BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 77 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Valley stream? No not exactly. CSH demolished Locust Valley. Wasn't close.

Sorry about that. Locust Valley

lMaybe next year LV will play someone pretty good outside of their conference so they will be prepared to play CSH next time.You can't play teams just to pad your stats because you saw what happened last night. It's called a but whipping. The whole season was for not. Sorry just a frustrated parent

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So everyone left GC for dead, guess not.......

They haven't gotten off of the island yet and let's face it...Set just folded
yeah you're right GC just won the county, and you're team did what.......4U

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you never played sports but if you think that the hot days out on turf doesn't wear a person down the you never played on turf. If the coaches can't put together other kids and can only go with 14 or 15 kids then he should step down. All that is telling me he can't make kids better. I guess play with nine is one kid gets injured because little Johnny can't hit the net. Let's not try to make little Johnny better, let's just keep him on the sidelines. As a coach I'll just play the best kids that come into my program and the others that come to practice everyday, all year long will never get better and will never help the team out if needed. You talk about a parent that's only their to watch his kid. Sounds just like you. I bet you leave when your son the starter comes out of the game. You probably don't cheer on the others that don't play as much either. I hope you kid is graduating because who needs people like you in the stands. By the way this just isn't farmingdale that the coaches don't develope kids. For your info their are kids that get looks just because they come from farmingdale lacrosse program. Which means that the team has depth and talent on the team but the coaches don't give a crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever, GC .... Nassau Champs 2016.

GC beat them twice this season ... case closed

C'mon, give them credit, a Nassau Championship is impressive

So everyone left GC for dead, guess not.......

They haven't gotten off of the island yet and let's face it...Set just folded

Nothing matters except for the State hardware. Syosset has been over hyped by the local faithful for several years but this year they have a legit shot at breaking through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lMaybe next year LV will play someone pretty good outside of their conference so they will be prepared to play CSH next time.You can't play teams just to pad your stats because you saw what happened last night. It's called a but whipping. The whole season was for not. Sorry just a frustrated parent

So what is the reason why they beat CSH during the regular seson? LV was a very good team. They lost to another very good team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset playing at an entirely different level than GC and CSH...at least it looked that way last night. That game was played so muck faster. GC and Manhasset both looked a little off, bad passes, dropped balls etc but was the most exciting of the three games. It is hard to believe that LV beat CSH during regular season play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset playing at an entirely different level than GC and CSH...at least it looked that way last night. That game was played so muck faster. GC and Manhasset both looked a little off, bad passes, dropped balls etc but was the most exciting of the three games. It is hard to believe that LV beat CSH during regular season play.

GC will go no further. weak conference and poor level of play against equally poor playing teams. good and very lucky run up till now, tho

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC will go no further. weak conference and poor level of play against equally poor playing teams. good and very lucky run up till now, tho

I going to cheer for all three Nassau teams an hope they all keep movin on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An you and your son's team are sitting home with nothing to look forward to. Tell junior if he could have made the GC team he might still be playing. HAHAHAHAHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last meeting Quot goalie stood on his head. Should be interesting game.
WM v quot
Syo v pequa

Friday morning predictions?

I personally think WM/quot too close to call, it will go to the team with better goalie play on that day.

Haven't seen syo and pequa at all but it sounds like syo had the better year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a GC parent, but my son has played with and against many of those kids. Great to see they rebounded and won the Counties. After all the adversity those kids dealt with all year, great to see them bounce back. For my part GC has always been a classy, 1st rate program, good for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sayville boys are back in the Suffolk Championship? I thought that program was supposed to have decimated by the removal of their coach?

Please don't bring up the Sayville issue again. The former coach was treated poorly. The guy founded the program, put his heart and soul into the program and the kids loved him. The school cut funding for his assistant coaches and he got the team to the county finals last year basically coaching by himself. I wish Sayville all the good fortune they deserve but they should have treated the old coach much better. [/quot

isnt it interesting the two programs that pushed their coaches to the curb are in the Suffolk B finals.

It would be interesting if Sayville hadn't been there many times before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a GC parent, but my son has played with and against many of those kids. Great to see they rebounded and won the Counties. After all the adversity those kids dealt with all year, great to see them bounce back. For my part GC has always been a classy, 1st rate program, good for them

Self inflicted adversity really doesn't warrant accolades in my book. Congrats to GC, but easy on the "overcoming adversity" storyline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it was the rest of the teams fault for what happened...GC did overcome adversity. 5 kids get kicked off the team..2 being captains and having a former player die....yeah you know what you are talking abt...keep chirping you have NO clue. Go enjoy ur trips down to MD with your red cups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it was the rest of the teams fault for what happened...GC did overcome adversity. 5 kids get kicked off the team..2 being captains and having a former player die....yeah you know what you are talking abt...keep chirping you have NO clue. Go enjoy ur trips down to MD with your red cups.

Looks like Garden City needs to focus more on "Just Say No" and less on overcoming self inflicted adversity. Interesting that the kids were Captains, maybe that shows poor leadership both among the kids and the administrators.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Self inflicted adversity really doesn't warrant accolades in my book. Congrats to GC, but easy on the "overcoming adversity" storyline.

The kids that were dismissed from team as a result of their poor choices created the self inflicted adversity unto themselves. The players that are on the team had to face the adversity of performing with out 6 members of the varsity team and rise up from all the noise that was going on around them deserve a lot of credit. Many teams would have just folded like a house of cards yet they didnt.

Their coach deserves a lot of credit for keeping the boys on the right path. There were so many reasons they could have failed. He also deserves a ton of credit for changing his style of play to match the players he has. In yesterdays game he made an on the fly adjustment that completely changed the outcome of the game in the 4th quarter. The invert he ran was brilliant and resulted in the comeback. Congratulations to GC.

Last edited by America's Game; .
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Looks like Garden City needs to focus more on "Just Say No" and less on overcoming self inflicted adversity. Interesting that the kids were Captains, maybe that shows poor leadership both among the kids and the administrators.

How dare you!!! The kids that were left after all of the drama and trauma do not deserve statements like this and neither does the coach. Go crawl back under your rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with your Syosset nonsense. Every team that made it is playing at a very high level. If CSH and syosset played 10x it would probably come out 5-5. which would be an improvement over how you have competed vs CSH over the last 10 years. And oh yeah, CSH already BEAT you this year. Deal with it. Go Nassau going forward...even Syosset...gimmie, i'll take, and of course no "thank you". Its in the water there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes it takes a little addition by subtraction to focus a team - especially a bunch of kids. They are something like 12 -1 since the kids were kicked off. Maybe there is/was a life lesson learned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C'mon share with all of us.....just how bad did your team get beat by GC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol that is SO true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C'mon share with all of us.....just how bad did your team get beat by GC?

I bet by 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids that were dismissed from team as a result of their poor choices created the self inflicted adversity unto themselves. The players that are on the team had to face the adversity of performing with out 6 members of the varsity team and rise up from all the noise that was going on around them deserve a lot of credit. Many teams would have just folded like a house of cards yet they didnt.

Their coach deserves a lot of credit for keeping the boys on the right path. There were so many reasons they could have failed. He also deserves a ton of credit for changing his style of play to match the players he has. In yesterdays game he made an on the fly adjustment that completely changed the outcome of the game in the 4th quarter. The invert he ran was brilliant and resulted in the comeback. Congratulations to GC.

Good post, GC out played AND outcoached Set in the 4th quarter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An you and your son's team are sitting home with nothing to look forward to. Tell junior if he could have made the GC team he might still be playing. HAHAHAHAHA
No thanks he didn't want "the high" of that whole team. Congrats on your win. You should be so proud of that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No thanks he didn't want "the high" of that whole team. Congrats on your win. You should be so proud of that program.
Yup, just because a couple of kids made a bad decision rip the whole program. You are a real loser pal. Go play catch with your son now that he's home...or did you even make the playoffs? What was it 15-2 and Jr. couldn't even catch it that day because he got shown up by GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it….Manhasset lost to GC….TWICE. Enough said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. LV had talented players this year but they played a total paddycake schedule. Only 2 quality wins all year came against Port and CSH. You can throw in Bethpage as well. The rest was a joke - beating on the likes of Wheatley, Clarke and Island Trees should not impress anybody. Sets false and distorted expectations. All that said, still a good team and the future looks bright. Coach Cromwell seems like the real deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It also shows poor judgement of character by the GC coaches on who should be captain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset was not very good this year. They had one quality win vs Smithtown West (had to come back late and win by 1 on home turf) but lost to every other high caliber opponent. And please don't count Chaminade as high caliber - not this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with your Syosset nonsense. Every team that made it is playing at a very high level. If CSH and syosset played 10x it would probably come out 5-5. which would be an improvement over how you have competed vs CSH over the last 10 years. And oh yeah, CSH already BEAT you this year. Deal with it. Go Nassau going forward...even Syosset...gimmie, i'll take, and of course no "thank you". Its in the water there...

Ok CSH mom big deal , you won the Vineyard Vine battle congrats. I've never seen more grown men wearing pastel colors. So "gimmie" a break and "thank you" in advance for not being so pompous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant believe some of the posts I am reading on here. Yes GC had a scandal and kids were thrown off the team. The kids messed up and were appropriately disciplined. The rest of the team had to pick up the pieces and move forward without some of their better players and their captains. The fact that they hung in there and won the counties is something as a lacrosse parent everyone should respect no matter where you live. I also give the coaching staff a lot of credit for keeping the team focused and together and hanging in there. I am not a GC parent, but I for one am pulling for them to win the states. For all of you holier than thou folks bashing these kids and coaches, go look in the mirror because you have serious issues, I feel bad for your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It also shows poor judgement of character by the GC coaches on who should be captain.

I was including coaches as administrators, but it does show bad judgement all around. Even if they keep winning, it will all ring hollow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset was not very good this year. They had one quality win vs Smithtown West (had to come back late and win by 1 on home turf) but lost to every other high caliber opponent. And please don't count Chaminade as high caliber - not this year.

To be honest both these teams were weak this year. GC style of play is painful to watch and Set coaches just don't make any productive adjustments. Set may just value preparing kids for the next level over basterdising the game to win games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was including coaches as administrators, but it does show bad judgement all around. Even if they keep winning, it will all ring hollow.

Yeah, the kids who win will always be reminded how all they ever did was win the counties. Hopefully when you walk into their offices to clean them later in life you'll be over it. Get a grip guy whose team lost to GC. You're being a little over dramatic about a lacrosse game don't you think. Go play catch with your son who didn't make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know every word or action your kid says and does 24/7? If so you're the first parent ever who has. You cannot expect a coach to be able to do the same. Kids make bad decisions. It happens. Maybe for some it was their first time. Maybe Not. Point is the kids are paying the price, their teammates stepped up and did something commendable and unexpected. Maybe the coaches or "administrators" deserve some credit for guiding the 35 other kids to a county championship instead of you on here bashing them for something that has probably happened on every other team on Long Island, but either not caught or disciplined for. Enough of the GC bashing.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Why? Are you expecting a coach to know everything about a player? All a coach knows is what he sees on the field and in the school. Why so much dislike for GC? They handled the situation and came out on top. Thats pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Are you expecting a coach to know everything about a player? All a coach knows is what he sees on the field and in the school. Why so much dislike for GC? They handled the situation and came out on top. Thats pretty good.

He is a bitter guy, his son's team got waxed by the GC kids, and now the only way to make himself feel better is to get on BOTC and rip on a bunch of 15, 16, 17 & 18 year old kids who are learning life lessons. He's the perfect kid who developed into the perfect man, and now he comes on a lacrosse website and writes nonsense, anonymously by the way, because he feels he is so superior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville 13-5 over Connetquot for Suffolk A Championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered