BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
True Blue Boys 2013 Team Tryouts - September 22nd/23rd, 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue Boys 2013 Lacrosse Tryouts

True Blue 2013 Boys Second to Ninth Grade Tryouts

Tryout Dates, Times, and Details

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
Sixth Grade (2019) : 9:00am - 11:00am
Seventh Grade (2018) : 11:00am - 1:00pm
Eighth Grade (2017) : 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Ninth Grade (2016) : 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012
Second Grade (2023) : 6:00pm - 7:30pm, East Field
Third Grade (2022) : 6:00pm - 7:30pm, West Field
Fourth Grade (2021) : 7:30pm - 9:00pm, East Field
Fifth Grade (2020) : 7:30pm - 9:00pm, West Field

Rainout and Conflict Make-Up Date is Sunday, September 30th, 2012

Players who are selected for the upcoming 2013 Season will receive: Helmet, Custom Sublimated Uniform, Custom True Blue Bag and Sublimated Shooting Shirt. All Summer teams will have a minumum of 12 practices and 5 tournaments. There will be Winter and Spring programs offered as well.

Total Cost : $975.00 Per Player, Grades 3 to 9

Second Grade Prices to be Announced

Tryout Cost : $40.00 Per Player

Seventh Grade Team Having Fun at the Stowe Lacrosse Tournament
About the True Blue Lacrosse Program
True Blue is committed to providing an affordable and highly competitive lacrosse community. Experienced NCAA talent along with current NCAA and High School coaches will develop each team with an age appropriate curriculum. The core values of Good Sportsmanship, Teamwork, Respect for Others and Community Service will be the corner stone of the organization. Our philosophy is that these values merged with a competitive spirit will enable our players to reach their collegiate lacrosse goals. The True Blue community will extend beyond the field with important college recruiting guidance and opportunities for our alumni to stay involved.

E-Mail : Chris Roberts
Contact True Blue Lacrosse at 516-241-6738
Post Office Box #507, Merrick NY 11566

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: True Blue Boys 2013 Team Tryouts - September 22nd/23rd, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they are expanding to new grades. Does anyone have any insight about program. Where do they practice, costs,where are most kids from,etc. I would be happy to hear from white team parents in particular to see how they feel. I know many so called "B" teams are neglected by some organizations and I want to know if you feel this is or will be the case here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a team already in tact arebthey only looking for certain nspots or is it a true tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only had 1 "B" team this past year ( 5th grade). They are treated very well by the organization and the parents loved the coaches. One of the coaches is a coach at Farmingdale College. I don't know how many "B" teams they are going to have this year
The parents were also very happy with the 5th grade "A" team. They did well in all their tournaments and the parents liked that coach ( parent coach ) as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fifth grade b also was coached by Roberts brother so that helped....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade - A was a very good team it mostly was an intact team from another club program acquired by True Blue - coaches and all - large % of team was retained. Not sure how many new were added through tryouts last year. Rumor has it that they created the B team because of the talent acquired on that move.M

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the tryout is truly for the "B" team??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info, Where do they practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on the team and the coaches hook for a field, could be Suffolk or Nassau, no "home field" as how we had it last year. My take on True Blue - few good teams playing under an establishing club with a great original mission to keep something small and grass roots. The unknown I see, going from 35 mph to 100 in 100 yards is growing from 2 or 3 age groups to 8 age groups. There was some disorganization in the begining of the year like most teams but I think True Blue has to prove it can be the same organization with a few teams this year to roasters by age group as big as Express and 91 next year. True Blue was attractive do to price and teams success, however this is still a growing club lacrosse organization and will it succumb to the pressure to compete at a business level as much as the field to become the same old? Really, how many clubs are really different - True Blue at the new age groups, are they taking established teams to build up quickly like the 5th grade A and 7th grade (express players). The rapid growth makes it feel more like a big org like the others vs what made it attractive - small team focus and attention. No gaurentee that will continue, think they need to prove themeselves first before jumping from club to club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 5th grade b team had a few local players know by "the program" and added as a B team which we heard was not originally planed. Are those players "untouchable " this year or is every position opened and will Roberts cut those players this time around?

The 5th grade A - Was a very good team this year with parent coaches, would think most players will return but like most other tryouts you never know what is available, been through this a few times, this will not be any different. True Blue had a different feel then other clubs last year but growing this fast, the quality on the field has to depreciate unless they acquire existing teams which limit player tryout spots.

If they want to be a transforming organization in the club lacrosse space, be 100% transparent, I think parents are looking for this before they invest their time, money and hope to find positive experiences for our kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the Tryouts for True Blue last year and it was the best by far compared to any of the "established" clubs..I know a couple parents that had a great time this year..as far as being transparent, not sure what you are looking for, price we heard was good and the kids had fun and learned..and not going to ever reach the "established" club prices. Will see this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not implying the club is run poorly or the kids didn't have fun. Last year was the first tryout and now have established teams. The price will not stay this low now that its growing. Might not be as high but don't expect to paynthe same, example last years tryouts were free and now $40. Point is to avoid the issue with all other clubs which become transient, players moving from club to club, the idea should be to get a core group of kids playing together for multiple years. If this is the goal, then the coaches know who should stay on next years teams already etc. the idea that every player has equal chance to fill one of the 20 or so spots is misleading (across all clubs). I wonder how many of the 5th grade A and 7th grade A kids are bein replaced or leaving? Why dismantle and rebuild each year when not broken. That's the point. Success is made with synergy and knowing teammates. True blue could change the face of club lacrosse on LI but just feel its following in the footsteps to build bigger, that creates all the frustration for parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All clubs should show there cost for the season, before try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what 91 and Express are charging this upcoming year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know what 91 and Express are charging this upcoming year?

True Blue - $40
fl$ - $125
Outlaws - $75
91 - $55
Express - ??? (cost or dates not posted yet as far as I know. I think it was $75 last year)
Igloo - $100 for four days
Pride - $40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we know what 2013 program costs will be for these programs? I hear TB will go up, to what we don't know, assume less then 91, Express etc. Assuming my son will attend 2 likely 3 tryouts, that already sets me back at least $200. Would be good to know what the costs and service the team offers and how many positioned per team/how many teams there will be before spending more $$$...

I think most peopl would like to know what they are potentially buying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for posting the tryout costs. I can't believe how much some of these programs charge and find it offensive.

I do recognize that there are costs associated with holding tryouts so in that respect a small fee is acceptable. How much does it cost to rent a field and hire some evaluators?

Are they trying to deter kids from trying out?

I wonder if some clubs are trying to make themselves seem 'elite' through pricing alone? In that respect I would point out to them that the crabs do not charge for their middle school aged tryouts held over the course of three days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder what lacrosse on LI will look like 10 years from now. LI has been a hot bed for lacrosse for many years before the business of club lacrosse got here. Is it possible we are canabalizing our youth lacrosse talent because we are putting the great sport out of reach financially to many people? $50 to try out - $800 to $1200 for a team plus all the incidentals (camps, clinics, spring leagues, etc).

The point on crabs is 100% correct and how it should be. Here is a not for profit organization competing on the field with our best clubs. It is possible to do it without the high costs we in NY seem to add on. There is nothing prestigious about paying $1000+ dollars for 4 tournements and nice gloves and uniform. It for one doesn't ensure a D-1 scholarship but does pull from the college fund.a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know what your getting and the chances your son has to make these teams with just one tryout date.

True Blue - $40 - just one tryout for each grade
fl$ - $125 - two tryouts (good value and opportunity to shine)
Outlaws - $75 - Just one Tryout for each grade
91 - $55 - Just one Tryout (Cost Extra for another tryout)
Express - TBA
Igloo - $100 for four days (one cost)(Great Value and opportunity to shine)
Pride - $40 - Two tryouts (Great Value and opportunity to shine)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree in a lot of ways. However in Long Island the clubs are filling some sort of need because otherwise why is everyone doing it. I only know one club team on the Island that doesn't pay their coaches and all the funds goes back to the kids in the form of equipment and training, and is completely transparent with all their costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it was all about developing the sport then most of these clubs should cut the costs in 1/2 if they are in the goodness of the sport putting these clubs out there to promote the sport.

Lets just say a tournement costs $1000 x 4 tourns = $4000. 20 kids paying at least $1000 = $20000. Tryouts = assume 30 kids trying on for 20 spots @ $50 another $1500 or more. Thats $21,500 revenue for a summer team. Equipment - volume discounted - helment, gloves, uniform - lets assume $250 cost. So - thats $5k for equipment/uniform, 4k (on the high end for tournements (some of $500) - We are at $9k cost to the team. $21,500-$9,000 = $12,500. Now each coach cannot be making 6k per summer season - thats more then some highschool team coaches. So yes they are filling an important roll but we are paying for it.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
If it was all about developing the sport then most of these clubs should cut the costs in 1/2 if they are in the goodness of the sport putting these clubs out there to promote the sport.

Lets just say a tournement costs $1000 x 4 tourns = $4000. 20 kids paying at least $1000 = $20000. Tryouts = assume 30 kids trying on for 20 spots @ $50 another $1500 or more. Thats $21,500 revenue for a summer team. Equipment - volume discounted - helment, gloves, uniform - lets assume $250 cost. So - thats $5k for equipment/uniform, 4k (on the high end for tournements (some of $500) - We are at $9k cost to the team. $21,500-$9,000 = $12,500. Now each coach cannot be making 6k per summer season - thats more then some highschool team coaches. So yes they are filling an important roll but we are paying for it.
Some of the elements you have forgotten include : cost of field rentals, cost of coaches even without salary (tournament travel, hotels, meals), and extra equipment (balls, training gear). With this, we have not even covered some of the more important business expenses including insurance needed for some field rentals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of many clubs that get fields for free and some coachs aren't paid. Some clubs required individual players covered through a US lacross memebership requirement at thier $25 expense. And if you use some of the town parks grass fields the cost to rent is nominal. Insurance for the field needed - maybe $1000 (been through this process)- Balls? bucket of balls $200, cones - $25? If the clubs are for profit or not - just break out the costs, what is the big deal so we know where the money is going and let the parents make a more informed decision on which club they get the most value from. It a for profit club gives the best value and training, no problem with that but at this point there is no information on what we get for the 2013 season from any club...If you are will in to invest $1500 I assume your looking for some type of return, or is the name on the shirt good enough?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know what your getting and the chances your son has to make these teams with just one tryout date.

True Blue - $40 - just one tryout for each grade
fl$ - $125 - two tryouts (good value and opportunity to shine)
Outlaws - $75 - Just one Tryout for each grade
91 - $55 - Just one Tryout (Cost Extra for another tryout)
Express - TBA
Igloo - $100 for four days (one cost)(Great Value and opportunity to shine)
Pride - $40 - Two tryouts (Great Value and opportunity to shine)

<<Removed Commercial Advertised Tryout Information>>

I don't see why a second day is such a value. It only works if they need to see more of your kid in case he's on the bubble. In that case, they should invite your kid back at no cost.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Commercial References
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of many clubs that get fields for free and some coachs aren't paid. Some clubs required individual players covered through a US lacross memebership requirement at thier $25 expense. And if you use some of the town parks grass fields the cost to rent is nominal. Insurance for the field needed - maybe $1000 (been through this process)- Balls? bucket of balls $200, cones - $25? If the clubs are for profit or not - just break out the costs, what is the big deal so we know where the money is going and let the parents make a more informed decision on which club they get the most value from. It a for profit club gives the best value and training, no problem with that but at this point there is no information on what we get for the 2013 season from any club...If you are will in to invest $1500 I assume your looking for some type of return, or is the name on the shirt good enough?

Are you the same guy posting on each club's site about the cost for next year? Are you auditing their books? Are you trying to start your own club and want to be cheaper?

These are private businesses. Do you really think they are going to open there books to you? Give it a rest. They are charging what the market will bear for their services (it's called supply and demand). If you don't like it, you don't have to sign up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You. I was running out of Kleenex.

I am sure T.B. is working out a few details before they post any info on their site. My son played for them last year and it is a top run organization. If you know anyone who played for them last year, ask them about the program, coaches, practices and services they received for their tuition.

We are going back to them if they will have us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I'm just a parent on this specific forum trying to understand what type of tryout I'm sending my son too and what I'm getting for the money. No interest in starting a club just trying to understand what the costs are. If there are others posting question on what costs are and what you get, maybe its just a logical question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we really need to know where the money goes, if I think the value is in one club over another that is my choice. if I cant afford one club over another that is life (sucks but still is life).

In life you usually get what you pay for - but you also need to be a smart consumer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the Tryouts for True Blue last year and it was the best by far compared to any of the "established" clubs..I know a couple parents that had a great time this year..as far as being transparent, not sure what you are looking for, price we heard was good and the kids had fun and learned..and not going to ever reach the "established" club prices. Will see this year.

I was at the tryouts last year also. They had lots of evaluators and it was very impressive and very well run. My son did not make the 5th grade team (he was in the 4th grade ) but my friends son has been on the team for a few years. He said they added 5 or 6 new kids from last years tryouts. Thats 25% of the team. I would call that a very fair tryout. I do not know how many kids were added to the 7th or 8th grade team from last years tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1000 per kid is cheap try more like $1500 per kid and always,always 24 kids because there is the fluff. Not including tryout revenue try $36K gross then multiply by 8 grades and 2 teams per grade that's $576K gross per org. Not too shabby for a summer gig! Let's not forget the endless barrage of camps and clinics once you are in the wheelhouse of one of thes larger programs. There is nothing wrong with asking all the questions beforehand and holding up the program to their end of the bargain. Just realize life is not always fair and if you are fortunate to be a part of a good team , encourage your child to play hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so much where the money goes but what your getting before you try out, I think is the point in this thread, from what I'm reading into it. Would you try our for a $2000 Igloo team that breakouts out everything your getting for $100 or any of these others that state nothing at this point and we know it changes from A to B teams etc..

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
IMPORTANT NOTE

There was an unknown conflict at Hofstra so True Blue will be revising their September 22nd tryout details.

Tryouts for Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 will be changed. BOTC will have the revised details as soon as they are available.

This update will effect the following grades:

Sixth Grade (2019)
Seventh Grade (2018)
Eighth Grade (2017)
Ninth Grade (2016)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as costs are concerned to run a team everyone should know. They are businesses and everyone understands that. But that is why if asked a club should be very clear on what a player gets for that money and where it goes.

I looked up all the clubs as this conversation had me curious.

Only one club team itemized exactly what each player gets, how much it is estimated to cost and is all inclusive. If everyone does their homework as you should you will figure it out quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
IMPORTANT NOTE

There was an unknown conflict at Hofstra so True Blue will be revising their September 22nd tryout details.

Tryouts for Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 will be changed. BOTC will have the revised details as soon as they are available.

Sixth Grade (2019)
Seventh Grade (2018)
Eighth Grade (2017)
Ninth Grade (2016)

When will True Blue list out which of the coaches listed on their website maps to which team? I'm trying to get this information but not getting anywhere. Does anyone on this thread or associated with True Blue have this information. Also, last season True Blue played in a spring league, are they also offering this in 2013 for all teams? There is no information on the site to what the teams get before tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The older kids should tryout on Sunday not Saturday. Many boys play MS and HS football that have games on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering what tournaments TB participated in, does anyone know? Do they stay on LI or travel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
IMPORTANT NOTE

Sixth Grade (2019)
Seventh Grade (2018)
Eighth Grade (2017)
Ninth Grade (2016)

When will True Blue list out which of the coaches listed on their website maps to which team? I'm trying to get this information but not getting anywhere. Does anyone on this thread or associated with True Blue have this information. Also, last season True Blue played in a spring league, are they also offering this in 2013 for all teams? There is no information on the site to what the teams get before tryouts.

BOTC could you please help with this request? You have accepted to advertise these tryouts but there is still no information to what the 2013 season will offer or who the coaches are for each of the teams listed in tryouts.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC could you please help with this request? You have accepted to advertise these tryouts but there is still no information to what the 2013 season will offer or who the coaches are for each of the teams listed in tryouts.
BOTC is working with the True Blue organization on their revised dates from September 22nd. As soon as all the details are available, they will be released.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish all clubs would be a little more transparent- especially on the older end- 7th and up. If you are keeping the majority of the team from last year and are only looking for one attack, 2 defense and possibly a back up goalie or one or two middies... then let the kids know going into the try out what their shot is at making the team. A strong, but not stand out player may decide to go try out with a team that has more openings. I also hope the clubs are true to their word this year and inform players within a certain number of days whether they made the team or not. If the kid is on the bubble and the club is waiting to see if they get commitments or not- just tell the kid- you are the next up, the third on the list etc. Be real- the kids need to learn from their try outs and know where they stand so they can continue on to try out for other teams and not be strung along in hopes it will work out or in silence. My son was issued an invitation from his second try out, after he did not make the club of his choice- but his friend did not get an invitation for almost a month later. That is a long time to make a kid wait and wonder and not tell them a thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are most of the practices held for True Blue 4th graders?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard