Re: Long Island Pride Lacrosse
Anonymous #14917 07/11/12 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a pride team play at Lehigh and was very impressed. They were in the finals, not sure of the grade. I have spoken with one of the directors about a year ago, didnt know me from a hole in the wall and called me back and stayed on with me for close to 30 minutes. If and when my son decides to move teams I will definately give LI Pride a long hard look.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #16616 08/06/12 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an idea on the cost of the 2013 summer program? This thread stsrted with summer 2011 costs. I'm looking for an update. They mention the cost of the tryouts 2013 tryouts on their website, but I dont see the cost of the 2013 summer program?. It would be nice to see the cost of the program before the tryout?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #16628 08/07/12 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2012 was around a thousand- maybe 975. That was for the summer. The Spring was another 125-150. That included the tournament fees and uniform- gloves, helmet.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #16648 08/07/12 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the recruiting process for LI Pride? Have any players been recruited by schools, and if so, what schools? There is no recruiting tab showing kids who have been recruited and what schools they attended through Pride?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34523 06/26/13 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't figure out where else to comment about this. Seems like the Pride tournament numbers are way down this year. Also noticed that they are not being covered by BOTC this year. Did something happen with this tournament? No one even knew it was taking place from my surrounding clubs. We thought it was cancelled and left this weekend open.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #34529 06/26/13 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couldn't figure out where else to comment about this. Seems like the Pride tournament numbers are way down this year. Also noticed that they are not being covered by BOTC this year. Did something happen with this tournament? No one even knew it was taking place from my surrounding clubs. We thought it was cancelled and left this weekend open.

The 5/6th grade division has a lot of New Jersey clubs. As a festival, not tournament maybe clubs are more interested in possible t-shirts than just a fun day of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34532 06/26/13 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10 fields going from 8-7 isn't too terrible of a turnout. There are 28 teams in the 7/8 grade division which is pretty decent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34537 06/26/13 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 5/6th grade division has a lot of New Jersey clubs. As a festival, not tournament maybe clubs are more interested in possible t-shirts than just a fun day of lacrosse.

I completely agree and see this becoming more of a trend in the future that teams will shy away from "tournaments" that aren't tournament style with playoffs and a champion. JDRF gets away with it because of the charity angle.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34545 06/26/13 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great day of lacrosse, if your team is just interested in saying they won or lost then go somewhere else, you will cry no matter where your team plays.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34574 06/26/13 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely agree and see this becoming more of a trend in the future that teams will shy away from "tournaments" that aren't tournament style with playoffs and a champion. JDRF gets away with it because of the charity angle.

JDRF raises money to help sick children. They don't get away with any angle you tool.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #34576 06/26/13 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went back and looked at the 2012 teams - well populated from Long Island. Have not seen this year's 5th/6th grade roster, but if you are right, many Long Island teams have opted out this year. Very concerned that BOTC was not covering this event particularly given the Long Island drop off.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34585 06/26/13 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went back and looked at the 2012 teams - well populated from Long Island. Have not seen this year's 5th/6th grade roster, but if you are right, many Long Island teams have opted out this year. Very concerned that BOTC was not covering this event particularly given the Long Island drop off. [/quote]

This year the 5/6 division has 22 teams with 12 from Long Island and 5 from other parts of NY. So that leaves at most 5 Jersey teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34627 06/27/13 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Pride Club may not have wanted this tournament advertised here this year? I know not all tournaments are discussed of on this forum. Either way- it was a fun day last year. There were a fair amount if 7/8th gr teams last year and it was run smoothly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34725 06/28/13 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Pride Club may not have wanted this tournament advertised here this year? I know not all tournaments are discussed of on this forum. Either way- it was a fun day last year. There were a fair amount if 7/8th gr teams last year and it was run smoothly.
This should be another fun day. Team counts over the last two years (this year, last year) and looks way down this year. Advertise or not, that's a ton of missing revenue. Smaller clubs this year. Hope this year's version will be at much fun as last year - that is all my boys want.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #34726 06/28/13 09:20 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Long Island Pride LaxFest 2013 - Saturday Teams

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply