BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 46 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are numbers from NYSPHSAA for girls lacrosse 16/17 school year
A 1075+
B 790-1074
C 475-789
D 474-below
Now go check the enrollment for next year and get back to us about the accuracy of the list that was posted.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class C Suffolk Schools 2017
11 Westhampton Beach Senior High School 741
11 Sayville High School 736
11 Amityville Memorial High School 716
11 Islip High School 703
11 Miller Place High School 668
11 East Hampton High School 660
11 Shoreham-Wading River High School 615
11 Mount Sinai High School 599
11 Elwood/John Glenn High School 581
11 Bayport-Blue Point High School 565
11 Hampton Bays High School 500
11 Wyandanch Memorial High School 485
11 Southampton High School 480 [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 Class A Suffolk Schools

11 Brentwood High School 4451
11 William Floyd High School 2043
11 Longwood High School 2014
11 Patchogue-Medford High School 1865
11 Ward Melville Senior High School 1786
11 Sachem High School East 1767
11 Commack High School 1710
11 Sachem High School North 1690
11 Lindenhurst Senior High School 1539
11 Central Islip Senior High School 1537
11 Connetquot High School 1515
11 Northport Senior High School 1473
11 Bay Shore Senior High School 1469
11 Walt Whitman High School 1436
11 Half Hollow Hills High School East 1369
11 Riverhead Senior High School 1272
11 Smithtown High School-West 1238
11 Smithtown High School East 1224
11 Walter G O'Connell Copiague High School 1200
11 Newfield High School 1180
11 Centereach High School 1120
11 North Babylon High School 1114
11 West Islip Senior High School 1114
11 Huntington High School 1087
Is this for 10th ,11th and 12th grades only? My daughters school is listed above but it's about 500 kids short if representing grades 9-12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a parent of two of the players (sisters). It was a tough week for the girls and the entire team. Great group of young ladies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau B is going to be a blast. I think they showed last week how much better they are then everyone else

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC will beat LB to go to final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!! That's some bold prediction

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think A is the most open of the three as you can make a case for any of the teams.
In B, people can say that ESM didn't have a great year and if they had to play BBP Mt Sinai, or SWR, they would lose but they don't have to play them! Can't see them losing to MP, even thought they are down the girl who was 2nd in goals on the team and the first game vs MP was a two goal game. WB/RP was a close game the first time around; I think RP has more overall talent but WB has the best player.
C has four good teams playing BBP should take care of a solid Mattituck team and SWR Mt Sinai should be some game. BBP is undefeated for a reason but SWR played them close In Suffolk A the strength of teams is a bit down from last year and agree with you, it is up for grabs. B the strength of teams has fallen off a cliff from last year. ESM still best but a shadow of what they were last year. RP has a better player by far over WB, neither team very strong and no chance to take counties. In C, MT Sinai clearly not the team from last year and the only team in Suffolk to actually look much stronger this year than last is BBP. A and B will not even make it off of LI this year, BBP will take states.and if MT Sinai wins vs SWR, they did get whooped by BBP the first time but in Mt Sinai's case, you can throw that out the window and they are defending state C champs.
Good lacrosse coming up indeed!

In Suffolk A the strength of teams is a bit down from last year and agree with you, it is up for grabs. B the strength of teams has fallen off a cliff from last year. ESM still best but a shadow of what they were last year. RP has a better player by far over WB, neither team very strong and no chance to take counties. In C, MT Sinai clearly not the team from last year and the only team in Suffolk to actually look much stronger this year than last is BBP. A and B will not even make it off of LI this year, BBP will take states.

Suffolk A not up for grabs at all and not sure it was down at all. West Islip might be a little off from the past two years and Northport is not very deep. But Middle Country and Smithtown West are both very good.

No, not up for grabs at all. Only the four teams listed above ever had a chance at winning. Who else would you say had a shot? Smithtown East? The East side will have to wait until the schools combine before they win unless they allow the West coaching staff to split time. Sachem East? Sachem North? Sachem might have to go back to one school as well in order to win. What happened to Bay Shore? They have had success in the past. Ward Melville? Pretenders as usual, program is a mess, weak coaching. HHH? Not going to happen. Commack? I am surprised they are not better. Motivated community, youth sports are usually strong in multiple sports. The rest of the teams really have no chance, they simply do not have enough interest at the youth level by the time kids are in HS it is too late.

No, not up for grabs at all. I don't even think it is up for grabs between the final four. But hey, you never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think A is the most open of the three as you can make a case for any of the teams.
In B, people can say that ESM didn't have a great year and if they had to play BBP Mt Sinai, or SWR, they would lose but they don't have to play them! Can't see them losing to MP, even thought they are down the girl who was 2nd in goals on the team and the first game vs MP was a two goal game. WB/RP was a close game the first time around; I think RP has more overall talent but WB has the best player.
C has four good teams playing BBP should take care of a solid Mattituck team and SWR Mt Sinai should be some game. BBP is undefeated for a reason but SWR played them close In Suffolk A the strength of teams is a bit down from last year and agree with you, it is up for grabs. B the strength of teams has fallen off a cliff from last year. ESM still best but a shadow of what they were last year. RP has a better player by far over WB, neither team very strong and no chance to take counties. In C, MT Sinai clearly not the team from last year and the only team in Suffolk to actually look much stronger this year than last is BBP. A and B will not even make it off of LI this year, BBP will take states.and if MT Sinai wins vs SWR, they did get whooped by BBP the first time but in Mt Sinai's case, you can throw that out the window and they are defending state C champs.
Good lacrosse coming up indeed!

In Suffolk A the strength of teams is a bit down from last year and agree with you, it is up for grabs. B the strength of teams has fallen off a cliff from last year. ESM still best but a shadow of what they were last year. RP has a better player by far over WB, neither team very strong and no chance to take counties. In C, MT Sinai clearly not the team from last year and the only team in Suffolk to actually look much stronger this year than last is BBP. A and B will not even make it off of LI this year, BBP will take states.

Suffolk A not up for grabs at all and not sure it was down at all. West Islip might be a little off from the past two years and Northport is not very deep. But Middle Country and Smithtown West are both very good.

No, not up for grabs at all. Only the four teams listed above ever had a chance at winning. Who else would you say had a shot? Smithtown East? The East side will have to wait until the schools combine before they win unless they allow the West coaching staff to split time. Sachem East? Sachem North? Sachem might have to go back to one school as well in order to win. What happened to Bay Shore? They have had success in the past. Ward Melville? Pretenders as usual, program is a mess, weak coaching. HHH? Not going to happen. Commack? I am surprised they are not better. Motivated community, youth sports are usually strong in multiple sports. The rest of the teams really have no chance, they simply do not have enough interest at the youth level by the time kids are in HS it is too late.

No, not up for grabs at all. I don't even think it is up for grabs between the final four. But hey, you never know.

Why do you think the coaching is so bad at Smithtown East?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while I think Wantagh is a slightly better and deeper team, I am picking Manhasset in a close one. Manhasset coaches will have them ready.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while I think Wantagh is a slightly better and deeper team, I am picking Manhasset in a close one. Manhasset coaches will have them ready.

I don't think Wantagh is deeper than Manhasset, but do agree that this will be a really close one. I agree - Manhasset by 1 - maybe in OT.

If Manhasset plays GC, who do you think comes out on top in that one? GC won the regular season game, but they haven't fared well in the semis or county play off games over the past few years. I'd say the Manhasset coach wins that one too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think Wantagh is deeper than Manhasset, but do agree that this will be a really close one. I agree - Manhasset by 1 - maybe in OT.

If Manhasset plays GC, who do you think comes out on top in that one? GC won the regular season game, but they haven't fared well in the semis or county play off games over the past few years. I'd say the Manhasset coach wins that one too.

Girls lacrosse or boys lacrosse at Wantagh will always be out coached....that is a fact, year after year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset and wantagh coaches coach together in the summer. They know each other's style pretty well. Hopefully it is a good game to watch and not decided by the refs.

Girls lacrosse or boys lacrosse at Wantagh will always be out coached....that is a fact, year after year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A is 1075 and up

B is 1074 to 790

C is 789 to 475

D is 474 and down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is like many schools. Just heard over the weekend that South Side girls lacrosse coach has finally retired after 25 years!! She never played the game but she was a teacher at the school who wanted to earn more money. Kids deserve better in all schools! If you don't have coaches who know how to teach and coach the game you will never give kids a chance to win a championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that is bad but that is the way the system works. What is worse is actually hiring a coach from the outside that is horrible and taking years to finally get rid of her. The good thing is we actually hired a YJ coach this year and made the playoffs. The shame is that we had good talent the last few years and the coach had girls playing out of place and she had a hard on for certain girls. A lot of the girls we had who graduated are lighting it up in D1-3 schools so I don't think it was the talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You still need to be fingerprinted and take the coaching courses to be certified as a coach in school sports. Most coaches in schools - teachers or not - have yearly terms. There is no tenure for coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is like many schools. Just heard over the weekend that South Side girls lacrosse coach has finally retired after 25 years!! She never played the game but she was a teacher at the school who wanted to earn more money. Kids deserve better in all schools! If you don't have coaches who know how to teach and coach the game you will never give kids a chance to win a championship.

South Side Administration hates athletics and athletes! A shame !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You still need to be fingerprinted and take the coaching courses to be certified as a coach in school sports. Most coaches in schools - teachers or not - have yearly terms. There is no tenure for coaching.

Correct, but the character of the kids and the coach takes precedent over winning. The school board is not going to get rid of a coach due to the record if the girls or boys are being "coached". Winning is not the priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our school has been through the political BS of hiring a YJ coach and it was a lost couple of years. Thing is I could coach the yJ because they are stacked with talent. All these know it all parents that run the booster clubs should keep out of it. They push their summer coaches and summer programs just to suck up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset - Wantagh very close game but Manhasset D is weak and they rely too heavily on their Soph to get their goals. If Wantagh shuts her down, and control the draw their depth at all positions will carry the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset - Wantagh very close game but Manhasset D is weak and they rely too heavily on their Soph to get their goals. If Wantagh shuts her down, and control the draw their depth at all positions will carry the day.

the wantagh defense isn't much stronger than Manhasset. Wantagh beat manhasset by 1 in the regular season. The soph you refer to didn't play. Wantagh may have their hands full. I'm sure it will be a great game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Side Administration hates athletics and athletes! A shame !!

Yet girls soccer wins the states every other year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because South Side soccer players are coming into the HS program from very strong youth soccer programs. Just like going into an IVY league school, the IVY isn't making them "smarter" they are coming in well prepared and smart to begin with. Go to towns that have zero youth lacrosse programs i.e.. West Hempstead, Malverne/East Rock. Valley Stream, their programs have been in existence at HS level for years, yet they barely win more than 2 games a year for decades. There are no youth lacrosse programs in those towns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because South Side soccer players are coming into the HS program from very strong youth soccer programs. Just like going into an IVY league school, the IVY isn't making them "smarter" they are coming in well prepared and smart to begin with. Go to towns that have zero youth lacrosse programs i.e.. West Hempstead, Malverne/East Rock. Valley Stream, their programs have been in existence at HS level for years, yet they barely win more than 2 games a year for decades. There are no youth lacrosse programs in those towns.

So the lacrosse kids aren't coming in to south side as prepared as the soccer kids? All SS athletes have the same lack of support. Admins and coaches don't make great HS players. The kids have to put the time in. In our town we have a handful of girls who put the time in, the rest don't so even with an OK coach, we are bounced in the 1st round every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One problem with SS girls lacrosse is that you lose 10 or so kids every freshman class to Privates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. She got back on D. Get facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One problem with SS girls lacrosse is that you lose 10 or so kids every freshman class to Privates
10 is probably high but every school has the same issues. Its not like SS is the slums its a great school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I stand corrected. Her D was very limited. and your TG ref was horrible and clearly biased. Good luck today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I stand corrected. Her D was very limited. and your TG ref was horrible and clearly biased. Good luck today.

this must be a Manhasset Wantagh thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think so, unless Manhasset or Wantagh need luck today in practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this must be a Manhasset Wantagh thing

Wantagh and Manhasset do not play until Thursday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are section 11 playoff games on for today ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon wins a wild one 9-8 over Rocky Point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ashame that rp was up 9-8 and a stick check call by WB revealed an illegal stick on rp, goal taken away and the rest was history . Yet another year gone by, another dream lost ....Back to the drawing board !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM shuts out Miller Place 10-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ashame that rp was up 9-8 and a stick check call by WB revealed an illegal stick on rp, goal taken away and the rest was history . Yet another year gone by, another dream lost ....Back to the drawing board !

Just like the college level, if you want to find something wrong with the stick, you just have to look hard enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I guess that college line-up and that insane college coaching staff didn't work out to well after all .

Congrats WB

Just like the college level, if you want to find something wrong with the stick, you just have to look hard enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't take much of a look after the winner.

Page 33 of 46 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard