BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 06:41 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:09 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:03 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 01:36 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 01:29 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 12:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,052
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 162 of 205 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168727
06/06/16 08:47 AM
06/06/16 08:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I think you should go on the Chaminade thread and read some of the stuff that is posted there between non-public school parents before you cast stones over here (biblical reference intended). Or maybe you are from one of those sleep away, D-Bag private schools, then please go away altogether (with your hold-backs, reclassifications and $50k a year in HS tuition to save $20k a year in college tuition). Although I disagree with about 95% of the non-lacrosse, despicable posts on this particular thread, it seems to be confined to the same 3 or 4 towns in Nassau County for some reason. Suffolk is not perfect either by any means but the Suffolk posts seemed to be more directed to the actual outcome of a game because of play on the field and not about "peripheral issues". But at least when it comes to the publics, many of the posters are passionate (although at times misguided) because their son or daughter plays at their alma mater - and in the community which they grew up themselves. What's' the excuse on the Private side of the house? BTW, many of the posts are from teenagers and not parents - in case you needed to actually be told that.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, you guys in the public conferences really, and I mean Really, need to get a grip.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168729
06/06/16 08:49 AM
06/06/16 08:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


That's what you want to dwell on? The exact classification of a town rather than the fact that this Manhasset team had no heart and couldn't beat the good teams despite the pre-season hype of the community?


Lots of other towns that were hyped this year that didnt deliver, but the only posts on here are about Syosset and Manhasset. Why do you suppose that is?


Because the parents in those two towns are Type A psychotics and think they own the game. [/quote]

Hey GC parent if you got beef with Set keep it there why involve Syo. Good luck to WM SWR and CSH. There is good and bad in all towns including GC, you guys overcame adversity and your coach did a great job having boundaries and setting examples. Good Luck in 2017 see in in game 1 of next year.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168730
06/06/16 08:49 AM
06/06/16 08:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The comment about how nice the GC parents are was written by a GC parent. Its obvious...please...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #168734
06/06/16 08:54 AM
06/06/16 08:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Syosset program was NOTHING before Calabria got there. Not even competitive ever, forever. He changed that. Take your sour grapes elsewhere. Congrats on a great season. I mean that. A really good season. You lost a couple of games to better teams and beat some really good teams along the way. Reflect and enjoy the memories your kids created for you and be a little more humble going forward.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168735
06/06/16 08:55 AM
06/06/16 08:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Give it a rest. If your team ever made it to the playoffs, you would know that it is tradition that EVERY team sets up a tent and parents volunteer to bring trays of food, desserts, drinks, etc. No one is drinking excessively. The GC tent was set up diagonally from SWR, two rows from CSH, 10 cars away from Ward Melville and a stone's throw from Babylon & Syosset. If you are a Manhasset dad, congrats, you win most hypocritical post of the year.


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was tailgating with some friends last night waiting for the class A game to start. The SWR lax team had finished celebrating with their parents and friends and were ready to head home. They walked past the Garden City tailgate and the GC parents started to clap, congratulate them and wish them luck. With all the negative comments posted on here about Towns, parents, coaches, teams etc., I thought it was worth mentioning something positive. Nice job Garden City and good luck to all the LI teams moving on.


Garden City parents tailgating at a High School game w red cups. Wonder where the kids get this behavior and think it's ok. Drinking in parking lots before a HS game? Can't you just have a soda with your kids and a hot dog and go watch? Who drives home?


You are such a tool. The person was complimenting their behavior not knocking it. Loser, I mean sore loser from Manhasset FYI no mention of red cups.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168739
06/06/16 09:09 AM
06/06/16 09:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical Syosset Lacrosse fans. If you don't win its got to be the coaches fault.
John Calabria and his coaches do a great job, but they don't have sticks and don't play the game.
Sometime the players don't play as well as they can.
Sometimes the other team is just more talented or plays better
Get over it. Syosset can't win every big game,
Imagine what the disgruntled Syosset parents would have ranted if they were undefeated Patriot fans beaten by the Giants in the super bowl
The community should be proud since Calabria took over the program and if they don't remember what the program was like before he started became the head coach
Praise sports for the experiences and opportunity they provide the students, and the hard work the coaching staff puts in to help them achieve their goals
Stop being so critical of the coaches at Syosset, or the excellent , hard working, coaches elsewhere for that matter, because the players lost a game
Someone always has to lose
You just can't blame the coach each time


Well said, but because of the bull crap in the town of Syosset they might lose Calabria. The program will go to crap if he is gone!!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #168759
06/06/16 10:35 AM
06/06/16 10:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Calabria is not a good coach he wins when he has more talent period. He is an nut on sidelines. I think he got flagged for being too far on the field in Massapequa game. Not only does he belittle his own players he scream at opposing players which is totally unacceptable.
He is a tool- who uses his power in unacceptable ways. He should not be coaching.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168762
06/06/16 10:45 AM
06/06/16 10:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Thank goodness these posts are all written mostly by unathletic parents who never ever played a sport at the level that the kids at Syosset, Manhasset,Garden City, CSH, SWR, Ward Melville,Massapequa,Chaminade and St Anthony's have.especially the schools that take on all comers from around the country.I might be missing a few good ones,my apologies. If these parents knew anything about competitition they would know that all of the young men who are representing these schools have worked really hard at their sport and are winners,that all of the maligned coaching staffs have been winners and will be winners again.. the only real losers are the parents who can't see the beauty of the game..just the results.. I would like to know of the the group of parents bad mouthing Coaching staffs and head coaches at these schools..How many Varsity wins,How many county titles,how many state titles do you have on YOUR belt? and how many young men have you helped to get into college besides your own? These guys you are bad mouthing are teachers and coaches and Dads and sons and uncles..if you really want to badmouth them..at least put your name on it.. that's fair,,then people can look at you and your son and judge how you've done..actually that would fun...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168773
06/06/16 11:07 AM
06/06/16 11:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calabria is not a good coach he wins when he has more talent period. He is an nut on sidelines. I think he got flagged for being too far on the field in Massapequa game. Not only does he belittle his own players he scream at opposing players which is totally unacceptable.
He is a tool- who uses his power in unacceptable ways. He should not be coaching.


Are you from Syo ? If so don't hide behind anonymity and if not mind your business.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168782
06/06/16 11:37 AM
06/06/16 11:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was tailgating with some friends last night waiting for the class A game to start. The SWR lax team had finished celebrating with their parents and friends and were ready to head home. They walked past the Garden City tailgate and the GC parents started to clap, congratulate them and wish them luck. With all the negative comments posted on here about Towns, parents, coaches, teams etc., I thought it was worth mentioning something positive. Nice job Garden City and good luck to all the LI teams moving on.


Garden City parents tailgating at a High School game w red cups. Wonder where the kids get this behavior and think it's ok. Drinking in parking lots before a HS game? Can't you just have a soda with your kids and a hot dog and go watch? Who drives home?


Lighten up. Little tailgate never hurt anyone. GC parents are the last ones you have to worry about behaving poorly! And uber!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168786
06/06/16 11:42 AM
06/06/16 11:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calabria is not a good coach he wins when he has more talent period. He is an nut on sidelines. I think he got flagged for being too far on the field in Massapequa game. Not only does he belittle his own players he scream at opposing players which is totally unacceptable.
He is a tool- who uses his power in unacceptable ways. He should not be coaching.


Are you from Syo ? If so don't hide behind anonymity and if not mind your business.


Says the guy posting anonymously

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168799
06/06/16 12:08 PM
06/06/16 12:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you should go on the Chaminade thread and read some of the stuff that is posted there between non-public school parents before you cast stones over here (biblical reference intended). Or maybe you are from one of those sleep away, D-Bag private schools, then please go away altogether (with your hold-backs, reclassifications and $50k a year in HS tuition to save $20k a year in college tuition). Although I disagree with about 95% of the non-lacrosse, despicable posts on this particular thread, it seems to be confined to the same 3 or 4 towns in Nassau County for some reason. Suffolk is not perfect either by any means but the Suffolk posts seemed to be more directed to the actual outcome of a game because of play on the field and not about "peripheral issues". But at least when it comes to the publics, many of the posters are passionate (although at times misguided) because their son or daughter plays at their alma mater - and in the community which they grew up themselves. What's' the excuse on the Private side of the house? BTW, many of the posts are from teenagers and not parents - in case you needed to actually be told that.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, you guys in the public conferences really, and I mean Really, need to get a grip.


So when you have a minute go take a look at Ivy league and Patriot lax rosters and notice the disparity between private and public school kids and then get back to me and tell me its all about saving 20k in tuition. So as usual someone shoots off at the mouth with absolutely no clue of what he/she is talking about. Oh and calling kids Dbags is a nice touch as well, nice job.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168815
06/06/16 12:50 PM
06/06/16 12:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you should go on the Chaminade thread and read some of the stuff that is posted there between non-public school parents before you cast stones over here (biblical reference intended). Or maybe you are from one of those sleep away, D-Bag private schools, then please go away altogether (with your hold-backs, reclassifications and $50k a year in HS tuition to save $20k a year in college tuition). Although I disagree with about 95% of the non-lacrosse, despicable posts on this particular thread, it seems to be confined to the same 3 or 4 towns in Nassau County for some reason. Suffolk is not perfect either by any means but the Suffolk posts seemed to be more directed to the actual outcome of a game because of play on the field and not about "peripheral issues". But at least when it comes to the publics, many of the posters are passionate (although at times misguided) because their son or daughter plays at their alma mater - and in the community which they grew up themselves. What's' the excuse on the Private side of the house? BTW, many of the posts are from teenagers and not parents - in case you needed to actually be told that.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, you guys in the public conferences really, and I mean Really, need to get a grip.


Keepin' it classy you adult D-bag.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168834
06/06/16 01:32 PM
06/06/16 01:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical Syosset Lacrosse fans. If you don't win its got to be the coaches fault.
John Calabria and his coaches do a great job, but they don't have sticks and don't play the game.
Sometime the players don't play as well as they can.
Sometimes the other team is just more talented or plays better
Get over it. Syosset can't win every big game,
Imagine what the disgruntled Syosset parents would have ranted if they were undefeated Patriot fans beaten by the Giants in the super bowl
The community should be proud since Calabria took over the program and if they don't remember what the program was like before he started became the head coach
Praise sports for the experiences and opportunity they provide the students, and the hard work the coaching staff puts in to help them achieve their goals
Stop being so critical of the coaches at Syosset, or the excellent , hard working, coaches elsewhere for that matter, because the players lost a game
Someone always has to lose
You just can't blame the coach each time


"players lost the game" Said like true a-hole Coach... Ugh, this is the very attitude that people hate in a Coach. A good Coach praises his players when he wins, He takes responsibility when they lose... It's called leadership. WOW.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #168841
06/06/16 01:43 PM
06/06/16 01:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical Syosset Lacrosse fans. If you don't win its got to be the coaches fault.
John Calabria and his coaches do a great job, but they don't have sticks and don't play the game.
Sometime the players don't play as well as they can.
Sometimes the other team is just more talented or plays better
Get over it. Syosset can't win every big game,
Imagine what the disgruntled Syosset parents would have ranted if they were undefeated Patriot fans beaten by the Giants in the super bowl
The community should be proud since Calabria took over the program and if they don't remember what the program was like before he started became the head coach
Praise sports for the experiences and opportunity they provide the students, and the hard work the coaching staff puts in to help them achieve their goals
Stop being so critical of the coaches at Syosset, or the excellent , hard working, coaches elsewhere for that matter, because the players lost a game
Someone always has to lose
You just can't blame the coach each time


"players lost the game" Said like true a-hole Coach... Ugh, this is the very attitude that people hate in a Coach. A good Coach praises his players when he wins, He takes responsibility when they lose... It's called leadership. WOW.


Unless you're Dom Starsia.

Page 162 of 205 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 204 205



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1