BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry the Mount will be joining them 7-5 over CSH go get girls !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk B not strong at all!

Strong enough to win states last year. Nassau B's are losing all their fire power. Next year Suffolk B will still be strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strong enough to win state's last year . Nassau B'a losing all their fire power this year. Next year Suffolk B great shot at being state champs again. Time will tell. Good luck to all teams playing in state championship next week. Bring it home! Strong Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk one game short of the sweep for this year. Two out of three ain't bad. All outcomes as expected. Let's see if Long Island can sweep states again, good luck girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WI 6- M 4

Massapequa too one dimensional.

West islip should have murdered them. Went in too confident

I expected WI to win, which they did but I thought the M goalie did a [lacrosse] of a job!

Massapequa goalie kept them in it, should have been a blowout. how many saves did she have 15 ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
#trigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour All Americans from CSH got shut down. You have to question that selection process.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 3 1 go Suffolk County

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour All Americans from CSH got shut down. You have to question that selection process.....

Do you seriously have to ask that question? Is any selections ever completely legit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass SS only 8th grade, call me in 4 years. she will be a stud. not there yet. WI D shut down defense. game could have been ugly if not for Mass goalie, another 8th grader. she was outstanding in defeat

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk County wins again..... Nassau getting closer, won 1 this year..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you seriously have to ask that question? Is any selections ever completely legit?

A Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Joke

Can name 10 attackers from LI that had better numbers than those 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Different day ...same story.
Trigger
Dramatic head floping
A certain coach calling the game NOT the refs
Unbalanced # of calls
Unreasonable yellow cards
Sadly a win is a win... The t-shirts may say 2016 LI Champions
But most of LI (even the refs in his pocket) will know who the better teams are in Suffolk and in Nassua.
Maybe one day every player will be taught to play with integrity and to use their skill to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strong enough to win state's last year . Nassau B'a losing all their fire power this year. Next year Suffolk B great shot at being state champs again. Time will tell. Good luck to all teams playing in state championship next week. Bring it home! Strong Island!

You mean Suffolk........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

The order might have been a little off but other than that pretty accurate.

Great job West Islip!

I think coaching puts WI over the top. As stated above:
**"Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win."**

Good Luck the rest of the way, bring home another State Championship.

What will next year bring? Who will compete? Will the same teams be there in the end? does anyone lose too much to graduation?

2017 outlook

West Islip - Coaching will have them ready to compete.

Smithtown West - Will be hungry and should be there at the end.

Middle Country - Coaching staff will have to get players to believe they can win in the playoffs.

Northport - Hate all you want but they will be in the mix.

Ward Melville - Coaching, or lack thereof is an issue.

Smithtown East - Should improve. Can coaching get them over the hump?

Good bet the same teams will be in the final four. Will there be any surprises?

What's your beef with Smithtown East and Ward Melville coaches?

No beef at all. Do you think that all coaches are equal or that coaching does not matter? Both teams have more than enough talented athletes to be more competitive. Both teams are from "Lacrosse Towns" with solid youth programs and many of the girls have the stick in their had year round (club, camps, clinics, training etc...). Just look at their records over the past three or four years. Yes, they have winning records and they make the playoffs but their wins come against the bottom of the league. If the WI or NP coaches went to one of the bottom five or six teams I don't think it would make a big difference. However, if CR or JN went to Smithtown East or Ward Melville I think those programs would instantly become much more competitive.

CR or JN would not want to deal with the elitest, upperclass attitude of both those teams. Neither team likes to sweat or get dirty. AN and KK are both experienced coaches but they can only brings team so far if the kids are willing to do the work. "Lacrosse Town" or not they just don't have it in them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry the Mount will be joining them 7-5 over CSH go get girls !

Hey Nassau guys, I thought CSH was a lock. Suffolk rules..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

No beef at all. Do you think that all coaches are equal or that coaching does not matter? Both teams have more than enough talented athletes to be more competitive. Both teams are from "Lacrosse Towns" with solid youth programs and many of the girls have the stick in their had year round (club, camps, clinics, training etc...). Just look at their records over the past three or four years. Yes, they have winning records and they make the playoffs but their wins come against the bottom of the league. If the WI or NP coaches went to one of the bottom five or six teams I don't think it would make a big difference. However, if CR or JN went to Smithtown East or Ward Melville I think those programs would instantly become much more competitive.
[/quote]

CR or JN would not want to deal with the elitest, upperclass attitude of both those teams. Neither team likes to sweat or get dirty. AN and KK are both experienced coaches but they can only brings team so far if the kids are willing to do the work. "Lacrosse Town" or not they just don't have it in them. [/quote]

To say the WM girls have elitest, upperclass attitudes and don't like to sweat or get dirty is laughable and ignorant. It's a general consensus that KK has many coaching issues. When WM scrimmages/work-outs with other teams during the year, the girls' responses have been, "Oh, so that's what it's like to have a coach who instructs."

Can't speak about SE, but WM coach is not well received by just about everyone. Not from one family, but many. She has to know, as concerns have been shared with Administration, but still, she stays.

No, my daughter does not play for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

CR or JN would not want to deal with the elitest, upperclass attitude of both those teams. Neither team likes to sweat or get dirty. AN and KK are both experienced coaches but they can only brings team so far if the kids are willing to do the work. "Lacrosse Town" or not they just don't have it in them. [/quote]

To say the WM girls have elitest, upperclass attitudes and don't like to sweat or get dirty is laughable and ignorant. It's a general consensus that KK has many coaching issues. When WM scrimmages/work-outs with other teams during the year, the girls' responses have been, "Oh, so that's what it's like to have a coach who instructs."

Can't speak about SE, but WM coach is not well received by just about everyone. Not from one family, but many. She has to know, as concerns have been shared with Administration, but still, she stays.

No, my daughter does not play for her. [/quote]

No, my daughter does not play for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

"Oh no, the parents don't like me! I guess I should leave". Said no coach ever. And I would guess that your daughter does play for her since you included that at the end. Sorry to hear that but they did better than we did so I don't feel that bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-* "CR or JN would not want to deal with the elitest, upperclass attitude of both those teams. Neither team likes to sweat or get dirty. AN and KK are both experienced coaches but they can only brings team so far if the kids are willing to do the work. "Lacrosse Town" or not they just don't have it in them."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice try. Go stir another pot.

Everyone knows Its only the communities of lower socioeconomic status that do well in lacrosse. Kids from such towns as Garden City, Manhasset, CSH, Syosset, Massapequa, Smithtown West, Mt Sinai, etc.. would never put in the work required to succeed. Or maybe Smithtown East and Ward Melville Parents only instill the work ethic in their boys.

Northport and West Islip are such tough places to grow up in... it must be the mean streets that have been the difference all these years.

Go stir another pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, my daughter does not play for her.[/quote]

How many times are you going to post this response? Enough with Ward Melville. They are long gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably some disgruntled MC parent yeah yeah that MC that was supposed to win it all the last two years who couldnt get past the Mighty Lions and there is no Nassau A league its a supposed super league and the only good teams in that super league are GC Man , Wantagh and Cold Spring Harbor and Suffolk A has WI ,MC and SW so there you go the Nassau super league has 4 good teams and Suffolk A has 3 good teams. So far 1 super league team and 1 Suffolk A team goimg to the final four. Hopefully Mount Sinai will be joining them.

MC was supposed to win it the last 3 years....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for Nassau Super Conference and all those Super Teams, only 1 team made it to states. I guess Suffolk has the right idea. 2 out of 3 LIC Champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous-14
#trigger

#patheticBBPparent
#crybaby
#soreloser
#nobodycares
#nevergotofftheisland
#needXanax
#letitgo
#youjustwaittillnextyear...

oh yeah one more

#GETYOURSHINEBOX!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for Nassau Super Conference and all those Super Teams, only 1 team made it to states. I guess Suffolk has the right idea. 2 out of 3 LIC Champs.

The power conference is a good idea. Obviously not every team in this conference is strong each and every year but it is still better than playing games against the true non competitive teams that are out there.

The A conference in Nassau is not strong at all. Massapequa had a losing record in the power conference and won the county championship. CSH is the only decent team in the C conference and they had a 5-4 record in the power conference.

To be honest the B conference in Nassau has been the best for a while now. The top three teams (GC, Manhasset and Wantagh) are in my opinion the three best teams on Long Island. Wantagh beat both West Islip and Mt Sinai during the season. Unfortunately two of those teams never make it out of Nassau county.

High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth sending my daughter to the awards dinner for Nassau County this week? She won an award and was debating going. Everyone is just so short on time I was wondering if it was worth attending. Please try to limit the nasty/snide/sarcastic comments if that is at all possible. Thanks

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Is it worth sending my daughter to the awards dinner for Nassau County this week? She won an award and was debating going. Everyone is just so short on time I was wondering if it was worth attending. Please try to limit the nasty/snide/sarcastic comments if that is at all possible. Thanks

She should go and so should you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do they announce the All Long Island team. Did I miss that ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do they announce the All Long Island team. Did I miss that ?

Don't know if they publish a list or not. My daughter was notified by her coach and invited to the award dinner. Any one know if any list is published anywhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#trigger

#patheticBBPparent
#crybaby
#soreloser
#nobodycares
#nevergotofftheisland
#needXanax
#letitgo

oh yeah one more

#GETYOURSHINEBOX!

Now that was #perfect ! LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is that Wantagh is moving to Class "C" next year. Any truth to that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#trigger

#patheticBBPparent
#crybaby
#soreloser
#nobodycares
#nevergotofftheisland
#needXanax
#letitgo

oh yeah one more

#GETYOURSHINEBOX!

Trigger
Dramatic head floping
Unbalanced # of calls
But most of LI (even the refs in his pocket) will know who the better teams are in Suffolk and in Nassua.
Maybe one day every player will be taught to play with integrity and to use their skill to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kids only young once...go !!!
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

She should go and so should you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#trigger

#patheticBBPparent
#crybaby
#soreloser
#nobodycares
#nevergotofftheisland
#needXanax
#letitgo

oh yeah one more

#GETYOURSHINEBOX!

Trigger
Dramatic head floping
Unbalanced # of calls

A BBP parent talking about girls playing with integrity! That's a joke!! You just got beat by a team that plays your game better than you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DO GIRLS WHO PLAY FOR THE REALLY SMALL DIVISIONS CLASS 4 OR SMALLER HAVE ANY REASILTIC SHOT AT COLLEGE RECRUITING?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DO GIRLS WHO PLAY FOR THE REALLY SMALL DIVISIONS CLASS 4 OR SMALLER HAVE ANY REASILTIC SHOT AT COLLEGE RECRUITING?

very few get recruited from high school lacrosse. ( it is certainly the exception then the rule)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went last year. It was a nice night with our daughter. I would say go if you can. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their enrollment would have to be 475-789 for class C

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their enrollment would have to be 475-789 for class C

Someone said Wantagh is 770 so yes they will be in C. There will now be 4 classes next year A, B, C, D

Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard