BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 75 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top 20 and falling fast.

Great! I'd love my daughter to get recruited there. GREAT school, great facilities and great coach. I don't think she could play there if they were #1, but might be able to if they r #10-25. Sounds perfect to me!

Have you ever been there? Evanston? Not so hot. And no worries about that #1 issue.[/quote]

Have you been there?? R u kidding?? Evanston is a great town. As safe as they come and great spot for a college. Has everything, including a short L ride into one of the great cities in our country.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU daddy and Hiller Amonte lover, it is just too much fun to watch you reply over and over. Way too much fun to watch you cling to relevance here on BOTC when you know that it is slipping away both academically and athletically for your princess. You probably pushed her HARD to go there and now you feel the guilt. Its a terrible feeling I bet. I feel bad for you, trying to hold on. Evanston, not too hot. NU, not too hot. Future, not too hot.

Funny thing is there are lots of responders to you not one. Evanston very hot actually:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ricas-Best-Cities-to-Live-275456781.html

NU one of the top universities in the country. In fact there is a VERY short list of schools with equal or better academics and locations ... To each their own, but you ought to find another avenue to vent your frustrations.

Which leads to a broader topic: If what your daughter wanted in a school was great academics, a big sports scene and a competitive lacrosse program (let's say upper half of whatever conference they are in), what are some of the places you would look at. What are the pros and cons of each. Anyone with daughters who have had either particularly good or bad experiences at certain places that you could share? Thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU daddy and Hiller Amonte lover, it is just too much fun to watch you reply over and over. Way too much fun to watch you cling to relevance here on BOTC when you know that it is slipping away both academically and athletically for your princess. You probably pushed her HARD to go there and now you feel the guilt. Its a terrible feeling I bet. I feel bad for you, trying to hold on. Evanston, not too hot. NU, not too hot. Future, not too hot.

It's too much fun watching you make a fool of yourself and waste so much of your time over a subject you seem to care so little about (obviously you aren't dealing with your kid's rejection too well:))

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^as one of the moderators said on another thread "Don't Feed The Troll"

Mister Northwestern Hater is the definition of Troll

Ignore him and he will fade into obscurity....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I enjoyed the Syracuse vs USC game this afternoon... The stick checks at the end put a damper on things...I can't see a reason (nor think of any comparable rule in other sports) where the refs need to bring out measuring tape and measure the stringing.. #12 on Syracuse had her stick removed after the refs unwrapped some tape around the shaft... Anyone want to venture a guess what the issue was here.. The commentators were clueless... They thought it was a USC stick.. Even though you could clearly see it said cuse along the shaft..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats even funnier is I do not have a kid in college nor do I want my kid to go to NU but I think when a flaccid moron like you come on here to bash college age girls someone should let you know how pathetic you sound. Let me guess your wife is a fat slob so you pick on the physique of young women to make yourself feel better. Your kid could not get into a top academic or lacrosse school so you degrade these girls because you are embarrassed of yours. Every time you post on here its just an indication of how pathetic you are. your new name will be flaccid little loser, FLL

you are so weird..

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I enjoyed the Syracuse vs USC game this afternoon... The stick checks at the end put a damper on things...I can't see a reason (nor think of any comparable rule in other sports) where the refs need to bring out measuring tape and measure the stringing.. #12 on Syracuse had her stick removed after the refs unwrapped some tape around the shaft... Anyone want to venture a guess what the issue was here.. The commentators were clueless... They thought it was a USC stick.. Even though you could clearly see it said cuse along the shaft..

The USC/Syracuse game today was highly entertaining, much more so that the Stony Brook/Syracuse game. My opinion on some of your comments.

The stick rules are so complex, starting this year, that the refs have no choice but to break out the measuring tape. I'm not sure what the issue was with #12 of Syracuse but whatever it was it seemed Coach Gait was ticked off at the player more than the refs. The loose tape seems to to have exposed something.

The commentators were clueless. After the stick foul they said they were waiting for Trainor to enter the circle for the draw; it was USC ball by virtue of the stick foul. When play started there was no mention at all. It just wasn't this game either. The NC/ND game commentary was no better.

The pace of this game was great. Both of these teams will do well in the shot clock era to begin next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^as one of the moderators said on another thread "Don't Feed The Troll"

Mister Northwestern Hater is the definition of Troll

Ignore him and he will fade into obscurity....

You can't do it. The worry eats at you. The end is near and NU is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats even funnier is I do not have a kid in college nor do I want my kid to go to NU but I think when a flaccid moron like you come on here to bash college age girls someone should let you know how pathetic you sound. Let me guess your wife is a fat slob so you pick on the physique of young women to make yourself feel better. Your kid could not get into a top academic or lacrosse school so you degrade these girls because you are embarrassed of yours. Every time you post on here its just an indication of how pathetic you are. your new name will be flaccid little loser, FLL

you are so weird..

I agree this guy used the f word twice. I wouldn't want to use that word and college women's Lacrosse in the same post. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

The USC/Syracuse game today was highly entertaining, much more so that the Stony Brook/Syracuse game. My opinion on some of your comments.

The stick rules are so complex, starting this year, that the refs have no choice but to break out the measuring tape. I'm not sure what the issue was with #12 of Syracuse but whatever it was it seemed Coach Gait was ticked off at the player more than the refs. The loose tape seems to to have exposed something.

The commentators were clueless. After the stick foul they said they were waiting for Trainor to enter the circle for the draw; it was USC ball by virtue of the stick foul. When play started there was no mention at all. It just wasn't this game either. The NC/ND game commentary was no better.

The pace of this game was great. Both of these teams will do well in the shot clock era to begin next year.

You're right about Gait, #12 never came back in the game even in OT.
I quess that's my point.. Do the stick rules need to be so complex? how much of an advantage is really gained by a 2 inch space over a 1.5 inch space.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Here's the problem with women's lacrosse in college---

D1-3 of the four teams from last year's final four; thanks Penn St!
D3-the same final four as last year
D2-At least someone beat Adelphi, but Florida Southern lost to D3 Hamilton this year (their last loss, in fact)

I don't mind some dominant teams (you always need a bad guy in the mix) but if it's the same teams year in and year out. The sport will not grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D2-At least someone beat Adelphi, but Florida Southern lost to D3 Hamilton this year (their last loss, in fact)

I don't mind some dominant teams (you always need a bad guy in the mix) but if it's the same teams year in and year out. The sport will not grow.

Couldn't agree more. Only 5 different teams have won over the last 25 years. That's terrible for the sport and that's why ratings and attendance are terrible. Somehow more teams need to get into the mix. With the growth of the sport the talent level is even more watered down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more. Only 5 different teams have won over the last 25 years. That's terrible for the sport and that's why ratings and attendance are terrible. Somehow more teams need to get into the mix. With the growth of the sport the talent level is even more watered down

Even worse, talent very concentrated at the very top (say top 4) and then a group to the top ten and then watered down after that for a HUGE gap. Terrible for the ladies game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are so weird..

I mean yeah it gets rough and no one pulls any punches in here that's fine. but commenting on what a guys tackle is doing or not doing(flaccid) that just crosses way over into the realm of creepy and really gross. get some help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right about Gait, #12 never came back in the game even in OT.
I quess that's my point.. Do the stick rules need to be so complex? how much of an advantage is really gained by a 2 inch space over a 1.5 inch space.

Her head was illegal because it didn't have a screw in it. Head was kept on by tape. Don't know what advantage that would giver her, but it was a penalty none the less. Refs can find something wrong with every stick if they look hard enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can bet if it was a disadvantage, she would have fixed it...Why the need for a ruler if it was the screw being illegal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can bet if it was a disadvantage, she would have fixed it...Why the need for a ruler if it was the screw being illegal?

And there is no equipment kit with screws? Is it like the nerd with tape on his/her glasses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there is no equipment kit with screws? Is it like the nerd with tape on his/her glasses?

all the stick challenges and violations was just part of the problem to me. I though the game stunk. lots of standing, horrible zone defense, not an entertaining game at all. the game is less fun every time I watch seems like. maybe its just me..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all the stick challenges and violations was just part of the problem to me. I though the game stunk. lots of standing, horrible zone defense, not an entertaining game at all. the game is less fun every time I watch seems like. maybe its just me..

Game is broken no doubt. Not fun to watch, slower every day, more choppy. Hopefully the speed picks up with the shot clock and its not just a excuse for certain people to pad stats even more. TEAM GAME!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Rule Change: Appendix B Section 2: Recessed screws must be used to attach the head of a plastic/molded crosse to the handle.

Keyword being RECESSED. Added as of 2016.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game is broken no doubt. Not fun to watch, slower every day, more choppy. Hopefully the speed picks up with the shot clock and its not just a excuse for certain people to pad stats even more. TEAM GAME!!!!!

how about this? where are the fast breaks any more? SU v USC was just long, gut wrenching clears with ball carriers getting trapped and reversing, plenty of turnovers and steal by the ride. I know good defense counts too but that was pretty ugly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how about this? where are the fast breaks any more? SU v USC was just long, gut wrenching clears with ball carriers getting trapped and reversing, plenty of turnovers and steal by the ride. I know good defense counts too but that was pretty ugly

Do you think the fact that the athletes like every other sport are bigger faster stronger plays a role in how hard these girls ride ?
Everyone loves to come on here and talk and they have very little knowledge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Rule Change: Appendix B Section 2: Recessed screws must be used to attach the head of a plastic/molded crosse to the handle.

Keyword being RECESSED. Added as of 2016.

and maybe im dense but if it protruded by a 32nd of an inch its dangerous or gives an advantage how? Kindergarten kids getting recruiting, nobody watching the playoffs, kids being held back in for club recruiting, game has never been slower and this is what they are worried about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Do you think the fact that the athletes like every other sport are bigger faster stronger plays a role in how hard these girls ride ?
Everyone loves to come on here and talk and they have very little knowledge [/quote]

Simple question, is the game better today than it was a few years ago? I would argue no so the evolution of players and the tactics employed by todays coaches are making the game less enjoyable. Attendance and interest has been going backwards for a decade. That's a problem. The sport needs more than the players moms and dads watching. So I would say bigger stronger players wasn't the answer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Everyone loves to come on here and talk and they have very little knowledge

Simple question, is the game better today than it was a few years ago? I would argue no so the evolution of players and the tactics employed by todays coaches are making the game less enjoyable. Attendance and interest has been going backwards for a decade. That's a problem. The sport needs more than the players moms and dads watching. So I would say bigger stronger players wasn't the answer [/quote]

Are you saying the sport is better when the players are less athletic/bigger/stronger is the stupidest thing aver. Just amazingly stupid. Is there a word that is ultra-stupid?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I think the shot clock is going to create an even more messy game than we have now. It is a 90 second possession clock; a good ride is going to give teams little time to set up a good offensive look. Result is going to be a lot of crashing to the goal, ill advised shots and turnovers. I've seen trial games with quality players and it is a messy affair. There will be times that the offense will dump the ball past the end line if they can't get a shot off just to let the opposition have an entire field to clear. It's messy.

How about doing away with face guarding? I just love watching a team's best player watch the game from near the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the bigger stronger girl can't run like the wind then I will take a less big, less strong girl with speed. Too much plodding and hacking in todays game. No can argue that the game isn't slower today then it used to be.

No one is saying they aren't incredible athletes but for the people arguing that since the girls are "ripped" they are better players is just silly.

Training in the gym non stop and having natural athleticism on the field are two different things

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the bigger stronger girl can't run like the wind then I will take a less big, less strong girl with speed. Too much plodding and hacking in todays game. No can argue that the game isn't slower today then it used to be.

No one is saying they aren't incredible athletes but for the people arguing that since the girls are "ripped" they are better players is just silly.

Training in the gym non stop and having natural athleticism on the field are two different things

You honestly sound clueless. The players today are faster than they used to be its just that the defenders have become equally fast and athletic. Used to be that if you were not fast or skilled enough you play defense not so much now. The coaches want to win so if in their experience training in the gym equates into being better players they will do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You honestly sound clueless. The players today are faster than they used to be its just that the defenders have become equally fast and athletic. Used to be that if you were not fast or skilled enough you play defense not so much now. The coaches want to win so if in their experience training in the gym equates into being better players they will do it.

Have you watched many of this years playoff games? Very tough to get through watching a whole game. Coaching is a large part of it but it's still not fun to watch unless you have a rooting interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about sounding clueless. Good coaches do not put slow players on defense. Attack is the only position where you can get away with being slow . IQ and good skill can allow a player to excel on Attack with limited speed / quickness . Maybe bad HS and youth coaches put less athletic kids on D but good coaches know the importance of Defense and how difficult it is to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about sounding clueless. Good coaches do not put slow players on defense. Attack is the only position where you can get away with being slow . IQ and good skill can allow a player to excel on Attack with limited speed / quickness . Maybe bad HS and youth coaches put less athletic kids on D but good coaches know the importance of Defense and how difficult it is to play.

Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding. Yes todays defenders are ultra athletic which is exactly the point .Watched many a girls lacrosse game in the late 90's and the defensive players were not as athletic, especially when compared to the middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the shot clock is going to create an even more messy game than we have now. It is a 90 second possession clock; a good ride is going to give teams little time to set up a good offensive look. Result is going to be a lot of crashing to the goal, ill advised shots and turnovers. I've seen trial games with quality players and it is a messy affair. There will be times that the offense will dump the ball past the end line if they can't get a shot off just to let the opposition have an entire field to clear. It's messy.

How about doing away with face guarding? I just love watching a team's best player watch the game from near the sideline.

correct on all counts. the whole notion of shooting space works directly against a shot clock. the fact that theres 10 seconds left doesn't magically mean you have a any type of lane to the goal.. its a joke.

better idea would be ban the zone, make the restraining line higher, and how about 6 in the zone instead of 7?? these girls are all bulked up from deadlifts,squats and benching and there's no room for any offense at all. great players like Traynor can barely get a shot off. its horrible to watch..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

correct on all counts. the whole notion of shooting space works directly against a shot clock. the fact that theres 10 seconds left doesn't magically mean you have a any type of lane to the goal.. its a joke.

better idea would be ban the zone, make the restraining line higher, and how about 6 in the zone instead of 7?? these girls are all bulked up from deadlifts,squats and benching and there's no room for any offense at all. great players like Traynor can barely get a shot off. its horrible to watch..

I like the game the way it is. The shot clock will help because it will eliminate the stall. I could care less that Traynor can barely get a shot off. Welcome to the world of competition. The defense caught up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding. Yes todays defenders are ultra athletic which is exactly the point .Watched many a girls lacrosse game in the late 90's and the defensive players were not as athletic, especially when compared to the middies.

thanks Professor. he's gonna struggle on the SAT reading comp section huh? defense hasn't been fun to watch since the 85 Bears. the game is ugly- muscles, clutching, cross-checking and hacking are just dismal to watch. wrestling is never take seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your obsession with women with muscles is creepy. Very creepy. The genie is out of the bottle, women will never again be the little China dolls you are so fond of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You guys can argue about muscles but the game is a joke. Other sports are laughing at us unless you are a lifelong lacrosse insider and apologist. I just want the game faster and cleaner and played as a team and if that means going to a foul progression system lets do it. Get the hackers out of the game, lets open it and make the game great again" Donald J Trump

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your obsession with women with muscles is creepy. Very creepy. The genie is out of the bottle, women will never again be the little China dolls you are so fond of.

Now that is funny. He is creepy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Banning an entire defensive scheme, cutting out 2 players, or making the restraining lines further away are all ridiculous ideas. How will any of that help the game? They need to go to a progressive foul system because that will stop the unnecessary hacking used to stop momentum, coaches and players will not be so quick to foul if the know there better players will wind up on the bench. The quick start sucks, make it the same as the men's game. There should be a continuation of play rule, if there is obstruction, they should hang the flag until the scoring play ends, or a shot is taken. Stop penalizing the offense for a defensive mistake. If the shooter takes a dangerous shot in that case it should be a 2 minute unreleasable penalty. Only 3 woman between restraining lines on the draw. Let's see how the 90 second clock works next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great points. Taking the goal back out of the cage after a defensive penalty is the biggest joke. Continuation of a shot in basketball= 3 point play, delayed penalty in hockey, advantage in soccer, throw the flag in football for pass interference, let play play out and have option of accepting the catch or penalty but in girls lacrosse take a goal away and make them re- earn it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that is funny. He is creepy.

you guys are a couple short years from going to your wife and saying 'sorry honey, but I like guys' and in this day and age that will be totally fine. people are ready for this stuff. let it rip.. gonna be fine.

Page 25 of 75 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard