BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the whole line up that is returning next year, and the year after that jackass. A young team that will build from this year. To bad a stick call determined the game. WB played hard and it was a great game. Congrats to both teams on a great season. RP went from a loosing season last year to a great season this year with a real young team. Next year will even be better.
Originally Posted by Anonymous

So I guess that college line-up and that insane college coaching staff didn't work out to well after all .

Congrats WB

Really ashame that rp was up 9-8 and a stick check call by WB revealed an illegal stick on rp, goal taken away and the rest was history . Yet another year gone by, another dream lost ....Back to the drawing board !

West Babylon wins a wild one 9-8 over Rocky Point.

Just like the college level, if you want to find something wrong with the stick, you just have to look hard enough.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I guess that college line-up and that insane college coaching staff didn't work out to well after all .

Congrats WB

Really ashame that rp was up 9-8 and a stick check call by WB revealed an illegal stick on rp, goal taken away and the rest was history . Yet another year gone by, another dream lost ....Back to the drawing board !

Just like the college level, if you want to find something wrong with the stick, you just have to look hard enough.

College coachng staff ???

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

It was a very entertaining game. I attended the game but had "no skin" in the game so I offer my unbiased opinion and observation.

#16 and #99 had great games, as did the whole WB team.

When you have a clear advantage of talent on the field, as RP had, you have to blame the majority of the outcome on the coaching. Here is my take and I'll take my lumps in responses with an open mind.

1) RP was better offensively and should (could) have just ground out goals. Instead they try to score spectacular, "ESPN highlight" type goals. It made no sense. Just rushing the offensive sets. You don't get credit for 1.5 if it's pretty.

2) For the first 40 minutes the defense just stood around; no movement. It wasn't until the last 10 minutes (and really the last 5) that the defense applied pressure. WB was rattled by the pressure. Where was that the first 40 minutes? You have the better players, on paper at least, so use them.

3) With 9:30 left RP changes goalies for the third time, with the score 8-8. The goalie was stellar, making three point blank stops. She was clearly the better of the three goalies. Why put her in at 9:30 (to all the goalie folks out there--we all know that's a tough spot to put a goalie in)?

Finally, the stick check. The RP player's stick was obviously bad. You could see it from the stands. The ref checked, re-checked and checked again. It looked like he was trying to find the stick as bad. He was really doing the opposite. He was trying in vain to make that stick good. He had another ref look at it as well. It was a bad stick. The stick check on the WB player's winning goal was fast--because the stick was not even close to being bad.

A tip of the cap to WB. They never let the game get away and with 12 seconds left their best player had the ball and scores as time runs out.

User
User
SWR vs Mt. Sinai was one of the best games played by both teams that this amazing rivalry has ever seen.
A back and forth thriller that saw Mt. Sinai tie the game with ONE SECOND LEFT and eventually win in overtime. Both teams played their hearts out and the quality of lacrosse was very high.
Congratulations to the Mustangs and SWR on a game well played. Stay tuned for more class C fireworks as Mt. Sinai takes on BBP!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

It was a very entertaining game. I attended the game but had "no skin" in the game so I offer my unbiased opinion and observation.

When you have a clear advantage of talent on the field, as RP had, you have to blame the majority of the outcome on the coaching. Here is my take and I'll take my lumps in responses with an open mind.

1) RP was better offensively and should (could) have just ground out goals. Instead they try to score spectacular, "ESPN highlight" type goals. It made no sense. Just rushing the offensive sets. You don't get credit for 1.5 if it's pretty.

2) For the first 40 minutes the defense just stood around; no movement. It wasn't until the last 10 minutes (and really the last 5) that the defense applied pressure. WB was rattled by the pressure. Where was that the first 40 minutes? You have the better players, on paper at least, so use them.

3) With 9:30 left RP changes goalies for the third time, with the score 8-8. The goalie was stellar, making three point blank stops. She was clearly the better of the three goalies. Why put her in at 9:30 (to all the goalie folks out there--we all know that's a tough spot to put a goalie in)?

Finally, the stick check. The RP player's stick was obviously bad. You could see it from the stands. The ref checked, re-checked and checked again. It looked like he was trying to find the stick as bad. He was really doing the opposite. He was trying in vain to make that stick good. He had another ref look at it as well. It was a bad stick. The stick check on the WB player's winning goal was fast--because the stick was not even close to being bad.

A tip of the cap to WB. They never let the game get away and with 12 seconds left their best player had the ball and scores as time runs out.

There only player... You are correct regarding pressure, none of the wb except the star could handle the pressure, but rp coach figured it out way to late, should have been easy win for rp

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"When you have a clear advantage of talent on the field, as RP had, you have to blame the majority of the outcome on the coaching. Here is my take and I'll take my lumps in responses with an open mind."

Amazing that people who have no affiliation can see the problem with a program . One , two many chiefs on the sideline sending out mixed messages . Its clearly dysfunctional and yes with talent like that , let the HEAD coach be held accountable for ALLOWING the failures which unfolded . Its was all in the coaching at this point , which obviously seems uncertain and open for suggestions from the outside .

Originally Posted by baldbear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortuntly many LI coaches have no idea. Talent usually carries the day but in this instance it didn't. Not to bring the YJ's into it but I will, no different there where girls in college or just out are left to coach teams. Yes the coaches were good players, but not good coaches but when you have really good players most of the time it works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point coaching staff should be fired. There is no excuse for the game plan they came up with. And they got beat by WB in OT a month ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point coaching staff should be fired. There is no excuse for the game plan they came up with. And they got beat by WB in OT a month ago.

Does RP still have the parent that coaches the team from the stands?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.K Boot Camp Mikey and Lil'Parisi. Trying to weasel your way into the Varsity coaching spot, with all your trolls on the side line that been drinking cool-aid. A guy that never played a day in his life and doesn't even know how to hold a stick knows more than DS, but watched some YJ practices. Yea, please fire a Spallina for a daddy coach that never played. Good luck with that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can any defense allow a girl to go from midfield to the goal with 12 seconds left without fouling. Here is where the stupid foul rules work in the defenses favor. Foul until the clock runs out and take your chances in OT. You knew she was going straight to the net. She had 5 of the 8 goals at the time. Doesn't take a defensive genius to figure out what's going to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea it's the coaches fault the kid had an illegal stick that would of won the game ?!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon has had pretty much 2 similar games in the playoffs in regards to scoring. Box scores are very similar. They will not beat ESM with only 3 names in the box score. They tried this earlier in the season and ESM handled it very well. Close game slipped away in about 5 minutes in the second half for WB and their offense couldn't get anything going with ESM knowing exactly what was coming. All WB starting offensive players can and have scored this year when given the opportunity. If they play a balanced team offense then they have a shot in this game. I don't know if a 6 seed has ever won the B division but I would sure like to see it happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im impressed RP had a game plan! I wish our coaches would ever have one, regardless of the outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.K Boot Camp Mikey and Lil'Parisi. Trying to weasel your way into the Varsity coaching spot, with all your trolls on the side line that been drinking cool-aid. A guy that never played a day in his life and doesn't even know how to hold a stick knows more than DS, but watched some YJ practices. Yea, please fire a Spallina for a daddy coach that never played. Good luck with that.

Say what you want but there is no way that the RP coaching staff can allow the WB star to score 6 goals against them in a County Semi-Final game. The two teams played each other earlier. The coaches should have learned something from that game.

Credit to WB players and coaches, very few teams have been able to game plan against them over the past 2-3 years and the WB coaches continually came up w/ a game plan to ensure their stars got the ball in crucial games/situations. WB almost beat WI in playoffs a few years ago, beat ESM down the stretch last year then beat Huntington in playoffs. This year they are County finalists!... Best of luck girls, great job.

And Rocky Point will be back and do well next year. Team and coaches will learn from this...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does RP still have the parent that coaches the team from the stands?

He's on the sideline now - JV coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You lost to get over it. West Babylon is going all the way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM doubled them up in first game of the season (14-7)
Don't see the result being much different this time around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent "coach" had his plan all along , and sold it to paid coach last year . Both should be held accountable along with the AD and school board . You do not allow outside parent influence on any HS sport team in a HS town program UNLESS that outside PARENT source is well qualified and proven and a prime example would be the Paid Coaches Brother who is far more superior then any parent on the island when it comes to LAX . The District was bamboozled . And you people
sit back and truly think your getting your way with a youth lacrosse coach leading the parade !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want but there is no way that the RP coaching staff can allow the WB star to score 6 goals against them in a County Semi-Final game. The two teams played each other earlier. The coaches should have learned something from that game.

Credit to WB players and coaches, very few teams have been able to game plan against them over the past 2-3 years and the WB coaches continually came up w/ a game plan to ensure their stars got the ball in crucial games/situations. WB almost beat WI in playoffs a few years ago, beat ESM down the stretch last year then beat Huntington in playoffs. This year they are County finalists!... Best of luck girls, great job.

And Rocky Point will be back and do well next year. Team and coaches will learn from this...

I have to agree on the first comment. This player has over 70 goals this year and everyone knows she is the straw that stirs the drink at WB on offense. She had 3 out of the 8 goals in their first meeting. Wouldn't you at least try to face guard her with your best athlete? She has 20 assists and I am sure she is a good feeder but let's be honest she is a scorer. As soon as she gets the ball hit her with a double team. Perhaps a backer zone to help double her. Did RP do any of that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter plays YJ w that RP jv coaches daughter. Let's just say everyone thinks he's a joke and NOT well liked. For the record as well knows nothing about the game other than to tell his daughter to go to cage . RP would do well to get that guy away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're much better from the last time they played. We will just have to wait and see…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the conference opener for both teams back on March 29th. We'll see what both teams have learned since then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh here we go again!!! The Rocky Point Haters ride again. The young ladies lost a close one due to a Subjective Ref call and all you can do is hyper focus on a parent coach. That parent coach was on the sideline for most of RP Varsity games and was an integral part of every practice. JV and Varsity practice together. This was not the case last year. Look at their record this year compared to last, maybe he worked well with DS and his assistant and had a positive influence. But you will just continue blaming one person that you don't agree with. TID!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM DOUBLES THEM AGAIN!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent "coach" had his plan all along , and sold it to paid coach last year . Both should be held accountable along with the AD and school board . You do not allow outside parent influence on any HS sport team in a HS town program UNLESS that outside PARENT source is well qualified and proven and a prime example would be the Paid Coaches Brother who is far more superior then any parent on the island when it comes to LAX . The District was bamboozled . And you people
sit back and truly think your getting your way with a youth lacrosse coach leading the parade !

I hope you are correct
New AD coming to RP for 2016/2017 school year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to watch BBP for a third time last night. Couple of footnotes.

1) BBP rides about as well as any team out there
2) They game plan well and will lock off others teams best player and try to take the ball from their weaker players.( Last night they double faceguarded the other team and pressured all the other players.
3)They are vulnerable at the draw
4)In the 3 games I have watched they get a lot of calls that go their way, especially their best player.
5)They have several players (not their best) who are constantly doing the NBA flop in the 8 and yes they get the call.
6)They handle the ball well , do not have many unforced turnovers.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

How can any defense allow a girl to go from midfield to the goal with 12 seconds left without fouling. Here is where the stupid foul rules work in the defenses favor. Foul until the clock runs out and take your chances in OT. You knew she was going straight to the net. She had 5 of the 8 goals at the time. Doesn't take a defensive genius to figure out what's going to happen.

That is a great point I failed to mention. Fouling would disrupt the play but also a double (triple?) team off the whistle to force her to pass off the ball. The defense actually collapsed at the whistle. RP let their best player make a play--and she did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh here we go again!!! The Rocky Point Haters ride again. The young ladies lost a close one due to a Subjective Ref call and all you can do is hyper focus on a parent coach. That parent coach was on the sideline for most of RP Varsity games and was an integral part of every practice. JV and Varsity practice together. This was not the case last year. Look at their record this year compared to last, maybe he worked well with DS and his assistant and had a positive influence. But you will just continue blaming one person that you don't agree with. TID!!

Behind every sucessful person lies a pack of Haters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're much better from the last time they played. We will just have to wait and see…

Both teams obviously have improved since the beginning of the season. ESM shutting out Miller Place yesterday speaks volumes about how much stronger their defense has gotten since the beginning of the season. West Babylon is not a team to be taken lightly. They are very good at hiding their weaknesses and using their strengths. I am sure this will be a very good game. Congratulations to all teams that made it to counties and all the teams that played in the semis. All close games except for the ESM Miller Place game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup correct success on being manipulative.

quote=Anonymous]

Behind every sucessful person lies a pack of Haters!

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with the RP JV next year coach. Thanks for posting and apparenntly teaching DS all that he knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope DS knows or has a hint of the sideline chatter about this topic of taking over , is it keep your friends close and your enemies closer ? Or is he really oblivious ?

Good luck with the RP JV next year coach. Thanks for posting and apparenntly teaching DS all that he knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport down 4-0 @ half

WI up 7-4 at half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the BBP vs Mattituck game as well. It is a shame that the officials played as much of a roll in the outcome as they did. Tip of the Hat to Mattituck though for grinding with BBP for a 7-5 final. Another young team with potential, losing 3 starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 11- MC 7 Final

SW 9- NPT 6 Final

User
User
There is a lot of great lacrosse going on and a lot of great girls playing their hearts out. Rocky Poiint included. Maybe the RP bashing has been thoroughly expressed. Point made.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where I could find the rosters for school girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 11- MC 7 Final

SW 9- NPT 6 Final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI 11- MC 7 Final

SW 9- NPT 6 Final

Good matchup but any of the four in the final would have been a good matchup. WI did give SW their only conference loss earlier in the season.

Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard