BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 77 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you still haven't articulated why club is ruining the game as a whole. Remember, Lacrosse is not only played on LI anymore, and club may be the only option for thousands of kids who don't have a strong local or school program. Believe it or not, even on LI, one of the hotbeds, there are numerous districts which don't have a strong local youth/school lacrosse program. And that's right here on LI. You don't like the fact that these kids wear the wrong helmets to practice. OK, I agree with you there. The coach should put a stop to that. When my kid does the local summer clinic with the high school players/coaches, all of the boys wear the town/school colors and not their club. As a matter of fact, my son plays on one of the bigger club programs here on the Island and the boys on his team wear their high school helmets to club practice! Look, club isn't for everyone, its expensive and involves a lot of time and travel. For some people it works out, for others it doesn't. I will agree that on LI club has become a ridiculous racket, with kids leaving their town programs to play for a C team and get coached by teenagers. That is why I said buyer beware. I still don't think either of your reasons are well articulated cause and effect. Plenty of kids playing in the NCAA today who would not be there but for club lacrosse. You don't like it - we get it, but what is good for you might not necessarily be good for everyone else- and vice versa.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will give you one reason why club teams are ruining the game. What about town pride?? I grew up in a blue collar town but had a great team. I am proud of where I grew up and when ever asked I say it with pride (2 t . the i). The other day I watched a game and all the kids were wearing different helmets from their club teams. The haves and have nots. What happened to school colors.

Brings me to my second reason. People figured out they can make a lot of money off everyone who thinks there kid is the next best thing. Even the equipment companies joined in by raising prices on everything. Do you know all equipment is made the same and do you know what it cost to make a plastic head?? Because of this parents (some anyway) can not afford to buy 2 helmets.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 quality programs and the rest are mediocre at best?!? That statement is ridiculous. So other than 20 programs the talent level on LI is basically below average, as per the clown who posted it.

Once you get past the top programs, yes the talent level is average. Its not a slight on anyone, and there are talented kids all over LI but the programs as a whole are mediocre in comparison. Sorry you feel the need to resort to name calling because your reading comprehension skills and simple awareness skills are lacking. So let me ask you this, how do you think the 21st ranked team on your "list" would fair against the top teams from other regions? If we are so superior your #21 ranked team should be able to beat or compete with the top ranked teams from CT, NJ, Upstate, yes?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
In the past 20 years the club phenomenon has exploded in numbers. Years back there were a few clubs that really dominated the so called club scene. Most of these clubs are still around and playing quality ball at different age groups. When the Long Island Club scene was only a few programs they dominated almost every tournament and recruiting events at every age. This is not to say that they were not great programs in other areas but it seemed the talent level was off the charts on these teams from Long Island. Some of these programs were started out of pure love for the game and others were started out of necessity due to a lack of quality lacrosse in an individuals town. They were started by lacrosse guys who had lacrosse friends and who knew the game inside and out that were willing to have 3 practices a week. When there werent 500 distractions like travel soccer,travel hockey, and all the other distractions kids face today. When it was limited to 1 or even 2 teams per age group and even sometimes not having a team in a certain age the lacrosse was amazing. I am sorry to say the evolution of clubs has resulted in a diluted product on Long Island. There are only so many great coaches and only so many great players to go around who truly are committed to the teams. That is why you see some programs with stronger age groups than others when it used to be a program had strong teams across all age groups. There are so many club teams and town only teams that it makes it difficult for Long Island to put the same quality product on the fields like it used to. Now factor the money aspect. So many people saw and see the $$$$$ and start programs just for the money. That is why you see 3 to 4 teams per age group from one club and they claim AA, A, B, and C ratings of these clubs. When this is occurs you have all the complaints we hear on this site
1. Poor coaching
2. Not enough practices
3. Not enough kids showing up
and a whole slew of other issues. As parents we want to give our kids the opportunity to play. Playing on a club team might be the only way to go for some due to lack of lacrosse in an individuals town or the need to play better caliber with better players for that stud kid who just has it. I know we all think our kids are great but there is a small handful that are the 1% that play the game at an elite level. For the most part these were the kids that used to play on club teams 20 years ago. Now everyone is afforded the opportunity to play club ball and thats fine but remember this, its a diluted product and you always dont get what you pay for. As long as people are willing to pay there will always be club teams of all different calibers.

The expansion of the sport has resulted in clubs popping up across the country. You see these teams doing well because they have 400 kids from a whole state tryout for 25 slots and 1 team. These are like our Long Island programs 20 years ago. It just goes with the territory of the game expanding and being introduced to areas and athletes that never played or heard of lacrosse until recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adrenaline is on Long Island this summer, so it must now be a money grab with weak teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adrenaline is on Long Island this summer, so it must now be a money grab with weak teams.

no; it will be a financial donation for weak teams to give to the cup directors; the same club teams will beat up on any LI HS town club teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adrenaline is a club, invitation-only tournament. They invite top club (10-12)teams from different regions of the country and Canada so athletes from different areas get maximum exposure. They limit the number of teams invited from hotbeds so usually the only teams invited from LI will be 91 and LIE, and MD will be Crabs and Madlax. There will be no "weak" teams there or HS summer teams. Been to this thing twice already and I know the format. Look up the event on their website for more detailed information. Or just do what people typically do on this site- stir up nonsense with absolutely zero facts. from

no; it will be a financial donation for weak teams to give to the cup directors; the same club teams will beat up on any LI HS town club teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what? Craig wants his players to learn the right way to play the game, not ME ME ME summer club lacrosse. What's wrong with that. There's also something to be said for building team chemistry by paying together as much as possible. Craig and WI (and WM) do it the right way. Club programs are ruining lacrosse.

Get a clue. Craig won when he had studs. Please explain "the right way". How is club lacrosse ruining the sport? [/quote]

Seems like the "Club Kids" as usual are dominating the "in house" crowd. WW beats WI. Just got email from PB at Outlaws. Seems like 12 kids on WW are on Outlaws. Perhaps being exposed to better competition, playing with better players and getting different coaching helped improve the WW program. Even after losing the most dominate face off kid ever. This is the point where all the Outlaw haters can try and refute the facts. The final four teams are all littered with "Club kids". Sorry, but that just a fact. [/quote]

What qualifications does PB have exactly?? Where did PB ever play organized lacrosse in his life?? Answer .... no where!!!!!!!!!!! Not an authority!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He may not be an authority on lacrosse by your standards but I am pretty sure he can count to 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He may not be an authority on lacrosse by your standards but I am pretty sure he can count to 12

Are you insinuating that because WW had 12 kids that play for Outlaws is the reason they were successful. 1st things 1st did all 12 play on Varsity. What teams do the the 12 play on with Outlaws? If it's mostly the 2017 kids then we know that's the old Gladiators. As for having 12 kids play for WW I would say they should have a lot of kids since Huntington is their draw being the team is based out of the Huntington area. His emails are hysterical and so are his lacrosse credentials.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you insinuating that because WW had 12 kids that play for Outlaws is the reason they were successful. 1st things 1st did all 12 play on Varsity. What teams do the the 12 play on with Outlaws? If it's mostly the 2017 kids then we know that's the old Gladiators. As for having 12 kids play for WW I would say they should have a lot of kids since Huntington is their draw being the team is based out of the Huntington area. His emails are hysterical and so are his lacrosse credentials.

You realize that you're arguing with PB now, right? He's the only one that posts positive stuff about the Outlaws, including the other day when he mentioned how well the WW goalie played. PB pumping his own tires, anonymously of course.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize that you're arguing with PB now, right? He's the only one that posts positive stuff about the Outlaws, including the other day when he mentioned how well the WW goalie played. PB pumping his own tires, anonymously of course.

Not PB but curious, I dotn follow you, you are all over the place.

*12 kids playing
*Outlaws is a Huntington base team
*17 are old gladiators.

Who cares, what does that have to do with anything. Where are they playing now. I would like to know are they getting to go play at the next level, and if so who helped that happen. If Outlaws then great. I say this because I know many kids who have been poached away from clubs and the new clubs get the credit for the kids successes especially if recruited. Just like a HS trying to take credit when it is all club. Talent is talent.

Talent rises to the top, who can help that talent to the next level. We know XCI can as well as Express, now if Outlaws can too great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's debatable ...
Well actually, PB can definitely count to $2500 bc that's what he ripped us off for this year to be in his organization. First and last time I'll do that. As a matter of fact from what Ive experienced ,and heard from many others , he can count to any number that has a dollar sign in front of it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*12 kids playing
*17 are old gladiators.

Who cares, what does that have to do with anything. Where are they playing now. I would like to know are they getting to go play at the next level, and if so who helped that happen. If Outlaws then great. I say this because I know many kids who have been poached away from clubs and the new clubs get the credit for the kids successes especially if recruited. Just like a HS trying to take credit when it is all club. Talent is talent.

Talent rises to the top, who can help that talent to the next level. We know XCI can as well as Express, now if Outlaws can too great!

***....nice touch (not many parents there will understand that though)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*12 kids playing
*17 are old gladiators.

***...nice touch (not many parents there will understand that though)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

***....nice touch (not many parents there will understand that though)

it is actually

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from today suffolk county?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that Walt Whitman lost maybe some of the outlaws teams can get some of coaches attention that payed good money to play but never have practices because of the HS team , can we pro rate it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah b/c the PW parents were not a factor in TR leaving for HHH. Worry about your own town. SYO will take care of itself. That emergency meeting you mentioned had 100% player and parent attendance in full support of JC. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that the issue with boys after the StAnts game was raised by another faculty member not a parent. Division in program is no different than any other on the island so until PW gets its get program in order and until PW beats SYO on the field shut ur pie hole.

The meeting at the bar had kids. Don't think so. You know the one with all the accusations flying around. As for the middle school not feeding the High School program what planet do you live on? Ohh wait you live in Syosset the land of make believe. I don't know anything about why the previous coach left and won't even mention him. You make it sound like you are playing. The kids are and they aren't on here talking crap. You and some disgruntled 8th grade parent from Port who thinks his kids is going to be playing varsity in 9th grade are. Who thinks airing out BS on here will get him somewhere.

===============================

I guess now all the Port Lax Parents can start planning their summer vacations.

Glad to see that Syo got every kid on the team in the game tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah b/c the PW parents were not a factor in TR leaving for HHH. Worry about your own town. SYO will take care of itself. That emergency meeting you mentioned had 100% player and parent attendance in full support of JC. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that the issue with boys after the StAnts game was raised by another faculty member not a parent. Division in program is no different than any other on the island so until PW gets its get program in order and until PW beats SYO on the field shut ur pie hole.

The meeting at the bar had kids. Don't think so. You know the one with all the accusations flying around. As for the middle school not feeding the High School program what planet do you live on? Ohh wait you live in Syosset the land of make believe. I don't know anything about why the previous coach left and won't even mention him. You make it sound like you are playing. The kids are and they aren't on here talking crap. You and some disgruntled 8th grade parent from Port who thinks his kids is going to be playing varsity in 9th grade are. Who thinks airing out BS on here will get him somewhere.

Did Port play with 10 kids or where they short one all game at a key position??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Port play with 10 kids or where they short one all game at a key position??????
What is that supposed to mean??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*12 kids playing
*17 are old gladiators.

***...nice touch (not many parents there will understand that though)

really had to spell it out! Some thing's should be left unsaid or unwritten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is that supposed to mean??

this was an attempt at humor via sarcasm with reference to earlier posts that the coaches don't play the best players and a younger kid is better then an older kid who does play, the post was sarcastic in nature but not unfortunately humorous in execution

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really had to spell it out! Some thing's should be left unsaid or unwritten. [/quote]

let's be accurate.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Did you really delete a post about a 21 year old man (no names or identification) who is a quasi celebrity in our small lax community who was screaming and cursing at 15 and 16 year olds at a game? please explain the logic? If he did not want negative attention drawn to himself he should not have stood on the rail the whole game yelling at HS kids that they F&*%6 S&*#

-just sayin

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn
Did you really delete a post about a 21 year old man (no names or identification) who is a quasi celebrity in our small lax community who was screaming and cursing at 15 and 16 year olds at a game? please explain the logic? If he did not want negative attention drawn to himself he should not have stood on the rail the whole game yelling at HS kids that they F&*%6 S&*#

-just sayin

yes I did because its hearsay. Its like me saying so and so was a drunken fool on the sideline. Anyone can be targeted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn

-just sayin

yes I did because its hearsay. Its like me saying so and so was a drunken fool on the sideline. Anyone can be targeted.

Americas Game wernt you there at the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good friend of PB, great to see 12 outlaws play in a semi final game yesterday!
-The New PB fan club!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back to HS Lax?? Who has predictions in the Suffolk A and Nassau A finals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when and where the High School playoffs are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain the situation that was previously being talked about at the game, what game was it? Also Connequot will win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
msgvarsity.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://www.nysphsaa.org/Brackets

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Someone explain the situation that was previously being talked about at the game, what game was it? Also Connequot will win.

Sorry no explanation. It's done and gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize you didn't have to play there, right? There are plenty of other clubs on Long Island that will take your money just as easily as OL... and make the same promises.. and yield you the same results...if it sounds too good...it is too good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're protecting him, got it. Thanks.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So you're protecting him, got it. Thanks.

Yes Mr Anonymous. I am doing what I think is right as a moderator. Don't like it too bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what the [lacrosse] is up with this nonsense ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to break it to you guys but nobody really cares about Port Washington lacrosse right now. Can we focus on the games to be played instead? I like WM by 2.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree. Can we get back to the playoffs and talking lacrosse rather than BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12-9 Pequa over Farmingdale

Page 53 of 77 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard