BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs will always push hard. That is their purpose in exchange for the prices they charge. If coaches recruited the best rising seniors versus the best rising freshmen, do you believe those are the same players? Kids in MD / DC who were the early recruits are already showing to be a less than 25% success. Many struggle to stand out on their high school teams.

UMD has had success. But Hop, UVA and UNC are not the "usual suspects" in the FF over the last 5 years since ER really took off. To the extent these programs have been reloading, what we have seen is they continue to go backwards. UVA would have lost to Tufts this year. UNC did get bombed in a scrimmage against Limestone. I know scrimmages don't / can't count because D3 teams can't schedule D1 teams for regular season games, but the result that day is what it is. I think if Petro started with a blank sheet for 2017s right now, he'd come back with a much better class than the ones he has on the way. Consider how badly Hop has struggled to find a good goalie since Bassett. Consider that UVA has lacked an elite attackman since Steele. Consider that neither UVA or Hop has been able to piece together a legit consistent contributing 2nd middie line for a few years. Petro is known as the best defensive coach in the game, but Hop hasn't had a top defense in years. The biggest believers in ER are those with skin in the game on the demand side...club guys and proud parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clubs will always push hard. That is their purpose in exchange for the prices they charge. If coaches recruited the best rising seniors versus the best rising freshmen, do you believe those are the same players? Kids in MD / DC who were the early recruits are already showing to be a less than 25% success. Many struggle to stand out on their high school teams.

UMD has had success. But Hop, UVA and UNC are not the "usual suspects" in the FF over the last 5 years since ER really took off. To the extent these programs have been reloading, what we have seen is they continue to go backwards. UVA would have lost to Tufts this year. UNC did get bombed in a scrimmage against Limestone. I know scrimmages don't / can't count because D3 teams can't schedule D1 teams for regular season games, but the result that day is what it is. I think if Petro started with a blank sheet for 2017s right now, he'd come back with a much better class than the ones he has on the way. Consider how badly Hop has struggled to find a good goalie since Bassett. Consider that UVA has lacked an elite attackman since Steele. Consider that neither UVA or Hop has been able to piece together a legit consistent contributing 2nd middie line for a few years. Petro is known as the best defensive coach in the game, but Hop hasn't had a top defense in years. The biggest believers in ER are those with skin in the game on the demand side...club guys and proud parents.

It is in the interest of the Club Directors to have the recruiting timeline pushed back. The college coaches can stop the early recruiting any time they want. Recruiting classes are never full, coaches will always find a spot for the right kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the coaches can not wait because the kids and the parents will not wait. They just don't have enough confidence and I'm not going to say they are wrong. If a kid wants to go to Hop but UNC offers a good package in 9th grade, the parents will take it rather than wait and the kid sucks it up, and it is a lock. There are just to many things that can go badly in the next few years. And if the coaches wait too long, all the studs will be taken and then people will say the coaches are dumb/lazy aren't working within the system.

its no win for the coaches and locking in is a win for the parents. The kids lose out, all of them.

If the NCAA gave a damn about the kids, they would put a stop to this, but they are a big business as well and they don't want to police anything because that impacts their bottom line. The NCAA is a joke. They have a proposal to act upon, they could fix this now and they will not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches can't wait because the parents and kids won't wait? So the parents and the kids control the supply side as well as the demand side?

The NCAA coaches look pathetic. And then beyond pathetic to ask the NCAA to play daddy when they can't but help themselves refrain. The most encouraging sign to me now us 3 things. 1. UVA sucks. 2. Hop sucks 3. UNC sucks. Let's see how well the early recruiting gurus do staying employed. The first one should be straight outa Charlottesville any time now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Marquette beating Denvet

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches can't wait because the parents and kids won't wait? So the parents and the kids control the supply side as well as the demand side?

The NCAA coaches look pathetic. And then beyond pathetic to ask the NCAA to play daddy when they can't but help themselves refrain. The most encouraging sign to me now us 3 things. 1. UVA sucks. 2. Hop sucks 3. UNC sucks. Let's see how well the early recruiting gurus do staying employed. The first one should be straight outa Charlottesville any time now.

UVA is a train wreck I agree, however I firmly believe that is a coaching issue not an ER issue. Hop and UNC will most likely be in the NCAA tourney so that story isnt written yet. UNC and Hop have disappointed for the most part save Hops final four appearance last year. Petro isnt going anywhere and I dont think UNC cares enough about lacrosse to boot Breschi although he clearly deserves it if they miss another final four. Duke, ND, Maryland and Denver are all ER players and I dont see any of their coaches going anywhere either. Unless something is done on the administrative side nothing will change and even if it does I dont see the landscape of college lacrosse changing all that much. The top programs will still get the top kids, theyll just get them later on in the process. It will hurt the clubs bottom line and the money grab showcase scene which is definitely not a bad thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UVA is a train wreck I agree, however I firmly believe that is a coaching issue not an ER issue. Hop and UNC will most likely be in the NCAA tourney so that story isnt written yet. UNC and Hop have disappointed for the most part save Hops final four appearance last year. Petro isnt going anywhere and I dont think UNC cares enough about lacrosse to boot Breschi although he clearly deserves it if they miss another final four. Duke, ND, Maryland and Denver are all ER players and I dont see any of their coaches going anywhere either. Unless something is done on the administrative side nothing will change and even if it does I dont see the landscape of college lacrosse changing all that much. The top programs will still get the top kids, theyll just get them later on in the process. It will hurt the clubs bottom line and the money grab showcase scene which is definitely not a bad thing.

You're missing the point! If Hop, UNC and UVA were in fact getting the "best" kids, they should be able to win. Rutgers beating Hop twice in the same year is proof positive. Supposedly, Hop has had the best recruiting classes year in and year out. Only ten kids on the field at one time. If in fact they are getting the "best" kids they should be able to beat Rutgers with their 3 string? No? Of course not. Because they are NOT getting the best kids. What more proof do you need? The best 9th graders are not the best college sophomores and juniors, that's a fact. Further, the over rated 20 year old college freshman that Hop has been recruiting are also not panning out either. If they were, they would be killing teams like Rutgers with their back ups. Clearly, kids who've played down from 8-12th grade cannot compete against older tougher, better competition when they get to college. Combine these two issues, with growth of the game and this is the result. Buckle in, it's going to continue at an exponentially rapid pace. Anyone notice MU knocking off Denver? The parity genie is out of the bottle and the biggest losers in this whole deal are the biggest supporters of ER and Hold back recruitment. I for one think it's great for the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're missing the point! If Hop, UNC and UVA were in fact getting the "best" kids, they should be able to win. Rutgers beating Hop twice in the same year is proof positive. Supposedly, Hop has had the best recruiting classes year in and year out. Only ten kids on the field at one time. If in fact they are getting the "best" kids they should be able to beat Rutgers with their 3 string? No? Of course not. Because they are NOT getting the best kids. What more proof do you need? The best 9th graders are not the best college sophomores and juniors, that's a fact. Further, the over rated 20 year old college freshman that Hop has been recruiting are also not panning out either. If they were, they would be killing teams like Rutgers with their back ups. Clearly, kids who've played down from 8-12th grade cannot compete against older tougher, better competition when they get to college. Combine these two issues, with growth of the game and this is the result. Buckle in, it's going to continue at an exponentially rapid pace. Anyone notice MU knocking off Denver? The parity genie is out of the bottle and the biggest losers in this whole deal are the biggest supporters of ER and Hold back recruitment. I for one think it's great for the game.

I agree parity is here to stay. Marquette over DU, Hartford knocks off Albany. Marquettes success has everything to do with coaching, that guy has done a phenomenal job in such a short time. Again, I think parity is here to stay but I am not convinced ER has anything to do with the success or failures of some of the big teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree parity is here to stay. Marquette over DU, Hartford knocks off Albany. Marquettes success has everything to do with coaching, that guy has done a phenomenal job in such a short time. Again, I think parity is here to stay but I am not convinced ER has anything to do with the success or failures of some of the big teams.

Maybe Marquette recruited the right players. Not a whole lot of UA AA's or other blather on their roster, just w whole lot of Team Captains and All County players. Look like a team of leaders and solid, not spectacular players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Marquette recruited the right players. Not a whole lot of UA AA's or other blather on their roster, just w whole lot of Team Captains and All County players. Look like a team of leaders and solid, not spectacular players.

Don't forget the Canadian Box players

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also recruited much later, they had to. They've only been a program for 4 years. So it seems they may have taken kids that the ole guard teams passed on in 9th and 10th grade. ER is definitely one of the reasons these teams are not as dominate as they once were. Some of the recruits are simply just not panning out. You just can't argue that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Binghamton fired their coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About time. Couldn't win games with a loaded roster of talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also recruited much later, they had to. They've only been a program for 4 years. So it seems they may have taken kids that the ole guard teams passed on in 9th and 10th grade. ER is definitely one of the reasons these teams are not as dominate as they once were. Some of the recruits are simply just not panning out. You just can't argue that.

That was what I was implying, looks like they recruited the right type of player. No issue with early recruiting, but it does seem to be getting a bit out of hand. Maybe recruiting proven Juniors and Seniors is going to come back into vogue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when do the 2016 2017 hires get announced

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Binghamton can be up there in the America East as you can see anything can happen. They need a coach that not only knows his Xs and Os but someone who they can look up to and respect both on and off the field. When the team wants to win for each other AND the coach magic can happen. That wasn't the case previously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Binghamton can be up there in the America East as you can see anything can happen. They need a coach that not only knows his Xs and Os but someone who they can look up to and respect both on and off the field. When the team wants to win for each other AND the coach magic can happen. That wasn't the case previously.

The only bad thing that will happen to them is Princeton and a few others will be looking for a coach within the next few weeks. A few current coaches will jump at these but what is the pecking order

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How secure is stony brook coach four straight years no NCAA tournament especially this year, Team full of seniors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How secure is stony brook coach four straight years no NCAA tournament especially this year, Team full of seniors.

Great point. America East is in disarray right now. Vermont coach stepped down, Binghamton coach fired and Stony Brook coach just isnt getting the job done. Albany and Hartford seem to be in good shape as far as coaching and young talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great point. America East is in disarray right now. Vermont coach stepped down, Binghamton coach fired and Stony Brook coach just isnt getting the job done. Albany and Hartford seem to be in good shape as far as coaching and young talent.

Maybe JS can take another job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe JS can take another job!

stick to chicks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love nothing more than to see Nagle get the ax from Stony Brook. Can't win an AE Playoff game with "his" senior class and the the guy wouldn't know a in game adjustment if it smacked him in the face. Sad part is they didn't interview anyone else when he got the job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't see how Nagle keeps his job with all those seniors graduating it's a perfect time to start fresh. Far less returning talent than he had this year and with the poor schedule he plays it's embarrassing. Same for Hofstra How long are these leashes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has no clue about mens game. Don't even try to bring up pro's. Surrounds himself with asst who know the game more than him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back before being head coach in pro he was D coach of Liizards sadly enough I was a practice squad player lolol and he definitely knows his stuff but Def more of a defensive minded men's coach. But why would he leave his gig now Makes no sense at all has it going really well and supposedly has zero interest. The larger question is the terrible job the current men's coach is doing there. Thought this was the year to make the NCAAs the same can be said about Hofstra, how can Marquette be doing what they are doing and not a Hofstra or Stoby Brook or even St Johns. I understand the Marylands and syracuses but schools like Marquette etc. would a Matt Danowski be interested in one of the Long Osland jobs ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think Matt Danowski would be a great get for either school could perhaps get some LIers to stay home

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all wave good bye to UVA, Duke, Hop and very shortly UNC. You heard it here, earlier in the year. You had folks saying "they'll all be in the final four". Truth be told, Hop didn't even belong in the tournament, they are simply a .500 lacrosse team. The biggest offenders of recruiting holdbacks and double holds as well as 14 year olds are all on the tournament scrap heap. UNC with all it's "top" recruits (not) could barley get by a team that's only been around for 4 years. Don't know for sure, but I'm sure MU didn't have any Inside Lacrosse ranked or Ty X ranked kids on the team. Yet somehow they nearly knocked off a team loaded with kids who were committed to UNC before MU even had a D1 program!!! A total and utter affirmation of the ill's of ER recruiting and Holdbacks. These kids are not panning out for the most part, true some are, but most aren't. The best 8th graders are not the best college players, now a fact. Kids who excel at playing down one two to years cannot compete at the next level. Proven fact. Not sure why these coaches continue to recruit from this pool, its just not working out for the most part. Quite frankly, I'm loving it. Only wish MU got rid of UNC, pretty sure that happens next week. It's great for the sport! Go, Brown, Loyola, Towson and Yale!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all wave good bye to UVA, Duke, Hop and very shortly UNC. You heard it here, earlier in the year. You had folks saying "they'll all be in the final four". Truth be told, Hop didn't even belong in the tournament, they are simply a .500 lacrosse team. The biggest offenders of recruiting holdbacks and double holds as well as 14 year olds are all on the tournament scrap heap. UNC with all it's "top" recruits (not) could barley get by a team that's only been around for 4 years. Don't know for sure, but I'm sure MU didn't have any Inside Lacrosse ranked or Ty X ranked kids on the team. Yet somehow they nearly knocked off a team loaded with kids who were committed to UNC before MU even had a D1 program!!! A total and utter affirmation of the ill's of ER recruiting and Holdbacks. These kids are not panning out for the most part, true some are, but most aren't. The best 8th graders are not the best college players, now a fact. Kids who excel at playing down one two to years cannot compete at the next level. Proven fact. Not sure why these coaches continue to recruit from this pool, its just not working out for the most part. Quite frankly, I'm loving it. Only wish MU got rid of UNC, pretty sure that happens next week. It's great for the sport! Go, Brown, Loyola, Towson and Yale!

Although you make some good points, again I do not believe ER is the root cause of these programs not doing well. In the case of the Hop, they were missing 5 of their top midfielders due to injuries and one suspension. If they are not in the mix next season I will concede to you that their early recruits did not work out. As for UNC, coaching is clearly the problem there. They have plenty of talent and always have and they consistently underachieve. Marquette's coaching staff did an amazing job and they should be commended and I think their program is a prime example of the parity that exists in the sport. In the case of UVA, coaching is DEFINITELY their problem, as evidenced by the AD's comments recently. Starsia's days are clearly numbered. UVAs roster is filled with talent, no reason they should be missing the tournament or losing ACC games as they are. Brown and Yale are experiencing a resurgence this season which is great for the sport. Loyola and Towson have always been solid programs so no surprise there. I think it remains to be seen what effect if any ER has had on the sport, I personally think it has more to do with parity and coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking forward to seeing either Brown or Yale on TV in the second half of a tight Final Four game where Quint chimes in "here's where you start to see the fatigue of an Ivy competing against a scholarship program with all the athletes that Hopkins has"...then the part where he realizes he's not calling a Hopkins game.

Look on the bright side Jays fans, this is literally a two week head start on getting 2020s committed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think the teams the ER aren't left? Just silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the three extra blank pages on this thread get removed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The #1 team in the country, Maryland, will most likely be in the final four again and they are one of the most notorious early recruiters as are the Cuse who tends to be there every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland will lose if they play Cuse. Maryland can't beat a dynamic offensive team when it counts. Cuse is a bad example to hold out as an ER bandit. They take 20+ kids a year and redshirt most of them, then most of those quit from year one to two. Cuse is the program you sign up for to tryout while calling yourself a commit, and at $60K a year tuition the university won't mind that at all. Cuse is good because the talent pool in the Rochester/Albany corridor is fantastic, lots of LI kids grew up fans, and most importantly they have access to Six Nations kids. The ER carnival wagon for the rest of their roster fills out their practice squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly??? The only ER left is MD, they haven't won anything in decades... 3 or 4 of their top players are transfers. Most all of the other teams have been much later recruiters until very recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly??? The only ER left is MD, they haven't won anything in decades... 3 or 4 of their top players are transfers. Most all of the other teams have been much later recruiters until very recently.

Silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And another early recruiter in Denver out!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow....its like the Hunger Games in here. Looks like you want every head coach fired. You do realize, only one coach wins in the end!
Lose a game = Lose your job. Glad you are all so perfect at what you do and would never have to worry about being fired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly.

Don't worry, MD goes back on the scrap heap next week. Cuse takes care of business and Tillman chokes again. BTW Cuse just started recruiting early this year. What do Brown, Towson, Loyola, Navy all have in common, much later recruiters. Silly isn't it?
Next week MD and UNC join the others who got all those "top" recruits... Too funny. I love how Hop just gets blown out and the talking heads try to blame it on injuries... They should be killing Brown with their 3rd stringers. They were all "top recruits" lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly.

Don't worry, MD goes back on the scrap heap next week. Cuse takes care of business and Tillman chokes again. BTW Cuse just started recruiting early this year. What do Brown, Towson, Loyola, Navy all have in common, much later recruiters. Silly isn't it?
Next week MD and UNC join the others who got all those "top" recruits... Too funny. I love how Hop just gets blown out and the talking heads try to blame it on injuries... They should be killing Brown with their 3rd stringers. They were all "top recruits" lol.

Silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dom is out. U Va not renewing his contract.

Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard