06/01/16 08:10 PM
06/01/16 08:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know every word or action your kid says and does 24/7? If so you're the first parent ever who has. You cannot expect a coach to be able to do the same. Kids make bad decisions. It happens. Maybe for some it was their first time. Maybe Not. Point is the kids are paying the price, their teammates stepped up and did something commendable and unexpected. Maybe the coaches or "administrators" deserve some credit for guiding the 35 other kids to a county championship instead of you on here bashing them for something that has probably happened on every other team on Long Island, but either not caught or disciplined for. Enough of the GC bashing.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167921
06/01/16 08:18 PM
06/01/16 08:18 PM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
So it was the rest of the teams fault for what happened...GC did overcome adversity. 5 kids get kicked off the team..2 being captains and having a former player die....yeah you know what you are talking abt...keep chirping you have NO clue. Go enjoy ur trips down to MD with your red cups.

Looks like Garden City needs to focus more on "Just Say No" and less on overcoming self inflicted adversity. Interesting that the kids were Captains, maybe that shows poor leadership both among the kids and the administrators.

It also shows poor judgement of character by the GC coaches on who should be captain.

I was including coaches as administrators, but it does show bad judgement all around. Even if they keep winning, it will all ring hollow.

Why? Are you expecting a coach to know everything about a player? All a coach knows is what he sees on the field and in the school. Why so much dislike for GC? They handled the situation and came out on top. Thats pretty good.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: America's Game] #167927
06/01/16 09:06 PM
06/01/16 09:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by America's Game
So it was the rest of the teams fault for what happened...GC did overcome adversity. 5 kids get kicked off the team..2 being captains and having a former player die....yeah you know what you are talking abt...keep chirping you have NO clue. Go enjoy ur trips down to MD with your red cups.

Looks like Garden City needs to focus more on "Just Say No" and less on overcoming self inflicted adversity. Interesting that the kids were Captains, maybe that shows poor leadership both among the kids and the administrators.

It also shows poor judgement of character by the GC coaches on who should be captain.

I was including coaches as administrators, but it does show bad judgement all around. Even if they keep winning, it will all ring hollow.

Why? Are you expecting a coach to know everything about a player? All a coach knows is what he sees on the field and in the school. Why so much dislike for GC? They handled the situation and came out on top. Thats pretty good.

He is a bitter guy, his son's team got waxed by the GC kids, and now the only way to make himself feel better is to get on BOTC and rip on a bunch of 15, 16, 17 & 18 year old kids who are learning life lessons. He's the perfect kid who developed into the perfect man, and now he comes on a lacrosse website and writes nonsense, anonymously by the way, because he feels he is so superior.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167946
06/02/16 12:31 AM
06/02/16 12:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ward Melville 13-5 over Connetquot for Suffolk A Championship

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167947
06/02/16 12:36 AM
06/02/16 12:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Melville cleans up on connetquot, should be a good lic saturday

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167950
06/02/16 05:53 AM
06/02/16 05:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I applaud what the coaches did with the other kids on the team. Getting kids ready to play and having them fill in and be successful only says good things about the coach. He has others kids that he developed instead of keeping them on the sidelines like other coaches do. Looks like they have more then 14 or 15 kids that can play unlike other schools. If you've been ready you know what I mean. Good job coach. There goes the answer for farminhdale. You can win with more players that can play. Don't want to hear schools have no depth.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167953
06/02/16 07:00 AM
06/02/16 07:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

says a lot when a team can remove 5 of the top players and still win. Good for that team. I cant believe this non-sense. The only people who need take responsibility for these kids. Who are all minors are there parents. not the coach, not the GC admin. Just the parents. The kids made a mistake and now have paid for it. This could happen at any school at any time. Drugs are all over and in every school.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167958
06/02/16 07:30 AM
06/02/16 07:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm no fan of Syosset (the parents I should say) but they really did seperate themselves from the rest Tuesday. Highly doubt they would split games with CSH. Sure CSH could steal one or two but you can't fairly compare them. Not to take anything away from CSH but there is little comparison.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167961
06/02/16 08:21 AM
06/02/16 08:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM a top notch team. They deserved to win. Quot had parents yelling to take kids off the field. They have talent - wish they had the coaching.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167965
06/02/16 09:03 AM
06/02/16 09:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I applaud what the coaches did with the other kids on the team. Getting kids ready to play and having them fill in and be successful only says good things about the coach. He has others kids that he developed instead of keeping them on the sidelines like other coaches do. Looks like they have more then 14 or 15 kids that can play unlike other schools. If you've been ready you know what I mean. Good job coach. There goes the answer for farminhdale. You can win with more players that can play. Don't want to hear schools have no depth.

Give it up already. Your son isn't good enough. I know you like to blame the coach for not "developing" your son. What if the others ahead of him just "developed" more? Deal with it

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167966
06/02/16 09:05 AM
06/02/16 09:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a CSH Dad, not Mom, and I love my pastels and there was nothing pompous about my post, I was responding to a pompous post from a typical Syo parent...don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you'll fall through your a$$.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167969
06/02/16 09:07 AM
06/02/16 09:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

take who off field? the starters?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167970
06/02/16 09:09 AM
06/02/16 09:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny. Wel the head to head results say otherwise. They separated themselves from Massapequa, that's it. I imagine Ward Melville will be separating themselves from Syosset come this weekend... YOu got your "A" title, but couldn't win the "C" title...too funny. Go Patriots.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167974
06/02/16 09:25 AM
06/02/16 09:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM a top notch team. They deserved to win. Quot had parents yelling to take kids off the field. They have talent - wish they had the coaching.

Quot team parents-

Like all teams losing a game, some parents get frustrated and perhaps say things in the heat of the moment they wouldn't otherwise say. For the most part, quot parents were well behaved (as were WM parents), but there is always one or two (on every team) that yell and scream that the refs are making bad calls, this kid or that kids isn't hustling, the other team is cheating, put my son in, coaching from the bleachers...

we have all seen this behavior 100dreds of times throughout the course of our boys playing this great game since PAL. Forget it and move on.

Hats off to Quot for a great season, hats off to WM likewise.

Up next WM v SYO for LIC. Let's just hope for a good competitive game with well behaved parents.

---let's try and avoid the red cups in the parking lot and enjoy the moment on the biggest stage that most of these boys will ever see. Don't spoil it with loud mouth crude behavior because you had one too many in the parking lot before the game.

signed-

Proud, respectful, WM parent

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167985
06/02/16 09:52 AM
06/02/16 09:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a CSH Dad, not Mom, and I love my pastels and there was nothing pompous about my post, I was responding to a pompous post from a typical Syo parent...don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you'll fall through your a$$.

Syo Dad here - CSH and Syo are very evenly matched teams both on the field (one goal game) and a few obnoxious parents off the field - yes CSH won the regular season game (as did LV against CSH) and I do not doubt that if they played 10 times it would be 5 - 5 but now IMHO there really should be no more conversation about SYO v CSH - it is Nassau V Suffolk and I will be rooting just as hard for CSH and GC as I will be for the Braves - lets go 3-0 in the LIC #516rules

Page 150 of 205 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 204 205