Binghamton Men's Lacrosse Fall Prospect Day Posted Under the Events tab!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2022-10th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:18 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 11:16 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 10:53 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 10:00 PM
Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 09:42 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 08:42 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/17/19 08:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,761
Posts254,934
Members2,134
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 205 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166482
05/23/16 05:18 PM
05/23/16 05:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will give you one reason why club teams are ruining the game. What about town pride?? I grew up in a blue collar town but had a great team. I am proud of where I grew up and when ever asked I say it with pride (2 t . the i). The other day I watched a game and all the kids were wearing different helmets from their club teams. The haves and have nots. What happened to school colors.

Brings me to my second reason. People figured out they can make a lot of money off everyone who thinks there kid is the next best thing. Even the equipment companies joined in by raising prices on everything. Do you know all equipment is made the same and do you know what it cost to make a plastic head?? Because of this parents (some anyway) can not afford to buy 2 helmets.

Town Pride? Last time I checked all the Club kids also play for their respective schools. I have never heard of a boy missing school ball in order to go to something for a club team. As far as the helmets go, the school should provide them. As for the money, it is my understanding that there are HS coaches charging a lot of $$ to play for their Town Team in the summer. The conflict of interest is pretty clear to me.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166484
05/23/16 05:43 PM
05/23/16 05:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great points, I'm looking around for a club team for my son , I don't know why but I am , I think his town team can play with most club teams for 1/4 of the price. But I'm looking ! Almost found a team now but when I found out the price I couldn't believe it and there's only couple months lefted. I didn't play LAX but played ice hockey at college level. I still play to this day. The big hype is outta control for what , get little money for college and after college that's about it. People have to stop with this full ride crap , no full ride in LAX. Some of the kids that put so much time and money into but there's no real return like Baseball and football if you make it to the pro level. It's out of control and a money maker.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166486
05/23/16 06:07 PM
05/23/16 06:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great points, I'm looking around for a club team for my son , I don't know why but I am , I think his town team can play with most club teams for 1/4 of the price. But I'm looking ! Almost found a team now but when I found out the price I couldn't believe it and there's only couple months lefted. I didn't play LAX but played ice hockey at college level. I still play to this day. The big hype is outta control for what , get little money for college and after college that's about it. People have to stop with this full ride crap , no full ride in LAX. Some of the kids that put so much time and money into but there's no real return like Baseball and football if you make it to the pro level. It's out of control and a money maker.

kid with a 92 average and 1300 sat getting into an Ivy or Patriot league is enough of a return for me

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166491
05/23/16 07:08 PM
05/23/16 07:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

since our upstate friend doesn't think there are 50 top quality teams on Long Island, I will name my top 50. Im sure most of you will agree with most of my teams.
In no specific order at all.......
Nassau:
1- Syosset
2- Pequa
3- Farmingdale
4- Port Washington
5- Oceanside
6- Manhasset
7- Lynbrook
8- Garden City
9- Bethpage
10- South Side
11- Wantagh
12- North Shore
13- Hewlett
14- Carey
15- Cold Spring Harbor
16- Locust Valley
17- Seaford
18- Long Beach

Suffolk:
19- Smithtown E
20- Smithtown W
21- SWR
22- Connetquot
23- Ward Melville
24- West Islip
25- Comsewoque
26- BBP
27- Sayville
28- Commack
29- Sachem E
30- Sachem N
31- Northport
32- ESM
33- Babylon
34- Half Hollow E
35- Half Hollow W
36- Rocky Pt
37- Miller Place
38- Harborfields
39- Huntingtown
40- Riverhead
41- Hauppauge
42- Mount Sinai
43- Whitman
44- Bay Shore
45- Islip

Catholic LI:
46- St Anthonys
47- Chaminade
48- St Doms
49- Kellenberg
50- St Johns Bap.

I think those some stong Lax schools....we don't "Need" to go anywhere. More tourneys are played on LI then anywhere else. Why ?

Ok thats a good list. The TOP 20 teams out of that list can go out and compete anywhere with anyone, the rest? Not so much. Ask HHW what happened when they played Calvert Hall this year. Only St.A and Chaminade went off LI this year and competed well. As for tournaments, I can only say that yes there are a ton of tourneys played here in the summer, but I would also venture to say that 3/4 of them are a straight money grab and a straight waste of time.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166493
05/23/16 07:18 PM
05/23/16 07:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if centuries ago the Native Americans bickered about whether they needed to travel off their local land because they needed to test their mettle against other tribes?

Yes they did. Big gamblers though. Lost their land in a braveheart at the turkey shootout! [/quote]

Or their heads or their women!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166494
05/23/16 07:37 PM
05/23/16 07:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

since our upstate friend doesn't think there are 50 top quality teams on Long Island, I will name my top 50. Im sure most of you will agree with most of my teams.
Nassau:
1- Syosset
2- Pequa
3- Farmingdale
4- Port Washington
5- Oceanside
6- Manhasset
7- Lynbrook
8- Garden City
9- Bethpage
10- South Side
11- Wantagh
12- North Shore
13- Hewlett
14- Carey
15- Cold Spring Harbor
16- Locust Valley
17- Seaford
18- Long Beach

Suffolk:
19- Smithtown E
20- Smithtown W
21- SWR
22- Connetquot
23- Ward Melville
24- West Islip
25- Comsewoque
26- BBP
27- Sayville
28- Commack
29- Sachem E
30- Sachem N
31- Northport
32- ESM
33- Babylon
34- Half Hollow E
35- Half Hollow W
36- Rocky Pt
37- Miller Place
38- Harborfields
39- Huntingtown
40- Riverhead
41- Hauppauge
42- Mount Sinai
43- Whitman
44- Bay Shore
45- Islip

Catholic LI:
46- St Anthonys
47- Chaminade
48- St Doms
49- Kellenberg
50- St Johns Bap.

I think those some stong Lax schools....we don't "Need" to go anywhere. More tourneys are played on LI then anywhere else. Why ?

Ok thats a good list. The TOP 20 teams out of that list can go out and compete anywhere with anyone, the rest? Not so much. Ask HHW what happened when they played Calvert Hall this year. Only St.A and Chaminade went off LI this year and competed well. As for tournaments, I can only say that yes there are a ton of tourneys played here in the summer, but I would also venture to say that 3/4 of them are a straight money grab and a straight waste of time.

And the level of quality of the teams willing to suffer the traffic and travel to play 2nd level lax where absolutely zero college coaches show up to watch is no incentive to come to the money grab Long Island " tournaments". Bring your best Long Island HS summer town teams to the likes of Crabfest or Adrenaline cup for example and watch how quickly they are taken out in the first round summer after summer. Club teams love it as they are an easy win to the next round.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166498
05/23/16 08:11 PM
05/23/16 08:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau:
1- Syosset
2- Pequa
3- Farmingdale
4- Port Washington
5- Oceanside
6- Manhasset
7- Lynbrook
8- Garden City
9- Bethpage
10- South Side
11- Wantagh
12- North Shore
13- Hewlett
14- Carey
15- Cold Spring Harbor
16- Locust Valley
17- Seaford
18- Long Beach

Suffolk:
19- Smithtown E
20- Smithtown W
21- SWR
22- Connetquot
23- Ward Melville
24- West Islip
25- Comsewoque
26- BBP
27- Sayville
28- Commack
29- Sachem E
30- Sachem N
31- Northport
32- ESM
33- Babylon
34- Half Hollow E
35- Half Hollow W
36- Rocky Pt
37- Miller Place
38- Harborfields
39- Huntingtown
40- Riverhead
41- Hauppauge
42- Mount Sinai
43- Whitman
44- Bay Shore
45- Islip

Catholic LI:
46- St Anthonys
47- Chaminade
48- St Doms
49- Kellenberg
50- St Johns Bap.

And the level of quality of the teams willing to suffer the traffic and travel to play 2nd level lax where absolutely zero college coaches show up to watch is no incentive to come to the money grab Long Island " tournaments". Bring your best Long Island HS summer town teams to the likes of Crabfest or Adrenaline cup for example and watch how quickly they are taken out in the first round summer after summer. Club teams love it as they are an easy win to the next round.

Thats very funny, It's the long island teams that win those tournaments, even playing against your 19 year old seniors!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166508
05/23/16 09:33 PM
05/23/16 09:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau:
1- Syosset
2- Pequa
3- Farmingdale
4- Port Washington
5- Oceanside
6- Manhasset
7- Lynbrook
8- Garden City
9- Bethpage
10- South Side
11- Wantagh
12- North Shore
13- Hewlett
14- Carey
15- Cold Spring Harbor
16- Locust Valley
17- Seaford
18- Long Beach

Suffolk:
19- Smithtown E
20- Smithtown W
21- SWR
22- Connetquot
23- Ward Melville
24- West Islip
25- Comsewoque
26- BBP
27- Sayville
28- Commack
29- Sachem E
30- Sachem N
31- Northport
32- ESM
33- Babylon
34- Half Hollow E
35- Half Hollow W
36- Rocky Pt
37- Miller Place
38- Harborfields
39- Huntingtown
40- Riverhead
41- Hauppauge
42- Mount Sinai
43- Whitman
44- Bay Shore
45- Islip

Catholic LI:
46- St Anthonys
47- Chaminade
48- St Doms
49- Kellenberg
50- St Johns Bap.

Thats very funny, It's the long island teams that win those tournaments, even playing against your 19 year old seniors!

Funny in that you don't comprehend or process what was written. Long Island CLUB TEAMS win those tournaments. Proving the point that HS town teams cannot compete. Even the top Long Island club teams are reluctant to play in the 2nd level Island tournaments. HS town club teams cannot even win these 2nd level tournaments against weaker club teams.

So then; what is ruining the progress of the town lax team? I'm glad you asked; cloistered town club teams with players afraid to step off of the reservation and dip a toe into the higher level club scene out of fear from the town coaches who will possibly punish them during regular season school lax. That's a good start as to what is trying to ruin the growth of the sport. The conflict of interest is clear to see; yet fear of reprisals keep them corralled with stunted tournament growth as a team and as individual players.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166526
05/24/16 12:37 AM
05/24/16 12:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nisky played Warwick and Mamaroneck before playing SYO. Syo had one lone game against SE who they beat quite easily. Whats your point? SYO had a much tougher road? Sorry try again. Yes the competition on LI is very good, but the upstate teams can play. If Nisky were in SUffolk or Nassau A they would be right in the mix every year, as would be Victor, West Genny, and plenty of others. I have a question, how did the LI teams do OFF Long Island this year against ranked opponents? Other than St A and Chaminade I cant think of one LI team that traveled off LI. Did any of the LI Publics even travel off LI this year? LI doesnt dominate anymore like in years past, the rest of the country is catching up and catching up fast. [/quote]
Are you kidding me guy? Get this straight, Long Island DOES NOT need to travel ouit of Long Island. Besides MD we dominate in Lax. Yes, there are good Ct, NJ, Pa, and Upstate teams, but if you take the top 50 Lax schools on Long Island, nowhere besides Md even comes close. We would consistently smoke upstate. Keep dreaming though. [/quote]

Not even close, sorry. So first off, no one is saying the teams need to travel, Im saying they SHOULD travel. Wouldnt you like to see how our teams stack up against the rest of the country? Dont you think that it benefits the teams that do it? As for your top 50 comment, please stop, there are maybe 20 quality programs on Long Island, the rest are mediocre at best.

==========================

Lest we forget that in 2015 Syo had to also beat Pequa in the Nassau Class A final. A Pequa team that was defending 2014 Class A NYS Champs who were riding a 34 game winning streak.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #166533
05/24/16 06:53 AM
05/24/16 06:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

20 quality programs and the rest are mediocre at best?!? That statement is ridiculous. So other than 20 programs the talent level on LI is basically below average, as per the clown who posted it.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166549
05/24/16 08:22 AM
05/24/16 08:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you still haven't articulated why club is ruining the game as a whole. Remember, Lacrosse is not only played on LI anymore, and club may be the only option for thousands of kids who don't have a strong local or school program. Believe it or not, even on LI, one of the hotbeds, there are numerous districts which don't have a strong local youth/school lacrosse program. And that's right here on LI. You don't like the fact that these kids wear the wrong helmets to practice. OK, I agree with you there. The coach should put a stop to that. When my kid does the local summer clinic with the high school players/coaches, all of the boys wear the town/school colors and not their club. As a matter of fact, my son plays on one of the bigger club programs here on the Island and the boys on his team wear their high school helmets to club practice! Look, club isn't for everyone, its expensive and involves a lot of time and travel. For some people it works out, for others it doesn't. I will agree that on LI club has become a ridiculous racket, with kids leaving their town programs to play for a C team and get coached by teenagers. That is why I said buyer beware. I still don't think either of your reasons are well articulated cause and effect. Plenty of kids playing in the NCAA today who would not be there but for club lacrosse. You don't like it - we get it, but what is good for you might not necessarily be good for everyone else- and vice versa.
I will give you one reason why club teams are ruining the game. What about town pride?? I grew up in a blue collar town but had a great team. I am proud of where I grew up and when ever asked I say it with pride (2 t . the i). The other day I watched a game and all the kids were wearing different helmets from their club teams. The haves and have nots. What happened to school colors.

Brings me to my second reason. People figured out they can make a lot of money off everyone who thinks there kid is the next best thing. Even the equipment companies joined in by raising prices on everything. Do you know all equipment is made the same and do you know what it cost to make a plastic head?? Because of this parents (some anyway) can not afford to buy 2 helmets.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166582
05/24/16 10:46 AM
05/24/16 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

20 quality programs and the rest are mediocre at best?!? That statement is ridiculous. So other than 20 programs the talent level on LI is basically below average, as per the clown who posted it.

Once you get past the top programs, yes the talent level is average. Its not a slight on anyone, and there are talented kids all over LI but the programs as a whole are mediocre in comparison. Sorry you feel the need to resort to name calling because your reading comprehension skills and simple awareness skills are lacking. So let me ask you this, how do you think the 21st ranked team on your "list" would fair against the top teams from other regions? If we are so superior your #21 ranked team should be able to beat or compete with the top ranked teams from CT, NJ, Upstate, yes?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #166607
05/24/16 12:48 PM
05/24/16 12:48 PM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

In the past 20 years the club phenomenon has exploded in numbers. Years back there were a few clubs that really dominated the so called club scene. Most of these clubs are still around and playing quality ball at different age groups. When the Long Island Club scene was only a few programs they dominated almost every tournament and recruiting events at every age. This is not to say that they were not great programs in other areas but it seemed the talent level was off the charts on these teams from Long Island. Some of these programs were started out of pure love for the game and others were started out of necessity due to a lack of quality lacrosse in an individuals town. They were started by lacrosse guys who had lacrosse friends and who knew the game inside and out that were willing to have 3 practices a week. When there werent 500 distractions like travel soccer,travel hockey, and all the other distractions kids face today. When it was limited to 1 or even 2 teams per age group and even sometimes not having a team in a certain age the lacrosse was amazing. I am sorry to say the evolution of clubs has resulted in a diluted product on Long Island. There are only so many great coaches and only so many great players to go around who truly are committed to the teams. That is why you see some programs with stronger age groups than others when it used to be a program had strong teams across all age groups. There are so many club teams and town only teams that it makes it difficult for Long Island to put the same quality product on the fields like it used to. Now factor the money aspect. So many people saw and see the $$$$$ and start programs just for the money. That is why you see 3 to 4 teams per age group from one club and they claim AA, A, B, and C ratings of these clubs. When this is occurs you have all the complaints we hear on this site
1. Poor coaching
2. Not enough practices
3. Not enough kids showing up
and a whole slew of other issues. As parents we want to give our kids the opportunity to play. Playing on a club team might be the only way to go for some due to lack of lacrosse in an individuals town or the need to play better caliber with better players for that stud kid who just has it. I know we all think our kids are great but there is a small handful that are the 1% that play the game at an elite level. For the most part these were the kids that used to play on club teams 20 years ago. Now everyone is afforded the opportunity to play club ball and thats fine but remember this, its a diluted product and you always dont get what you pay for. As long as people are willing to pay there will always be club teams of all different calibers.

The expansion of the sport has resulted in clubs popping up across the country. You see these teams doing well because they have 400 kids from a whole state tryout for 25 slots and 1 team. These are like our Long Island programs 20 years ago. It just goes with the territory of the game expanding and being introduced to areas and athletes that never played or heard of lacrosse until recently.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166623
05/24/16 01:10 PM
05/24/16 01:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adrenaline is on Long Island this summer, so it must now be a money grab with weak teams.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166650
05/24/16 02:57 PM
05/24/16 02:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adrenaline is on Long Island this summer, so it must now be a money grab with weak teams.

no; it will be a financial donation for weak teams to give to the cup directors; the same club teams will beat up on any LI HS town club teams

Page 139 of 205 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 204 205