BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 70 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty clear now that regular season is done that Crabs is still most dominant club in Maryland. Hawks #2 in wins. Say what you want about Crabs but they don't play this daddy ball, daddy's friends with Coach that most these other clubs seem to run their teams with.

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1
No other club even close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pretty clear now that regular season is done that Crabs is still most dominant club in Maryland. Hawks #2 in wins. Say what you want about Crabs but they don't play this daddy ball, daddy's friends with Coach that most these other clubs seem to run their teams with.

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

No, they just play the "let me field a team 1-2 years old than the other teams"' to win a youth lacrosse game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

No, they just play the "let me field a team 1-2 years old than the other teams"' to win a youth lacrosse game.

Stop whining. No one on the 2022 or 2023 is born before spring of 2003/2004 for their grade. And the 2021s only have a few holdbacks. Come up with another excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Crabs is still the best club team around but the gap is narrowing quite a bit. Multiple teams are knocking at the door...

Stop whining. No one on the 2022 or 2023 is born before spring of 2003/2004 for their grade. And the 2021s only have a few holdbacks. Come up with another excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although the 2021 Crabs are extremely talented and have great depth, to say a few (which suggests a small number) just is not true. Please don't take me as a whiner as I for one welcome the challenge for my son as these older kids only make him better. Let's be honest with one another, it's at least 10-12 players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

The daddy ball thing is really hard to watch across all youth sports. The absolute worse thing is Dads who coach high level teams primarily to protect their kids from getting cut and making sure they get playing time. The funny thing is all the parents see right thru it. Kid better be an absolute stud or that team won't survive long term.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Crabs is still the best club team around but the gap is narrowing quite a bit. Multiple teams are knocking at the door...

Not an excuse.poster is just pointing out what everyone else already knows .funny you did not mention the 2020 with the whole starting line up plus some as older followed closely by the 2021s who have more than a few and will surely catch up next year in the uber holdback year. Give your team some time, they will catch up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

You are Hilarious. Now you have pushed the bar to " no one born before Spring of 2003/2004 " . What about the all the Summer birthday born children?? They are heldback according to USL age guidelines?? We know..they were in prefirst grade and not heldback..Little secret, it is the same thing! LOL

Why make up this BS..Just say that they are made up of many older players who get good coaching. Crabs have always had older teams even when it was age based. Just that the older players back then were made up of a lot of players born between Sept and Feb...Now they get a lot of heldback players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

2022 team did not play the top two teams in the standings. Let's revisit after the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca worst daddy ball I've seen in long time. Seems to follow them to CH which is why CH can't move through MIAA bracket.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although the 2021 Crabs are extremely talented and have great depth, to say a few (which suggests a small number) just is not true. Please don't take me as a whiner as I for one welcome the challenge for my son as these older kids only make him better. Let's be honest with one another, it's at least 10-12 players.

It absolutely is no were near 10-12 on Crabs 2021. Not even close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Well, if a 2022 player was born in Spring of 2003 they are 13 ( or getting ready). My son will finish the 2022 season at 11. 9/1/2003 is the cutroff for school so if a kid was born May 2003 then he started school late, was heldback/failed, or did that prefirst thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca worst daddy ball I've seen in long time. Seems to follow them to CH which is why CH can't move through MIAA bracket.

His son is a stud I'm not sure what you're talking about. Looneys has by far the worst daddy ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

2022 team did not play the top two teams in the standings. Let's revisit after the playoffs.

Crabs 2022 will not won anything all summer either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Only a few... ThIs is too funny! Not that you think the number is over estimated, but you say only a few - what-5/6 as if it's normal. Remember if any kid is worth their weight- they'd be playing up, not down.

If I was a parent of any holdback, I'd be worried if my team full of holdbacks was only beating other teams by 1 goal, losing or even in very competitive games with other on age teams. The holdbacks clearly can't "hold their own" even if they are 1-2 yrs older than their opponents. Remember parents, before you make a life changing decision for your kid, weigh the risks. Your kid may not be a game changer even on a younger team and in the long run may show better against kids his own age- at least the recruiters won't see him in evenly matched games or losing against younger kids. I'd think it's got to sting seeing younger kids recruited before your 1-2 yr older son. What happens if it doesn't pan out? Will it be worth it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His son is a stud I'm not sure what you're talking about. Looneys has by far the worst daddy ball

How about 9d1 MD? What's their daddy ball status?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 has multiple 16 year olds on their 8th grade team. The fact that they can't just bull rush their way through this league demonstrates just how weak they are skill wise. If any of the other teams in league played against kids who were 2 years younger they would roll. Not to mention that half the 2020 team will be on the 2021 next year. Crabs cheat - period. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Knock off your bullsh*t, Crabs has holdbacks even on their 2022 team, you know it and so do many others. Many have seen their rosters last November and we know the dates of birth. You can come on here and pound your puny chest all you want, the Crabs business model is well known, how Ryan M runs the program and it is build entirely around holdbacks.
Also remember, all other clubs that lose a game to Crabs do not consider it a loss, they consider it a scrimmage against an older team. Now we can wait for your blah blah blah reasoning as to why they are so great and there are hardly any holdbacks. Get a grip and face the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It absolutely is no were near 10-12 on Crabs 2021. Not even close

So you mean it is closer to 15-18 holdbacks? Is that what you are really trying to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

I would take daddy ball any day of the week than to be associated with a cesspool club like Crabs, which has no integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

I would take daddy ball any day of the week than to be associated with a cesspool club like Crabs, which has no integrity.

Ridiculous comment...you must either be a daddy coach or a beer drinking buddy of the daddy coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2021 Crabs have a bunch of holdbacks. I think that the parents like to think that pre-first is not a holdback. If your kid is a year older than the kids that are ON AGE for their grade, they are a holdback. I also heard a parent say that one of the 2023 kids is actually in 6th grade. Not sure if that is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me based on Crabs blatant disregard for the rules. Now they have holdback kids so their teams are older AND if a kid is in the correct grade for his age, they let him play down a grade and lie about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Ridiculous comment...you must either be a daddy coach or a beer drinking buddy of the daddy coach.

I do not like what some or most of these top clubs are about. But I will take that over Daddy ball every day of the week. Yelling coaches is better then coaches son playing more because he is the coaches son. And the other big thing with Daddy coaches is the Daddy coaches have friends who are dads of several other kids on the team. So you really never know if the coach is playing the best players at all times. Most coaches sons are good to great players. But when you see your son come out first when the team is up and not the coaches son it will just eat at you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well his son is one of the best if not the best player on the team. He on the other hand is one of the most despicable excuses for a coach and mentor of young boys in the game.

Why BOTC still chooses to advertise for his camps while editing out the name of his club is beyond me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Neither one. The statement is very clear, take that over being associated with Crabs. Daddy coach is not the preferred, but when it comes to Crabs and how dishonest that organization is run, led by Ryan McClernan. the fat king cheat, daddy coach at least isn't a cesspool like Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Neither one. The statement is very clear, take that over being associated with Crabs. Daddy coach is not the preferred, but when it comes to Crabs and how dishonest that organization is run, led by Ryan McClernan. the fat king cheat, daddy coach at least isn't a cesspool like Crabs.

I can not really grasp why your sons club coach needs to be such a great guy. I mold and control my sons morals and behavior. I can see a issue with a high school or college coach. But my son only spends time with his club coach on the practice field and game field. They do not sit down for hours and talk about life. Maybe your club coaches are spending this kind of time with you boys but I do not see it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2021 Crabs have a bunch of holdbacks. I think that the parents like to think that pre-first is not a holdback. If your kid is a year older than the kids that are ON AGE for their grade, they are a holdback. I also heard a parent say that one of the 2023 kids is actually in 6th grade. Not sure if that is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me based on Crabs blatant disregard for the rules. Now they have holdback kids so their teams are older AND if a kid is in the correct grade for his age, they let him play down a grade and lie about it.

How many Crabs kids were on a 2020 team last year. I can name at least 2 who were "re-classed" back to 7th grade this year from another club. Thanks for being the willing partner BL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read recent article by Quint K. Talks about less and less kids being recruited to play lacrosse out of MIAA because shift to recruiting athletes and not lacrosse players. Lots of daddy's sons are great lacrosse players but not very athletic. Well see how many make it to the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read recent article by Quint K. Talks about less and less kids being recruited to play lacrosse out of MIAA because shift to recruiting athletes and not lacrosse players. Lots of daddy's sons are great lacrosse players but not very athletic. Well see how many make it to the next level.

Quint's article said nothing of the sort. While he did say that some of the MIAA kids are not as athletic as kids in other areas of the country, you made up the part about them not being recruited. He mentioned that the MIAA kids have lacrosse IQ that the other, more athletic kids do not. Do you really think MIAA kids aren't being recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

I can not really grasp why your sons club coach needs to be such a great guy. I mold and control my sons morals and behavior. I can see a issue with a high school or college coach. But my son only spends time with his club coach on the practice field and game field. They do not sit down for hours and talk about life. Maybe your club coaches are spending this kind of time with you boys but I do not see it.

"I can not really grasp why your sons club coach needs to be such a great guy."

Really? Guy above is lunatic crab hater but you don't care about whether you sons lacrosse coach is a good person? Yes - I'd take a parent coach over a 20 something MLL guy who is a jerk. That said I'm sure many of those guys are good guys coaching for the right reasons...just like most of the dad coaches involved in clubs. We are fortunate in this area to have many who were both accomplished players and are dedicated to learning how to coach kids. Coaching your kids is never easy for a multitude of reasons. Kudos to those who volunteer and do it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Take a closer look at their coaches. There are some dads that coach.

Easy to be successful when you have some older players on the team. It's crazy how much better the 2022 team got from last years team. A lot of new faces on that team. Where did those kids come from? Older team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Easy to be successful when you have some older players on the team. It's crazy how much better the 2022 team got from last years team. A lot of new faces on that team. Where did those kids come from? Older team?

Stop throwing out lies. There is nobody on the 2022 team that was on Crabs or any other 2021 team last year. The new kids are from Club Blue, Koopers and one from PA.

Also, while of course some of the Crabs' coaches have kids that play for Crabs, it is very, very rare that they coach their own children.

I'll stand by for the Crabs 2022 team hasn't beaten anyone posts......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He said MIAA kids are being recruited..that's obvious. He said they are being recruited less then previous years because sport has grown and colleges would rather have athlete from FL or Michigan than a high lax IQ from MIAA. MIAA certainly has some athletes too but I see many small, slow, weak, and wussies that are great stick twirlers and understa b d the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Stop throwing out lies. There is nobody on the 2022 team that was on Crabs or any other 2021 team last year. The new kids are from Club Blue, Koopers and one from PA.

Also, while of course some of the Crabs' coaches have kids that play for Crabs, it is very, very rare that they coach their own children.

I'll stand by for the Crabs 2022 team hasn't beaten anyone posts......

What lies? There are dads that coach as you stated.

There are new faces on the 2022 team as you stated.

I asked the question where did they come from which you answered. Now since you know so much about the team.

How many are holdback? Please don't lie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And summer birthdays, those count as a half point in the shame on you contest we are all playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the ones that are "thinking" about it. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is an issue on some of their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Overall winning percentage for clubs' teams playing at the top level in HoCo (Elite, AA, etc.)
Crabs - 4 Teams - 22-2 - 92% (Crabs does not field 2024 & 2025 teams)
Hawks - 6 Teams - 22-14 - 61%
Team 91 - 4 Teams - 14-10 - 58%
Bethesda - 7 Teams - 23-18 - 56% (Bethesda had 3 teams a the top 2025 level)
Madlax - 4 Team - 12-11 - 52%
API Diamondbacks - 3 Teams - 8-10 - 44%
FCA - 4 Teams - 10-14 - 42%
Looney's - 5 Teams - 12-17 - 41%
Next Level - 4 Teams - 9-15 - 38%

Any club that could not field 3 teams at the top levels is not shown.

It does look like it is the Crabs and then a big gap between everyone else. (commence whining)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Captain Obvious!! Now for more news the sun will rise from the east tomorrow!

Village Idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Overall winning percentage for clubs' teams playing at the top level in HoCo (Elite, AA, etc.)
Crabs - 4 Teams - 22-2 - 92% (Crabs does not field 2024 & 2025 teams)
Hawks - 6 Teams - 22-14 - 61%
Team 91 - 4 Teams - 14-10 - 58%
Bethesda - 7 Teams - 23-18 - 56% (Bethesda had 3 teams a the top 2025 level)
Madlax - 4 Team - 12-11 - 52%
API Diamondbacks - 3 Teams - 8-10 - 44%
FCA - 4 Teams - 10-14 - 42%
Looney's - 5 Teams - 12-17 - 41%
Next Level - 4 Teams - 9-15 - 38%

Any club that could not field 3 teams at the top levels is not shown.

It does look like it is the Crabs and then a big gap between everyone else. (commence whining)

The Crabs in the past ( age base era smile ) had teams loaded with older players for their age group. The U13AA and U15AA had some talented kids on age. Many were near the older range of their age group.

Makes total sense now that the Crabs would get the most holdbacks/prefirsts ?? With the many holdbacks/prefirsts Crabs have, and many probably even older on age kids .. Crabs have some of the better teams by far.

Pretty predictable. Anyone getting close or beating them should be getting a medal.

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 70 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard