BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 77 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's a dumb post. If his team still is in it , you think he can't spend 1 hour to watch another game. And maybe his team lost in the semis . That's bad ? If it is a coach , I feel he is accurate . And BTW , I'm an assistant of a Nassau team that is out . I guess I can only analyze my team ...

You're a HS Coach. Here's a question for you. What are your thoughts on a Coach who never takes responsibility for losses? Always goes back to: If the kids just executed this or just got it a little better we'd win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach should always take responsibility for every game. Especially multi goal comeback losses. Never use a player as an excuse. For every good player you have , the opposition has one to match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Probably because they were paid to cut off the part where Farmingdale CHOKED and threw away the game. All comes down to HORRIBLE coaching. So much talent in the dale but you can't win championships with over rated coaches. Two years in a row they were up by 5 goals and blew it in the 4th quarter. The LAX Hall of Fame called, they want their trophy back.

I'm a coach in Suffolk so truthfully I could care less. But you obviously have an issue with the coaching. But I can tell you Farmingdale is not as good as Massapequa. Your judgment is cluded. Watched the game on MSG varsity. Your goalie stood on his head in the first half. You got owned on faceoffs. Your midfielders are not as good. You have 3 great players. Massapequa has one star better than your three and the rest of the team top to bottom is better. Want to know why you lost? Because an attackman couldn't put away what should have been the your 10th goal and then you couldn't clear the ball. You cannot expect your star goalie to make all the saves. Teams think they are better than they really are when your goalie keeps you in all the games. I know it hurts losing to a rival. But a reality check is in order.

===========================

Coach,

As u are from Suffolk county and have time to analyse the Daler/Pequa game one must assume that the team u coach has likely ended their season. Stick to analyzing your own team's losses. Giving up a 5 goal lead in the 4th quarter is a coaching failure more than anything else. Pequa may have been the better team but Farmingdale was well positioned to win the game. All the players tried their best.

Parent,

Doesn't take much time to sit down at the computer and watch a game. As far as analysis, I have no dog in the fight. You obviously do. Maybe you wouldn't be up 5 if your goalie wasn't playing out of his mind. So it was the coaches fault you couldn't score? The one attackman was your only offensive threat. Expecting two kids to win the game for you against a better team is alot to ask. You as a parent obviously have inside information as to who played and who didn't. I saw nothing blatant with regards to the coaching. So unless you would like to be specific, we will all just dismiss you as a disgruntled parent who doesn't like the coach. I will go back to analyzing my wins and losses. You stick to figuring out the carpool schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent ,
Trying your best sometimes just isn't good enough. Hard fought battle but I agree with coach. Can't win with a few good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a dumb post. If his team still is in it , you think he can't spend 1 hour to watch another game. And maybe his team lost in the semis . That's bad ? If it is a coach , I feel he is accurate . And BTW , I'm an assistant of a Nassau team that is out . I guess I can only analyze my team ...

================

Before u analyse any teams including ur own u need to reflect upon ur own coaching philosophy... Calling out what u consider failures on the field when the issue was poor coaching and game management are indicators of your poor character.

Every kid on both teams played their hearts out...

Grow up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

================

Before u analyse any teams including ur own u need to reflect upon ur own coaching philosophy... Calling out what u consider failures on the field when the issue was poor coaching and game management are indicators of your poor character.

Every kid on both teams played their hearts out...

Grow up.

I'm commenting on another semi. Coach would not pull a kid who shot 13x and got one in. And let's not get started on the turnovers. The kid would pull himself out for the sake of the team at that point. Everyone has a bad day, coach needs to recognize and make an adjustment, not worry about "feelings"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to tell you why farmingdale lost. I've seen it time and time again with hs teams that do it again and again. Coaches make mistakes as well as the players. When you have a day that's 85 and the turf is 95 to 100 degrees it's impossible for these kids to finish strong. They get tired. I'm not going to sit here and say they didn't try hard. You can't run four to five middies on a day like that and expect them to be fresh in the end. I knew farmingdale was going to run out of steam and loose. They do it all the time. Stay loyal to the 14 to 15 kids and go down hill at the end. They do it all the time. It's amazing how they don't learn from their mistakes. Give credit to pequa for not giving up. Give credit to famingdale for giving all they had. Great job by the goalies from both teams but farmingdale goalie kept them in that game. Stupid plays on D, pressing to hard on O and not being able to win on face offs. The attack man got away from his game and tried to hard to do it by himself. Pequa keyed on him in the first half, he was able to feed others and that's why they were up at the half. Totally got away from that style of play in the second half and that's why they lost. Be real people. Anyone that was at that game knows exactly what I mean. A lesson to all coaches, kept kids rested throughout the game and the results would have been different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to tell you why farmingdale lost. I've seen it time and time again with hs teams that do it again and again. Coaches make mistakes as well as the players. When you have a day that's 85 and the turf is 95 to 100 degrees it's impossible for these kids to finish strong. They get tired. I'm not going to sit here and say they didn't try hard. You can't run four to five middies on a day like that and expect them to be fresh in the end. I knew farmingdale was going to run out of steam and loose. They do it all the time. Stay loyal to the 14 to 15 kids and go down hill at the end. They do it all the time. It's amazing how they don't learn from their mistakes. Give credit to pequa for not giving up. Give credit to famingdale for giving all they had. Great job by the goalies from both teams but farmingdale goalie kept them in that game. Stupid plays on D, pressing to hard on O and not being able to win on face offs. The attack man got away from his game and tried to hard to do it by himself. Pequa keyed on him in the first half, he was able to feed others and that's why they were up at the half. Totally got away from that style of play in the second half and that's why they lost. Be real people. Anyone that was at that game knows exactly what I mean. A lesson to all coaches, kept kids rested throughout the game and the results would have been different.

It is not about being loyal. They are playing the best kids. End of story. And in playoffs, they tighten up even more. Both teams did and it was just as hot for them as well. Better team cam out on top! That's how it usually happens. 6 teams playing today for Nassau County Championship. Anyone on here could have told you who they would have been a year ago. Not one surprise team here!! FYI - same 6 teams next year!! Guaranteed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville boys are back in the Suffolk Championship? I thought that program was supposed to have decimated by the removal of their coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not about being loyal. They are playing the best kids. End of story. And in playoffs, they tighten up even more. Both teams did and it was just as hot for them as well. Better team cam out on top! That's how it usually happens. 6 teams playing today for Nassau County Championship. Anyone on here could have told you who they would have been a year ago. Not one surprise team here!! FYI - same 6 teams next year!! Guaranteed.

Guaranteed ? I think Pequa loses a lot of starters and don't know if 2017/2018 is that strong. I don't know about other teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYO, Manhasset, CSH all move on I predict. Manhasset and CSh move off the island. CSh takes it all. If they don't, i see LV doing the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree with both posts and I was at the game, Massapqua has a lot more depth and it is easy to say in hind sight that Farmingdale should have played more kids but they just didn't have the horses - it is very possible that had they played more kids, particularly middies that they would not have had that big a lead to begin with. The only thing that I think Farmingdale could have tried was not try to hold the ball the entire 4th quarter it is vary hard to kill 12 minutes and if they had put in a couple maybe it could have been a different result but at the end of the day the better team won.

Hats off to the Farmingdale goalie, without him nobody is even talking about how thet could have/should have won kid came very close to stealing the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville boys are back in the Suffolk Championship? I thought that program was supposed to have decimated by the removal of their coach?

They haven't won anything yet. Same place as last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't bring up the Sayville issue again. The former coach was treated poorly. The guy founded the program, put his heart and soul into the program and the kids loved him. The school cut funding for his assistant coaches and he got the team to the county finals last year basically coaching by himself. I wish Sayville all the good fortune they deserve but they should have treated the old coach much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree cause you know as well as I know the game is based on the middies getting the ball to the attack. That is just so not right. Did you were at the game, if so what we're you watching. I know their are let's just say two more middies that can get a run in even if it's for a minute or two that would not have hurt the team by going out to give a kid a rest. That's a coaches decision. Making bad plays on D and not winning face offs doesn't help. I'm knocking anyone so let's not go their. I would bet their are kids on a varsity team that are not starters that are better then some starters. It happens not just in farmingdale but all over. Be real. They played hard on both ends but you can't tell me that getting kids rest during a game is not good especially when it is hot out like it was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale has depth on the team. Your not saying much about the other kids on farmingdale. I'm sure they played more kids during the year. Their has to be others that are good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure their are. Farmingdale has a good lax program. I find it hard to believe that they only have 14 or 15 good players. They have to have more then that. I say go out and win with what kids you have on a team. That's what makes you a good coach. If you can't get kids to turn even with a program like farmingdale then you have to question yourself as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure their are. Farmingdale has a good lax program. I find it hard to believe that they only have 14 or 15 good players. They have to have more then that. I say go out and win with what kids you have on a team. That's what makes you a good coach. If you can't get kids to turn even with a program like farmingdale then you have to question yourself as a coach.

They might have 40 good players. Close game you play the best 14 or 15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree cause you know as well as I know the game is based on the middies getting the ball to the attack. That is just so not right. Did you were at the game, if so what we're you watching. I know their are let's just say two more middies that can get a run in even if it's for a minute or two that would not have hurt the team by going out to give a kid a rest. That's a coaches decision. Making bad plays on D and not winning face offs doesn't help. I'm knocking anyone so let's not go their. I would bet their are kids on a varsity team that are not starters that are better then some starters. It happens not just in farmingdale but all over. Be real. They played hard on both ends but you can't tell me that getting kids rest during a game is not good especially when it is hot out like it was.

Sure. Rest is great. Not in a win or go home scenario. Played the best to the end. And seriously with "their and there "!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sayville boys are back in the Suffolk Championship? I thought that program was supposed to have decimated by the removal of their coach?

Please don't bring up the Sayville issue again. The former coach was treated poorly. The guy founded the program, put his heart and soul into the program and the kids loved him. The school cut funding for his assistant coaches and he got the team to the county finals last year basically coaching by himself. I wish Sayville all the good fortune they deserve but they should have treated the old coach much better. [/quot

isnt it interesting the two programs that pushed their coaches to the curb are in the Suffolk B finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't buy it. Not on a hot day like that. I watched kids not go after the ball the way they did in the first half. Not blaming anyone but maybe one team is better conditioned them the other, who knows. When it's hot like that you must be conditioned to be able to hold up. That's why a coaching staff needs to be able to put 20 players out there that can play. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I they can't develope talent then they shouldn't be coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't play the best 14 or 15 because they haven't played the full game all year. They haven't played in the heat like that either. I bet your son is one of the best also. Don't care what team it is you have to be able to run at least 6 middies. It can cost you later on. Overall great game to watch.if you could put together three middie lines just think how much more dangerous you could be as a team that runs 5 middies. I'm just using middies cause they run the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't play the best 14 or 15 because they haven't played the full game all year. They haven't played in the heat like that either. I bet your son is one of the best also. Don't care what team it is you have to be able to run at least 6 middies. It can cost you later on. Overall great game to watch.if you could put together three middie lines just think how much more dangerous you could be as a team that runs 5 middies. I'm just using middies cause they run the most.

Use 3 middie lines in playoffs and your season would have been over weeks ago! It's not a summer toeunament with 3 games in 6 hours. It's one game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use 3 middie lines in playoffs and your season would have been over weeks ago! It's not a summer toeunament with 3 games in 6 hours. It's one game!

If I had my wish a stacked team with a shorten bench looks like this!

1 GT
5 poles
2 ssd
2 lsm
2 f/o
6 mids (5/6 used sparingly)
5 Att (5th is usually O middie)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So everyone left GC for dead, guess not.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our Coach ran 4 or 5 middies both ways all year. I'm sure he's confounded as to why the team lost so many one goal games... My kids an attack, go figure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC with a 7-5 win.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
GC battles back from 5-1 at end of 3rd quarter to win 7-5 vs Manhasset

Cold Spring beats Locust Valley 17-9

Massapequa vs Syosset being played now

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They haven't gotten off of the island yet and let's face it...Set just folded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Valley stream? No not exactly. CSH demolished Locust Valley. Wasn't close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sayville coach brought his program to county finals many times. He built a program for 15+ years. IT's not going anywhere, it's built on a solid foundation.
Hats off to him. How many coaches out there started their respective programs and coached their programs to titles. We wish him the best and he is missed. Good luck to the sayville boys tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I hear about the temperature and rest I think a mom here. A coach plays his best kids, period. Parents don't watch practice. When "Johnny" never picks the ball up, plays bad defense, doesn't remember the plays, drops the ball, shoots it 10 feet over the net, or any other number of things that make a coach lose confidence in putting him out there in a big game. Parents have that PAL mentality. Just put him out there, if for nothing else to give the stars a rest. Doesn't work that way. You live and die with the players that consistently perform. Regardless of weather. I recognize that parents only focus on their own kid. But coaches don't. There is enough to manage during the course of the game without worrying about getting in my 4th or 5th best midfielder to give someone a rest. Just sayin.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Valley stream? No not exactly. CSH demolished Locust Valley. Wasn't close.

Sorry about that. Locust Valley

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any score of Syosset vs Massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Syosset 18 Massapequa 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset won big

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat them twice this season ... case closed

C'mon, give them credit, a Nassau Championship is impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I hear about the temperature and rest I think a mom here. A coach plays his best kids, period. Parents don't watch practice. When "Johnny" never picks the ball up, plays bad defense, doesn't remember the plays, drops the ball, shoots it 10 feet over the net, or any other number of things that make a coach lose confidence in putting him out there in a big game. Parents have that PAL mentality. Just put him out there, if for nothing else to give the stars a rest. Doesn't work that way. You live and die with the players that consistently perform. Regardless of weather. I recognize that parents only focus on their own kid. But coaches don't. There is enough to manage during the course of the game without worrying about getting in my 4th or 5th best midfielder to give someone a rest. Just sayin.
If that's a mom, where did she go to school and why didn't they teach her correct grammar and spelling? Oy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing matters except for the State hardware. Syosset has been over hyped by the local faithful for several years but this year they have a legit shot at breaking through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All Manhasset does is play lacrosse and they still can't beat GC...Geeez

Page 55 of 77 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard