BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 77 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk 1 playoffs should be fun to watch. No real favorite in my eyes. If I was a betting man however, give me the Patriots of WM right now. They have the best defensive coach and the best defense led by some outstanding players. Offense has stepped up last few games from guys that are not even their "go-to-guys". Very balanced offense with 6 guys who can take you to the rack at anytime. Would love to see a SE-WM rematch at SBU. Anyone else have any predictions?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Glad to see some stat padding was being done yesterday . Helps the kids resumes but smart people know what happens in big games against the better opponents.

So everyone should just stop playing, silly, just play you can't choose your opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see some stat padding was being done yesterday . Helps the kids resumes but smart people know what happens in big games against the better opponents.

So everyone should just stop playing, silly, just play you can't choose your opponents.

That is a very broad statement and applies to maybe only 1 o2 two of the so called Blow outs. If you have been around you may not understand, at this juncture you need to beat the weaker teams by at least 7 goals. if you don't you can lose power points.

As well if you see a loop sided 1st half I am okay with that any team can have a run. As well these last few games are senior days or the only chance some seniors can get time. Conversely this is the time some younger players can see the field and get in the books.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if All-County and All-American selections are made before or after the playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if All-County and All-American selections are made before or after the playoffs?

All - American I am not sure about
But I believe all- county is based on regular season performance only

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets are up for Section 11 A. Enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All - American I am not sure about
But I believe all- county is based on regular season performance only

All is on Regular season. All American is also on past history. Not just This year.

All American is a process defined by US lacrosse you can go look at it. But the nominations needed to be in to the regions representative already.

AD meeting for Sect 11 5/19. Coaches and Ad's get together and discuss and who lobbies hardest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man. Lots of replays for the playoffs. Me, I think that is crazy why not have teams that didn't play each other go against one another.

You have 3 teams in the playoff that Commack and Whitman didnt play and you have them playing each other again in the first round.

Glad to see Norhtport in but confused by that. I agree about the Power points but they have a losing record I thought you had to at least go .500? 6-8 in league?

Is it really a good thing to have Smithtown West play West Islip again if they potentially win (big If). Wouldn't it be better to see them play Ward Melville since we all think a 3-1 score in lax was to surreal. Sarcasm alert, they play Ward Melville first if they win then if the win again play West Islip - all who they played already.

Okay same logic HHE and Quot again, as usual someone is not doing their jobs. Seriously.

Smithtown East has it easy and should make a run; potentially being rested for the finals and that should prove the difference.

Northport, Smith West, Ward Melville, will beat each other up.

Power Points gets you in but reseed, Just like the State run. The Sections all get in but reseed lets get the best playoffs possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man. Lots of replays for the playoffs. Me, I think that is crazy why not have teams that didn't play each other go against one another.

You have 3 teams in the playoff that Commack and Whitman didnt play and you have them playing each other again in the first round.

Glad to see Norhtport in but confused by that. I agree about the Power points but they have a losing record I thought you had to at least go .500? 6-8 in league?

Is it really a good thing to have Smithtown West play West Islip again if they potentially win (big If). Wouldn't it be better to see them play Ward Melville since we all think a 3-1 score in lax was to surreal. Sarcasm alert, they play Ward Melville first if they win then if the win again play West Islip - all who they played already.

Okay same logic HHE and Quot again, as usual someone is not doing their jobs. Seriously.

Smithtown East has it easy and should make a run; potentially being rested for the finals and that should prove the difference.

Power Points gets you in but reseed, Just like the State run. The Sections all get in but reseed lets get the best playoffs possible.

Can't be subjective. It's straight numbers. Not for your personal entertainment. Sorry if you have seen that game before!

And no one played 14 league games. Get some facts before you get all long winded on here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Come on man. Lots of replays for the playoffs. Me, I think that is crazy why not have teams that didn't play each other go against one another.

Agree but my prediction - 1st Round - SW, HHE, Huntington, and Whitman vs Commack is going to be one [lacrosse] of a game - any mans win. Eventually though - SE vs WI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be subjective. It's straight numbers. Not for your personal entertainment. Sorry if you have seen that game before!

And no one played 14 league games. Get some facts before you get all long winded on here!

Not sure where you are coming from: I am discussing Sect X1 A schools I thought I had the facts. Correct me then.

I could be wrong and things could have changed, but I was lead to believe the teams were supposed to achieve (7) in Conference/Divisional wins to qualify for the post season. I also thought I was correct in that all XI teams were supposed to play 14 league games. If (14) wasn't the mandated number the teams would have played a heavier non conference schedule. A major criticism from many top teams across the East coast.

Now I'll agree with you that things shouldn't be subjective, but do you know how the power points are calculated. Objectivity would say a straight record gets you in. Subjectivity tells me a power point system gets a team in over record. Then lets not forget the threshold of wins that need to be achieved.

In life if a standard has little merit (and in itself is subjective in nature) how much objectivity do you really think you're experiencing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk I = top 12 teams
Suffolk II = top 10 teams
Suffolk III = .500 or better record

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you find the 12 teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what were the end results for Nassau in Conference 1. Who is playing who in the playoffs.

I am guessing here but this is who I think made it and their seed
1. Syosset
2. Massapequa
3. Farmingdale.
4. Port
5. East Meadow
6. Hericks
7. Oceanside
8. Baldwin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYOSSET
MASSAPEQUA
FARMINGDALE
PORT WASHINGTON
EAST MEADOW
OCEANSIDE
BALDWIN
PLAINVIEW JFK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYOSSET
MASSAPEQUA
FARMINGDALE
PORT WASHINGTON
EAST MEADOW
OCEANSIDE
BALDWIN
PLAINVIEW JFK

So semis will be
#1 Syosset vs #4 Port
#2 Massapequa vs #3 Farmingdale

Finals Syosset vs Massapequa
Champion?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK II

1. SWR
2. BBP
3. COMSEWOGUE
4. SAYVILLE
5. ESM
6. WH BEACH
7. ISLIP
8. GLENN
9. MILLER PLACE
10. MT. SINAI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYOSSET
MASSAPEQUA
FARMINGDALE
PORT WASHINGTON
EAST MEADOW
OCEANSIDE
BALDWIN
PLAINVIEW JFK

So semis will be
#1 Syosset vs #4 Port

Champion?

Who ever has the ball last... BTW, no dog in this fight, but watch out for the 3 seed. Things have a way of changing come playoff time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk I ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYOSSET
MASSAPEQUA
FARMINGDALE
PORT WASHINGTON
EAST MEADOW
OCEANSIDE
BALDWIN
PLAINVIEW JFK

So semis will be
#1 Syosset vs #4 Port

Champion?

Who ever has the ball last... BTW, no dog in this fight, but watch out for the 3 seed. Things have a way of changing come playoff time.

They were down to Port in the 4th. Syosset and Massapequa spanked Port.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk I = top 12 teams
Suffolk II = top 10 teams
Suffolk III = .500 or better record

ill take Nassau over Suffolk in every division...just like last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm. Chaminade... Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go away troll!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will Nassau County Lacrosse start placing team appropriate conferences? Similar to [lacrosse]? Conf 1 should be:

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington
Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

Catholic, public school...who cares....most games would be competitive....the teams above all have 50 kids on their sideline and many can play. Rather than each team getting lopsided victories over teams with 25 kids on their roster with a select few who can play. God forbid the teams above had to play real competition each season in every game.

Conf 2 would field the next 10-12 teams who are competitive/ borderline dominant year over year.....by seeding teams correctly and evaluating after each season and moving a few teams in each conference below 1 up or down based on their performance you wouldn't see as many lopsided victories or losses and quite possibly the schools who have less participatiin in the sport of lacrosse will increase their participation in the sport. Why would a kid in Hempstead want to participate if they're pummelled in every game? What does beating Hempstead with 12 players on their sideline teach the winners or losers when they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will Nassau County Lacrosse start placing team appropriate conferences? Similar to [lacrosse]? Conf 1 should be:

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington
Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

Catholic, public school...who cares....most games would be competitive....the teams above all have 50 kids on their sideline and many can play. Rather than each team getting lopsided victories over teams with 25 kids on their roster with a select few who can play. God forbid the teams above had to play real competition each season in every game.

Conf 2 would field the next 10-12 teams who are competitive/ borderline dominant year over year.....by seeding teams correctly and evaluating after each season and moving a few teams in each conference below 1 up or down based on their performance you wouldn't see as many lopsided victories or losses and quite possibly the schools who have less participatiin in the sport of lacrosse will increase their participation in the sport. Why would a kid in Hempstead want to participate if they're pummelled in every game? What does beating Hempstead with 12 players on their sideline teach the winners or losers when they play?

You won't find anyone here who'd disagree with you.

That said, St. Anthony's would be Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden city has less than 40 on roster
Chaminade had 56

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
move St Anthonys to that suffolk division and add Lynbrook into that field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington
Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

it would change year to year - you would look silly this year having Port in and LV out - Port would lose every game by 5+

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington
Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

It is a State system. Sections upstate could care less about private schools. It will never happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

it would change year to year - you would look silly this year having Port in and LV out - Port would lose every game by 5+

How would the playoffs work? Who goes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hicksville had a better conf. Record than Plsinview why did they not make it. Just curious ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade had 56

how many involved?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hicksville had a better conf. Record than Plsinview why did they not make it. Just curious ?

Strength of schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When will Nassau County Lacrosse start placing team appropriate conferences? Similar to [lacrosse]? Conf 1 should be:

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington
Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

it would change year to year - you would look silly this year having Port in and LV out - Port would lose every game by 5+ [/quote

It wouldn't look silly if the Port coaches just made a few changes and didn't worry about what grades some kids are in and play the better players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Massapequa
Garden City
Port Washington

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Chaminade
St. Anthony's

How would the playoffs work? Who goes?

same as o the girls side, all teams return to their correct conference for playoffs ad all teams in the power conference make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go away troll!

This one you just can't sweep under the rug. It worked for a few years and lots of people there thought it was behind them but it comes popping out, like a flasher in a trench coat.

And it will not go away. The over/under is that it grows. With things like this, unfortunately. it is never the first time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade had 56

how many involved?

I am told there are 10 players at a time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because Plainview beat them and I believe they look at strength of schedule based upon pre season seedings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK II

1. SWR
2. BBP
3. COMSEWOGUE