BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 77 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The parents calling for Calabria to step down yet ?

The blonde-headed coaching crew didn't have much of a game plan for the WM defense. I'd say WM was more prepared than Syosset.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Manhasset parents were so over the top this year with yelling at the refs (Manhasset never committs any infractions evidently) and even with parents on other teams and sometimes between Manhasset parents. What a pressure cooker. My guess is that they were expecting a state championship starting the minute last season ended because of an overrated attack that can only produce against wallflower opponents. And now they can't seem to process what everybody else had already known. I would have loved to have been at Hofstra just to see the meltdown of the Manhasset parent faces during the last 10 minutes. Delicious.

not very nice or fair of you to be so seemingly jealous of a team with a very grand winning tradition.

Not from that town but i know many of the players and parents. they are very supportive of the game and are just frustrated. that team is loaded with top level D1 talent. clearly the formula is missing an ingredient or the chef needs remediation; but dont attack players or parents or town. There is no need for that

D1 "recruits" that can't get it done in high school. Hmmm...maybe not as "D1" talented as they need to be. Sorry, not buying it. When you look at the list of failures to produce in big spots against better competition, those supposed D1 kids consistently failed to show up. Nothing wrong with the system or coach, the kids just didn't put the big numbers up against the better teams when Cherry needed them to. If they couldn't do it against GC, will be interesting to see if they can do it against Duke, Virginia et. al.

In all honesty if your going to blame the kids, Can you explain what this "system" is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game WM!

Very happy fans sat in opposite stands, but across the field we could hear why syosset deserves their reputation.

Some of your crowd is bad news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4-1 at half sounds like Syo was never in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syo parent here, it is very tough losing to team you are better then, when you know deep down you can beat 9 times out of 10. Tonight was not one of the nights. Tonight WM was the better team at pretty much every aspect of the game. I will be rooting for them the rest of the way - good luck patriots

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syo parent here, it is very tough losing to team you are better then, when you know deep down you can beat 9 times out of 10. Tonight was not one of the nights. Tonight WM was the better team at pretty much every aspect of the game. I will be rooting for them the rest of the way - good luck patriots

You got beat in just about every aspect of the game, but Syo was a better team? What empirical evidence do you have to support that you would beat them 9 out of 10 times? I say the reverse is true. Other than their all world attackman, no one was winning their individual matchups against that defense. Let's talk coaching for a minute. Not one time did I see a player covered by a short stick, set a pick to try and change the matchup and get your best attackman and best midfielder off a long pole. Overall, except on faceoffs, they also did a better job on ground balls. And once WM went into the zone with that goaltender, Syo was not winning that game. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Syosset crowd calling out the WM players' names and chanting crap about them. Glad to see them get shut up. WM clearly out played Syosset and controlled the game.

Let's watch the Syosset implosion. Come on Syosset parents.

Their chants weren't only at DELETED but yeah.

Read the article.DELETED I had no rooting interest, but now I'm glad WM won. I hope it was Syosset students and not the parents. By the way, where were the Syosset school supervisors letting this nonsense occur?

Are you stupid???? I deleted the above and you go and say it again. I just can not believe the dropper full of intelligence in high school parents. Your kids are doomed!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Syosset crowd calling out the WM players' names and chanting crap about them. Glad to see them get shut up. WM clearly out played Syosset and controlled the game.

Read the article.DELETED I had no rooting interest, but now I'm glad WM won. I hope it was Syosset students and not the parents. By the way, where were the Syosset school supervisors letting this nonsense occur?

Are you stupid???? I deleted the above and you go and say it again. I just can not believe the dropper full of intelligence in high school parents. Your kids are doomed!

The article identifies the position. It's the headline. You can't identify positions???? Nothing bad was said and no name was used. I think you are a little over sensitive here. Look at some context. All world attackman can be said above, but no other positions??

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. You know deep down you can win?? Obviously not the better team and clearly not the better fans. Should be embarrassed.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

The article identifies the position. It's the headline. You can't identify positions???? Nothing bad was said and no name was used. I think you are a little over sensitive here. Look at some context. All world attackman can be said above, but no other positions??

Listen, I don't give a flip what was said somewhere else. I care about what is said here. In this case identifying the position, identified the player.

If I leave you imbeciles alone to talk about kids it just keeps getting worse and if you don't like the policies here at BOTC, feel free to go somewhere else and [lacrosse] about each other and your kids. I only wish all of you could see the garbage that you spew like I do. Maybe then you would understand why I am "sensitive"!!!!!

I trust that I have made myself clear, no?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Read the Newsday article.DELETED I had no rooting interest, but now I'm glad WM won. I hope it was Syosset students and not the parents. By the way, where were the Syosset school supervisors letting this nonsense occur?

Listen, I don't give a flip what was said somewhere else. I care about what is said here. In this case identifying the position, identified the player.

If I leave you imbeciles alone to talk about kids it just keeps getting worse and if you don't like the policies here at BOTC, feel free to go somewhere else and [lacrosse] about each other and your kids. I only wish all of you could see the garbage that you spew like I do. Maybe then you would understand why I am "sensitive"!!!!!

LOL, toughie

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Read the Newsday article.DELETED I had no rooting interest, but now I'm glad WM won. I hope it was Syosset students and not the parents. By the way, where were the Syosset school supervisors letting this nonsense occur?

LOL, toughie

Hey toughie register and put a name behind your posts. You use the veil of anonymity as your strength you keyboard warrior. As Moderators we try and protect the kids from asshats like you, who can't comprehend or read. As was said before cut the crap out. Let people read the Newsday article but we will not tolerate the singling out of students on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got beat in just about every aspect of the game, but Syo was a better team? What empirical evidence do you have to support that you would beat them 9 out of 10 times? I say the reverse is true. Other than their all world attackman, no one was winning their individual matchups against that defense. Let's talk coaching for a minute. Not one time did I see a player covered by a short stick, set a pick to try and change the matchup and get your best attackman and best midfielder off a long pole. Overall, except on faceoffs, they also did a better job on ground balls. And once WM went into the zone with that goaltender, Syo was not winning that game. Period.

dude - read the original quote - I was saying last night was NOT one of those nights - WM was the better team and theer is no embarrassment or regret losing to them because they are the better team. - sorry if this compliment of WM was not understood

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Read the Newsday article.DELETED I had no rooting inrest, but now I'm glad WM won. I hope it was Syosset students and not the parents. By the way, where were the Syosset school supervisors letting this nonsense occur?

Are you stupid???? I deleted the above and you go and say it again. I just can not believe the dropper full of intelligence in high school parents. Your kids are doomed![/quote]

The article identifies the position. It's the headline. You can't identify positions???? Nothing bad was said and no name was used. I think you are a little over sensitive here. Look at some context. All world attackman can be said above, but no other positions?? [/quote]

I trust that I have made myself clear, no?[/quote]

LOL, toughie [/quote]

Hey toughie register and put a name behind your posts. You use the veil of anonymity as your strength you keyboard warrior. As Moderators we try and protect the kids from asshats like you, who can't comprehend or read. As was said before cut the crap out. Let people read the Newsday article but we will not tolerate the singling out of students on here. [/quote]WOW! A soccer mom moderator on a lacrosse board calling a poster stupid. Spewing nonsens about protecting a player when ther position was alluded to, but doing absolutely nothing when a poster calls out coach cherry's kid, why not delete that post also? Or is somehow that kid exempt? You moderators are a flakey bunch. Not very professional of you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A group of former Syo players were juvenile and inappropriate to say the least.
Alcohol and competition unfortunately burnt out the worst in people
So does jealousy . 3 villages and Syosset are 2 great programs and communities Anyone who wants to bad mouth us good luck and keep hating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Embarrassing infighting. Sorry WM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apologize for the boneheads who should have been sent home to bed with no supper. If parents--well there's no excuse.
You didn't do any favors for your friends out there trying so hard.
Wasn't there watched the stream -- proud of the effort, played to the end.
Great boys, great heart.
Champs in our book.
Hats off to WM.
Wouldn't dream of mentioning names, but someone "handcuffed lightning, threw thunder in jail" last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again the Syosset head coach proves he's below average. He should have 2 or 3 state championships by now with all of the talent he's had over the past 5 years. If this guy was a college coach he would be on the hot seat for sure. Good luck Syosset with the frustration that will continue for years to come under this joker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Manhasset parents were so over the top this year with yelling at the refs (Manhasset never committs any infractions evidently) and even with parents on other teams and sometimes between Manhasset parents. What a pressure cooker. My guess is that they were expecting a state championship starting the minute last season ended because of an overrated attack that can only produce against wallflower opponents. And now they can't seem to process what everybody else had already known. I would have loved to have been at Hofstra just to see the meltdown of the Manhasset parent faces during the last 10 minutes. Delicious.

not very nice or fair of you to be so seemingly jealous of a team with a very grand winning tradition.

Not from that town but i know many of the players and parents. they are very supportive of the game and are just frustrated. that team is loaded with top level D1 talent. clearly the formula is missing an ingredient or the chef needs remediation; but dont attack players or parents or town. There is no need for that

D1 "recruits" that can't get it done in high school. Hmmm...maybe not as "D1" talented as they need to be. Sorry, not buying it. When you look at the list of failures to produce in big spots against better competition, those supposed D1 kids consistently failed to show up. Nothing wrong with the system or coach, the kids just didn't put the big numbers up against the better teams when Cherry needed them to. If they couldn't do it against GC, will be interesting to see if they can do it against Duke, Virginia et. al.

In all honesty if your going to blame the kids, Can you explain what this "system" is?

The same "system" that has resulted in multiple state championships or state final appearances over the past 7 or 8 years. Cherry just didn't have the horses this year. He's working with self centered overhyped kids who have been told how wonderful they are their whole lives and during the meaningless summer circuit but have no real results to back it up. There was no real leadership or toughness on this team - it was all talk by the players and parents before the season even began they were talking smack about a state title - only because Victor had moved up to A. But, when a team like GC or Darien stepped up and punched these over hyped little bullies in the mouth, they fell apart as quickly as I've ever seen. Even if they had gotten by GC, they would have never survived gritty teams like SWR, Yorktown or any tough blue collar team from upstate. Oh well, at least they have their graduation gift beemers waiting for them in the school parking lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gee. Wonder who this could be. Keep trying, dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same "system" that has resulted in multiple state championships or state final appearances over the past 7 or 8 years. Cherry just didn't have the horses this year. He's working with self centered overhyped kids who have been told how wonderful they are their whole lives and during the meaningless summer circuit but have no real results to back it up. There was no real leadership or toughness on this team - it was all talk by the players and parents before the season even began they were talking smack about a state title - only because Victor had moved up to A. But, when a team like GC or Darien stepped up and punched these over hyped little bullies in the mouth, they fell apart as quickly as I've ever seen. Even if they had gotten by GC, they would have never survived gritty teams like SWR, Yorktown or any tough blue collar team from upstate. Oh well, at least they have their graduation gift beemers waiting for them in the school parking lot.
Blaming the kids? are you serious? Manhasset has never had as many horses as this year! There was no coaching for the team. Only promotion of friends and family at ALL COSTS. 6 Captains? Seriously? The NEPOTISM CARD has been played for 3 years. Team saddled with a below average friends and family who had no chance of being recruited at the D1 level

What a defensive angry post above about MANHASSET ....sounds like thou dost protest too much?? .MANHASSET: Why did we loose in a fantastic implosion with all these d1 commits you ask? Our coach was too concerned with promoting friends and family and padding their stats and doing favors to put inferior players on the field in order to keep the side business afloat. These kids couldn't even make a "c" club team! Yet they were on the field the WHOLE SEASON with NO ADJUSTMENTS!

OUTRAGEOUS: ATHLETIC and FINANCIAL AWARDS given to Friends and Family with below average performance or efforts and NOTHING for the 2 senior defenders who anchored our defense for 2 years and brought us to the STATES last year???? Too unbelievable to be true but sadly these are facts with no opinions.

NEPOTISM HAS TO STOP IN MANHASSET!! ADMINISTRATION:HOW ARE YOU ALLOWING THIS BEHAVIOR TO CONTINUE??? What are we showing our kids? Work hard but expect those that don't work as hard to get rewarded just because they are friends and family!

AND the fun starts again as Freshman friends and family are brought up from the third line JV to Varsity. FOUR MORE YEARS of inferior players stuck in the line up. It's impossible to hide their inferior skills as the numbers showed this year. STATS are FACTS. LOOK at the STATS. Any #'s that Friends and Family were able to put up was against inferior competition even though they played THE WHOLE GAME....EVERY GAME

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is hysterical. Plenty of " we were the better team awards in the Syosset H.S. Trophy case, none that say " NYS Class A Boy's Lacrosse State Champions". Please get over yourselves. Ever wonder why you have a certain reputation ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same "system" that has resulted in multiple state championships or state final appearances over the past 7 or 8 years. Cherry just didn't have the horses this year. He's working with self centered overhyped kids who have been told how wonderful they are their whole lives and during the meaningless summer circuit but have no real results to back it up. There was no real leadership or toughness on this team - it was all talk by the players and parents before the season even began they were talking smack about a state title - only because Victor had moved up to A. But, when a team like GC or Darien stepped up and Even if they had gotten by GC, they would have never survived gritty teams like SWR, Yorktown or any tough blue collar team from upstate. Oh well, at least they have their graduation gift beemers waiting for them in the school parking lot.

Wow name calling the kids now? "punched these over hyped little bullies in the mouth, they fell apart as quickly as I've ever seen."

Terrible

Manhasset Parents have stood by and watched behavior like this and the destruction of our program from NEPOTISM. Write letters, anonymously. Powers run very deep so I don't blame you. We need a movement for change. Eliminate nepotism and angry name calling and verbal harassment and abuse. Not to mention negativity to our boys. Eliminate NEPOTISM and CONFLICT OF INTEREST with side club team business. BRING BACK CROMWELL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again a disgruntle Sosset parent is ranting! If you watched last night's game then you would know it wasn't the "Syosset" team we have been seeing. Plan and simple, the team had a bad night! And we all know that the difference between a college coach and a high school coach is that in college a coach can cut players and choose who he wants to play without watching his back. In high school (especially Syosset) some parents are looking for every excuse to call Administration to report the coaching staff. I don't believe there is one college coach that would want to trade places with the Syosset coaching staff!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again a disgruntle Sosset parent is ranting! If you watched last night's game then you would know it wasn't the "Syosset" team we have been seeing. Plan and simple, the team had a bad night! And we all know that the difference between a college coach and a high school coach is that in college a coach can cut players and choose who he wants to play without watching his back. In high school (especially Syosset) some parents are looking for every excuse to call Administration to report the coaching staff. I don't believe there is one college coach that would want to trade places with the Syosset coaching staff!

Still, many coaches have done much more with much less talent. This guy is way below average. The empty state trophy case speaks for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you guys in the public conferences really, and I mean Really, need to get a grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true, college coaches do not want to go back to coaching high school LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are admitting you are a disgruntled parent and by all means, please name the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please list the coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are admitting you are a disgruntled parent and by all means, please name the coaches.

What coaches have done more with less talent? Seems to me all the teams that have advanced are pretty talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have a suitable replacement ? Maybe a coach who was in Syosset's Conference for a few years and now coaches in Suffolk. If you think the nepotism and friends of family at Manhasset is bad Syosset would become a cesspool if that ever happened. So maybe you can clarify who you have in mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have a suitable replacement ? Maybe a coach who was in Syosset's Conference for a few years and now coaches in Suffolk. If you think the nepotism and friends of family at Manhasset is bad Syosset would become a cesspool if that ever happened. So maybe you can clarify who you have in mind.

Keith Cromwell would have taken Syosset all the way with that offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I saw the bleached- headed coaching staff, I immediately thought, is this a team building chemistry thing or do we want to be one of the boys? I know WM's defense is awesome but one goal the first half? Then, after halftime, they come out and can't get anything but outside shots. Their last two goals were at the end of the 4th where the outcome was determined.
I thought the Syosset defense would pressure the ball more and take more chances late 3rd into 4th, being down as much as they were. Try to force a turnover and unsettled situations. WM turned the ball over a bunch and still they couldn't capitalize.

If you take away one player, Syosset scores one goal. You can't win a NYS championship without being balanced on both ends of the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still, many coaches have done much more with much less talent. This guy is way below average. The empty state trophy case speaks for itself.

So the great talent can't get over medicre coaching? Nope team sport try again, talent not as good as you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I saw the bleached- headed coaching staff, I immediately thought, is this a team building chemistry thing or do we want to be one of the boys? I know WM's defense is awesome but one goal the first half? Then, after halftime, they come out and can't get anything but outside shots. Their last two goals were at the end of the 4th where the outcome was determined.
I thought the Syosset defense would pressure the ball more and take more chances late 3rd into 4th, being down as much as they were. Try to force a turnover and unsettled situations. WM turned the ball over a bunch and still they couldn't capitalize.

If you take away one player, Syosset scores one goal. You can't win a NYS championship without being balanced on both ends of the field.

The WM goalie got in their heads early. They only got outside shots because that's what a zone defense gives you. WM was better on ground balls. I'd say the offenses were evenly matched. Syosset's only edge was at the faceoff X. I think sometimes coaches get lulled into a false sense of what there team is when they steamroll everyone. Good teams seem reluctant to use the pick game to get their best players free, because they didn't need to all season. I wasn't overly impressed with Syossets halftime adjustments, if there were any. Also, the goalie staring at a ball during timeouts I felt was silly. Didn't seem to help much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calabria can visit Pequa or Farmingdale to hold the State championship trophy. If he wants to wear a ring he can borrow the one OBrien won with Pequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough people! Game over WM was the better team LAST NIGHT! Let's leave the coaches alone and move on! For those graduating seniors - good luck! Good luck to Ward Melville as they head into the semis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's gritty and blue collar about SWR and Yorktown? Don't recall any Stella mills in either place. Just upper middle class good lacrosse towns. Like every other top tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough people! Game over WM was the better team LAST NIGHT! Let's leave the coaches alone and move on! For those graduating seniors - good luck! Good luck to Ward Melville as they head into the semis.

But we're Syosset. If we don't win, there must be someone to blame!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was tailgating with some friends last night waiting for the class A game to start. The SWR lax team had finished celebrating with their parents and friends and were ready to head home. They walked past the Garden City tailgate and the GC parents started to clap, congratulate them and wish them luck. With all the negative comments posted on here about Towns, parents, coaches, teams etc., I thought it was worth mentioning something positive. Nice job Garden City and good luck to all the LI teams moving on.

Page 60 of 77 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard