BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 46 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
10-2. Once BBP's stud went out, the rest proved to be role players. They were not strong enough to carry the team when the defense didn't have to focus on their best player. Also, AB is a very good coach and had his girls ready. You really saw how much BBP depended on its star and how much she helped the rest of the girls.

What kind of trouble are you trying to start w this nonsense . That said I enjoyed the chant by a few of the Sinai fans when the stud fouled out , can't say the BBP fans have not brought that on themselves . The best part of the first two games is that it high lighted what a joke the girls game has become . Both BBP and Sinai are so blatant with the grab your head nonsense , flop to the ground it's disgusting . Then to watch the big stud from ESM throw her hair everytime someone gets near her it's an embarrassment . Go watch that 2nd game on MSG and watch the nonsense .

I don't think anyone is starting trouble, just stating obvious facts. Bayport has many decent girls, but only one elite player. When she left the game, that became incredibly plain for everyone to see.

I think you must have mental issues . Do you have any idea what a fact is? 10-2 is just nonsense along with the rest of your statement

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-2. Once BBP's stud went out, the rest proved to be role players. They were not strong enough to carry the team when the defense didn't have to focus on their best player. Also, AB is a very good coach and had his girls ready. You really saw how much BBP depended on its star and how much she helped the rest of the girls.

What kind of trouble are you trying to start w this nonsense . That said I enjoyed the chant by a few of the Sinai fans when the stud fouled out , can't say the BBP fans have not brought that on themselves . The best part of the first two games is that it high lighted what a joke the girls game has become . Both BBP and Sinai are so blatant with the grab your head nonsense , flop to the ground it's disgusting . Then to watch the big stud from ESM throw her hair everytime someone gets near her it's an embarrassment . Go watch that 2nd game on MSG and watch the nonsense .

I don't think anyone is starting trouble, just stating obvious facts. Bayport has many decent girls, but only one elite player. When she left the game, that became incredibly plain for everyone to see.

I think you must have mental issues . Do you have any idea what a fact is? 10-2 is just nonsense along with the rest of your statement

The poster's score may have been way off, but the rest of the statement appears spot-on. Clearly one girl was carrying that team, either by goals or just demanding doubles and defensive game plans. It seems like many girls were made to look much better by her presence on the team. I guess we'll see next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster's score may have been way off, but the rest of the statement appears spot-on. Clearly one girl was carrying that team, either by goals or just demanding doubles and defensive game plans. It seems like many girls were made to look much better by her presence on the team. I guess we'll see next year.

Don't agree, BBP is reasonably balanced. Yes they have their rock star who is in a class of her own, but they have a solid supporting cast. You don't have that kind of year they had all on the back of one player. For they same reason I am not surprised at the W Bab score yesterday. Although WB somehow had a better year this year on the back of one stud compared to a bad year last year on the back of two studs. I guess you never can tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

The order might have been a little off but other than that pretty accurate.

Great job West Islip!

I think coaching puts WI over the top. As stated above:
**"Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win."**

Good Luck the rest of the way, bring home another State Championship.

What will next year bring? Who will compete? Will the same teams be there in the end? does anyone lose too much to graduation?

2017 outlook

West Islip - Coaching will have them ready to compete.

Smithtown West - Will be hungry and should be there at the end.

Middle Country - Coaching staff will have to get players to believe they can win in the playoffs.

Northport - Hate all you want but they will be in the mix.

Ward Melville - Coaching, or lack thereof is an issue.

Smithtown East - Should improve. Can coaching get them over the hump?

Good bet the same teams will be in the final four. Will there be any surprises?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look through the newsday photos from ESM west Babylon game and tell me again how the ESM girl flops her head. Three or four blatant pics of wb with their sticks to ESM heads and even around their neck. You use the word disgusting-pretty funny. They handled the wb dirty hits just fine and were great sports on top of it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look through the newsday photos from ESM west Babylon game and tell me again how the ESM girl flops her head. Three or four blatant pics of wb with their sticks to ESM heads and even around their neck. You use the word disgusting-pretty funny. They handled the wb dirty hits just fine and were great sports on top of it.

I am a West Babylon parent and I noticed the same thing looking through the photos. None of our defenders played dirty, they just don't move their feet well which leads to leading with their sticks. Plenty of arms extended where their feet needed to be moving. On the biggest stage, our most glaring weakness was exposed. Defense was an issue all season. ESM played a great game and did what they needed to do. They are defending state champs for a reason. I wish them well on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a West Babylon parent and I noticed the same thing looking through the photos. None of our defenders played dirty, they just don't move their feet well which leads to leading with their sticks. Plenty of arms extended where their feet needed to be moving. On the biggest stage, our most glaring weakness was exposed. Defense was an issue all season. ESM played a great game and did what they needed to do. They are defending state champs for a reason. I wish them well on Sunday.
too bad ESM lost that Summit game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coaching?? How about a yellow card with 3 min left against SW. Th Also 2 failed clears in the same time by west. Had nothing to do with your coach. Both teams played great, your best player was the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch the game film you will see it multiple times. ESM lucky to be playing in B and they know it. They have little to no chance in LI championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the Summit game have to do with anything?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once BBP's stud went out, the rest proved to be role players. They were not strong enough to carry the team when the defense didn't have to focus on their best player. Also, AB is a very good coach and had his girls ready. You really saw how much BBP depended on its star and how much she helped the rest of the girls.

Don't agree, BBP is reasonably balanced. Yes they have their rock star who is in a class of her own, but they have a solid supporting cast. You don't have that kind of year they had all on the back of one player. For they same reason I am not surprised at the W Bab score yesterday. Although WB somehow had a better year this year on the back of one stud compared to a bad year last year on the back of two studs. I guess you never can tell.

Top teams have star players and opposing coaches game plan for the stars. The focus of their top defender(s) are on that individual. When your best defenders no longer have that responsibility and can focus on the other players, the game gets difficult for the offense. BBP didn't have any players that were strong enough to overcome that. They are a supporting cast, agreed. They needed another skill player to step up and they didn't have one. Not saying they're not a great team, they are. The record shows that. But this loss made clear how much of a difference a single player can make. We'll see who steps up next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch the game film you will see it multiple times. ESM lucky to be playing in B and they know it. They have little to no chance in LI championship game.

With or without another LIC this year they accomplished what no one thought they ever could or would. A great bunch of girls who played a great game and will take it as far as they can. It's great to be the underdog. People like you when they lose will post "I told you so". And if they win will post "they don't play a clean game". these girls have a lot to be proud of. GC or Manhasset moves on you
Can bet those ESM players will congratulate them and wish them luck upstate because Nassau or Suffolk , we are all Long Islanders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They just won their fourth county title in five trips to county championship - that's not luck

You may not like the town for whatever reason but dont minimize what they've accomplished

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once BBP's stud went out, the rest proved to be role players. They were not strong enough to carry the team when the defense didn't have to focus on their best player. Also, AB is a very good coach and had his girls ready. You really saw how much BBP depended on its star and how much she helped the rest of the girls.

Top teams have star players and opposing coaches game plan for the stars. The focus of their top defender(s) are on that individual. When your best defenders no longer have that responsibility and can focus on the other players, the game gets difficult for the offense. BBP didn't have any players that were strong enough to overcome that. They are a supporting cast, agreed. They needed another skill player to step up and they didn't have one. Not saying they're not a great team, they are. The record shows that. But this loss made clear how much of a difference a single player can make. We'll see who steps up next season.

That's just ridiculous and ignorant, they were losing by 1 when the player fouled out with about 6 minutes left with her team losing by 1 at 5-4. Each team proceeded to score 1 more goal each. In actuality they played better when she fouled out of the game.( do I believe they are a better team without her, no.) Have they won games convincingly with out her, yes. The kid is outstanding between the 30's, second to none, is she the best offensive player , not even close. They scored 4 goals with her in 44 minutes and 1 without her in 6 . Mount Sinai was the better team that day.I saw nothing that showed they treated that player different than any other ie faceguard etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"With or without another LIC this year they accomplished what no one thought they ever could or would. A great bunch of girls who played a great game and will take it as far as they can. It's great to be the underdog. People like you when they lose will post "I told you so". And if they win will post "they don't play a clean game". these girls have a lot to be proud of. GC or Manhasset moves on you
Can bet those ESM players will congratulate them and wish them luck upstate because Nassau or Suffolk , we are all Long Islanders"

What are you talking about, they were the 1 seed and just about everyone thought they would win an easy B division even after losing to all 4 C teams they played this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coaching?? How about a yellow card with 3 min left against SW. Th Also 2 failed clears in the same time by west. Had nothing to do with your coach. Both teams played great, your best player was the difference.

West Islip got their own share of yellow cards so I don't know what that has to do with anything. And yes on some level coaching has everything to do with the win. These coaches treat these girls as an extension of their own families and these girls want to minute not just for themselves but for him as well What size of has quite a few players that can put points on the board not just one or two and they have several players that can collect the ground balls and get a plan in motion so that was a team w what size of has quite a few players that can put points on the board not just one or two and they have several players that can collect the ground balls and get a plan in motion so that was a team win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, i cant understand half of that resume, i think your saying only your coach can have the girls want to win for him. I think the West girls wanted to win for themselves but also there coach also. You guys won by nine last time out, so any coaching affecting the outcome of this game was made by West. Good luck the rest of the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, i cant understand half of that resume, i think your saying only your coach can have the girls want to win for him. I think the West girls wanted to win for themselves but also there coach also. You guys won by nine last time out, so any coaching affecting the outcome of this game was made by West. Good luck the rest of the way.

No doubt SW played a great game! Everyone knew this game was going to be a battle. Game could have gone either way. The WI all American put the team on her back in the last 4 minutes and the WI goalie made 3 point blank saves down the stretch to keep the game in reach. I know both teams fans in the stands were nervous. Great game unfortunately someone had to lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you can place blame on the coach, who went 17-0 with the same starting line up. Goes into county championship game and changes lineup. If it's not broken don't try and fix it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you can place blame on the coach, who went 17-0 with the same starting line up. Goes into county championship game and changes lineup. If it's not broken don't try and fix it.

Is this a BBP parent? How else could you know about changes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Great" Newsday coverage class a barely got a paragraph . If there was another LI paper to buy I'd cancel my subscription tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is ESM in B
data.nysed.gov has their enrollment of HS
1,259 '15-'18
or
1245 '16-'19

broken down by grade. even included last years just in case they go off a past years counts..

322 2015
318 2016
311 2017
308 2018
294 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
girls lacrosse has been lacking all year in paper. This was the way worse then previous years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is ESM in B
data.nysed.gov has their enrollment of HS
1,259 '15-'18
or
1245 '16-'19

broken down by grade. even included last years just in case they go off a past years counts..

322 2015
318 2016
311 2017
308 2018
294 2019

Only grades 9-11 are used. Not 4 years worth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The numbers are on Section XI website
Broken down by division for next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were the refs wearing GC uniforms, sure seemed like it. worst reffed game I've seen in a long time. they changed the outcome of the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were the refs wearing GC uniforms, sure seemed like it. worst reffed game I've seen in a long time. they changed the outcome of the game

Blah blah blah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The numbers are on Section XI website
Broken down by division for next year

You have a link?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

The order might have been a little off but other than that pretty accurate.

Great job West Islip!

**"Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win."**

What will next year bring? Who will compete? Will the same teams be there in the end? does anyone lose too much to graduation?

2017 outlook

Middle Country - Coaching staff will have to get players to believe they can win in the playoffs.

What's your beef with Smithtown East and Ward Melville coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job West Islip!

2017 outlook

[/quote]

West Islip graduates 8 starters so they will be very young.

Not sure about the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does this breakdown work when they have Centereach and Newfield listed separately in Conference 2? They combine to make Middle Country which would put the enrollment near the top of conference 1. Will they be forced to play as separate teams?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Long Island Championships starts are at Stony Brook this Sunday. Great day of lacrosse! Let's hope the weather holds out!

Class A 12:00 West Islip vs Massapequa
Class B 2:30 East Port/South Manor vs Garden City
Class C 5:00 Mt Sinai vs Cold Spring Harbor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Long Island Championships starts are at Stony Brook this Sunday. Great day of lacrosse! Let's hope the weather holds out!

Class A 12:00 West Islip vs Massapequa
Class B 2:30 East Port/South Manor vs Garden City
Class C 5:00 Mt Sinai vs Cold Spring Harbor

class A easy win for WI
class B easy win for GC
class C easy win for CSH

you heard it here first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does this breakdown work when they have Centereach and Newfield listed separately in Conference 2? They combine to make Middle Country which would put the enrollment near the top of conference 1. Will they be forced to play as separate teams?

this is the link for classifications for girls lacrosse next year

http://www.nysphsaa.org/Classifications

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the enrollment #'s for 2016-17 just have to take out the schools that do not field teams for lax.

11 Brentwood High School 4451
11 William Floyd High School 2043
11 Longwood High School 2014
11 Patchogue-Medford High School 1865
11 Ward Melville Senior High School 1786
11 Sachem High School East 1767
11 Commack High School 1710
11 Sachem High School North 1690
11 Lindenhurst Senior High School 1539
11 Central Islip Senior High School 1537
11 Connetquot High School 1515
11 Northport Senior High School 1473
11 Bay Shore Senior High School 1469
11 Walt Whitman High School 1436
11 Half Hollow Hills High School East 1369
11 Riverhead Senior High School 1272
11 Smithtown High School-West 1238
11 Smithtown High School East 1224
11 Walter G O'Connell Copiague High School 1200
11 Newfield High School 1180
11 Centereach High School 1120
11 North Babylon High School 1114
11 West Islip Senior High School 1114
11 Huntington High School 1087
11 Deer Park High School 989
11 Bellport Senior High School 976
11 Half Hollow Hills High School West 971
11 West Babylon Senior High School 944
11 Kings Park High School 933
11 East Islip High School 930
11 Eastport-South Manor Junior Senior High School 928
11 Hauppauge High School 912
11 Comsewogue High School 878
11 Harborfields High School 837
11 Rocky Point High School 794
11 Westhampton Beach Senior High School 741
11 Sayville High School 736
11 Amityville Memorial High School 716
11 Islip High School 703
11 Miller Place High School 668
11 East Hampton High School 660
11 Shoreham-Wading River High School 615
11 Mount Sinai High School 599
11 Elwood/John Glenn High School 581
11 Bayport-Blue Point High School 565
11 Hampton Bays High School 500
11 Wyandanch Memorial High School 485
11 Southampton High School 480
11 Center Moriches High School 433
11 Babylon Junior-Senior High School 396
11 Mattituck Junior-Senior High School 371
11 Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School 282
11 Earl L Vandermeulen High School 279
11 Ross School 249 11 Stony Brook School (The) 226
11 Southold Junior-Senior High School 213
11 Pierson Middle/High School 202
11 Greenport High School 190
11 Smithtown Christian School 126
11 Shelter Island School 65
11 Bridgehampton School 50

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that the CHSAA League has no such classification based on student population -- so a 800 SHA has to face a 2,600+ St. Anthony's and a 2,300+ Kellenberg. Even if you assume 50% are girls it still is pretty lopsided.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016-2017 Class A for Girls Lacrosse

Here are the enrollment #'s for 2016-17 just have to take out the schools that do not field teams for lax.

11 Brentwood High School 4451
11 William Floyd High School 2043
11 Longwood High School 2014
11 Patchogue-Medford High School 1865
11 Ward Melville Senior High School 1786
11 Sachem High School East 1767
11 Commack High School 1710
11 Sachem High School North 1690
11 Lindenhurst Senior High School 1539
11 Central Islip Senior High School 1537 **does not play**
11 Connetquot High School 1515
11 Northport Senior High School 1473