BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2019/2020 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on with Dune Dawgs?

I am only asking these questions because there are some boys in my town interested in playing. These are boys/parents that did not understand the "urgency" of trying out back in Sept, and i want to help the parents (my friends) because I have been asked what they should do.

As i am sure i will get the good, the bad, the ugly, but that is ok. Brign it on. I'd rather that than the Roses id be given by organizers (and I understadn that).

Do they have a make up try out this Sunday or are they just looking for a middie.

Or both

they are looking for a middie for their "A" team (is that blue or green)

and the try out is for the "B" team (is that blue or green)

Also a post (on the tryout blog) stated they never planned on playing spring, yet they won Shamrock. Were they a late entry to that or was it planned?

I lso hear there are boys who played for DD in the winter and play on other teams in the spring summer. That being the case, if they wanted to play a game or two in Spring/summer (if their teams are not playing) will they take minutes away from these new boys.

Let me give you the facts, and you decide...

Havoc Dune Dawgs is an organization dedicated to the game of lacrosse and the players who play it.

They DO NOT utilize "parent" coaches as HEAD Coaches, EXCEPT when that coach has COLLEGE Coaching experience. I am not just talking about Mike Taylor, who has an extremely impressive resume in addition to being a Division II NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Coach. Coaching staff includes the players of Dowling Lacrosse, who are passionate and dedicated to teaching these players, and are about BOTH skill development and team cohesiveness.

This is NOT a "developmental" program as people have said. That said, they are COMMITTED to skill development. Without good skills, and constant refinement of skills, players become stagnant.

They are NOT about their own egos, they are about the players!

Currently The Havoc Dune Dawgs have 12 teams, Grades 3 - 11. Tryouts are in September, just like all the OTHER travel programs. Come down to the tryouts, you'll see what they're about. For tryouts they run an hour and a half clinic with players rotating through skill drills. They have the coaches evaluate the players. It's a very fair tryout.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can boys play on the DD for the Winter and another team fo rthe Summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. Just need to pay up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they have games or scrimmages at the tryouts? Is it only an hour and a half?
How much do they charge?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they can not. Access to Havoc Dune Dawgs team ONLY events require you joining a team. When they offer OPEN clinics then of course anyone can participate. As I suggested, if you want TRUE and ACCURATE information, contact them directly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. Just need to pay up.

Inaccurate information! Get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they can not. Access to Havoc Dune Dawgs team ONLY events require you joining a team. When they offer OPEN clinics then of course anyone can participate. As I suggested, if you want TRUE and ACCURATE information, contact them directly.

You seem to be very well informed about the inner workings of the organization so perhaps you can answer this for me. Who let the dogs out ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem to be very well informed about the inner workings of the organization so perhaps you can answer this for me. Who let the dogs out ?

Hahaha....First of all it's Who let the DAWGS out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol...we hear that a lot. If you really want to know more, talk to people who are experiencing the organization first hand.

What we love about having our son involved is direct access to the "owners", they are a great group and are very fast to respond to our needs or questions.

So far it has been great, my son is happy and we are too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ever talk to those not a part of it any more... but was with them at one time. every story has various endings depending on who is telling it. truth always lies somewhere inbetween

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ever talk to those not a part of it any more... but was with them at one time. every story has various endings depending on who is telling it. truth always lies somewhere inbetween

That's kind of impossible if tou're referring to Havoc Dune Dawgs. Thet're new this year. Two organizations merging, means NEW things not OLD.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You are correct, truth does lie somewhere in between. Between you and your child. I look at all these posts on here, 91, Express, and really just shake my head. At the end of the day people, get out in the yard with your child, practice on his or her weakness, practice on his or her strength, and just PRACTICE. Whatever team you are on will only enhance what your child brings to the table. I never feel comfortable bringing a child's ability into any of my posts; however, it just needs to be said to bring you parents back to earth.

You have to look at your child's abililty objectively, not as a parent. My boys play both basketball and lacrosse. As a parent I realize that their abilities in basketball just aren't there. Actually, one sons lacrosse skills aren't up to where they need to be as well. That's because he doesn't put the work in on his own. I told him he cannot expect to show up to the field and expect "IT" to happen without putting any work in on his own. I've coached both of my boys in travel basketball, and neither started. One actually asked me, "Am I starting?" I simply said to him, "Do you deserve to start?" My point is, even though they are my boys, for the good of the team, their time was limited. It had to be EARNED....

My point is people, realize your child's abilities, recognize their strengths and weakness, and work on them on your own. Whether that be a private lesson, group clinics, or you as a parent out in the yard with them. You cannot expect it to just happen because you paid, $1000 - $1,800 to be part of a team.

I read these posts, and I realize that most of you are living your youth through your children. Have realistic expectations and goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% wrong, that the truth only lies between you and your child, you are probably one of those dads that only took select kids to a tryout (and knew they would never make the team) and is never outside with your own son/s yet boasts about being a coach but in reality left the team/s behind because you dont like one thing or another.

You are also proably that coach/dad that insists your son drive through (not past) 3 defenders when there are 2 open players ahead of him or in the alley.

As a parent (consumer) you need to find out about these programs, these coaches, the people affilated with the program (past present and future) are/were like to make the best informed descion for your child and family.

And your are also incorrect to say whichever team your son is on will enhance his game, obviously you havent seen some of these teams!!! Not any team, just the right team with the right coaches for the child. I have seen some team that might set back a player or two!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder how many people read this thinking if it about them...

I can think of a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% wrong, that the truth only lies between you and your child, you are probably one of those dads that only took select kids to a tryout (and knew they would never make the team) and is never outside with your own son/s yet boasts about being a coach but in reality left the team/s behind because you dont like one thing or another.

You are also proably that coach/dad that insists your son drive through (not past) 3 defenders when there are 2 open players ahead of him or in the alley.

As a parent (consumer) you need to find out about these programs, these coaches, the people affilated with the program (past present and future) are/were like to make the best informed descion for your child and family.

And your are also incorrect to say whichever team your son is on will enhance his game, obviously you havent seen some of these teams!!! Not any team, just the right team with the right coaches for the child. I have seen some team that might set back a player or two!!

This response to the previous post is exactly what's wrong with youth lacrosse. The previous post was well written and made some great points. This response is immature and argumentative. Why not try to get your point across withoutsounding so ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's start with your last point. I should have stated that whatever team your son plays for SHOULD enhance their skill. Getting on here trying to figure it out is the wrong way. For the most part, you will only see negative stuff on here, or people with an agenda against an organization. As for watching other organizations, I wouldn't waste my time because I feel I'm with best coach/organization for my son. I would think you did your due diligence beforehand, and hopefully from an objective standpoint. Let me spell this out for you, "what is best for your child". Also, make sure your child is doing his part in an effort to help the team. I was part of one of the "best organizations" out there last year. I have nothing negative to say about them; however, in an effort to raise the level of my sons game I felt it necessary to move elsewhere in order to get him to that next level. I didn't come on here asking others for their thoughts. Once the summer ended, I sat back and did the due diligence on my own. You know your sons skills, strengths, and weakness. Find the appropriate coach/organization that will work on them.

As for your other points, you clearly didn't understand what I was saying. I will not spell those out for you. Read them again, hopefully your comprehension skills will kick in.

In my effort to raise my son's level of play, I have to cut this short. Getting on the road to MD for a tourney this weekend.

Have a great weekend my friend!!!!

I just realized I wasn't signed in. I'm laxdad#14 just to be clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14

You are correct, truth does lie somewhere in between. Between you and your child. I look at all these posts on here, 91, Express, and really just shake my head. At the end of the day people, get out in the yard with your child, practice on his or her weakness, practice on his or her strength, and just PRACTICE. Whatever team you are on will only enhance what your child brings to the table. I never feel comfortable bringing a child's ability into any of my posts; however, it just needs to be said to bring you parents back to earth.

You have to look at your child's abililty objectively, not as a parent. My boys play both basketball and lacrosse. As a parent I realize that their abilities in basketball just aren't there. Actually, one sons lacrosse skills aren't up to where they need to be as well. That's because he doesn't put the work in on his own. I told him he cannot expect to show up to the field and expect "IT" to happen without putting any work in on his own. I've coached both of my boys in travel basketball, and neither started. One actually asked me, "Am I starting?" I simply said to him, "Do you deserve to start?" My point is, even though they are my boys, for the good of the team, their time was limited. It had to be EARNED....

My point is people, realize your child's abilities, recognize their strengths and weakness, and work on them on your own. Whether that be a private lesson, group clinics, or you as a parent out in the yard with them. You cannot expect it to just happen because you paid, $1000 - $1,800 to be part of a team.

I read these posts, and I realize that most of you are living your youth through your children. Have realistic expectations and goals.

completely agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree complety with your points safe travels. Sometimes take things to literal, because I have met to many people who have made it that way. Good luck this weekend.

Wasnt attacking you personally but those that preach and do not lift a finger. You know there are many out there.

I do enjoy and respect your posts. thank you.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree complety with your points safe travels. Sometimes take things to literal, because I have met to many people who have made it that way. Good luck this weekend.

Wasnt attacking you personally but those that preach and do not lift a finger. You know there are many out there.

I do enjoy and respect your posts. thank you.

NP.....Good luck to you and your son's team.....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Good idea! Does Stony Brook have an affiliation with any of the teams listed in the "top 5"? I just assumed all the top teams in the 2019 bracket would get into the Stony Brook Lax Clash. Think about it. It's the last tournament of the year. Every team would have had the whole summer to travel and play against competition from the other hotbed areas. Assuming that each team should be reaching their max potentional for the season, it should have been a no brainer for all organizations to enter. I just checked the website, and it seems one or two of the "top" programs didn't register. This could have really been the tournament of the year for the "top" Long Island teams.....Any thoughts???

As a prior post noted on one of these blogs.

Local Colleges withcommunity affairs - with no affiliation to Express, 91, Gladiators etc. (sorry SB or Hofstra no affiliations)

Please set up a tourny (or 2) and reap the benefits of the profits so noone can say one is squewing the schedule. This way we find out who is best of class!

I am sure all of your schedules have space for this!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only issue is which team will your two best players play for

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's not an issue with me. They are very good players and they like to play their grade as well as the fifth grade. They did it in the shamrock as well. It didn't affect us one bit. It shouldn't be an issue with you. Might actually be better for you since you put it that way. I was not trying to be sarcastic, but it just seems that we really deal with some ignorant people up here. Never a quality discussion....
The only issue is which team will your two best players play for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHICH 2 PLAYERS ARE YOU REFERRING TOO. THERE ARE ALOT OF PLYERS ON THE TEAM THAT ARE JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE OTHER

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree!!!!
WHICH 2 PLAYERS ARE YOU REFERRING TOO. THERE ARE ALOT OF PLYERS ON THE TEAM THAT ARE JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE OTHER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello who's affiliated with stony brook. Come on, you know, and if you don't you do not know much bout the 19/20 group

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I understand he is affiliated with the girls. Keep in mind he is 2020, I'm talking about 2019. Not concerned about 2020. This post started with a discussion about the 2019 teams playing one another.

Hello who's affiliated with stony brook. Come on, you know, and if you don't you do not know much bout the 19/20 group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being that you are only allowed to play on one roster per tournament which team will they play for??? If they chose 91, then will you still want to play those other four teams???

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's what competition is about, correct? With or without full rosters, I wouldn't have a problem playing any of those four other teams..... Where I come from, you play with whatever you have. No running or ducking from anyone. Just like, no anonymous tags on here. As I've always said, man up!!!! If you lose, you lose! Keep in mind, my suggestions were only to satisfy some of the others up here posting about how the teams were ranked. I will never boast or brag about the team my son plays for. I just thought it would be great for all the top programs to play in this tournament. End of the season, everyone should be at the top of their games. From the looks of the way the DD's, 91, and Express have played in their respective tournaments, it seems that the best competition is right here on the Island for this class.

Being that you are only allowed to play on one roster per tournament which team will they play for??? If they chose 91, then will you still want to play those other four teams???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually he is a 2022 lol.. Pretty pretty good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any info on this 3rd grade team from Franklin Square I have been seeing them everywhere ? Where is Franklin Square ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the schedule for Stony Brook Lax Clash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 5th going into 6th grade Gladiators team playing in Stony Brook. They looked good, but was told that the coaches had a falling out and there will not be a Gladiator team for this grade next year. It is a shame because my son was considering trying out for them. Can anyone verify if this is true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 5th going into 6th grade Gladiators team playing in Stony Brook. They looked good, but was told that the coaches had a falling out and there will not be a Gladiator team for this grade next year. It is a shame because my son was considering trying out for them. Can anyone verify if this is true?

Follow our website gladiatorslacrosse.com or use the link on the side bar here this website. Information will be coming out in a few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have been checking the website and there is no information. Tryouts are almost here and everyone has advertised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody know when havoc dune dogs tryouts are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
365 LAX - Save your money and time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
365 LAX - Save your money and time.

I'm guessing you didnt have a good experince? Correct?
can you give us a little more color on 365 lax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiator coaches had a falling out because of the head coach. The entire team left! What does that tell you? He causes problems everywhere he goes. He has never even played lacrosse. He puts on a good front but everyone figures him after they commit and hand over their money. He will lie and cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I was part of that team and it was a better experience once the two so-called assistant coaches quit on the boys in mid season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No matter how you feel about the team and the coaching, please have some dignity and class and stop the personal attacks. Show your bad or good feelings about the team by staying with the program or moving on.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard