BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Team 91 Tryouts - September 8th/9th/15th/16th, 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Team 91 Tryouts - September 2012

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Team 91 Tryouts - September 8th/9th/15th/16th, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much is it for the 2013 Summer Season? It tells you what you get but with out the price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How much is it for the 2013 Summer Season? It tells you what you get but with out the price.

According to the website, it was $1,325 for 2012. It will probably go up some for 2013.

S
Strokeu
Unregistered
Strokeu
Unregistered
S
Yes tuition will go up, you will get so much more for your money this year.for starters look at our website , see who is the coach for your childs given grade.. Notice the top quality coach listed.

According to the website, it was $1,325 for 2012. It will probably go up some for 2013.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams listed but 2021 does anyone know who the coaches are ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Strokeu
Yes tuition will go up, you will get so much more for your money this year.for starters look at our website , see who is the coach for your childs given grade.. Notice the top quality coach listed.

looking over the webpage on what you get, I don't see helmet listed but see all the kids wear the same helmet, is that extra?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 2020 White Lightning coach scream in a kids face at a tournament. Be careful of that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes please someone know who the 2021 coaches are? this will base our decision if we will return next year or not , We were so unhappy with this age group coaching this past season with Orange We couldnt even win a tournament !!
Coach changes should be made if they do not produce victory !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Helmets and gloves are included in the yearly cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what was included for the summer 2012 teams:

•ALL Summer Tournament Fees
•Five Summer Tournaments (Grad years 2015-2021)
•Three Summer Tournaments and one recruiting event (Grade years 2013-2014)
•Two-Day Mini Camp (click here to see footage from last year)
•Two Coaches per team
•Team 91 Cascade CP Helmet (2021-2019 CPV, 2018-2013 CPX-r)
•Team 91 Custom Maverik Gloves
•Custom, sublimated-reversible uniform
•Maverik DNA performance tee
•10 Practices at our home field of Farmingdale College
•Family discounts available (10% off total family tuition)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 2020 White Lightning coach scream in a kids face at a tournament. Be careful of that team

Hey the kid was told orange gatorade not blue. I would scream too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find me a coach that doesnt yell and Ill find you a bear that doesnt poo in the woods.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is yelling to direct someone but screaming at a 10 year old for missing a shot is a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real question for Team 91 and all the other programs is: How many spots are truly available on each team? If one is trying out for a spot in the 2017 age, is the "Orange" (A Team) set? If so does anyone really want to play on a "B" or a "C" team? They get little attention compared to the A teams. Similar the The LI Express philosophy.....It all about the money with many of these programs.....lets run a tryout where 200+ kids tryout for one of 22-25 spots on a team when in reality the Orange teams are maybe at best looking for one or two players. It would be nice to see each one of these money-making enterprises provide this information up front. They never will as every 200 kids is a $15,000 pay day. This does not occur anywhere else in our country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is yelling to direct someone but screaming at a 10 year old for missing a shot is a problem.

If this was the guy at the Hershey tournament on the fields by the registration area, he was out of control. My guys are much older and were waiting to play on an adjacent field. This guy laid into the poor kid and made Bobby Knight back in his heyday appear calm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 players normally translates into 12 middies , 5 or 6 attack / defense and 2 goalies per team. In a 35 minute running game how many runs does your midfield son get. Parents make sure you ask about the number of players per team . Ask all the questions because it can be a long summer if you don't and when they rush you for a commitment remember
"When there is a clock in the deal, LET THE BUYER BEWARE "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 players normally translates into 12 middies , 5 or 6 attack / defense and 2 goalies per team. In a 35 minute running game how many runs does your midfield son get. Parents make sure you ask about the number of players per team . Ask all the questions because it can be a long summer if you don't and when they rush you for a commitment remember

Image a day when it will be about growth the quality of the lacrosse player product from Long Island vs the marketability of a lacrosse club from long island. We somewhere along the line started thinking club association is more important than helping the players on Long Island become the best product in the country. We have players and more so parents from different clubs building walls and wars against each other when in fact some of the opposing players will play with each other in highschool or local teams. When are we going to wake up and take back this sport by forcing the important roll clubs do play by refocuse them to player development at all levels. with average lacrosse D-1 Scholarship around $5000 - $6000 per year (findable stats)- is a $12000+ investement worth it assuming your child plays club from 4th to 9th or so? are those 45 or 50 mins running time games really getting the most exposure for your kids? I love all these sites that show all the college scholarships - look at the highschools they goto as well. How many are St. Anothony's or Chaminade, GC Islip or any big LI highschool? How many of those big scholarships are going to the Floral Park player? Close friend played on the early 90's Syracuse teams 2nd Team All American and highschool All American, the best summer baseball player I ever saw... Yes things have changed but not that much where big profit clubs are the answer - watch out because MD has figureed out how to do this to improve the players development and will take over our lacrosse hotbed market pretty soon. if not already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well i guess your kid is not on crush...they all just gave verbal commitments !

Image a day when it will be about growth the quality of the lacrosse player product from Long Island vs the marketability of a lacrosse club from long island. We somewhere along the line started thinking club association is more important than helping the players on Long Island become the best product in the country. We have players and more so parents from different clubs building walls and wars against each other when in fact some of the opposing players will play with each other in highschool or local teams. When are we going to wake up and take back this sport by forcing the important roll clubs do play by refocuse them to player development at all levels. with average lacrosse D-1 Scholarship around $5000 - $6000 per year (findable stats)- is a $12000+ investement worth it assuming your child plays club from 4th to 9th or so? are those 45 or 50 mins running time games really getting the most exposure for your kids? I love all these sites that show all the college scholarships - look at the highschools they goto as well. How many are St. Anothony's or Chaminade, GC Islip or any big LI highschool? How many of those big scholarships are going to the Floral Park player? Close friend played on the early 90's Syracuse teams 2nd Team All American and highschool All American, the best summer baseball player I ever saw... Yes things have changed but not that much where big profit clubs are the answer - watch out because MD has figureed out how to do this to improve the players development and will take over our lacrosse hotbed market pretty soon. if not already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every 'White' team is necessarily a "B" team within the organization. People let the colors influence them a little too much. I'd suggest doing research on the teams your son may be trying out for to see what type of success they had the previous season. And I wouldn't assume every team is set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That absolutely not true, known fact more attention from the club goes into orange, if your one of the 91 directors going anonymous to try to put things into perspective you are some salesman trying to sell snow in the dead of winter, Just dead wrong !!

Not every 'White' team is necessarily a "B" team within the organization. People let the colors influence them a little too much. I'd suggest doing research on the teams your son may be trying out for to see what type of success they had the previous season. And I wouldn't assume every team is set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again do your research on some of the white teams before you start making statements like that. Some of those white teams did play and were successful in A and get just as much attention as the orange teams. Sounds like someones a little bitter. And I'm not a director just a parent who's had a very good experience with the organization for the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE List the 2021 coaches?

This is the only age group on 91 website that does not list who the coaches are. We would like to know what we are buying besides helmets/gloves/uniform before we decide to have our son tryout for this team. Whats fair is Fair , and would hope that 91 would agree with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, not every White team maybe be a B team , but what team is the white team the top team for that grade for the organization. Everything is relative

Colors should influence you a bit, why pay $1500+ for a B/C White or Blue team... to fund the A/Orange [lacrosse] no.

Buyer beware yes, but know what the team did the year before and what fits they may need. No parent or child should ever go into a tryout thinking they are set, every child should go in knowing their abilities and where they stand (and parents we must be help our children understand you work hard to earn your spot)

But it woul dbe funny if all the teams changed their color schemes to all the white teams are the A teams why (because all org have a top top and all teams have a white jersey - and if they dont they should)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Research was done, yes of you want to argue over some white teams are just as good as orange ? I will give you that, but lets go there shall we ? Let's face it chances are your kidplaces on the 4 th grade level where " crush" is staged, they are in an above and beyond bracket the next team "white" on that grade is at the normal level of competitive play. You wanna go there with the 5th grade team ? Again orange above and beyond , 6th grade ditto.. Why you ask? Top coaches !! Orange gets the best attention hands down my friend ! You can beg to differ but then you would Be contradicting your statement of feeling bitter..

Again do your research on some of the white teams before you start making statements like that. Some of those white teams did play and were successful in A and get just as much attention as the orange teams. Sounds like someones a little bitter. And I'm not a director just a parent who's had a very good experience with the organization for the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, not every White team is a B team , but what org has the white team as the top team for that grade for the organization. Everything is relative

No, Colors should influence you a bit, why pay $1500+ for a B/C White Blue Grey purple team... to fund the A/top team, [lacrosse] no.

Buyer beware yes, know what the team you tried out for did the year before and find out what fits they may need.

Wouldnt it would be funny if all the teams changed their color schemes making all the white teams their A/top teams, why (because most orgs have a top team and most teams have reversable jerseys with white as a base - and if they dont they should)
No parent or child should ever go into a tryout thinking they are set, every child should go in knowing their abilities and where they stand (as parents we must be help our children understand, you work hard to earn your spot and sometimes your best isnt good enough)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way my sons team was this summer most of those kids went in thinking they were set because of parent politics!! Team was a bust

Correct, not every White team is a B team , but what org has the white team as the top team for that grade for the organization. Everything is relative

No, Colors should influence you a bit, why pay $1500+ for a B/C White Blue Grey purple team... to fund the A/top team, [lacrosse] no.

Buyer beware yes, know what the team you tried out for did the year before and find out what fits they may need.

Wouldnt it would be funny if all the teams changed their color schemes making all the white teams their A/top teams, why (because most orgs have a top team and most teams have reversable jerseys with white as a base - and if they dont they should)
No parent or child should ever go into a tryout thinking they are set, every child should go in knowing their abilities and where they stand (as parents we must be help our children understand, you work hard to earn your spot and sometimes your best isnt good enough)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is Stampede is merging with 91. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Word on the street is Stampede is merging with 91. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Yep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it says it on website so I guess it's true, to bad they couldn't make it on their own the current members are not going to be happy with the corporate world of 91 . Best part one of 91 directors was always on the stampede board so I guess he has a heart to keep his old club alive. I hear their current members won't be back next year because of this .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny but team long island just announced there tryouts tonight , and they are at the end of this month , thought rumor had it team long island was merging with 91 too? But I guess there success this year with the younger teams they feel they will only get stronger by obtaining the better kids possibly even from 91 , especially that there bouts with 91 were close at the end of season with there u9 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is the way to go. Better coaching more hands on, and doesnt put all their effort into marketing, apparel, and doesnt have 20 cheifs and not enough indians running the program !

Funny but team long island just announced there tryouts tonight , and they are at the end of this month , thought rumor had it team long island was merging with 91 too? But I guess there success this year with the younger teams they feel they will only get stronger by obtaining the better kids possibly even from 91 , especially that there bouts with 91 were close at the end of season with there u9 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is the way to go. Better coaching more hands on, and doesnt put all their effort into marketing, apparel, and doesnt have 20 cheifs and not enough indians running the program !

I do agree that 91 has the MOST coaching at their disposal THROUGHOUT the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just noticed- 91 does not have the helmet listed as part of what the kids get. I believe in the past few years they have, unless I am wrong. Is this a typo or do you think the kids will be paying for the helmet? I am leaning towards a typo- leaving it out??? Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone from 91 tell us who will be on the coaching staff of the 4th grade 2021 ?? It does not mention on site as a previous poster stated, Like many we would like to know what we are trying out for if our son makes the team , instead of waisting time and money to be evaluated , and put onto a team that its one of the players dads , who use to play lacrosse in junior high school and sat on last years sidelines watching his kid on the bench and feels he can do a better job then the current coach ! Being sarcastic here but i guess you catch my drift what people are asking for???
We like to know what we are buying other then the Swag and practices...its the coaching that means everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that the3rd trade 91 teams have been and will continue to hold their practices way out in calverton or Brookhaven?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that the3rd trade 91 teams have been and will continue to hold their practices way out in calverton or Brookhaven?

I guess the "way out" is relative, for those in central or eastern Suffolk it may be a nice break from having to travel "way out" to farmingdale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the "way out" is relative, for those in central or eastern Suffolk it may be a nice break from having to travel "way out" to farmingdale.

Would this be the 2021 team 4th grade team as of September or 2022 team 3rd grade as of September?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would this be the 2021 team 4th grade team as of September or 2022 team 3rd grade as of September?

this would be the 2022 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would be now 4th grade (2021) Team shoreham
Thats if the coach is asked to come back this year? He has been that team coach for the past 2 years and has not brought any success for championships yet. Hope 91 can re-evaluate this team staff , we would like to continue with 91 but tired of one sided ways of the coach and his entourage.If you do not believe this post ask how many players left this team during the course of season !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022, 91 Smash (LoCasio's team) and whatever the other team is called (Spalina's team)...last year they were 2nd grade this year 3rd grade...they practice in Brookhaven. not good or bad just something to consider depending on where you live.

This would be now 4th grade (2021) Team shoreham
Thats if the coach is asked to come back this year? He has been that team coach for the past 2 years and has not brought any success for championships yet. Hope 91 can re-evaluate this team staff , we would like to continue with 91 but tired of one sided ways of the coach and his entourage.If you do not believe this post ask how many players left this team during the course of season !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard