BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
My two cents
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
FYI, not that I really expect anyone to truly care, I have been avoiding this board recently because of all the idiotic behavior by some posters. There needs to be some way that the moderator can increase the credible and productive posts, while decreasing the "crap" that likely comes from a handful of individuals. This is a board is a good tool, if used properly.......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: My two cents
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by bothkidsinlax
FYI, not that I really expect anyone to truly care, I have been avoiding this board recently because of all the idiotic behavior by some posters. There needs to be some way that the moderator can increase the credible and productive posts, while decreasing the "crap" that likely comes from a handful of individuals. This is a board is a good tool, if used properly.......

Hey, both kids in lax - your probably just jealous that your kid got cut from the team and they are on the dirtiest team ever and they have never lost to a team that did not have older players .......just kidding of course, the best way to clean things up is to not allow anonymous posters, close the board to anybody not signed in. of course that would eliminate a lot of the fun and a lot of the grenade's being thrown but it would get back to a more informative lacrosse forum....just one anonymous posters opinion

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Readers will suggest that "anonymous posting" alone creates the grenades. If you believe that registration is the solution then join us with a registered user account.

One thing for sure is that registered users do make it easier at times to follow the discussion in any thread. As a user, registered participants have several barriers to posting dropped (like the CAPTCHA challenge) and are given a wider berth to comment on topics given their attribution. Some folks are afraid to offer their opinions due to either fear of ridicule or being outside the lines on a topic. BOTC recognizes this and combines those contributions with news and information that we provide.

There are plenty of internet boards that force registration before posting yet the BOTC Community has grown and flourished. Ask yourself why that happened if registered users are the answer.

The truth is that anonymous posting allows for honest, unfiltered information to come to the foreground. Think of it as being informed sources who do not want to be named offering their views. BOTC recognizes this fact and combined with our own news and information, we create a more complete view of the lacrosse landscape.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cagesage - you are clearly a fan and also enjoy the give and take of the cyber community as well as the occasional grenade launch, you also have the technology to figure out who the posters are or at least the IP address the post is coming from and I am sure you look on occasion. A few of your rebuttals made references to post being made from schools or business ect.. I am a registered user with a screen name but choose to post anonymously for a few reasons. a) it gives me the chance to launch a few grenades when I am in the mood and b) why be attributed when no one else is. I for one would love to give up my anonymous if everybody else had to. I don't think the dialog would stop but hopefully some of the innuendos and baiting would.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Readers will suggest that "anonymous posting" alone creates the grenades. If you believe that registration is the solution then join us with a registered user account.

One thing for sure is that registered users do make it easier at times to follow the discussion in any thread. As a user, registered participants have several barriers to posting dropped (like the CAPTCHA challenge) and are given a wider berth to comment on topics given their attribution. Some folks are afraid to offer their opinions due to either fear of ridicule or being outside the lines on a topic. BOTC recognizes this and combines those contributions with news and information that we provide.

There are plenty of internet boards that force registration before posting yet the BOTC Community has grown and flourished. Ask yourself why that happened if registered users are the answer.

The truth is that anonymous posting allows for honest, unfiltered information to come to the foreground. Think of it as being informed sources who do not want to be named offering their views. BOTC recognizes this fact and combined with our own news and information, we create a more complete view of the lacrosse landscape.

100% agree

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
cagesage - you are clearly a fan and also enjoy the give and take of the cyber community as well as the occasional grenade launch, you also have the technology to figure out who the posters are or at least the IP address the post is coming from and I am sure you look on occasion. A few of your rebuttals made references to post being made from schools or business ect.. I am a registered user with a screen name but choose to post anonymously for a few reasons. a) it gives me the chance to launch a few grenades when I am in the mood and b) why be attributed when no one else is. I for one would love to give up my anonymous if everybody else had to. I don't think the dialog would stop but hopefully some of the innuendos and baiting would.

I praise and question (throw grenades) at different tiems depending on how I read a post. I am not sure if I would want to give up the anonimity. But at the end of the day those that have registered do you really know who they are many have secondary emails that you may not know.

Cage you honetsly say how many times you reveiw the IP addresses to see if a post is from a ligit/active blogger

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage you honetsly say how many times you reveiw the IP addresses to see if a post is from a ligit/active blogger
BOTC does keep an active view on many aspects of what is posted - security and sources just happen to be two areas that we monitor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage- do you ever try to stimulate a thread and post as Anonymous just to get something out there not attributed? like many other threads where people have multiple screen names and post with multiple names - I also find it hard to believe that LarryM doesn't post anonymously - although he has no problem launching the grenade from LarryM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC does keep an active view on many aspects of what is posted - security and sources just happen to be two areas that we monitor.

Thanks,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage- do you ever try to stimulate a thread and post as Anonymous just to get something out there not attributed? like many other threads where people have multiple screen names and post with multiple names - I also find it hard to believe that LarryM doesn't post anonymously - although he has no problem launching the grenade from LarryM
Larry M. (BOTN) and CageSage (BOTC) never post anonymously.

If we wanted to "stimulate" a thread, BOTC is sure that we would do a much better job doing it under our own screen names.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard