BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 77 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update on Suffolk B?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn
Did you really delete a post about a 21 year old man (no names or identification) who is a quasi celebrity in our small lax community who was screaming and cursing at 15 and 16 year olds at a game? please explain the logic? If he did not want negative attention drawn to himself he should not have stood on the rail the whole game yelling at HS kids that they F&*%6 S&*#

-just sayin

yes I did because its hearsay. Its like me saying so and so was a drunken fool on the sideline. Anyone can be targeted.

In that case everything on this site is heresay because that's all people do is say things and it's posted without any proof and that's always allowed through and kept on this site. Btw not exactly heresay when in this case everyone from port and syo saw and heard it happening and for some insane reason the PW supervisors did nothing. Unacceptable, embarrassing behavior . Any other town /person and I guess the post would have been kept on BOTC for all to see.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn
Did you really delete a post about a 21 year old man (no names or identification) who is a quasi celebrity in our small lax community who was screaming and cursing at 15 and 16 year olds at a game? please explain the logic? If he did not want negative attention drawn to himself he should not have stood on the rail the whole game yelling at HS kids that they F&*%6 S&*#

-just sayin

yes I did because its hearsay. Its like me saying so and so was a drunken fool on the sideline. Anyone can be targeted.

In that case everything on this site is heresay because that's all people do is say things and it's posted without any proof and that's always allowed through and kept on this site. Btw not exactly heresay when in this case everyone from port and syo saw and heard it happening and for some insane reason the PW supervisors did nothing. Unacceptable, embarrassing behavior . Any other town /person and I guess the post would have been kept on BOTC for all to see.

I dont let individuals get singled out. I do my best to keep it lacrosse discussion not attacks on people. I actually protected Syosset from a lot of posts and crap about their coach during that whole incident. You wont believe what was being said. Again I was at the game so I am pretty aware of what went on. So please stop trying to stir the pot. Its OVER. DONE. Get over it. Syosset won the game they let the talking be done on the field. Isn't that enough.

Last edited by America's Game; .
User
User
SWR over Comsewogue today 7-4. It was a battle of two really good teams. Great crowd and great lacrosse.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you say that when the Elevate owner has been continually singled out for weeks. Tough to selectively choose who gets singled out

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How can you say that when the Elevate owner has been continually singled out for weeks. Tough to selectively choose who gets singled out

I am one moderator and don't live on here. Others approve posts also. I can't read every post. Do my best. If more people registered it would help eliminate the BS. Let's talk lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why the last of the 3rd quarter and entire 4th quarter missing from MSG site Farmingdale/Mass game? A time out called and video ends?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure . Missed massapequa's 8 unanswered goals to end the game .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM v quot
Syo v pequa

Friday morning predictions?

I personally think WM/quot too close to call, it will go to the team with better goalie play on that day.

Haven't seen syo and pequa at all but it sounds like syo had the better year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seaford and GC score?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM v quot
Syo v pequa

Friday morning predictions?

I personally think WM/quot too close to call, it will go to the team with better goalie play on that day.

Haven't seen syo and pequa at all but it sounds like syo had the better year.

SYO won first meeting by 1, close game, SYO also scored on themselves. I pick SYO by 4, 11-7.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Seaford and GC score?

Thought it was Southside. 9-3 very slow paced game. Offensive possessions were very long. Kept game at a slow pace and that's why score was so low

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I just deleted a post that mentioned kids by heir whole name and what schools they attend. Please lets not do this or go there with kids names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably because they were paid to cut off the part where Farmingdale CHOKED and threw away the game. All comes down to HORRIBLE coaching. So much talent in the dale but you can't win championships with over rated coaches. Two years in a row they were up by 5 goals and blew it in the 4th quarter. The LAX Hall of Fame called, they want their trophy back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they probably cut it off because it's Too embarrassing for the daler coaches. what a choke. how do you let that happen 2 yrs in a row?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably because they were paid to cut off the part where Farmingdale CHOKED and threw away the game. All comes down to HORRIBLE coaching. So much talent in the dale but you can't win championships with over rated coaches. Two years in a row they were up by 5 goals and blew it in the 4th quarter. The LAX Hall of Fame called, they want their trophy back.

You really think the old HC makes the calls ? Leave the man alone you have no idea what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like ALL the coaches are to blame poor kids deserve better hopefully the dale gets a whole new coaching staff would love to see them win states next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have always been amazed at the how the better lax teams/schools have vocalized their issues. SWR a few years ago, the recent bickering in 3village or GC, ow Syo and Port going at it. Sayville swiftly booting the coach. and lets not forget CSH slap gate. All of these schools are relatively in the mix. Year after year.

I am sure you have other towns with their issues but never airing their grievances out here. Do they have class and take things in house and note spew venom publically or are they just okay to live with the notion of mediocre!

You do not see West Islip or Farmingdale griping and I guess you can describe them as mediocre if you have never seen a,lacrosse game before. Over the past 20 years just wins and no excuses but the West Islip parents are tough to listen to.

Nope, Wi goes under the title of "there are issues but they keep it in house". A few years back when they were doing just as well there were posts on here but coach Craig does an amazing job with that community.

Farmingdale really want to get started there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like ALL the coaches are to blame poor kids deserve better hopefully the dale gets a whole new coaching staff would love to see them win states next year
couldn't be that Massapequa was just better ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the better team, was seated as the better team, had a record than Fdale, but were also down by 5 goals in the end of the 3rd. Going into the 4th down by 4. I think poster is saying maybe with some leadership could have held on to lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been following high school lacrosse for 20 years. As hard as I try I can't understand the love fest the Dalers have for their HC. He won 1 State Championship in 45 years with a team that had 7 DI players on it. IMO that does not make a Hall of Famer. Now let's talk about his choice for his defensive coach. Who exactly was coaching the defense as it once again was unable to hold a 5 goal lead in a playoff game. Someone said it best, I feel bad for the Daler faithful since they clearly deserve better coaches. Maybe they should look no further than the Lady Dalers Varsity coach. That is a CHAMPION coaching staff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was the classy Daler fans chanting we can't here you, after that it was all down hill.lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, that Brown/Maryland game was like the East/Quot semi game, with the exception of East winning nearly every face off and still finding a way to lose! Great game! Will it finally be Maryland's year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the better team, was seated as the better team, had a record than Fdale, but were also down by 5 goals in the end of the 3rd. Going into the 4th down by 4. I think poster is saying maybe with some leadership could have held on to lead.

It's seeded, not seated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely wrong. So much talent?
The Farmingdale coaches could not have gotten more out of the players they had. With the exception of their goalie, they don't have a player that would start for Syosset or Pequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Farmingdale coaches could not have gotten more out of the players they had. With the exception of their goalie, they don't have a player that would start for Syosset or Pequa.
nonsense, DELETED for Farmingdale played a great game. He was really impressive, and I'm a Pequa dad. Kid was all over the field, hustle like no one else. He was the early mvp in my opinion. The Farmingdale DELETED is an absolute beast.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Farmingdale LSM and Middy could start for any team in the county

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all enjoy great Memorial Day weekend showing respect to our veterans, and remember all the important things in life including family and good health. We are all fortunate to live in an area with top-notch competitive lacrosse... It makes all of the players better.

NCAA D1 Championship weekend as well.

Life is good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

It's not how fast you mow , it's how well you mow fast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ Agreed, senior LSM-great player. Too bad he played for the wrong coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great fortune cookie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]does anyone care about what's going on in Manhasset.....enough is enough with the favoritism and nepotism Coach's son on the first middy line that never comes off the field... People complaining about the attack scoring too many goals and never coming off the field. The only reason for that is so the first middy line can try and have some meaningful production...which,other than the UNC commit, they don't! There is minimal production...and only against inferior teams! Look at the facts and not anyone's opinion....can't hide the facts. Has anyone ever seen a man up squad that can't score?? and yet is in every time? The members of man up and players who have seen the field this season and past seasons are the result of favoritism and nepotism. Coach's son , and friends, loyal team 32 paying customers and sons of employee coaches of team 32...so is this pay to play at a public high school..... Second and Third attack and middy lines have barely hit the field this season. Not acceptable Manhasset. Where is the privilege of being a senior and putting in the hard work for 4 years? We have heard that the best kids are on the field??? Not according to the numbers!!! School board and administration must investigate and take action. Need more people to write letters....anonymous is the only way because as we all have seen, those that complain are severely punished. It is terrible that the administration allows this....you want the players to play for the team? You need a coach who coaches for the team! and now...when you thought it couldn't possibly get worse...the freshman son and his friends etc. have been brought up to varsity...playing over seniors! you just can't make this up. it is OUTRAGEOUS and a conspiracy that we are allowing. Write in to the Board Members and Superintendent

All true and just the tip of the iceberg of what 's been going on with this program. The Administration is well aware of the issues but have chosen to ignore it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a coach in Suffolk so truthfully I could care less. But you obviously have an issue with the coaching. But I can tell you Farmingdale is not as good as Massapequa. Your judgment is cluded. Watched the game on MSG varsity. Your goalie stood on his head in the first half. You got owned on faceoffs. Your midfielders are not as good. You have 3 great players. Massapequa has one star better than your three and the rest of the team top to bottom is better. Want to know why you lost? Because an attackman couldn't put away what should have been the your 10th goal and then you couldn't clear the ball. You cannot expect your star goalie to make all the saves. Teams think they are better than they really are when your goalie keeps you in all the games. I know it hurts losing to a rival. But a reality check is in order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Farmingdale LSM and Middy could start for any team in the county

Think again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you one reason why club teams are ruining the game. What about town pride?? I grew up in a blue collar town but had a great team. I am proud of where I grew up and when ever asked I say it with pride (2 t . the i). The other day I watched a game and all the kids were wearing different helmets from their club teams. The haves and have nots. What happened to school colors.

Brings me to my second reason. People figured out they can make a lot of money off everyone who thinks there kid is the next best thing. Even the equipment companies joined in by raising prices on everything. Do you know all equipment is made the same and do you know what it cost to make a plastic head?? Because of this parents (some anyway) can not afford to buy 2 helmets.

Lmao Town Pride? Youre kidding me right? Do me a favor send me your address so I can come over and we can watch Remember the Titans together and hold hands and chant koombaya together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

I'm a coach in Suffolk so truthfully I could care less. But you obviously have an issue with the coaching. But I can tell you Farmingdale is not as good as Massapequa. Your judgment is cluded. Watched the game on MSG varsity. Your goalie stood on his head in the first half. You got owned on faceoffs. Your midfielders are not as good. You have 3 great players. Massapequa has one star better than your three and the rest of the team top to bottom is better. Want to know why you lost? Because an attackman couldn't put away what should have been the your 10th goal and then you couldn't clear the ball. You cannot expect your star goalie to make all the saves. Teams think they are better than they really are when your goalie keeps you in all the games. I know it hurts losing to a rival. But a reality check is in order.

===========================

Coach,

As u are from Suffolk county and have time to analyse the Daler/Pequa game one must assume that the team u coach has likely ended their season. Stick to analyzing your own team's losses. Giving up a 5 goal lead in the 4th quarter is a coaching failure more than anything else. Pequa may have been the better team but Farmingdale was well positioned to win the game. All the players tried their best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you one reason why club teams are ruining the game. What about town pride?? I grew up in a blue collar town but had a great team. I am proud of where I grew up and when ever asked I say it with pride (2 t . the i). The other day I watched a game and all the kids were wearing different helmets from their club teams. The haves and have nots. What happened to school colors.

Brings me to my second reason. People figured out they can make a lot of money off everyone who thinks there kid is the next best thing. Even the equipment companies joined in by raising prices on everything. Do you know all equipment is made the same and do you know what it cost to make a plastic head?? Because of this parents (some anyway) can not afford to buy 2 helmets.

Lmao Town Pride? Youre kidding me right? Do me a favor send me your address so I can come over and we can watch Remember the Titans together and hold hands and chant koombaya together.

Town Pride has many meanings. Town "A" had a great thing with some real good young talent coming through the past few years. Each year pulling up a few MS to play (sometimes missing a player or 2, but who doesnt). One might say they had a group that was best on the island at their age group. Town "A"'s Varsity would make the playoffs but were perennial one and dones.

Even with the promise of playing and being a playoff contender the town parents didn't want to hold back kids, the town parents wanted better for them and supported the players when the kids decided to pursue other opportunities and outlets. (Chaminade/St Anthony's/St. John the Baptist) That is town Pride!

The Athletic Dept on the other hand did nothing to help cultivate and foster a solid program. Always poo poo'd the notion of travel. Town "A" Lost a good portion of the best players to the Catholics. Not because they really wanted to go (or the grass was greener) but because school "A" both academically and athletically didn't care if they stayed or not.

School board couldn't care less their kids were now done with College. Heck Principle couldn't keep the affairs of the school straight and had a transient Superintendent at best for a few years. Its not that there wasn't pride, there just was no promise!

Like I said, parents were happy for those athletes who pursued a dream, why, because they knew the town HS was not going to help them. That to me is town pride!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a dumb post. If his team still is in it , you think he can't spend 1 hour to watch another game. And maybe his team lost in the semis . That's bad ? If it is a coach , I feel he is accurate . And BTW , I'm an assistant of a Nassau team that is out . I guess I can only analyze my team ...

Page 54 of 77 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard