T
User
User
T
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your obsession with women with muscles is creepy. Very creepy. The genie is out of the bottle, women will never again be the little China dolls you are so fond of.

Now that is funny. He is creepy.

you guys are a couple short years from going to your wife and saying 'sorry honey, but I like guys' and in this day and age that will be totally fine. people are ready for this stuff. let it rip.. gonna be fine.

Its not a beauty competition moron and thank goodness because then your wife will still be able to play.

Mature exchange.
You're kidding right?

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
The Hop #166901 05/25/16 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
These are excellent points. As stated above here is the conundrum.
If shooting space is called and the player executes the shot then by definition it is a dangerous shot...goal or not.
The problem here is officials NEVER call that scenario a dangerous shot. They simply allow the shooter to take a free position and retake the shot (often times resulting in the same scenario happening again....crazy). In essence the wrong call each and every time.
Now here is the argument that I hear a lot. Because of the speed of the play and the timing of the officials whistle it is usually too late for the shooter to stop herself as the shot motion has already begun when the whistle blows.

That's not what the officials say , the reason they say it's not called a dangerous shot is that the defensive player was not in shooting space at the initiation of the shot and entered shooting space as the shot was being taken or already released .

My opinion is that the solution is quite simple and two fold.
1-the officials need to call shooting space/obstruction MUCH quicker and 2-the shooter needs to be held responsible for shooting during a shooting space situation.
If the shooter executes a shot AND the official calls shooting space then a yellow should be given and a change of possession should result.

America's Game #166915 05/26/16 05:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fit women make great laxers and there muscles are quite sexy

Anonymous #166919 05/26/16 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If shooting space is called and the player executes the shot then by definition it is a dangerous shot...goal or not.
The problem here is officials NEVER call that scenario a dangerous shot. They simply allow the shooter to take a free position and retake the shot (often times resulting in the same scenario happening again....crazy). In essence the wrong call each and every time.
Now here is the argument that I hear a lot. Because of the speed of the play and the timing of the officials whistle it is usually too late for the shooter to stop herself as the shot motion has already begun when the whistle blows.

That's not what the officials say , the reason they say it's not called a dangerous shot is that the defensive player was not in shooting space at the initiation of the shot and entered shooting space as the shot was being taken or already released .

1-the officials need to call shooting space/obstruction MUCH quicker and 2-the shooter needs to be held responsible for shooting during a shooting space situation.
If the shooter executes a shot AND the official calls shooting space then a yellow should be given and a change of possession should result.

I agree with calling it quicker but you are taking to whole new level

The Hop #166921 05/26/16 07:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your obsession with women with muscles is creepy. Very creepy. The genie is out of the bottle, women will never again be the little China dolls you are so fond of.

you guys are a couple short years from going to your wife and saying 'sorry honey, but I like guys' and in this day and age that will be totally fine. people are ready for this stuff. let it rip.. gonna be fine.

Its not a beauty competition moron and thank goodness because then your wife will still be able to play.

Mature exchange.
You're kidding right?

Its about as mature as the guy going after young women because he does not like their physical appearance.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #166932 05/26/16 08:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mature exchange.
You're kidding right?

Its about as mature as the guy going after young women because he does not like their physical appearance.
Don't disagree with Hop, if he gets mad at you he'll ban you

Anonymous #166939 05/26/16 09:37 AM
T
User
User
T

With the advent of the shot clock next season I think a whole new level is required. Simply put ... a shot taken when a shooting space is called is in fact a dangerous shot! I would love to hear an argument otherwise.

The Hop #166961 05/26/16 11:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love it..

I constantly remind refs (not to their liking), if a player enters the fan, shows to shoot the shot, the defender slides late but is a further than a stick away, ref calls the shooting space... all is good... I get it. but when/if the player then takes a step and shots after the whistle. it is a dangerous shot every time.

at a recent tournament a ref told me he had more hours on the field than I and the ref gets to determine if it is truly "dangerous" shot. I "nicely" said okay but you got that one wrong! Needless to say the slash to the head of our players didn't get called after that but the in the sphere against our players sure did.

The Hop #166967 05/26/16 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the advent of the shot clock next season I think a whole new level is required. Simply put ... a shot taken when a shooting space is called is in fact a dangerous shot! I would love to hear an argument otherwise.

If the call is made prior to the player initiating the shot then yes, that said there are times when the call is made too late for the shot to be stopped and in that case you cannot call a dangerous shot.

Anonymous #166975 05/26/16 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the call is made prior to the player initiating the shot then yes, that said there are times when the call is made too late for the shot to be stopped and in that case you cannot call a dangerous shot.

Well you actually can. See here is the thing that people don't seem to understand. It is on the SHOOTER not to take the shot if there is someone in the way. It doesn't matter whether shooting space is called or not. So whether the whistle is blown first or not has nothing to do with whether it was a dangerous shot.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #166988 05/26/16 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love it..

I constantly remind refs (not to their liking), if a player enters the fan, shows to shoot the shot, the defender slides late but is a further than a stick away, ref calls the shooting space... all is good... I get it. but when/if the player then takes a step and shots after the whistle. it is a dangerous shot every time.

at a recent tournament a ref told me he had more hours on the field than I and the ref gets to determine if it is truly "dangerous" shot. I "nicely" said okay but you got that one wrong! Needless to say the slash to the head of our players didn't get called after that but the in the sphere against our players sure did.

Love it..

A shame you had a negative dialogue with the official and that potentially resulting in some missed calls....

The Obstruction of Shooting space vs Dangerous Propelling/shot/Follow through being called simultaneously or as a continuation would result in offsetting fouls. Possession arrow would then determine whether a change in possession occurs.

Often times these are split second calls made by different "on field " officials who are responsible for different aspects of the game depending on whether they are a lead or trail official.

At the college level, the feeling is that the girls are stronger and thus have better control of their sticks. (With regards to checking-one handed play). They are more precise with their shot placement.

Ultimately there is that fine line between an early whistle, a goal with no whistle and a late whistle that results in a disallowed goal and a free position attempt. One team is usually unhappy depending on the call.

The safety of the players is the most important.

Coaches and Officials should meet to come up with more concrete rules. They have tried with the cross checks and we all see how "strictly enforced" that rule is (NOT!).

To quote Gary Gait, "the rules are gray, don't look for black and white answers".

America's Game #166994 05/26/16 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone define what a "Good" shot is. I always thought you needed a clean lane to shot in. the only thing in the way was the goalie in the crease. (if out of the crease then shooting space) and the shot cant be shot.

I always thought you needed to beat your girl clean and have at least your hips clear her hips along with having control of the shot.

To many shots are not clear to the goal even if you have control of the shot. How about those BTB shots in girls arnt they pretty much fundamentally illegal

I was told by ref, girls can shoot if defended upon as long as it isn't a dangerous follow through.

I didn't think you could shoot through your defenders sphere. a ref told me that was legal as long as there was no follow through.

Help!

Anonymous #167036 05/26/16 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you actually can. See here is the thing that people don't seem to understand. It is on the SHOOTER not to take the shot if there is someone in the way. It doesn't matter whether shooting space is called or not. So whether the whistle is blown first or not has nothing to do with whether it was a dangerous shot.

Again your reading comprehension is making it difficult . It was in response to a player shooting the ball after shooting space is called and if that should be an automatic dangerous shot penalty , which it should not.

America's Game #167044 05/26/16 07:17 PM
T
User
User
T
Here is a great explanation and video regarding this issue.

http://www.uslacrosse.org/multimedi...r-shooting-space-in-womens-lacrosse.aspx

Anonymous #167057 05/26/16 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the call is made prior to the player initiating the shot then yes, that said there are times when the call is made too late for the shot to be stopped and in that case you cannot call a dangerous shot.[/quote]

Well you actually can. See here is the thing that people don't seem to understand. It is on the SHOOTER not to take the shot if there is someone in the way. It doesn't matter whether shooting space is called or not. So whether the whistle is blown first or not has nothing to do with whether it was a dangerous shot. [/quote]

Again your reading comprehension is making it difficult . It was in response to a player shooting the ball after shooting space is called and if that should be an automatic dangerous shot penalty , which it should not. [/quote]

Maybe you can't write what you mean? Your quote: "that said there are times when the call is made too late for the shot to be stopped and in that case you cannot call a dangerous shot." --- your statement here is not correct, sorry. You absolutely can call a dangerous shot in that instance. So you want to take another shot at me or do you want to actually learn something?

Page 68 of 200 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 199 200

Link Copied to Clipboard