05/31/16 10:38 PM
05/31/16 10:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sayville coach brought his program to county finals many times. He built a program for 15+ years. IT's not going anywhere, it's built on a solid foundation.
Hats off to him. How many coaches out there started their respective programs and coached their programs to titles. We wish him the best and he is missed. Good luck to the sayville boys tomorrow.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167726
05/31/16 10:46 PM
05/31/16 10:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to disagree cause you know as well as I know the game is based on the middies getting the ball to the attack. That is just so not right. Did you were at the game, if so what we're you watching. I know their are let's just say two more middies that can get a run in even if it's for a minute or two that would not have hurt the team by going out to give a kid a rest. That's a coaches decision. Making bad plays on D and not winning face offs doesn't help. I'm knocking anyone so let's not go their. I would bet their are kids on a varsity team that are not starters that are better then some starters. It happens not just in farmingdale but all over. Be real. They played hard on both ends but you can't tell me that getting kids rest during a game is not good especially when it is hot out like it was.

When I hear about the temperature and rest I think a mom here. A coach plays his best kids, period. Parents don't watch practice. When "Johnny" never picks the ball up, plays bad defense, doesn't remember the plays, drops the ball, shoots it 10 feet over the net, or any other number of things that make a coach lose confidence in putting him out there in a big game. Parents have that PAL mentality. Just put him out there, if for nothing else to give the stars a rest. Doesn't work that way. You live and die with the players that consistently perform. Regardless of weather. I recognize that parents only focus on their own kid. But coaches don't. There is enough to manage during the course of the game without worrying about getting in my 4th or 5th best midfielder to give someone a rest. Just sayin.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167727
05/31/16 10:50 PM
05/31/16 10:50 PM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

Valley stream? No not exactly. CSH demolished Locust Valley. Wasn't close.

Sorry about that. Locust Valley

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167728
05/31/16 10:51 PM
05/31/16 10:51 PM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

Any score of Syosset vs Massapequa

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167731
05/31/16 11:00 PM
05/31/16 11:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Final Syosset 18 Massapequa 12

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167732
05/31/16 11:02 PM
05/31/16 11:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset won big

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167736
05/31/16 11:38 PM
05/31/16 11:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC beat them twice this season ... case closed

C'mon, give them credit, a Nassau Championship is impressive

So everyone left GC for dead, guess not.......

They haven't gotten off of the island yet and let's face it...Set just folded

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167737
05/31/16 11:40 PM
05/31/16 11:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree cause you know as well as I know the game is based on the middies getting the ball to the attack. That is just so not right. Did you were at the game, if so what we're you watching. I know their are let's just say two more middies that can get a run in even if it's for a minute or two that would not have hurt the team by going out to give a kid a rest. That's a coaches decision. Making bad plays on D and not winning face offs doesn't help. I'm knocking anyone so let's not go their. I would bet their are kids on a varsity team that are not starters that are better then some starters. It happens not just in farmingdale but all over. Be real. They played hard on both ends but you can't tell me that getting kids rest during a game is not good especially when it is hot out like it was.

When I hear about the temperature and rest I think a mom here. A coach plays his best kids, period. Parents don't watch practice. When "Johnny" never picks the ball up, plays bad defense, doesn't remember the plays, drops the ball, shoots it 10 feet over the net, or any other number of things that make a coach lose confidence in putting him out there in a big game. Parents have that PAL mentality. Just put him out there, if for nothing else to give the stars a rest. Doesn't work that way. You live and die with the players that consistently perform. Regardless of weather. I recognize that parents only focus on their own kid. But coaches don't. There is enough to manage during the course of the game without worrying about getting in my 4th or 5th best midfielder to give someone a rest. Just sayin.
If that's a mom, where did she go to school and why didn't they teach her correct grammar and spelling? Oy.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167739
06/01/16 12:10 AM
06/01/16 12:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing matters except for the State hardware. Syosset has been over hyped by the local faithful for several years but this year they have a legit shot at breaking through.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167740
06/01/16 05:39 AM
06/01/16 05:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All Manhasset does is play lacrosse and they still can't beat GC...Geeez

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: America's Game] #167742
06/01/16 05:42 AM
06/01/16 05:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by America's Game

lMaybe next year LV will play someone pretty good outside of their conference so they will be prepared to play CSH next time.You can't play teams just to pad your stats because you saw what happened last night. It's called a but whipping. The whole season was for not. Sorry just a frustrated parent

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167743
06/01/16 05:59 AM
06/01/16 05:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah you're right GC just won the county, and you're team did what.......4U

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #167744
06/01/16 06:04 AM
06/01/16 06:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you never played sports but if you think that the hot days out on turf doesn't wear a person down the you never played on turf. If the coaches can't put together other kids and can only go with 14 or 15 kids then he should step down. All that is telling me he can't make kids better. I guess play with nine is one kid gets injured because little Johnny can't hit the net. Let's not try to make little Johnny better, let's just keep him on the sidelines. As a coach I'll just play the best kids that come into my program and the others that come to practice everyday, all year long will never get better and will never help the team out if needed. You talk about a parent that's only their to watch his kid. Sounds just like you. I bet you leave when your son the starter comes out of the game. You probably don't cheer on the others that don't play as much either. I hope you kid is graduating because who needs people like you in the stands. By the way this just isn't farmingdale that the coaches don't develope kids. For your info their are kids that get looks just because they come from farmingdale lacrosse program. Which means that the team has depth and talent on the team but the coaches don't give a crap.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167751
06/01/16 07:30 AM
06/01/16 07:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever, GC .... Nassau Champs 2016.

Nothing matters except for the State hardware. Syosset has been over hyped by the local faithful for several years but this year they have a legit shot at breaking through.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #167752
06/01/16 07:35 AM
06/01/16 07:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by America's Game

lMaybe next year LV will play someone pretty good outside of their conference so they will be prepared to play CSH next time.You can't play teams just to pad your stats because you saw what happened last night. It's called a but whipping. The whole season was for not. Sorry just a frustrated parent

So what is the reason why they beat CSH during the regular seson? LV was a very good team. They lost to another very good team.

Page 147 of 205 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 204 205