BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 77 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset has a football team??

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey rocks for brains all decked out in your grey and maroon Trojan gear-we get it your from GC... Manhasset has been referred to as 'Set since the 80's when our football helmets simply had 'Set printed in script on them. Keep your landlocked Garden City attitude where it belongs and is well recognized in GC...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Set dad, ask your Mormon son ""Do you think anyone on your team has ever tried pot or smokes regularly?" Watch him laugh in your face

Please stop. Manhasset coach is great. I love you people that moved into Manhasset and now call your town Set...Lived in GC all my life and have never heard anyone call their town Set until last year...The reason you are mad is that ur son sits on the bench where he belongs. The coach plays the best kids and wants to WIN all the time. Volunteer Asst also wants to win and you can see it when they coach..All Manhassets coaches are great and im proud to be friends with them. STOP ur crying and tell your son to get to a wall and practice.

Stand back everyone we have a "Chosen One" speaking. How dare anyone have town pride if you weren't born there FDB. Why don't you focus on your issues in GC, oh wait that was an isolated incident...keep telling yourself that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey rocks for brains all decked out in your grey and maroon Trojan gear-we get it your from GC... Manhasset has been referred to as 'Set since the 80's when our football helmets simply had 'Set printed in script on them. Keep your landlocked Garden City attitude where it belongs and is well recognized in GC...

Ummmm ... Jim Brown. Where you been ????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't you hear Syosset has to get past Port Wash. Don't you dare jump to the conclusion that they would play prequa for Nassau class A championship. Lol. Quick is a jerk. He and his MSG buddies are shills for StAnts, Chammy, GC, Set and Pequa. No offense they are all great programs but you would think according to these guys that Syo does not even exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop. Manhasset coach is great. I love you people that moved into Manhasset and now call your town Set...Lived in GC all my life and have never heard anyone call their town Set until last year...The reason you are mad is that ur son sits on the bench where he belongs. The coach plays the best kids and wants to WIN all the time. Volunteer Asst also wants to win and you can see it when they coach..All Manhassets coaches are great and im proud to be friends with them. STOP ur crying and tell your son to get to a wall and practice.
Please elaborate - great? Great at what? development of talent? In game situations? Changing personnel? Discipline? No discipline? Seems to be a few comments on here from people who are closer to the situation. Nepotism? Is that really true? Have heard how good the attack at Set is, someone posted "superior". If true, how is it they are out? Haven't heard much about GC D being best in conference, let alone county. Set lost the big games on their schedule except one? With a superior attack and a great coach you would think they would still be playing. - 1 superior attackman on a team will not be able to carry team himself. 2 superior attackman should make a difference most of the time. 3 superior attackman on one team is extraordinarily rare and should be rolling along provided there is a good D and goaltender, which from what I understand they had. So is the coach great? Is it the attack's fault? Or could there be underlying issues that some of the other posts are indicating?
Please elaborate - great? Great at what? development of talent? In game situations? Changing personnel? Discipline? No discipline? Seems to be a few comments on here from people who are closer to the situation. Nepotism? Is that really true? Have heard how good the attack at Set is, someone posted "superior". If true, how is it they are out? Haven't heard much about GC D being best in conference, let alone county. Set lost the big games on their schedule except one? With a superior attack and a great coach you would think they would still be playing. - 1 superior attackman on a team will not be able to carry team himself. 2 superior attackman should make a difference most of the time. 3 superior attackman on one team is extraordinarily rare and should be rolling along provided there is a good D and goaltender, which from what I understand they had. So is the coach great? Is it the attack's fault? Or could there be underlying issues that some of the other posts are indicating?

Saw the last quarter of the class B finals. Garden City won every faceoff in 4th quarter and controlled possession.The Manhasset offense never had any significant possession in the 4th quarter. Garden City went on an impressive 6-0 run. One of the Manhasset defensemen went down and left the game. Lost face-offs and defensive meltdown. Offense can't score without getting possession.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't you hear Syosset has to get past Port Wash. Don't you dare jump to the conclusion that they would play prequa for Nassau class A championship. Lol. Quick is a jerk. He and his MSG buddies are shills for StAnts, Chammy, GC, Set and Pequa. No offense they are all great programs but you would think according to these guys that Syo does not even exist.

Yikes, I agree, if anyone watches any of "Mr. Lax" guy, Syosset does not get mentioned in ANY of his playoff coverage ZERO not one word. He couldn't pick a lacrosse game if he knew the results ahead of time.

Oh but what about those calves?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Didn't you hear Syosset has to get past Port Wash. Don't you dare jump to the conclusion that they would play prequa for Nassau class A championship. Lol. Quick is a jerk. He and his MSG buddies are shills for StAnts, Chammy, GC, Set and Pequa. No offense they are all great programs but you would think according to these guys that Syo does not even exist.

Yikes, I agree, if anyone watches any of "Mr. Lax" guy, Syosset does not get mentioned in ANY of his playoff coverage ZERO not one word. He couldn't pick a lacrosse game if he knew the results ahead of time.

My guess is it's because of the parents..he knows how bad they are and is taking it out in the kids . Just because the parents are fools is no reason to do that. I'm sure most people on here would agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Didn't you hear Syosset has to get past Port Wash. Don't you dare jump to the conclusion that they would play prequa for Nassau class A championship. Lol. Quick is a jerk. He and his MSG buddies are shills for StAnts, Chammy, GC, Set and Pequa. No offense they are all great programs but you would think according to these guys that Syo does not even exist.

My guess is it's because of the parents..he knows how bad they are and is taking it out in the kids . Just because the parents are fools is no reason to do that. I'm sure most people on here would agree

If you watch this week he mentions being verbally assaulted by kids / parents last year for not picking them in some game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He graduated 65 years ago.

Ummmm ... Jim Brown. Where you been ????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Syo kid called mr lax out last year for being a tool and he promised the kids he would hold a grudge. Great journalist. He has proven the kid was right

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea. That's some media coverage. Their mom might get mad so I'm not gonna mention them. What a joke. Real media outlets and journalists cover tough subjects every day. War....crime ......Trump ....

Even when peoples mommies get mad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville malcontents, same result as last year. I hope the two or three parents who wanted Coach Doller removed are happy. My son was devastated as was his younger brother.

Yeah, I know move on. But removing Coach Doller was a decision made from ego and driven by animosity. My bet is we begin to slide from here.

With that negativity and attitude it's guaranteed !

How about first year cosch got to same place as last year. Great starting point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw the last quarter of the class B finals. Garden City won every faceoff in 4th quarter and controlled possession.The Manhasset offense never had any significant possession in the 4th quarter. Garden City went on an impressive 6-0 run. One of the Manhasset defensemen went down and left the game. Lost face-offs and defensive meltdown. Offense can't score without getting possession.
Can't disagree, but not having significant possessions in 4th is not an excuse. What did they do with the possessions they had? What did they do with the significant possessions they had in first 3 quarters? GC close D is that good? Haven't read much about them all season. The previous posts refer to how "great" the Set coach is. Someone indicated the GC coach made some adjustments in 4th. What, if any adjustments did Set coach make?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said and agreed . yet I heard Manhasset subversives are blaming their attack....AGAIN. funny how the attack is to blame when they ( and 1 great middy) are the only ones on the field producing. should we turn our attention to the coaching perhaps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if this is accurate why aren't the parents up in arms? Im not from there but sounds outrageous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Manhasset really throwing the attack under the bus??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think a kid was named just clearly defined. but if all that is true Holy WOW! and I thought my district was bad.

How many people really like their Sport Administration?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must have been that Syo embarrassed Mr. Lax 2 games in a row after his over the top praise for his favorite players on Pequa and more so on SE... How many times can we hear about ham and potatoes, or the dream one kid had about making the Suffolk game winner in OT and then Mr. Lax consoling the FOGO for meltdown in OT...

Mr. Lax makes it too personal. He should stick to on-the-field accomplishments and dispense with the nonsense.

Holding a grudge against a whole Team / Town a year later because of poor judgement by a few kids is unprofessional. The reality is that Mr. Lax is really Mr. Irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come Ward Melville isn't getting any love on tv, national polls or newsday polls--seem like a pretty darn good team to me. We'll see how good in a few more days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is great - no one denies that but hard to get national attention when you rarely leave Suffolk to play. Cham and [lacrosse] are both nice wins most years but unfortunately this year both of them are not as strong as normal. Lastly, 3 losses is nothing to be ashamed about but so many teams play hard schedules now and walk away with less losses ... again WM is great and if they beat Syo and Victor then they will be in the 10 ten for sure - good luck !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All good points.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mr. Lax runs an entertaining sports TV program. It is his opinion. If you don't like it or don't agree with him - change the channel. There is NO reason for a player or parent to berate the man in public in front of his family. If he chooses not to call a game because of the potential aftermath, it is his choice to do. Life will go on regardless of who is chosen to win and who actually wins. Stay Classy Long Island wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said and agreed . yet I heard Manhasset subversives are blaming their attack....AGAIN. funny how the attack is to blame when they ( and 1 great middy) are the only ones on the field producing. should we turn our attention to the coaching perhaps?

A team is leading 5-1 in 4th quarter and losses. That's on the coaches and the defense. You can't blame the offense for giving up 6 goals. Makes no sense in any sport!!! Credit Garden City coach for 2nd half game plan. He outcoached Manhasset. You can't blame offense for giving up a lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is great - no one denies that but hard to get national attention when you rarely leave Suffolk to play. Cham and [lacrosse] are both nice wins most years but unfortunately this year both of them are not as strong as normal. Lastly, 3 losses is nothing to be ashamed about but so many teams play hard schedules now and walk away with less losses ... again WM is great and if they beat Syo and Victor then they will be in the 10 ten for sure - good luck !!!!

1 Smithtown East New [lacrosse] - Se 17 98.09 14 3 0
2 Ward Melville New [lacrosse] - Se 20 97.91 16 3 0
3 Chaminade New [lacrosse] - Ca 18 97.86 11 7 0
4 Connetquot New [lacrosse] - Se 19 97.86 16 3 0
5 Westfield New Jersey NJ 20 97.76 11 9 0
6 Hill Academy Intersectiona 11 97.74 11 0 0
7 St Anthony's New [lacrosse] - Ca 16 97.69 14 2 0
8 Smithtown West New [lacrosse] - Se 18 97.65 12 6 0
9 Don Bosco Prep New Jersey NJ 18 97.61 7 11 0
10 St Augustine Prep New Jersey NJ 20 97.23 12 8 0
11 Delbarton New Jersey NJ 22 97.21 20 2 0
12 Ridge New Jersey NJ 17 97.19 10 7 0
13 Hunterdon Central New Jersey NJ 18 97.18 12 6 0
14 Loyola-Blakefield Maryland MIAA 16 97.10 9 7 0
15 Sachem North New [lacrosse] - Se 18 97.00 9 9 0
16 Penn Charter Pennsylvania 20 96.99 6 14 0
17 West Morris Central New Jersey NJ 25 96.99 19 5 0
18 Kinnelon New Jersey NJ 20 96.99 7 13 0
19 Northport New [lacrosse] - Se 17 96.96 7 10 0
20 Gilman Maryland MIAA 16 96.96 3 13 0
21 Bergen Catholic New Jersey NJ 22 96.94 15 7 0
22 West Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM will lose......Put a face on it Syosset!!! The players are just better and more consistent on Syosset, with the exception of one special Defender on WM. Victor is no joke and will probably take it all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Laxpower, WM strength of schedule is rated higher than McDonagh's SOS, McD is #1 school in the country. Why would it legitimize WM strength to win another game or two? WM beat every school with a SOS similar or better than their SOS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 West Islip

what the heck is this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 West Islip

Ok I give up. What exactly are we looking at ? Some sort of nerdy computer analysis I suspect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 West Islip

so what irrelevant data is this? these rankings are what? pre season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my guess is collective opponents SOS...based on someone or somethings initial input of the strength of the team at the beginning of the season... for whatever its worth...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 West Islip

Ok I give up. What exactly are we looking at ? Some sort of nerdy computer analysis I suspect.

pre season strength of schedule which amounts to squat after wins and losses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm its the National ranking for boys high school lacrosse? Not some "nerdy" computer analysis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset coaching is clearly favoring friends and family and side business all of which cost the "team" a state championship. It's time to stop the madness. we need change. Look at the stats : one excellent middy with all the production yet "productive changes" never made all season. Self promotion of friends and family must stop and administration must take action.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes unfortunately Manhasset looking to mask the real problem in Manhasset is looking to throw the attack under the bus. All to take focus off the real problem: middy nepotism... major issue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are correct and make a strong case for nepotism. surprising no one over in Manhasset has been discussing until this time. Looked up stats: one d1 committed strong middy accounts for meaningful points. Other middies on first line only producing against inferior production. coach made no changes.... Maybe Manhasset just has no other talented Middies? I doubt that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time for change in Manhasset leadership and poss new AD. Need a passionate coach to Shepard team to a state championship and truly support the team. Show the kids that hard work pays off. Instead of rewarding an "all county" title to players that didn't run in practice or work hard. Ridiculous and essentially stealing from other hard working boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow towns like Manhasset who have a claim on the county title each year and lose by 2 and this. Me thinks the future will be fine there. What about those districts that never have a claim on these things and that still goes on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry here is my yearly rant... Maybe some changes can take place at Turning Stone this year. Sorry if my request takes time away from your gambling! Which asks the question why would a NY State School/Educational organization like NYSPHSAA have a conference at a casino??? on The Tax payers dime!

Here's my rant...

Am I the only one who gets twisted when I see how the brackets get laid out for the NY State Championships.

Don't get me wrong I love that you have a Long Island Champ, but why not have that same opportunity also be for State champ. We are effectively giving participation slots out by playing/seeding the championships by geography.

Have a true Champions format having the weakest sects play the strongest. How can Ct and NJ do it. Not to sure How PA does it but they are just as big

Come on for Class B, Upstate 2 games in for the state playoff could be. Messina vs Dewitt, then Dewitt vs Vestal or Horsehead.

Meanwhile the LI teams play Sect 8 vs Sect 11 then most likely go to play Sect 1. In B at least there are 11 sections why are the top 4 playing each other the first 2 rounds!!!

The sectional games within Sect 8 or 11 would have be more competitive than the State games between sect 3/4/10.

Why not play in a ranking system. Highest plays lowest.

That's like asking Dewitt to Victor in the first round. EVERY FLUKING YEAR... Why not, they are neighboring sections!!! I am sure neither want that. But thats okay, have Sect 8 and 11 beat each other up to advance... to play what is another top 4 section in sect 1

Whats the issue, budgetary come on make a trip out of it. At the very least if travel time is a factor figure it out its not to hard. You are effectively giving teams a pass to the next round that wouldn't otherwise get out of round 1 in a true playoff format.

Why does Sect 1 get the pass of playing Sect 9. Why does Sect 3 get the pass and play sect 10.

Timm Slade
Ed Stores
Ben Nelson
John Rathbun
Carl Normandin
Karen Lopez
Wayne Bertrand
Greg Ransom
Jennifer Simmons
Nina Van Erk
Don Webster

Anyone look at how the state is winding out to be.

Changes have to be made you cant have the #1 and the #4th ranked team play each other now.

Should be:
SWR 11 vs Highland 9
JDW 3 vs Horsehead 4 (got this one right)
Ytown 1 vs Web Tom 5
Gc 8 vs Hamburg 6

Ranked as
SWR
JDW
Ytown
GC
Hamburg
Web Tom
Horsehead
Highland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 West Islip

pre season strength of schedule which amounts to squat after wins and losses

Not pre-season. It's the current rankings. Are you being treated for your ADHD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm its the National ranking for boys high school lacrosse? Not some "nerdy" computer analysis.

really? what year? I have not seen too many polls with Northport ranked ad Victor not ranked - please give source

Page 58 of 77 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard