BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So rumors spread that RR were disinvited from tourney and MM refused to play them in Hoco which sounded like major overreaction to some. So RR dad, it was the other way around and BR pulled out? If true, good to know. RR has a good team and shame to see their rep suffer. Hope all coaches on all teams will teach these young boys from mistakes made so the game stays tough but played safer at rhis younger level.

Agree. What tourney are they saying they pulled out of? It was RR who began the "crusade" against him and began to behave like toddlers. Alot of annoyed club owners simply because there is another option in town. Search MM on the internet...20 years of successful camps, clubs, training, partnerships etc. One of the few lacrosse players who were able to successfully create a business out of their passion and last more than a year or two. People keep going back to his clubs and camps as they are quality products. Project 9 anyone? Nobody has trained more young lacrosse players. So he is not a teddy bear of a personality but he clearly knows the sport and is working toward making it safer for kids when nobody else has ever tried and in doing so has become a bit of a target. Many families stand behind him for what he is trying to do and perhaps if people actually stopped and tried to work together for that objective instead of vilifying the messenger, the sport would be much more enjoyable for all kids. But instead Hoco and the refs dig their heels in because they do not like someone questioning the safety of the sport for young players.

They pulled out of his Elite 10 (now Elite 8) tournament the weekend after Memorial Day.

Their choice. They wont be missed if they have parents like the guy who has been posting here. Sounds like he has an axe to grind.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Of course You can not cut and paste it ....it does not exist. Plenty of RR families (and a few coaches) that would be happy to share but in checking your facts, there was no such email sent to the club.. Sensing a pattern..."I was not there, so can not repeat." " Would cut and paste but BR would not like it."

You are absolutely clueless. Obviously you have no connection to RR or you would have received the email that BR sent out explaining why we were no longer playing in MM's tournament. Initially RR was going to the Corrigan tournament in Richmond instead, but decided to limit the travel and play in Lax Splash. You are making yourself look stupid to anyone that actually knows what happened. You keep defending MM all you want. Maybe you can help out his home life too!

not a fan of his club but the last remark is uncalled for. grow up[/quote

Just showing his true colors that it is a personal vendetta if he follows him that closely. Perhaps try outs last year are a sore point. Comments like that further undermine your credibility which was already in question. Point made that no value in your constant complaining about a single person. Moving on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course You can not cut and paste it ....it does not exist. Plenty of RR families (and a few coaches) that would be happy to share but in checking your facts, there was no such email sent to the club.. Sensing a pattern..."I was not there, so can not repeat." " Would cut and paste but BR would not like it."

You are absolutely clueless. Obviously you have no connection to RR or you would have received the email that BR sent out explaining why we were no longer playing in MM's tournament. Initially RR was going to the Corrigan tournament in Richmond instead, but decided to limit the travel and play in Lax Splash. You are making yourself look stupid to anyone that actually knows what happened. You keep defending MM all you want. Maybe you can help out his home life too!

not a fan of his club but the last remark is uncalled for. grow up

Completely out of line!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless, the fact is that MM is a douchb*g and has been for many years. Sure, everyone wants safety in youth lacrosse but to post stuff like this on social media, calling out an 11 or 12 year old kid is completely wrong. It is also out of line for MM to say anything to a kid on the other team during a game, but he did it anyway.
He has the mindset that he thinks he can do anything he wants, because he thinks of himself as Mr. Lacrosse. Well, he isn't, there are plenty of good coaches in club lacrosse and I have never seen one post something on social media calling out a kid and then to have the disrespect to say something to an 11 year old on the opposing team is way out of line. Good for th RR coaches to not put up with MM sh*t, there are plenty of other good tournaments besides his side show tournament. Don't forget, he is in this for the money and I believe some of his motives is to bring attention to himself, like he is the police authority on lacrosse safety. I am sure he would not like it if someone did this to a player on his team. He needs to get over himself. I have known MM for many years, and have never been impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless, the fact is that MM is a douchb*g and has been for many years. Sure, everyone wants safety in youth lacrosse but to post stuff like this on social media, calling out an 11 or 12 year old kid is completely wrong. It is also out of line for MM to say anything to a kid on the other team during a game, but he did it anyway.
He has the mindset that he thinks he can do anything he wants, because he thinks of himself as Mr. Lacrosse. Well, he isn't, there are plenty of good coaches in club lacrosse and I have never seen one post something on social media calling out a kid and then to have the disrespect to say something to an 11 year old on the opposing team is way out of line. Good for th RR coaches to not put up with MM sh*t, there are plenty of other good tournaments besides his side show tournament. Don't forget, he is in this for the money and I believe some of his motives is to bring attention to himself, like he is the police authority on lacrosse safety. I am sure he would not like it if someone did this to a player on his team. He needs to get over himself. I have known MM for many years, and have never been impressed.

Mmmhmmm. You have shown your true colors by calling out someone's home lofe on social media so excuse us all if we do not care about your jealous opinion. The kid was not identified in social Media so stop making It out like he is a monster. As to the kid at the field, right or wrong coaches do this all the time especially when the ref or league ignores things. Let his parents deal with it if they think it is a problem as you are not the judge and jury of lacrosse as you would say.. He has his issues as you have shown you do too. He has done a lot more for youth lacrosse than Hoco/you. People will choose to either send their kids to him or not - families that have attended camps and are in his club understand he is not a personable guy but he has their support. Can you please begin to complain about something/somebody else as you are beginning to sound like a real whiner. Ps name calling also undermines your legitimacy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely out of line!

The guy definitely needs to grow up. His poor son and whatever team/organization he is with. Public opinion is turning against your crusade and you are helping MM every time you post!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely out of line!

The guy definitely needs to grow up. His poor son and whatever team/organization he is with. Public opinion is turning against your crusade and you are helping MM every time you post!

MM'
National Hall of Fame
MVP World Games,
2x MLL Offensive Player of the Year
MLL MVP
ALL PRO NLL 1st team
2x NCAA 1st All American
Umass Hall of fame
FiL Hall of Fame
MLL Hall of Fame
NLL Champion
25 years teaching lacrosse Instructional camps.
He might be a [lacrosse] bag but no one on this thread can touch that resume'...Period
If you don't like him personally then don't send your kid to him. Calling him out just to attack him personally on anonymous site discredits everything you type and no one on here agrees with those remarks. Completely out of line.
whats funny is no one knows who writes what and I bet someone writes [lacrosse] pretending to be some one else.. Its obvious and childless. All these big hits are concern for kids safety like they have been for 30 years. There is also a right way and wrong way about doing something . He might be a lot of things but he is someone that can change safety in the sport, just hopes he finds a better way then whats been happening. (used to be a huge fan until seeing him in person on the field coaching).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely out of line!

MM'
National Hall of Fame
MVP World Games,
2x MLL Offensive Player of the Year
MLL MVP
ALL PRO NLL 1st team
2x NCAA 1st All American
Umass Hall of fame
FiL Hall of Fame
MLL Hall of Fame
NLL Champion
25 years teaching lacrosse Instructional camps.
He might be a [lacrosse] bag but no one on this thread can touch that resume'...Period
If you don't like him personally then don't send your kid to him. Calling him out just to attack him personally on anonymous site discredits everything you type and no one on here agrees with those remarks. Completely out of line.
whats funny is no one knows who writes what and I bet someone writes [lacrosse] pretending to be some one else.. Its obvious and childless. All these big hits are concern for kids safety like they have been for 30 years. There is also a right way and wrong way about doing something . He might be a lot of things but he is someone that can change safety in the sport, just hopes he finds a better way then whats been happening. (used to be a huge fan until seeing him in person on the field coaching).

thanks for the stats ... FLUFFER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't mention this man's son again. He's a kid. BOTC, I thought you didn't allow people to discuss specific kids? So wrong. I know this kid. He's a great kid. This is wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't mention this man's son again. He's a kid. BOTC, I thought you didn't allow people to discuss specific kids? So wrong. I know this kid. He's a great kid. This is wrong.

They don't allow people to disparage players. The fact that he was hit is not in anyway slighting him. Lighten up Francis. You're the only one making a big deal out of who it is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't allow people to disparage players. The fact that he was hit is not in anyway slighting him. Lighten up Francis. You're the only one making a big deal out of who it is.

Lighten up Francis? Wow. That's a contemporary reference. And helps to make your point so convincing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have nothing to do with any of this or HoCo, but even I saw the twitter discussion and video posted of the hit. That puts it into public discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have nothing to do with any of this or HoCo, but even I saw the twitter discussion and video posted of the hit. That puts it into public discussion.

Would agree puts it into public discussion and an important one about player safety - not a character assassination that this guy is trying to turn this board into. Let's keep the discussion about safety or 2022 in general.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a distinguished player doesn't necessarily make anyone an outstanding coach. Plenty of great players are terrible coaches, and many great coaches were marginal players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a distinguished player doesn't necessarily make anyone an outstanding coach. Plenty of great players are terrible coaches, and many great coaches were marginal players.

Yes, very true but people have been sending their kids to him for more than 20 years and many continue to return to his camps, events and projects so he must be doing something right. His technical skills and teaching are top notch but not for everyone. Most kids can get past the gruffness but if not, then there are other good coaches who are more personable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, very true but people have been sending their kids to him for more than 20 years and many continue to return to his camps, events and projects so he must be doing something right. His technical skills and teaching are top notch but not for everyone. Most kids can get past the gruffness but if not, then there are other good coaches who are more personable.

Gruffness is one thing, but when it morphs into personal insults, a coach has crossed the line when dealing with 12 yr olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would agree puts it into public discussion and an important one about player safety - not a character assassination that this guy is trying to turn this board into. Let's keep the discussion about safety or 2022 in general.

if MM posted a video of an incredible play would parents still be upset?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course not, then they would all claim the unidentifiable child was theirs. People are just pissed because the man knows his stuff, called out for change which is uncomfortable for many and also bothersome to others with huge egos who will now have to admit there may be a better way. MM has a larger following on social media than the average lacrosse parent or coach related to the sport. If more of those in the sport did this, there could be more emphasis on safety and teaching kids correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course not, then they would all claim the unidentifiable child was theirs. People are just pissed because the man knows his stuff, called out for change which is uncomfortable for many and also bothersome to others with huge egos who will now have to admit there may be a better way. MM has a larger following on social media than the average lacrosse parent or coach related to the sport. If more of those in the sport did this, there could be more emphasis on safety and teaching kids correctly.

Mark, we get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark, we get it.

^^^^^haha^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GO TERPS"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the Crabs hiding this summer? 6 place finish in HOCo league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hiding? They are at NLF Summer Showcase, Philly Big 4 Invitational and Young Guns. Guess you weren't invited to any of them. Have fun at Beach Lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hiding? They are at NLF Summer Showcase, Philly Big 4 Invitational and Young Guns. Guess you weren't invited to any of them. Have fun at Beach Lax.

Ok, now that is funny!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crabs going to go to finish 6 also all the tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry. Are you from this country? We speak English here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to classify like the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to classify like the Crabs.

You two go to the same school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New [lacrosse] vs Maryland the best of the best. Good luck to all teams this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs 2022 team is at drivers ed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the spirit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New [lacrosse] vs Maryland the best of the best. Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Any predictions? The NY teams that are coming are a good group, well coached and when they play each other it is a Pick'em. How do the MD Team stack up against each other. Should be a great tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs 2022 team is at drivers ed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the 2022 Crabs team of the past HOCO season is registered in Beachlax as 2023 Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any predictions? The NY teams that are coming are a good group, well coached and when they play each other it is a Pick'em. How do the MD Team stack up against each other. Should be a great tournament.

Sadly, I predict that Sunday and next week will be very uncomfortable for many kids, parent, coaches....This is stacked and there could be teams that end up 0-4....1-3...really outstanding teams too. It would be nice if everyone recognizes the quality and realizes it is ok. I am not holding my breath though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly, I predict that Sunday and next week will be very uncomfortable for many kids, parent, coaches....This is stacked and there could be teams that end up 0-4....1-3...really outstanding teams too. It would be nice if everyone recognizes the quality and realizes it is ok. I am not holding my breath though

All teams strong so far today. What the exception of one outlier game all tight games won by one or two goals. No one dominating. Parity for sure and great competition experience for these boys against very good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 MD, Hawks, and Bethesda looking good. I guess Maryland is too much to handle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 MD, Hawks, and Bethesda looking good. I guess Maryland is too much to handle.

That's a stupid thing to say. And I'm a MD parent. All close games, everyone getting along. Don't be a jerk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express the only team to go 3-0 at Elite 8. They avenged an early season loss to Bethesda. Hawks, Smash, 88+3 MD, and Bethesda all went 2-1. I don't see how you can keep any of the 2-1 teams out of the playoffs - one team will be very disappointed and undeservedly kept out since tie-breaker rules were unpublished.
Igloo, United, and Diamondbacks did not make playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a stupid thing to say. And I'm a MD parent. All close games, everyone getting along. Don't be a jerk.

Agreed, records may not show it but look at the scores. Bethesda and Dbacks lost to Express by one goal. Bethesda beat Dbacks by 2 goals. 91 beat Smash by one goal. Smash beat Hawks by 2. Only blow outs were against Igloo and Untied beat handedly by 91 and Dbacks. Other igloo and untied games were closer. Why can't people see how close these games were today?

Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard