BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express the only team to go 3-0 at Elite 8. They avenged an early season loss to Bethesda. Hawks, Smash, 88+3 MD, and Bethesda all went 2-1. I don't see how you can keep any of the 2-1 teams out of the playoffs - one team will be very disappointed and undeservedly kept out since tie-breaker rules were unpublished.
Igloo, United, and Diamondbacks did not make playoffs.

[/[quote=Anonymous]Express the only team to go 3-0 at Elite 8. They avenged an early season loss to Bethesda. Hawks, Smash, 88+3 MD, and Bethesda all went 2-1. I don't see how you can keep any of the 2-1 teams out of the playoffs - one team will be very disappointed and undeservedly kept out since tie-breaker rules were unpublished.

Express won their games by one goal against Dbacks at very end and in OT over Bethesda. Easily could've gone the other way. When the team that is 1-2 in your bracket loses to Express by one, BLC by 2 and wins 11-5 over United, I would say whoever squeaked into playoffs will have their hands full. [lacrosse] 5 v 6 seed will be another great matchup whoever it is. Good job to all. Unfortunately there are only 4 spots in playoffs. But tie breaker rules weren't published for a reason and we all know why

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express the only team to go 3-0 at Elite 8. They avenged an early season loss to Bethesda. Hawks, Smash, 88+3 MD, and Bethesda all went 2-1. I don't see how you can keep any of the 2-1 teams out of the playoffs - one team will be very disappointed and undeservedly kept out since tie-breaker rules were unpublished.

[/[quote=Anonymous]Express the only team to go 3-0 at Elite 8. They avenged an early season loss to Bethesda. Hawks, Smash, 88+3 MD, and Bethesda all went 2-1. I don't see how you can keep any of the 2-1 teams out of the playoffs - one team will be very disappointed and undeservedly kept out since tie-breaker rules were unpublished.

Express won their games by one goal against Dbacks at very end and in OT over Bethesda. Easily could've gone the other way. When the team that is 1-2 in your bracket loses to Express by one, BLC by 2 and wins 11-5 over United, I would say whoever squeaked into playoffs will have their hands full. [lacrosse] 5 v 6 seed will be another great matchup whoever it is. Good job to all. Unfortunately there are only 4 spots in playoffs. But tie breaker rules weren't published for a reason and we all know why

MM did a very honorable thing by pulling his team 88+3 MD out of the playoffs. They deserved it as much as any of the other 2-1 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day for MD Rough Riders and FCA - both went 3-0!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing rec teams congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No - Looneys, Cannons, Chaos, and Next Level were there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM did a very honorable thing by pulling his team 88+3 MD out of the playoffs. They deserved it as much as any of the other 2-1 teams.

^^^^ not by any tie breaker rules in any tournament anywhere I the country. They are very good team but where best out by 3 other very good teams. Honorable is not the way to discribe his team from not making it in playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No butthead, they were not playing rec teams. A holes like you just can't wait to try and put down any other team.
Would rather see these two teams play in a different tourney than the one put on by cry baby MM. Boohoo that player touched my player Mr. ref, you need to kick him out of the game, and on the way off the field I'll give that kid a piece of my mind. Such an idiot in the way he tries to justify the means to an end. Completely wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rec teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to BeachLax? Only 4 teams this year-Fca, Diamondbacks, freedom and United. At least no one can complain they were in a tougher pool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to BeachLax? Only 4 teams this year-Fca, Diamondbacks, freedom and United. At least no one can complain they were in a tougher pool.

Most of the good teams are up at NLF Summer Series

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the good teams are up at NLF Summer Series

Why isn't it the same for the other grades? 2021, 2023, 2020 all have 8 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs Bethesda and Hawks are in NLF Summer Series only 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed he could of easily put them in instead of express, Hawks, Smash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No butthead, they were not playing rec teams. A holes like you just can't wait to try and put down any other team.
Would rather see these two teams play in a different tourney than the one put on by cry baby MM. Boohoo that player touched my player Mr. ref, you need to kick him out of the game, and on the way off the field I'll give that kid a piece of my mind. Such an idiot in the way he tries to justify the means to an end. Completely wrong.

Congrats to FCA for taking home the laxaplash 'ship beating Roughriders 7-3. Another team that did not make Hoco playoffs but playing great ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing RR ran scared and didn't play in Millon's event. They would have gotten embarrassed. Z

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing RR ran scared and didn't play in Millon's event. They would have gotten embarrassed. Z

Why would they even want to play in any event put of by the POS MM. Plus buddy boy, they never ran scared, they just knew what a ahold MM is and took a better path.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they even want to play in any event put of by the POS MM. Plus buddy boy, they never ran scared, they just knew what a ahold MM is and took a better path.

So then explain why they pulled out of a game vs them in Hoco? Does MM run Hoco? But if the parents are ok paying AA money and playing in B tourneys who am I to judge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So then explain why they pulled out of a game vs them in Hoco? Does MM run Hoco? But if the parents are ok paying AA money and playing in B tourneys who am I to judge.

They didn't pull out of a HOCO game against MM team. MM acts like a complete [lacrosse] and even talks trash to a RR player who is on the field. MM always wants his way, feels he is the god of lacrosse yet there are many who know much more than he does and do not act like they are the king of lacrosse.
Why would anyone want to be around him, even some of the parents of his players say he is not a nice person. He is driven by ego and money. And the HOCO game, RR refused to play him after the game against his team at St Paul's. MM is a cry baby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't pull out of a HOCO game against MM team. MM acts like a complete [lacrosse] and even talks trash to a RR player who is on the field. MM always wants his way, feels he is the god of lacrosse yet there are many who know much more than he does and do not act like they are the king of lacrosse.
Why would anyone want to be around him, even some of the parents of his players say he is not a nice person. He is driven by ego and money. And the HOCO game, RR refused to play him after the game against his team at St Paul's. MM is a cry baby.

Says the anonymous poster trashing someone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you knew MM you would clearly understand the deserved comments. Not trashing, just stating true facts. You need to understand the circumstances before you post "trashing".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't refusing to play a scheduled game the same as pulling out? Call it what ylu want....you backed out of playing and you backed out of this tourney. If i was a parent, I would want my money back. AA prices to play B tournaments???

Yes, MM is what you say....i guess I'm the guy who would show up and put my teams tent right next to his instead of running. To each his own. Good luck in the rec circuit this summer!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't refusing to play a scheduled game the same as pulling out? Call it what ylu want....you backed out of playing and you backed out of this tourney. If i was a parent, I would want my money back. AA prices to play B tournaments???

Yes, MM is what you say....i guess I'm the guy who would show up and put my teams tent right next to his instead of running. To each his own. Good luck in the rec circuit this summer!!

The schedule HOCO request was done not out of fear, no one fears MM, its putting up with his BS during a game, having him post a video of a player hitting one of his players during a game, talking trash to a RR player as he left the field, that was enough to want to not play a team associated with him and the same for his tournament. RR doesn't play in rec tournaments, as you suggested, but at the last minute the team needed to find an alternative for that weekend and the tournament they played in had an opening. This was done I April.
Why put your tent next to a butthead, I find it better and more enjoyable to be away from his type. Many coaches play against each other and off the field are friendly and speak to each other. Not MM, do something he doesn't like and he turns into a raving jerk. Even if you do nothing, he is never friendly and usually has his head up his butt. RR has more tournaments this summer that are neither rec or B. This team, from what I can see likes to play up and play AA, which is where they played in HOCO. And, the parents were in agreement about dropping MM's team from HOCO schedule and tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The schedule HOCO request was done not out of fear, no one fears MM, its putting up with his BS during a game, having him post a video of a player hitting one of his players during a game, talking trash to a RR player as he left the field, that was enough to want to not play a team associated with him and the same for his tournament. RR doesn't play in rec tournaments, as you suggested, but at the last minute the team needed to find an alternative for that weekend and the tournament they played in had an opening. This was done I April.
Why put your tent next to a butthead, I find it better and more enjoyable to be away from his type. Many coaches play against each other and off the field are friendly and speak to each other. Not MM, do something he doesn't like and he turns into a raving jerk. Even if you do nothing, he is never friendly and usually has his head up his butt. RR has more tournaments this summer that are neither rec or B. This team, from what I can see likes to play up and play AA, which is where they played in HOCO. And, the parents were in agreement about dropping MM's team from HOCO schedule and tournament.

I am not disputing ANYTHING you are saying about MM. 100% agreement. He always shows who he is by his actions.....however, is THIS how you want RR to be perceived? Even folks who despise MM are judging you more harshly than him for how YOU handled this. It has the strong appearance of running and hiding. Again, no need to reply about what a jerk he is. We know that. Just know your team's rep has taken a big hit too based on how you handled it.

Most people WERE on your side and were hoping you would beat them in the rematch to shut him up. But you backed out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you knew MM you would clearly understand the deserved comments. Not trashing, just stating true facts. You need to understand the circumstances before you post "trashing".

Actually, do know him from a coaching perspective for my child and he is not a warm fuzzy but is a great technical coach and the team learns a lot. There is no verbal abuse like so many other coaches but there is also no coddling. To each their own, but your constant trashing him makes you look a bit petty and jealous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is is pretty amusing as MM is tame compared to many coaches your child and team will encounter. Again, not a nurturing type and if that is what you are looking for go somewhere else but He IS one of the most knowledgeable about the game and able to teach the game which so many coaches can not. the RR poster seems to be blowing everything out of proportion and is clearly annoyed about something more than the guy being a jerk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda/ Smash rematch this weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, you suck holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda/ Smash rematch this weekend!

Amazing how a team like Bethesda can win only 2 games in the Hoco league yet make it to the championship of probably the toughest tournament for 2022 in Millon's event. Must have had some great practices during Memorial Day week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no one talks about Igloo...yes there are some weak kids on the top team but overall as a group they should be rated in the top 3 on Ll. They have 2 or 3 of the best skilled kids out there. Maybe small but pound for pound tough as it gets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no one talks about Igloo...yes there are some weak kids on the top team but overall as a group they should be rated in the top 3 on Ll. They have 2 or 3 of the best skilled kids out there. Maybe small but pound for pound tough as it gets
Maybe because this is a Maryland 2022 forum??? Just another LI parent obsessed with Maryland LAX I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you should be able to prove your ranking in 8 weeks or so. Just keep track of all the top teams and tournament results and bring them back here to prove your point. Like they say "that is why they play the game"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you should be able to prove your ranking in 8 weeks or so. Just keep track of all the top teams and tournament results and bring them back here to prove your point. Like they say "that is why they play the game"

Igloo is a great 2022 team. Unfortunately, they were only the 6th best team at E8 this past weekend. (Ahead of Diamondbacks and United)4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo went 0-4 last weekend. I believe the one fat,Up obnoxious parent ate more cheeseburgers than Igloo scored foals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo went 0-4 last weekend. I believe the one fat,Up obnoxious parent ate more cheeseburgers than Igloo scored foals?

Igloo beat Diamondbacks in consolation game 1-3 (repeat of Dicks national championship game - does not give a lot credence to that tournament)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team lost except Express. Any given tournament the top 8 teams can beat anyone. No dominant team for 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo not an offensive threat at this point. Attackmen are not big enough/strong enough yet. And I said 'YET' Which is not an indictment of their talent, especially with age discrepancy discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team lost except Express. Any given tournament the top 8 teams can beat anyone. No dominant team for 2022

I agree. Not a MM parent bit his tourney was great. Agree, you could play the same tournament this weekend and it could be flipped. A lot of very good teams. I suspect those who play each other again this summer will take turns beating each other. Sort of like last summer too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend will say a lot. Great Tournaments and competition . 2022 is stacked with talent .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is a great 2022 team. Unfortunately, they were only the 6th best team at E8 this past weekend. (Ahead of Diamondbacks and United)4

Igloo not really even 6th...They had no wins day 1 which put them 7th or 8th with United depending on which non published MM tiebreaker you go by. Consolation bracket posted that day had 5v6 as consolation game which Igloo was neither. MM changed the games, maybe so Md vs Ny teams instead of the way it was set originally. Anyone of these teams could win the whole thing really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't Igloo playing this weekend?

Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard