BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:35 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:09 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 04:03 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 01:36 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 01:29 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/19/19 12:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,052
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 135 of 205 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 204 205
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165896
05/20/16 08:14 AM
05/20/16 08:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Expect a clean sweep of the home teams today in Suffolk A. It will make for some great semi final matches.

My prediction is West Islip vs Connetquot final with Connetquot winning it all.


fair prediction, I don't think quot gets past sme-

If WM gets by SMW today, WI/WM will be an intense one, with 50 50 chance for both teams. If SMW wins today, I predict they upset WI and play SME in final...

will be fun couple of weeks.


I think your right, WI gets upset one of these games, too many 1 goal games all year, living dangerously eventually catches up. SE wins it all, theyre too good offensively and at the X

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165911
05/20/16 09:31 AM
05/20/16 09:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
These comments about other communities/programs are being done by outsiders, not the members of the community/program


How would you know where the posters are from?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165917
05/20/16 09:59 AM
05/20/16 09:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have always been amazed at the how the better lax teams/schools have vocalized their issues. SWR a few years ago, the recent bickering in 3village or GC, ow Syo and Port going at it. Sayville swiftly booting the coach. and lets not forget CSH slap gate. All of these schools are relatively in the mix. Year after year.

I am sure you have other towns with their issues but never airing their grievances out here. Do they have class and take things in house and note spew venom publically or are they just okay to live with the notion of mediocre!


You do not see West Islip or Farmingdale griping and I guess you can describe them as mediocre if you have never seen a,lacrosse game before. Over the past 20 years just wins and no excuses but the West Islip parents are tough to listen to.


Nope, Wi goes under the title of "there are issues but they keep it in house". A few years back when they were doing just as well there were posts on here but coach Craig does an amazing job with that community.

Farmingdale really want to get started there.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #165931
05/20/16 11:07 AM
05/20/16 11:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Sorry here is my yearly rant... Maybe some changes can take place at Turning Stone this year. Sorry if my request takes time away from your gambling! Which asks the question why would a NY State School/Educational organization like NYSPHSAA have a conference at a casino??? on The Tax payers dime!

Here's my rant...

Am I the only one who gets twisted when I see how the brackets get laid out for the NY State Championships.

Don't get me wrong I love that you have a Long Island Champ, but why not have that same opportunity also be for State champ. We are effectively giving participation slots out by playing/seeding the championships by geography.

Have a true Champions format having the weakest sects play the strongest. How can Ct and NJ do it. Not to sure How PA does it but they are just as big

Come on for Class B, Upstate 2 games in for the state playoff could be. Messina vs Dewitt, then Dewitt vs Vestal or Horsehead.

Meanwhile the LI teams play Sect 8 vs Sect 11 then most likely go to play Sect 1. In B at least there are 11 sections why are the top 4 playing each other the first 2 rounds!!!

The sectional games within Sect 8 or 11 would have be more competitive than the State games between sect 3/4/10.

Why not play in a ranking system. Highest plays lowest.

That's like asking Dewitt to Victor in the first round. EVERY FLUKING YEAR... Why not, they are neighboring sections!!! I am sure neither want that. But thats okay, have Sect 8 and 11 beat each other up to advance... to play what is another top 4 section in sect 1

Whats the issue, budgetary come on make a trip out of it. At the very least if travel time is a factor figure it out its not to hard. You are effectively giving teams a pass to the next round that wouldn't otherwise get out of round 1 in a true playoff format.

Why does Sect 1 get the pass of playing Sect 9. Why does Sect 3 get the pass and play sect 10.


Timm Slade
Ed Stores
Ben Nelson
John Rathbun
Carl Normandin
Karen Lopez
Wayne Bertrand
Greg Ransom
Jennifer Simmons
Nina Van Erk
Don Webster

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #165936
05/20/16 11:27 AM
05/20/16 11:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



agree totally....getting off LI is grueling , and nassau B plays an extra game...crazy

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165958
05/20/16 01:43 PM
05/20/16 01:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Budget???? Where does all the money go that we have to pay to attend a section 11 game. Im sure they cant account for the money for that slush fund. Teachers sitting at a desk taking cash from fans. Im sure some of that goes south into their pockets.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165963
05/20/16 01:45 PM
05/20/16 01:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Top program coaches" are not paid to win in the public schools. They are paid to coach. Winning has nothing to do with it. The coach could lose every game and he's not going anywhere . Not sure who told you this but it is factually unnaccurate.


Really? Then maybe we should just do the middle school format and everybody plays. Make sure Johnny gets a participation trophy. In the top programs coaches will be replaced if they lose every game. Fact. Name one LI coach who has continually lost every game in a mediocre program and still is coaching today at the same school?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165964
05/20/16 01:46 PM
05/20/16 01:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Craig is great but the without the community supporting the Lacrosse program they wouldn't be able to compete. WI community supports LAX from when their kids are in diapers..
program
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have always been amazed at the how the better lax teams/schools have vocalized their issues. SWR a few years ago, the recent bickering in 3village or GC, ow Syo and Port going at it. Sayville swiftly booting the coach. and lets not forget CSH slap gate. All of these schools are relatively in the mix. Year after year.

I am sure you have other towns with their issues but never airing their grievances out here. Do they have class and take things in house and note spew venom publically or are they just okay to live with the notion of mediocre!


You do not see West Islip or Farmingdale griping and I guess you can describe them as mediocre if you have never seen a,lacrosse game before. Over the past 20 years just wins and no excuses but the West Islip parents are tough to listen to.


Nope, Wi goes under the title of "there are issues but they keep it in house". A few years back when they were doing just as well there were posts on here but coach Craig does an amazing job with that community.

Farmingdale really want to get started there.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165977
05/20/16 02:32 PM
05/20/16 02:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I'm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Craig is great but the without the community supporting the Lacrosse program they wouldn't be able to compete. WI community supports LAX from when their kids are in diapers..
program
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have always been amazed at the how the better lax teams/schools have vocalized their issues. SWR a few years ago, the recent bickering in 3village or GC, ow Syo and Port going at it. Sayville swiftly booting the coach. and lets not forget CSH slap gate. All of these schools are relatively in the mix. Year after year.

I am sure you have other towns with their issues but never airing their grievances out here. Do they have class and take things in house and note spew venom publically or are they just okay to live with the notion of mediocre!


You do not see West Islip or Farmingdale griping and I guess you can describe them as mediocre if you have never seen a,lacrosse game before. Over the past 20 years just wins and no excuses but the West Islip parents are tough to listen to.


Nope, Wi goes under the title of "there are issues but they keep it in house". A few years back when they were doing just as well there were posts on here but coach Craig does an amazing job with that community.

Farmingdale really want to get started there.


Thanks Capt. Obvious . Is that how you get great. By playing from an early age and keeping the youth program focused and on the right path ??

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #165995
05/20/16 04:17 PM
05/20/16 04:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Craig is great but the without the community supporting the Lacrosse program they wouldn't be able to compete. WI community supports LAX from when their kids are in diapers..
program
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I have always been amazed at the how the better lax teams/schools have vocalized their issues. SWR a few years ago, the recent bickering in 3village or GC, ow Syo and Port going at it. Sayville swiftly booting the coach. and lets not forget CSH slap gate. All of these schools are relatively in the mix. Year after year.

I am sure you have other towns with their issues but never airing their grievances out here. Do they have class and take things in house and note spew venom publically or are they just okay to live with the notion of mediocre!


You do not see West Islip or Farmingdale griping and I guess you can describe them as mediocre if you have never seen a,lacrosse game before. Over the past 20 years just wins and no excuses but the West Islip parents are tough to listen to.


Nope, Wi goes under the title of "there are issues but they keep it in house". A few years back when they were doing just as well there were posts on here but coach Craig does an amazing job with that community.

Farmingdale really want to get started there.
[/quote

Craig has them wrapped around his finger..if you miss his summer league you might as well quit because you are behind the 8 ball. Must be great being the puppet master over these kids and parents. Play travel and not for him is looked down upon. That's the truth

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166023
05/20/16 06:44 PM
05/20/16 06:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Craig is great but the without the community supporting the Lacrosse program they wouldn't be able to compete. WI community supports LAX from when their kids are in diapers..
program
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I have always been amazed at the how the better lax teams/schools have vocalized their issues. SWR a few years ago, the recent bickering in 3village or GC, ow Syo and Port going at it. Sayville swiftly booting the coach. and lets not forget CSH slap gate. All of these schools are relatively in the mix. Year after year.

I am sure you have other towns with their issues but never airing their grievances out here. Do they have class and take things in house and note spew venom publically or are they just okay to live with the notion of mediocre!


You do not see West Islip or Farmingdale griping and I guess you can describe them as mediocre if you have never seen a,lacrosse game before. Over the past 20 years just wins and no excuses but the West Islip parents are tough to listen to.


Nope, Wi goes under the title of "there are issues but they keep it in house". A few years back when they were doing just as well there were posts on here but coach Craig does an amazing job with that community.

Farmingdale really want to get started there.
[/quote

Craig has them wrapped around his finger..if you miss his summer league you might as well quit because you are behind the 8 ball. Must be great being the puppet master over these kids and parents. Play travel and not for him is looked down upon. That's the truth

Has anyone played club over the summer team ? Not that I recall. I think that has happened at WM, but not WI. As long as summer team came first, and club was second you were good. With the state of ER, I think it is a matter of time before a kid chooses club first because of the better exposure. If the kid has the talent to play at a Top 20 school I don't think I could fault them.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166024
05/20/16 06:57 PM
05/20/16 06:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Expect a clean sweep of the home teams today in Suffolk A. It will make for some great semi final matches.

My prediction is West Islip vs Connetquot final with Connetquot winning it all.


fair prediction, I don't think quot gets past sme-

If WM gets by SMW today, WI/WM will be an intense one, with 50 50 chance for both teams. If SMW wins today, I predict they upset WI and play SME in final...

will be fun couple of weeks.


I think your right, WI gets upset one of these games, too many 1 goal games all year, living dangerously eventually catches up. SE wins it all, theyre too good offensively and at the X


West Islip out, lost to Whitman 6-5
SE over Sachem North
WM over SW

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166025
05/20/16 07:01 PM
05/20/16 07:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Expect a clean sweep of the home teams today in Suffolk A. It will make for some great semi final matches.

My prediction is West Islip vs Connetquot final with Connetquot winning it all.


fair prediction, I don't think quot gets past sme-

If WM gets by SMW today, WI/WM will be an intense one, with 50 50 chance for both teams. If SMW wins today, I predict they upset WI and play SME in final


will be fun couple of weeks.


I think your right, WI gets upset one of these games, too many 1 goal games all year, living dangerously eventually catches up. SE wins it all, theyre too good offensively and at the X


Hey Carnac, you were right Whitman 6, W.I. 5


Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166026
05/20/16 07:09 PM
05/20/16 07:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Expect a clean sweep of the home teams today in Suffolk A. It will make for some great semi final matches.

My prediction is West Islip vs Connetquot final with Connetquot winning it all.


fair prediction, I don't think quot gets past sme-

If WM gets by SMW today, WI/WM will be an intense one, with 50 50 chance for both teams. If SMW wins today, I predict they upset WI and play SME in final...

will be fun couple of weeks.


I think your right, WI gets upset one of these games, too many 1 goal games all year, living dangerously eventually catches up. SE wins it all, theyre too good offensively and at the X


West Islip out, lost to Whitman 6-5
SE over Sachem North
WM over SW


Quot over hhhe

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #166040
05/20/16 09:53 PM
05/20/16 09:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Um west islip won!!!!!

Page 135 of 205 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 204 205



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1