BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 75 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think the Florida Penn state could be a good one as well!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Put the armour on the girls and a good number on them will either stop playing, or never start. That is what my daughter believes. And she was a collegiate AA and played on USA. She is 5'6" and weighs about 125. She has no interest in hitting or being hit, and is convinced the level of contact will increase with helmets. She has also said the number of times someone's head makes contact with you when you play is fairly high, glancing you when going for ground balls or ducking a head while trying to drive past a defender. Things that aren't going to cause injury but there is contact nevertheless. She has zero interest in getting hit with a helmet every time those things occur.

so let me get this straight. getting hit in your helmet by another helmet is somehow worse than head-to-head contact??? not sure you have played contact sports before. I mean if they start enforcing the rule book none of this would be an issue. but they don't. you can crosscheck, the girls swing the lumber right next to the head, and whats the worse that happens???? go 4 yds behind? big freakin deal...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]the MD NU game shows just how physical the womens sport is. more chopping than a hibachi restaurant and the officials haven't pulled out a single card. NU players with cut off shirts to show how jacked the are from old-school powerlifting routine. game is changing so rapidly.

NO one wants to watch women looking like men. Keep the speed creativity and fluidity in and get the jacked women out and GET THE HACKING OUT OF THE GAME! This is 4 years and done. Have the ladies still be ladies after 4 years

couldn't agree more. the guys games are on all the time, plenty to watch. jacked arms, huge quads all for the sake of holding up to getting bashed with a check or a metal shafted cross check.. who needs it! its just a more crowded, uglier version of the mens game. and because of shooting space you get 5x the whistles.. its unwatchable. and the crowds and the rating back it up. its sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"get the jacked women out". "Have the ladies still be ladies". What??? Anorexia combined with splash of submissiveness is ideal?

Just Wow....you criticize athletes who strive to be the best they can be....who dedicate themselves to being stronger, faster, and more skilled than you could ever wish to be? I can guess your gut is about as round as you are tall, and you are the typical jacka** on the sidelines screaming "RUN" to your kid when YOU haven't moved more than 10 feet at any given stretch of time for the last 20+ years. These women are beautiful. I realize they have the muscles you always wished you could have, but get a grip and crawl back in your hole. God bless them and their dedication. They SHOULD show off their muscles and be proud of what hard work can do. They are beautiful women who were obviously blessed with parents who taught them to be proud of who they are and the bodies that God gave them. I feel very sorry for your daughter.

under / over on how many tattoes this guy has: 5
how many ounces of cologne he splashes on: 2.5
favorite singer : Eddie Money (likely served together on the force)
how many times he has been asked to leave a game by the officials: 4

anyone for the under???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put the armour on the girls and a good number on them will either stop playing, or never start. That is what my daughter believes. And she was a collegiate AA and played on USA. She is 5'6" and weighs about 125. She has no interest in hitting or being hit, and is convinced the level of contact will increase with helmets. She has also said the number of times someone's head makes contact with you when you play is fairly high, glancing you when going for ground balls or ducking a head while trying to drive past a defender. Things that aren't going to cause injury but there is contact nevertheless. She has zero interest in getting hit with a helmet every time those things occur.

so let me get this straight. getting hit in your helmet by another helmet is somehow worse than head-to-head contact??? not sure you have played contact sports before. I mean if they start enforcing the rule book none of this would be an issue. but they don't. you can crosscheck, the girls swing the lumber right next to the head, and whats the worse that happens???? go 4 yds behind? big freakin deal...

how about the dangerous follow though? ever see that called. in the florida vs temple game the freshman powerlifter from Mt Sinai ripped a shot and her follow through just bludgeoned the defender right on her neck/ shoulder area. the Florida bench was livid they waived off the goal. she didn't even get a card.

player safety is not even a consideration out there. might as well stop publishing that rulebook we all get every year. its like watching the NHL in the 70's. all brawling, no room for finesse players. Maybe they should allow designated goons to throw down and protect the littler ones..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said helmet to helmet, she is as concerned about getting hit with a helmet on other parts of her body. She is as concerned about a player, out of control, losing her footing and slamming a helmet into her knees. She also feels that with the protection the stick swinging will get worse, not better. But hey, she's got her free ride, her degree, and her memories playing a great game. If the next generation wants to make it a contact sport with pads then just be prepared for the growth of the game to slow.
And yes I've played both football and rugby. But what I've played isn't really relevant, I think the views of someone who actually plays the game, and plays it better than most is perhaps more important to listen to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best games are crisp, fast paced with tons of athleticism and creativity. The worst games are when you stack the defense and hack the [lacrosse] out of people because you are either a goon or slow. It's a great game when its clean, fast and the ball is spread around to try and eliminate stat hounds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best games are crisp, fast paced with tons of athleticism and creativity. The worst games are when you stack the defense and hack the [lacrosse] out of people because you are either a goon or slow. It's a great game when its clean, fast and the ball is spread around to try and eliminate stat hounds.

well apparently the much talked about "growth of the game" is manifesting itself much more on the Men's side only. this weekend the men have 8 games on ESPN U. women have just 2 games on ESPN3 -- yes the watch on the lap top jokeola version.

so if you think the womens look so great all jacked up from Romanian deadlifts and sumo squats then you seem to be in the minority. and if the hacking, crosschecking and the backer zone are so great, gas up your car and head out to Evanston. they're probly hitting the weights right now to get a good swell on for those tank top jerseys they are sporting.

please start calling the rule book. reign in the physical play its good for no one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well apparently the much talked about "growth of the game" is manifesting itself much more on the Men's side only. this weekend the men have 8 games on ESPN U. women have just 2 games on ESPN3 -- yes the watch on the lap top jokeola version.

so if you think the womens look so great all jacked up from Romanian deadlifts and sumo squats then you seem to be in the minority. and if the hacking, crosschecking and the backer zone are so great, gas up your car and head out to Evanston. they're probly hitting the weights right now to get a good swell on for those tank top jerseys they are sporting.

please start calling the rule book. reign in the physical play its good for no one.

For ESPN3 games, I disconnect my DVD player and replace it with my laptop. The game then is on the TV screen - looks just like a regular broadcast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For ESPN3 games, I disconnect my DVD player and replace it with my laptop. The game then is on the TV screen - looks just like a regular broadcast.

Attendance at the finals has been in a death spiral over the last decade. Thus the shot clock and moving back to LI and NC for future finals to try and stop the bleeding. Time will tell but jacked up players is NOT the fix the game needs IMO. Isolation plays and the stall are terrible to watch

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attendance at the finals has been in a death spiral over the last decade. Thus the shot clock and moving back to LI and NC for future finals to try and stop the bleeding. Time will tell but jacked up players is NOT the fix the game needs IMO. Isolation plays and the stall are terrible to watch

Who are these jacked up players your talking about...the game has never been faster nor more athletic.. your kid needs to keep up.. or get out of the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the fix, just call the hacking, start carding them and then toss their asses out of the game like the rules are written

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls manage to play ice hockey in the same equipment as the boys. Maybe your daughters are just weak?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bout C Murph getting #99 in a win over BC today. It's a D1 record. Going for 100 vs Cuse this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bout C Murph getting #99 in a win over BC today. It's a D1 record. Going for 100 vs Cuse this weekend.

Phenomenal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great game to watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we even discussing women's lax like it should be on TV at all? Consider the games on ESPN3 a gift! Hey parents, wake up, even your daughters don't watch. And thank god they are more athletic because the game was too slow before and maybe, just maybe the changes will speed it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls manage to play ice hockey in the same equipment as the boys. Maybe your daughters are just weak?

Women's hockey and Men's hockey are essentially identical with the exception being the women aren't supposed to hit. Women's lacrosse and Men's lacrosse have been, and should remain different sports.

If you want girls to play the boys game start a league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please with the nonsense. Tell me why she stays in and puts up numbers against such weak teams? Do you not think Megan Whittle or Kayla Treanor or Salena Lasota or any number of other better scorers in the college game today would not score many more under those same circumstances? It is a shame that this coach has played it this way. Take a lesson from the classy coaches please JS. Just watched Coach Amonte Hiller pull every starter against Louisville tonight with meaningful minutes left to play and a 8 goal lead. It should not be about stat padding.

GO CUSE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we even discussing women's lax like it should be on TV at all? Consider the games on ESPN3 a gift! Hey parents, wake up, even your daughters don't watch. And thank god they are more athletic because the game was too slow before and maybe, just maybe the changes will speed it up.

Why are you coming onto a womens lacrosse discussion and being a [lacrosse] .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any hulu or Roku device lets you watch all the ESPN3 stuff and most, if not all, remain available to watch a replay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please with the nonsense. Tell me why she stays in and puts up numbers against such weak teams? Do you not think Megan Whittle or Kayla Treanor or Salena Lasota or any number of other better scorers in the college game today would not score many more under those same circumstances? It is a shame that this coach has played it this way. Take a lesson from the classy coaches please JS. Just watched Coach Amonte Hiller pull every starter against Louisville tonight with meaningful minutes left to play and a 8 goal lead. It should not be about stat padding.

GO CUSE!

What a jerk you are. Just say congratulations to a fine young lady. Do you have a Coach Amonte poster on your wall? I can't imagine what mourning will go on when NU gets beat. Then you will have to decide is it the NU coach or the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some intriguing second round match ups after a few great games yesterday watched BC vs SB and JmU Stanford. Two real good games.

Northwestern vs ND
MD vs Hop
Cuss vs SB
Towson vs upenn
Florida vs penn st
Umass vs Cornell
UNC vs Duke
USC vs Stanford

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

GO CUSE!

Amen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

GO CUSE!

Amen!
Dont even know this girl but why are people so damn jealous? Just congratulate the girl which should be your first instinct not trying to knock down her achievement. It is not your daughter vs. her, only in your warped mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak team? Yesterday's game was as close as one could get. Why would he pull out his leading scorer? Keep up the great work Stony Brook!! Good luck tomorrow!.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it's jealousy or anger toward the player. She should be congratulated, as should each and every student athlete for what they do. It's not easy. The Coach on the other hand is the same coach while at Adelphi was beating an opponent, whom had 2 subs, by 15 at the and continued playing his starters. Does this frequently. Yes he has the results to back up his style but in my opinion needs to respect the game, opponent, the families that come to watch, and his own players that don't touch the field in a 16-1 halftime blowout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's post season lacrosse the best time !! Enjoy it

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't think it's jealousy or anger toward the player. She should be congratulated, as should each and every student athlete for what they do. It's not easy. The Coach on the other hand is the same coach while at Adelphi was beating an opponent, whom had 2 subs, by 15 at the and continued playing his starters. Does this frequently. Yes he has the results to back up his style but in my opinion needs to respect the game, opponent, the families that come to watch, and his own players that don't touch the field in a 16-1 halftime blowout

/|\ This.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern over ND tomorrow !!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I see four great games tomorrow and four teams that SHOULD move on.

Moving on--Maryland, Penn, Florida, USC

In the other four--I think ND gets by NU but NU dismantled Louisville so I think we see a great game. If ND loses it's another under-performing year.

Syracuse over SB. Despite SB win over BC I didn't see anything that convinces me they can beat Syracuse.

I think UMass beats Cornell. I was not impressed at all with Cornell. UMass schedule doesn't help them but they have solid scoring options from several players.

NC over Duke. Duke did not overwhelm this season but I think they keep it close.

Lets see how wrong I am!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hop Maryland should be a fun one

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

GO CUSE!

Two thoughts. Don't take anything away from girl. If you are on the field and you are a goal scorer you score goals. I have no problem with that. Next year you will have a shot clock. I think the game is going to be a bit messy but you are going to have teams shooting when they are up big on a team. I hope we don't have a "hold the ball then turn it over" scenario. bad for the game.

The SB coach does not trust his bench; never has. SB has no depth to their bench. The other teams mentioned do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak team? Yesterday's game was as close as one could get. Why would he pull out his leading scorer? Keep up the great work Stony Brook!! Good luck tomorrow!.

Don't think anybody was talking about yesterday's game - referring to all the regular season blowouts against weak conference opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Amonte Hiller come in a fathead version?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does NCAA decide which top officials go where ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Amonte Hiller come in a fathead version?

Inflatable?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

In the other four--I think ND gets by NU but NU dismantled Louisville so I think we see a great game. If ND loses it's another under-performing year.

Syracuse over SB. Despite SB win over BC I didn't see anything that convinces me they can beat Syracuse.

I think UMass beats Cornell. I was not impressed at all with Cornell. UMass schedule doesn't help them but they have solid scoring options from several players.

NC over Duke. Duke did not overwhelm this season but I think they keep it close.

Are any games televised?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GO CUSE!

What a jerk you are. Just say congratulations to a fine young lady. Do you have a Coach Amonte poster on your wall? I can't imagine what mourning will go on when NU gets beat. Then you will have to decide is it the NU coach or the players.

I don't care about NU. Amonte-Hiller is a great coach. I'm sure they will lose at some point in the tournament. As will all teams except one moron.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear

Are any games televised?

Duke vs NC
Northwestern vs Notre Dame

Both on ESPN3. I watch on my TV through Apple TV. You can watch on a tablet or computer as well with ESPN3.

Check each team's schedules for live feeds.

Page 23 of 75 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard