BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we are losing track of the argument here. Your assertion that the schools that ER have not been successful just simply doesnt have any merit, but that is a completely separate argument than whether or not these schools are getting all the best kids. Again the talent pool is so vast and expanded now, youre starting to see the parity youre seeing. The statement that JHU should win with their 3rd line is asinine and they deserved to be in the tourney and yes they did get their doors blown in by Brown. Brown is a perfect example of superior coaching BTW. Lars Tiffany took some very talented players and implemented a system that fit their skillsets the best and hes run with it all year. This is direct contrast to Breschi and Starsia. Breschi and Starsia have had the talent, but havent figured out how to implement a style that fits those kids the best. Oh and Lyle Thompson is a sick athlete, he can dunk a basketball and runs like a deer plus all the attributes you mentioned. I dont know what your stake in this is, but I can tell you my son was not an ER, and I dont necessarily agree with the practice but I dont think we can say with any degree of certainty what effect if any it has had at the college level

The point is, if you allow yourself to see it is: These school do not have the talent they thought they had. Plain and simple.
The reason the best College Basketball teams are consistently at the top is because they continue to get the BEST kids. You could resurrect John Wooden, have him Coach at NYU, guess what they're NEVER winning a National Championship. Without the best players, all the Coaching in the world won't matter.
In Lacrosse we ARE definitely seeing the effects of ER, combined with the recruitment of holdbacks and double holdbacks. Many of these holdback ARE the early recruits. A great majority have been going to 4 or 5 schools for the last 4 or 5 years. It is not paying off. Schools that waited a bit longer, have kids that are just as good if not better than those ER kids. Lastly, from what I see, Brown has a great fogo that gets the ball to an insane attack line. Molloy dodges from behind. He either blows by his man or the double and scores, if that doesn't work he feeds. How in the world did Tiffany ever come up with that ground breaking system??? If Molloy can't play today or plays and isn't 100%, and Brown still wins, I'll tip my cap to Tiffany.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think we are losing track of the argument here. Your assertion that the schools that ER have not been successful just simply doesnt have any merit, but that is a completely separate argument than whether or not these schools are getting all the best kids. Again the talent pool is so vast and expanded now, youre starting to see the parity youre seeing. The statement that JHU should win with their 3rd line is asinine and they deserved to be in the tourney and yes they did get their doors blown in by Brown. Brown is a perfect example of superior coaching BTW. Lars Tiffany took some very talented players and implemented a system that fit their skillsets the best and hes run with it all year. This is direct contrast to Breschi and Starsia. Breschi and Starsia have had the talent, but havent figured out how to implement a style that fits those kids the best. Oh and Lyle Thompson is a sick athlete, he can dunk a basketball and runs like a deer plus all the attributes you mentioned. I dont know what your stake in this is, but I can tell you my son was not an ER, and I dont necessarily agree with the practice but I dont think we can say with any degree of certainty what effect if any it has had at the college level

The point is, if you allow yourself to see it is: These school do not have the talent they thought they had. Plain and simple.
The reason the best College Basketball teams are consistently at the top is because they continue to get the BEST kids. You could resurrect John Wooden, have him Coach at NYU, guess what they're NEVER winning a National Championship. Without the best players, all the Coaching in the world won't matter.
In Lacrosse we ARE definitely seeing the effects of ER, combined with the recruitment of holdbacks and double holdbacks. Many of these holdback ARE the early recruits. A great majority have been going to 4 or 5 schools for the last 4 or 5 years. It is not paying off. Schools that waited a bit longer, have kids that are just as good if not better than those ER kids. Lastly, from what I see, Brown has a great fogo that gets the ball to an insane attack line. Molloy dodges from behind. He either blows by his man or the double and scores, if that doesn't work he feeds. How in the world did Tiffany ever come up with that ground breaking system??? If Molloy can't play today or plays and isn't 100%, and Brown still wins, I'll tip my cap to Tiffany.

As for Brown, youre only seeing part of what they do. Everything they do is uptempo and fast. Their poles stay on the field and play offense and rarely do you see them settle into a 6 v 6 offense. Larken Kemp their LSM was just voted an AA, there is no way that kid is an AA in the ACC. Tiffany put that kid in the perfect system for him to succeed. Yes the FOGO is very good and gets them possessions, but again without the system they play they would settle into a 6v6 offense and play just like everyone else. They did beat Navy without Molloy and Navy is a pretty dam good defensive team. Nobody said what Tiffany is doing is groundbreaking, he is just simply putting his kids in the best positions for them to be successful which is what a good coach does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you see the game online?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the game is on now watch Espn or Espn 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, a ten goal lead with 6mins left in the 1st half. Nor sure if the shot clock means anything. Almost counter sportsman like. Empty the bench and live for Monday!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sub now save the legs, ...it is like Africa hot!

User
User
How can you see the game online?

WatchESPN app on your iPhone or Roku. It's also on ESPN 2. Optimum ch35.

Back of the Cage
User
User
Oh boy!! Loyola mounting a comeback.......

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Oh boy!! Loyola mounting a comeback.......

those 2 horrible calls in the 1st qtr are coming back to bite Loyola.

#7 has played well but takes to many plays off. at 3:30 left in the game you don't loaf around on the ride. great game to tell young attack players to watch. NEVER TAKE A PLAY OFF!!!!

fun game to watch if you were a UNC fan.

User
User
Did the officials want Maryland to win? Good Lord what a horrendous job on a National stage!!!!!
Brown nearly pulled it off despite the officials.

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the officials want Maryland to win? Good Lord what a horrendous job on a National stage!!!!!

That trip couldn't be more obvious, and ref was looking right at it! Stopped a fast break. Just awful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That trip couldn't be more obvious, and ref was looking right at it! Stopped a fast break. Just awful

There was one on brown later on in the game though that wasn't called. Browns 24 turnovers certainly didn't help at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Maryland-UNC final....... Im not sure but Ive heard that both of those schools early recruit. Crazy that they are both in the final, who saw that coming?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not jump on the bandwagon ... The ER don't even play a role in these teams yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all wave good bye to UVA, Duke, Hop and very shortly UNC. You heard it here, earlier in the year. You had folks saying "they'll all be in the final four". Truth be told, Hop didn't even belong in the tournament, they are simply a .500 lacrosse team. The biggest offenders of recruiting holdbacks and double holds as well as 14 year olds are all on the tournament scrap heap. UNC with all it's "top" recruits (not) could barley get by a team that's only been around for 4 years. Don't know for sure, but I'm sure MU didn't have any Inside Lacrosse ranked or Ty X ranked kids on the team. Yet somehow they nearly knocked off a team loaded with kids who were committed to UNC before MU even had a D1 program!!! A total and utter affirmation of the ill's of ER recruiting and Holdbacks. These kids are not panning out for the most part, true some are, but most aren't. The best 8th graders are not the best college players, now a fact. Kids who excel at playing down one two to years cannot compete at the next level. Proven fact. Not sure why these coaches continue to recruit from this pool, its just not working out for the most part. Quite frankly, I'm loving it. Only wish MU got rid of UNC, pretty sure that happens next week. It's great for the sport! Go, Brown, Loyola, Towson and Yale!

You think the teams the ER aren't left? Just silly.

Silly??? The only ER left is MD, they haven't won anything in decades... 3 or 4 of their top players are transfers. Most all of the other teams have been much later recruiters until very recently.

Silly.

Don't worry, MD goes back on the scrap heap next week. Cuse takes care of business and Tillman chokes again. BTW Cuse just started recruiting early this year. What do Brown, Towson, Loyola, Navy all have in common, much later recruiters. Silly isn't it?
Next week MD and UNC join the others who got all those "top" recruits... Too funny. I love how Hop just gets blown out and the talking heads try to blame it on injuries... They should be killing Brown with their 3rd stringers. They were all "top recruits" lol.

Ok so how you feeling about this statement right about now? Too funny how you have absolutely no clue of what your talking about. Those "top recruits" turned out to be pretty dam good after all........It ok though D3 has some really competitive lax too....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all wave good bye to UVA, Duke, Hop and very shortly UNC. You heard it here, earlier in the year. You had folks saying "they'll all be in the final four". Truth be told, Hop didn't even belong in the tournament, they are simply a .500 lacrosse team. The biggest offenders of recruiting holdbacks and double holds as well as 14 year olds are all on the tournament scrap heap. UNC with all it's "top" recruits (not) could barley get by a team that's only been around for 4 years. Don't know for sure, but I'm sure MU didn't have any Inside Lacrosse ranked or Ty X ranked kids on the team. Yet somehow they nearly knocked off a team loaded with kids who were committed to UNC before MU even had a D1 program!!! A total and utter affirmation of the ill's of ER recruiting and Holdbacks. These kids are not panning out for the most part, true some are, but most aren't. The best 8th graders are not the best college players, now a fact. Kids who excel at playing down one two to years cannot compete at the next level. Proven fact. Not sure why these coaches continue to recruit from this pool, its just not working out for the most part. Quite frankly, I'm loving it. Only wish MU got rid of UNC, pretty sure that happens next week. It's great for the sport! Go, Brown, Loyola, Towson and Yale!

You think the teams the ER aren't left? Just silly.

Silly??? The only ER left is MD, they haven't won anything in decades... 3 or 4 of their top players are transfers. Most all of the other teams have been much later recruiters until very recently.

Silly.

Don't worry, MD goes back on the scrap heap next week. Cuse takes care of business and Tillman chokes again. BTW Cuse just started recruiting early this year. What do Brown, Towson, Loyola, Navy all have in common, much later recruiters. Silly isn't it?
Next week MD and UNC join the others who got all those "top" recruits... Too funny. I love how Hop just gets blown out and the talking heads try to blame it on injuries... They should be killing Brown with their 3rd stringers. They were all "top recruits" lol.

Ok so how you feeling about this statement right about now? Too funny how you have absolutely no clue of what your talking about. Those "top recruits" turned out to be pretty dam good after all........It ok though D3 has some really competitive lax too....

Really?? MD should be blowing Brown out with all those "top recruits" Did you notice the best player in the country (recruited as a jr) dropped two on MD with a broken foot... If that kid was 100%, MD would be toast. Throw in an awful call or two and it's another Tillman choke job. I'll tip my hat to UNC, they're on a roll. First one since 1993...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks, whether you like it or not, brown has been in the er game as well. all ivy recruit early. pull your head out of the sand and pay attention...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think the teams the ER aren't left? Just silly. [/quote]

Silly??? The only ER left is MD, they haven't won anything in decades... 3 or 4 of their top players are transfers. Most all of the other teams have been much later recruiters until very recently. [/quote]

Silly. [/quote]

Next week MD and UNC join the others who got all those "top" recruits... Too funny. I love how Hop just gets blown out and the talking heads try to blame it on injuries... They should be killing Brown with their 3rd stringers. They were all "top recruits" lol. [/quote]

Ok so how you feeling about this statement right about now? Too funny how you have absolutely no clue of what your talking about. Those "top recruits" turned out to be pretty dam good after all........It ok though D3 has some really competitive lax too.... [/quote]

Really?? MD should be blowing Brown out with all those "top recruits" Did you notice the best player in the country (recruited as a jr) dropped two on MD with a broken foot... If that kid was 100%, MD would be toast. Throw in an awful call or two and it's another Tillman choke job. I'll tip my hat to UNC, they're on a roll. First one since 1993... [/quote]

35 Under Armour All Americans playing in the final today. Not a coincidence these teams are in the finals. Sorry but those are the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have said before that I am one of the few adult/parents that has had the privilege to actually play lax back in the 80's - 90's on Long Island, so to the rest of you are you also as glad as I am to see both the men and woman's Maryland lacrosse teams, all decked out in that atrocious flag, drag there sticks off the fields in defeat? Does that make me bad?

User
User
What a game!
North Carolina over Maryland in overtime.
UNC is the 2016 D1 National Champions.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two ER teams in championship of one of the best games in a long time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two ER teams in championship of one of the best games in a long time

Great game, no doubt. Let's not forget, both teams easily could have been home today.... UMD barely get's by Brown, with a hobbled superstar playing on a broken foot. UNC nearly went home at MU. The takeaway here is any team in the top 20 can win on any given day. As #14 beats #1. Nonetheless, a fantastic game today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have said before that I am one of the few adult/parents that has had the privilege to actually play lax back in the 80's - 90's on Long Island, so to the rest of you are you also as glad as I am to see both the men and woman's Maryland lacrosse teams, all decked out in that atrocious flag, drag there sticks off the fields in defeat? Does that make me bad?

Considering that are young adults that bust their [lacrosse] on the field and in the classroom for nothing but the joy of playing the game....yes, you are an [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were playing college lax back in the 80's on LI it explains a lot.
How many LI kids were in the championship game ????

So why so happy because it is Maryland ? Did they turn you down back in the 80's

ACC BACK ON TOP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why so happy because it is Maryland ? Did they turn you down back in the 80's

ACC BACK ON TOP

seems like there were a decent amount of LI kids. Starting FOGO for Maryland, Starting goalie for UNC, starting close D for Maryland, starting LSM for Maryland and Im sure I missed a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ACC BACK ON TOP

seems like there were a decent amount of LI kids. Starting FOGO for Maryland, Starting goalie for UNC, starting close D for Maryland, starting LSM for Maryland and Im sure I missed a few.

Another Tillman Choke! Word is, guy is not very loyal, will cut your knees out from beneath you in a second. Karma, it can be tough...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever made comments about brown and lars etc has no clue what they are talking about. Yes they lost for whatever the reason but give respect to lars and crew. The team was absolutely stacked with 9 all americans, 3 who were first team. Can play with anyone and yes they should have won it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever made comments about brown and lars etc has no clue what they are talking about. Yes they lost for whatever the reason but give respect to lars and crew. The team was absolutely stacked with 9 all americans, 3 who were first team. Can play with anyone and yes they should have won it all.

Before we give Lars a ton of credit don't forget that the Brown offense came from a Division 3 guy - the 25 year old assistant brought that offense with him from Tufts. D3 top 10 teams are legit...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before we give Lars a ton of credit don't forget that the Brown offense came from a Division 3 guy - the 25 year old assistant brought that offense with him from Tufts. D3 top 10 teams are legit...

The Jumbo's play FAST...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

Tufts is a major powerhouse and amazing school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

Could Tufts be like JHU and go D1 in lax? Certainly could go MAAC or Patriot League for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

Could Tufts be like JHU and go D1 in lax? Certainly could go MAAC or Patriot League for sure.

Ask Hobart College how going from perennial D3 champion to D1 worked out ?
According to your logic Mount Union University should move to the Big 10 in football too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

According to your logic Mount Union University should move to the Big 10 in football too.

Moron, Hopkins is a D3 school so it has already happened once.. Hobart went 10 and 7 as well. So your analogy with football is just dumb and we know it won't work in basketball either. It's a simple question if there are teams like Hopkins that could compete in D1 lax because of any number of factors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

No doubt Tufts could step in and do well in D1. Keep in mind that if they were D1 Im pretty sure they could attract some top players seeing that their academics are so good. Hobart has been a decent D1 program, nothing to be critical about. I think football is a completely different animal and really cant be compared to lax, although there are so many D1 and D1a football schools, Im sure there are some pretty bad ones out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

Sailsbury could move up too but they feel it's better to win 11 ships in the last 22 years at the DIII level than to be middle of the road in DI. It's better for the sport too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brown coach to UVA? Certainly has been a messy process of fire, extend, fire, rehire, fire for good, offer to Corrigan, deal off then hire. Yikes!

Discuss.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on at Binghamton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jumbo's play FAST...

Sailsbury could move up too but they feel it's better to win 11 ships in the last 22 years at the DIII level than to be middle of the road in DI. It's better for the sport too

Salisbury could be a top 40 D1 program on both the girls and boys side if they made the move tomorrow. Great program with solid coaching and in an area that remains attractive to recruits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Salisbury get such good players ?? Fill out a postcard and send it to Admissions. They keep winning because of the competition they play. Go D1 and admission changes and is looked at more closely. all bets are off everything changes you start losing and have losing seasons all of a sudden that school is not so attractive. You don't get those good players that couldn't get in to D1 schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Salisbury get such good players ?? Fill out a postcard and send it to Admissions. They keep winning because of the competition they play. Go D1 and admission changes and is looked at more closely. all bets are off everything changes you start losing and have losing seasons all of a sudden that school is not so attractive. You don't get those good players that couldn't get in to D1 schools

Absolutely clueless - if you don't think D1 coaches walk kids into school then you are crazy. Ever watch a D1 press conference at schools that are supposed to have 1400 SAT players and they can barely speak? A lot less shenanagins walking people in at the 3's (all D'3's) because there isn't any athletic money. Don't be a hater.

Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard