BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 111 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they had National Rankings for teams that can work the ball around the perimeter, with an occasional dodge until pressure is felt and then pull it out and pass it around the perimeter some more, Chaminade would be at the top of that poll.

I'm sorry, that is not an offense. That is a game of group catch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The problem is the coaching. St Anthony's gets out coached every year because they don't make changes. St Anthony's should have won that game. What a dismantle. Let the same kids make the same mistakes over and over. They will lose the next two games because Chaminade is ready every year. They watch film and adjust accordingly.n SA doesn't.

guess not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they had National Rankings for teams that can work the ball around the perimeter, with an occasional dodge until pressure is felt and then pull it out and pass it around the perimeter some more, Chaminade would be at the top of that poll.

Are you the Dad who yelled out "play offense"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I'm an alum who was watching on MSG Varsity. I've been to a few, watched a few more, and get frustrated that the offense is so predictable, Most defenders are told to keep their "head on a swivel", playing Chaminade that phrase changes to "watch the ball".

You disagree?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did Chaminade lose today?

Other teams had more goals!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the one who yelled out "Boring!!" ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I'm an alum who was watching on MSG Varsity. I've been to a few, watched a few more, and get frustrated that the offense is so predictable, Most defenders are told to keep their "head on a swivel", playing Chaminade that phrase changes to "watch the ball".

You disagree?

Right on target.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the one who yelled out "Boring!!" ?

That also was an an alum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has managed to make lacrosse boring. It's been hard to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd love to see these two head coaches play with mediocre talent. They would retire so quickly your head would spin. You win a million championships because you are in a two team league. St Anthonys has college like athletic facilities. Chaminade the academics. These head coaches could roll out a bucket of balls and sit in lounge chairs. Like the saying goes, "if you build it, they will come." That's regardless of who directs the show.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEXT YEAR CHAMINADE WILL BE AWESOME. SENSATIONAL GOALIE COMING UP NEXT YEAR. WILL GET TWO BIG YEARS FROM HIM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEXT YEAR CHAMINADE WILL BE AWESOME. SENSATIONAL GOALIE COMING UP NEXT YEAR. WILL GET TWO BIG YEARS FROM HIM

Thanks SOPH Dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or mommy.
he/she has a good point tho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not only St. Anthony's and Chaminade that have solid lacrosse players entering their programs. Look at the towns that have excellent town and PAL programs. The likes of Garden City, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor, Farmingdale, and Syosset in Nassau County and in Suffolk you have West Islip, Three Village, Smithtown East/West, Northport, Huntington and Connequot. Sorry is I missed any. There's a lot more towns with solid teams in the last 5 or 6 years. Not making Little League baseball an after thought but almost in some communities. So please stop the BS that St. A's and Chaminade coaches don't need to coach. What about all those other towns mentioned. Bottom line is the popularity of lacrosse has helped a lot of school programs become very relevant in the last few years. So stop trashing the coaches. They put time, energy, love of the game and knowledge back into the sport. Stop your petty posts. Thank you....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgot Pequa my apologies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks SOPH Dad!

Ty X says my Sophomore is the best. He will rip it up on Varsity next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also for all you haters of St. Anthony's and Chaminade according to LaxPower Strength of Schedule, St. Anthonys plays the 4th and Chaminade the 9th toughest schedules in the country.
Smithtown East is 3rd and Ward Melville is 11th. There's no other Long Island school listed in the top 20.

I'm finished...sure your happy about that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or mommy.
he/she has a good point tho.

What's the point "though"?

Every year the incoming class think they are the saviors because they tore up JV against all schools that move any decent player to varsity, except one! And St Ant's is starting to do that as well. The good news is , you will make the finals again next year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks SOPH Dad!

Ty X likes LarryMiller's over Manhasset Deli........shows you he doesn't know much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks SOPH Dad!

Sorry......went to his games recently.....teammates call him a nickname......SWISS CHEESE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also for all you haters of St. Anthony's and Chaminade according to LaxPower Strength of Schedule, St. Anthonys plays the 4th and Chaminade the 9th toughest schedules in the country.
Smithtown East is 3rd and Ward Melville is 11th. There's no other Long Island school listed in the top 20.

I'm finished...sure your happy about that!

So if you are 4th and 9th in the nation with 100's of kids coming out for the team, how does 123rd in the nation stack up with 15 kids that can play and underclassmen filling in the voids? I guess coaching does matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you are 4th and 9th in the nation with 100's of kids coming out for the team, how does 123rd in the nation stack up with 15 kids that can play and underclassmen filling in the voids? I guess coaching does matter. [/quote]

No doubt coaching matters. Chaminade's is off the charts terrible with the talent they have there this year. To end the season with potentially 7 losses is the worst season in 20 years. But they will blame the kids and say they didn't listen to their 1981 offense that they keep running (again, a former goalie is their offensive coordinator). The game has passed those coaches by. Maybe they should worry about teaching the kids instead of trying to be tough guys. Also, they should probably stop playing politics - as bad there as anywhere I have seen it (and I have 4 kids).

St. As is a little better because they don't have nearly the talent this year that Chaminade has but has beat them twice (albeit by 1 goal each time).

Like a previous poster said. With the amount of talent on these teams the coaches could just roll out a ball and get 12 wins - looks like that's what they did this year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you are 4th and 9th in the nation with 100's of kids coming out for the team, how does 123rd in the nation stack up with 15 kids that can play and underclassmen filling in the voids? I guess coaching does matter.

No doubt coaching matters. Chaminade's is off the charts terrible with the talent they have there this year. To end the season with potentially 7 losses is the worst season in 20 years. But they will blame the kids and say they didn't listen to their 1981 offense that they keep running (again, a former goalie is their offensive coordinator). The game has passed those coaches by. Maybe they should worry about teaching the kids instead of trying to be tough guys. Also, they should probably stop playing politics - as bad there as anywhere I have seen it (and I have 4 kids).

St. As is a little better because they don't have nearly the talent this year that Chaminade has but has beat them twice (albeit by 1 goal each time).

Like a previous poster said. With the amount of talent on these teams the coaches could just roll out a ball and get 12 wins - looks like that's what they did this year...
[/quote]
Being a goalie has nothing to do with it. Just an FYI the coach of the Washington Capitals is a former Hofstra lacrosse player. They are a pretty damn good hockey team. They're are many people coaching who were defensive players coaching offenses and offensive players coaching defense. It's the coach, not the former position. Was he a D1 goalie? I'm sure his many years of lacrosse opened him up to offenses, and also, who better to know offensive strategy than a goalie? He has seen it all, played against it, knows what works, what doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are you getting 100 kids coming out for Varsity team ??
Not even close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being a goalie has nothing to do with it. Just an FYI the coach of the Washington Capitals is a former Hofstra lacrosse player. They are a pretty damn good hockey team. They're are many people coaching who were defensive players coaching offenses and offensive players coaching defense. It's the coach, not the former position. Was he a D1 goalie? I'm sure his many years of lacrosse opened him up to offenses, and also, who better to know offensive strategy than a goalie? He has seen it all, played against it, knows what works, what doesn't. [/quote]

Not to be that guy, but I think you are referring to John Cooper the head Coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning, who did indeed play club hockey and D1 lacrosse for Hofstra. He played midfield and is known for creating great cultures of winning and tradition.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

Reading comprehension not your strong suit. If 4th and 9th place rankings were mentioned, then I would believe we are talking about Anthonys and Chammy combined. So let me ask you. Tell me the total number of kids showing up in the spring for lacrosse for both of those schools, all grades. Give me a number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

Reading comprehension not your strong suit. If 4th and 9th place rankings were mentioned, then I would believe we are talking about Anthonys and Chammy combined. So let me ask you. Tell me the total number of kids showing up in the spring for lacrosse for both of those schools, all grades. Give me a number.

I would guess combined Both Schools
Freshman 150
Soph 100
Jr/Sr 150

I would suspect my number for Soph and up might be to heavy, as I would think the teams are picked and attrition occurs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALL grades you can say 100 for many schools across the Island. You make it sound like every kid at Cham and St Anthonys plays lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said 100's. Which in most circles means multiple 100's 2,3,4
SPlit it down the middle. Still wrong. After first year freshmen tryouts for both schools the number goes down significantly. Many don't try out year after year. Although St anthonys adds year after year to their classses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Your comment about St. A having less talent than Cham is completely off-base. Go watch the game on MSG Varsity. St. A is clearly - without doubt - the more athletic team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comment about St. A having less talent than Cham is completely off-base. Go watch the game on MSG Varsity. St. A is clearly - without doubt - the more athletic team.[/quote]

Right. Which is why there is a dedicated "St. Anthony's" topic on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPlit it down the middle. Still wrong. After first year freshmen tryouts for both schools the number goes down significantly. Many don't try out year after year. Although St anthonys adds year after year to their classses

Compare those numbers to every other Catholic school and the publics they play. Add in a built in feeder program and tell me they shouldn't be undefeated. A 12-9 game against SJB? Stop. Coaching does matter. Alot! And fat and happy make you complacent. Go ask some of the ACC teams about being fat and happy and how that has turned out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comment about St. A having less talent than Cham is completely off-base. Go watch the game on MSG Varsity. St. A is clearly - without doubt - the more athletic team.

Right. Which is why there is a dedicated "St. Anthony's" topic on this board. [/quote]

Have to agree. St A defense much better, St A Midfield better, Attack even.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is going to become a lot more interesting over the next few days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compare those numbers to every other Catholic school and the publics they play. Add in a built in feeder program and tell me they shouldn't be undefeated. A 12-9 game against SJB? Stop. Coaching does matter. Alot! And fat and happy make you complacent. Go ask some of the ACC teams about being fat and happy and how that has turned out.

What is the built in feeder program?, Catechism class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thread is Chaminade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go away!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the built in feeder program?, Catechism class?

LIE, wisenheimer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the Express feeder program theory. It is old, stale and has been debunked time and time again. Over the past few years in particular. Lots of fl$ kids and 91 kids. Enough. Let's get back to how bad the offense is or how the coaching staff repeatedly finds ways to lose close games year after year after year. Much more valid theories.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

100 come out freshman year for lax, by varsity obviously the hopefuls have dwindled.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 111 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard