Rate Thread
Page 70 of 200 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 199 200
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
America's Game #167259 05/28/16 07:55 AM
T
User
User
T
We can all agree that officiating women's lacrosse is an extremely difficult task. With that said my biggest pet peeve is the "dive" or the drama filled "head grab". Girls are taught by some coaches to do these things and because officials have so much to look at its difficult to distinguish the real foul from the "dive".
I would love to see attention paid to this embellishment with some action against the player similar to hockey where the player can be given a penalty for diving or in this case dropping to the ground as if shot when no one touches them or hardly makes contact.
There was a lot of "diving" during the SU v MD and the UNC v PSU game for sure.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

baldbear #167260 05/28/16 07:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very sad women's lacrosse getting very little playoff play anywhere in the media

You can't justify putting it on television when no one watches. If you watched the games online, you saw that very few of these games had a lot of fans there. The Stanford- James Madison game had about 50 people watching in that gigantic stadium. I enjoy watching the girls game more than the boys but I'm the minority. Only the final four draws fans and that's a shame.

Same thing with Syracuse. Playing a game in the Carrier Dome, even with 200 fans, is an empty feeling. I've seen regular season games with less than 50 people at The Dome. It's like playing in a cave.

We are all passionate about the sport but it is a niche sport. ESPN3 or ESPNU will stream the games but even the production values, and announcers, are fourth rate. For 99.9% of the student-athletes this is game they finish after graduating. Use the sport as a tool to get your student into the best academic situation; it's certainly not a career.
I am one of the rare adults that actually had the pleasure to play lacrosse when I was younger, and I remember being thrilled to see 50 people in the stands to watch us play. That being said, I blame the parents at the younger levels for the slow growth of woman's lax. They are the most obnoxious, selfish fans in any sport. Don't dare not agree with them because they will shame you by calling you a pedophile, or a loser for watching a girls game when they don't have a daughter involved. Not exactly the most welcoming atmosphere. Either that or they're loudly bragging about there kid or screaming like an idiot for them to " go to goal" every time there kid gets a touch. Unbearable! So please don't come on here upset no one goes to games, make it a better place. That and the rules need to be fixed and the refs need to be better.

Anonymous #167263 05/28/16 08:34 AM
T
User
User
T
Originally Posted by baldbear
Very sad women's lacrosse getting very little playoff play anywhere in the media

You can't justify putting it on television when no one watches. If you watched the games online, you saw that very few of these games had a lot of fans there. The Stanford- James Madison game had about 50 people watching in that gigantic stadium. I enjoy watching the girls game more than the boys but I'm the minority. Only the final four draws fans and that's a shame.

Same thing with Syracuse. Playing a game in the Carrier Dome, even with 200 fans, is an empty feeling. I've seen regular season games with less than 50 people at The Dome. It's like playing in a cave.

We are all passionate about the sport but it is a niche sport. ESPN3 or ESPNU will stream the games but even the production values, and announcers, are fourth rate. For 99.9% of the student-athletes this is game they finish after graduating. Use the sport as a tool to get your student into the best academic situation; it's certainly not a career.
I am one of the rare adults that actually had the pleasure to play lacrosse when I was younger, and I remember being thrilled to see 50 people in the stands to watch us play. That being said, I blame the parents at the younger levels for the slow growth of woman's lax. They are the most obnoxious, selfish fans in any sport. Don't dare not agree with them because they will shame you by calling you a pedophile, or a loser for watching a girls game when they don't have a daughter involved. Not exactly the most welcoming atmosphere. Either that or they're loudly bragging about there kid or screaming like an idiot for them to " go to goal" every time there kid gets a touch. Unbearable! So please don't come on here upset no one goes to games, make it a better place. That and the rules need to be fixed and the refs need to be better.

Actually women's lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the US for the past several years as verified by the NCAA.
As for the culture it is quite good with exemptions of course as is with any sport. Women's lacrosse attendance at the final four is great and playoff games and top regular season games are all well attended. HS games here on LI have good attendance numbers as well for the better programs.
If you played lacrosse and enjoy the game then by all means you should attend.
Don't pay attention to the loud mouths just as if you wouldn't if you went to any other sporting event such as football, soccer or baseball. Trust me the mouths attend those events as well!!!!

Anonymous #167265 05/28/16 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse was outclassed and played a dirty game ! That starts w the coaches. I also have to say the way Cathy Reese acted at the end and reading her lips after they scored the late goal was classless!! Also remember a few weeks ago people bragging how Cathy pulls players out when games are "won". Whittle took 5 shots in last 2 minutes up 10. Terrible behavior by both coaches

I watched and I agree, Syracuse did not lose with class, definitely some very hard fouls towards the end.. But I'm sure the late scoring was a response to that.. As far as what Reece was caught saying.. She had her hand up toward her mouth to cover it and was said to an assistant.. Come on what is she supposed to be a saint...

What exactly was said by reese?

Anonymous #167271 05/28/16 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse was outclassed and played a dirty game ! That starts w the coaches. I also have to say the way Cathy Reese acted at the end and reading her lips after they scored the late goal was classless!! Also remember a few weeks ago people bragging how Cathy pulls players out when games are "won". Whittle took 5 shots in last 2 minutes up 10. Terrible behavior by both coaches

I watched and I agree, Syracuse did not lose with class, definitely some very hard fouls towards the end.. But I'm sure the late scoring was a response to that.. As far as what Reece was caught saying.. She had her hand up toward her mouth to cover it and was said to an assistant.. Come on what is she supposed to be a saint...

Agree the late goal was probably in response to the hard fouls at the end. But someone has to step up and be a class act. No one did here. Sad to see.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #167272 05/28/16 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When the game was out of reach, but Syracuse was fouling hard, an Md player ( whittle?) scored, and the camera caught her dropping an F-bomb, it appeared to me to be a "f-him", (Gait)

I wanted Syracuse to win.. I'll always root for a NY team over Md. But at the end cuse got what they deserved... Embarrassed

Anonymous #167278 05/28/16 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree the late goal was probably in response to the hard fouls at the end. But someone has to step up and be a class act. No one did here. Sad to see.

MD certainly could have emptied the bench, by not doing so she made it clear that she wanted to embarrass Cuse and unfortunately they responded by getting very physical. It would seem they both got what they deserved. MD did the same thing to northwestern in a blowout game early in the season, with all her success not sure why the chip on the shoulder?

America's Game #167327 05/28/16 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will I be able to buy tickets for the women's division 1 championship at the gate or it will be sold out? Considering taking the trip down but don't want to purchase online tonight because we aren't sure yet. Want to sleep on it.

America's Game #167330 05/28/16 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 on Syracuse, who picked up the third yellow in that late game stretch, went off the field laughing. I hope that she's a senior and her career is over. Classless.

America's Game #167387 05/29/16 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs in championship pro MD already and it is only 10 minutes into it.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #167390 05/29/16 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 on Syracuse, who picked up the third yellow in that late game stretch, went off the field laughing. I hope that she's a senior and her career is over. Classless.

MD players were laughing too, especially Whittle, she looked like she never scored a goal before the way she acted at the end of the game, I found her act just as embarrassing

Anonymous #167391 05/29/16 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs in championship pro MD already and it is only 10 minutes into it.

Don't see that but the male announcer is clueless.

Anonymous #167396 05/29/16 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD players were laughing too, especially Whittle, she looked like she never scored a goal before the way she acted at the end of the game, I found her act just as embarrassing

Not too many people sad to see Maryland get spanked. Great showing for North Carolina.

America's Game #167423 05/29/16 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think your right on UNC spanking MD. Also TC was exposed in this game. She is a great player but when ask to play D was very average..surprised. But at the end UNC owned the draw.

UNC a very humble team with great players..

Anonymous #167425 05/29/16 08:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The MD players were laughing because they had never seen a team resort to just hacking and cross-checking at the rate Syracuse was. It was a " can you believe this [lacrosse]....", and then a " yup, take another"......

Page 70 of 200 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 199 200

Link Copied to Clipboard