05/12/16 07:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous

Unfortunately he ran out of Galassos the last few years.

He won a state title without Galasso, try and be somewhat informed before you make a ignorant comment.

Scott Craig is an excellent coach and he certainly gets a lot out of his players. He has 5 rings and numerous Suffolk County Championships to show for his legendary career. This years version of the team has been winning a lot of close games and like all the other top teams in Suffolk I think they can beat and lose to anyone on any given day. Ill say this, in a one game scenario Ill take Scott Craig over any coach in Suffolk or Nassau hands down.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164523
05/12/16 08:25 PM
05/12/16 08:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone have SW-WI game update ? WM over Northport 11-8

9-8 West Islip

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #164548
05/12/16 11:11 PM
05/12/16 11:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

smithtown east over sachem east 12-2

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164562
05/13/16 07:33 AM
05/13/16 07:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately he ran out of Galassos the last few years.

Scott Craig is an excellent coach and he certainly gets a lot out of his players. He has 5 rings and numerous Suffolk County Championships to show for his legendary career. This years version of the team has been winning a lot of close games and like all the other top teams in Suffolk I think they can beat and lose to anyone on any given day. Ill say this, in a one game scenario Ill take Scott Craig over any coach in Suffolk or Nassau hands down.

On any team? Would you take him coaching Any team in Suffolk A Vs. West Islip this year? One game? His coaching style and acumen give ?? team a victory over W.I.? Is it the players or the coach or both? Sorry, but winning with elite players does not make the coach. It's a whole lot of both.

I agree it takes talent and coaching to win consistently, but my answer to your question is that I would take Scott Craig coaching any of the top 10 teams in Suffolk right now against West Islip. This years version of WI has no standouts, they have a bunch of very good to solid players. I have no doubt in my mind their success this year has everything to do with coaching.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164578
05/13/16 08:30 AM
05/13/16 08:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to see some stat padding was being done yesterday . Helps the kids resumes but smart people know what happens in big games against the better opponents.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #164587
05/13/16 08:59 AM
05/13/16 08:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk 1 playoffs should be fun to watch. No real favorite in my eyes. If I was a betting man however, give me the Patriots of WM right now. They have the best defensive coach and the best defense led by some outstanding players. Offense has stepped up last few games from guys that are not even their "go-to-guys". Very balanced offense with 6 guys who can take you to the rack at anytime. Would love to see a SE-WM rematch at SBU. Anyone else have any predictions?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164591
05/13/16 09:07 AM
05/13/16 09:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to see some stat padding was being done yesterday . Helps the kids resumes but smart people know what happens in big games against the better opponents.

So everyone should just stop playing, silly, just play you can't choose your opponents.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164625
05/13/16 10:57 AM
05/13/16 10:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So everyone should just stop playing, silly, just play you can't choose your opponents.

That is a very broad statement and applies to maybe only 1 o2 two of the so called Blow outs. If you have been around you may not understand, at this juncture you need to beat the weaker teams by at least 7 goals. if you don't you can lose power points.

As well if you see a loop sided 1st half I am okay with that any team can have a run. As well these last few games are senior days or the only chance some seniors can get time. Conversely this is the time some younger players can see the field and get in the books.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #164652
05/13/16 11:54 AM
05/13/16 11:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if All-County and All-American selections are made before or after the playoffs?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164660
05/13/16 12:20 PM
05/13/16 12:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if All-County and All-American selections are made before or after the playoffs?

All - American I am not sure about
But I believe all- county is based on regular season performance only

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #164679
05/13/16 12:59 PM
05/13/16 12:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brackets are up for Section 11 A. Enjoy

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164682
05/13/16 01:05 PM
05/13/16 01:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All - American I am not sure about
But I believe all- county is based on regular season performance only

All is on Regular season. All American is also on past history. Not just This year.

All American is a process defined by US lacrosse you can go look at it. But the nominations needed to be in to the regions representative already.

AD meeting for Sect 11 5/19. Coaches and Ad's get together and discuss and who lobbies hardest.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #164692
05/13/16 01:34 PM
05/13/16 01:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on man. Lots of replays for the playoffs. Me, I think that is crazy why not have teams that didn't play each other go against one another.

You have 3 teams in the playoff that Commack and Whitman didnt play and you have them playing each other again in the first round.

Glad to see Norhtport in but confused by that. I agree about the Power points but they have a losing record I thought you had to at least go .500? 6-8 in league?

Is it really a good thing to have Smithtown West play West Islip again if they potentially win (big If). Wouldn't it be better to see them play Ward Melville since we all think a 3-1 score in lax was to surreal. Sarcasm alert, they play Ward Melville first if they win then if the win again play West Islip - all who they played already.

Okay same logic HHE and Quot again, as usual someone is not doing their jobs. Seriously.

Smithtown East has it easy and should make a run; potentially being rested for the finals and that should prove the difference.

Northport, Smith West, Ward Melville, will beat each other up.

Power Points gets you in but reseed, Just like the State run. The Sections all get in but reseed lets get the best playoffs possible.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164698
05/13/16 01:44 PM
05/13/16 01:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on man. Lots of replays for the playoffs. Me, I think that is crazy why not have teams that didn't play each other go against one another.

You have 3 teams in the playoff that Commack and Whitman didnt play and you have them playing each other again in the first round.

Glad to see Norhtport in but confused by that. I agree about the Power points but they have a losing record I thought you had to at least go .500? 6-8 in league?

Is it really a good thing to have Smithtown West play West Islip again if they potentially win (big If). Wouldn't it be better to see them play Ward Melville since we all think a 3-1 score in lax was to surreal. Sarcasm alert, they play Ward Melville first if they win then if the win again play West Islip - all who they played already.

Okay same logic HHE and Quot again, as usual someone is not doing their jobs. Seriously.

Smithtown East has it easy and should make a run; potentially being rested for the finals and that should prove the difference.

Power Points gets you in but reseed, Just like the State run. The Sections all get in but reseed lets get the best playoffs possible.

Can't be subjective. It's straight numbers. Not for your personal entertainment. Sorry if you have seen that game before!

And no one played 14 league games. Get some facts before you get all long winded on here!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #164708
05/13/16 02:08 PM
05/13/16 02:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Come on man. Lots of replays for the playoffs. Me, I think that is crazy why not have teams that didn't play each other go against one another.

Agree but my prediction - 1st Round - SW, HHE, Huntington, and Whitman vs Commack is going to be one [lacrosse] of a game - any mans win. Eventually though - SE vs WI

Page 126 of 205 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 204 205