BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 44 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

No, you c'mon! If you want to be used and/or ripped off that more than OK with me, but not if it is me or BOTC who are the catalysts.

Larry, I think many, if not most, understand how difficult it is to run this site with all the chest beating and emotional people posting to it. And we appreciate your efforts to clean up the lacrosse world (at least I do).

That said, while some clubs are worse than others, they all engage in ripping off customers. I mean geez, just look at the Express thread. What they do to their b and c teams is really just wrong (unless there is a truly dedicated 'dad' coach). I'm sure every club is guilty of it is some way shape or form. Some have ridiculous 'show cases', other run ridiculous tournaments, others just plain load up lesser teams with anyone with a check book and a heartbeat.

Not accepting their advertising or allowing them to post about their services is one thing, but perhaps BOTC is going too far by suppressing their names. Without open discussion on BOTC the truth of the matter will take much longer to become widely known. BOTC has an opportunity to shine a spotlight on poor behavior and I applaud you and BOTC for doing so.

For those that don't read the site regularly, it becomes difficult to get to the bottom of it all. I am pretty well familiar with the game, community and culture yet I often have trouble weeding through the asterisks to get the meaning.

At the end of the day the decision is yours and we all must live with that. Please don't take this post as 'breaking your chops' but rather as a respectful but different view (with which you can do what you please).

I support what you are trying to do and hope this site grows as a high quality source of information about the game. BOTC has been very helpful to me as I try to navigate the culture/world of lax. Thank you for that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Originally Posted by Anonymous

No, you c'mon! If you want to be used and/or ripped off that more than OK with me, but not if it is me or BOTC who are the catalysts.

Larry, I think many, if not most, understand how difficult it is to run this site with all the chest beating and emotional people posting to it. And we appreciate your efforts to clean up the lacrosse world (at least I do).

That said, while some clubs are worse than others, they all engage in ripping off customers. I mean geez, just look at the Express thread. What they do to their b and c teams is really just wrong (unless there is a truly dedicated 'dad' coach). I'm sure every club is guilty of it is some way shape or form. Some have ridiculous 'show cases', other run ridiculous tournaments, others just plain load up lesser teams with anyone with a check book and a heartbeat.

Not accepting their advertising or allowing them to post about their services is one thing, but perhaps BOTC is going too far by suppressing their names. Without open discussion on BOTC the truth of the matter will take much longer to become widely known. BOTC has an opportunity to shine a spotlight on poor behavior and I applaud you and BOTC for doing so.

For those that don't read the site regularly, it becomes difficult to get to the bottom of it all. I am pretty well familiar with the game, community and culture yet I often have trouble weeding through the asterisks to get the meaning.

At the end of the day the decision is yours and we all must live with that. Please don't take this post as 'breaking your chops' but rather as a respectful but different view (with which you can do what you please).

I support what you are trying to do and hope this site grows as a high quality source of information about the game. BOTC has been very helpful to me as I try to navigate the culture/world of lax. Thank you for that.

Thank you for your posts. You raise good points. My counter points are that with close to a million page views a month and hundreds of new posts daily, to have their names here raises their identity in the search engines, AND still gives these scoundrels, money grabbers, and in too many cases abusive coaches and owners against parents and players.

Just look at the Yellow jackets thread. The woman is a [lacrosse] horror and bully. The My Lacrosse folks, specifically Ray,whats his last name, that advertising here bought my silence when they ripped off parents by shutting down a tournament with no refunds.

The whores involved in lacrosse on Long Island appears to outweigh the good guys.

By doing what I am doing and acting as I am acting has reduced BOTC advertising revenue by $50,000+ annually, so I am certainly putting my money where my mouth is. In the end I feel better not being a [lacrosse] and not taking money from whores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are actually going to blame this blog for clubs that rip off kids? Buyer beware. No one has a gun to these parents heads making them pay or making their kids play lax for these clubs. Come on people, start holding yourselves accountable.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My sentiments exactly.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

my sentiments exactly

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every club organization is a money grab. Transparency here speaks volumes. What is going to happen when every club is one two or three asterick? Thars where this is going... No soup for you. It makes it impossible to follow a thread or point. What happens if Taz or tangerine win in Denver? We would not be able to mention the World Champions on this board. Seems crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams still in need of a solid M for this summer. Made a B+ team but dropped it- wasnt ready for a team that was playing above its ability

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for one of the asterisk clubs. Are they in it for the money? Absolutely! Do they make money on EVERYTHING? Absolutely! Does it [lacrosse] me off? Yes. Has my son become a better lacrosse player? ABSOLUTELY! If you can afford it and your kid shows exceptional ability and a desire to work hard, improve and to play with kids of similar abilities whether that is AA,Aor B. Then I say do it. That being said you don't want to be an A level player watching AA players at tournaments. The parents need to be honest about their kid's abilities and have them play for an appropriate level team. If they do that then IMHO it's worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
try 365lax for a middie spot on a low level tier team for the 7th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams still in need of a solid M for this summer. Made a B+ team but dropped it- wasnt ready for a team that was playing above its ability

Sounds like he was on the Outlaws.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2021 outlaws team is B on a good day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets stay positive please- not looking to bad mouth or put down ANY team, and I won't confirm what team we (Mom and Dad) pulled him from. He wanted to hang in there to his credit.
Only point in mentioning B+ was to indicate he has been through competitive tryouts and made competitive teams. Problem is that many teams just outside the bubble of the "power bracket" spend alot of effort doing things to prove they belong- and kids who need to learn the game get lost in the process. "Win now" can leave kids behind.
Looking for a true teaching team that if it is B level, plays B level, and is more focused on the kids learning, having fun and winning....in that order.
If you have a spot for a very solid B-B+ player, he is a good respectful kid just looking to play and continue to learn.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hello I would be interested in speaking to you about your son playing for our team. Can you please register and send me a PM I will respond right away.

Thank you.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If you have not been turned off by the negativity of asking a simple question on this board and are still looking for a team your son can play on minus the drama. Send me a direct message and I will respond.

Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY Super Series is coming up. Some great 2021 teams from all over coming to play. Should be a great weekend of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from this weekends tourneys ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo "Black Ice " is playing a team from Texas tomorrow night anyone know time and location we will be down for Super Series thought we would stop in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo "Black Ice " is playing a team from Texas tomorrow night anyone know time and location we will be down for Super Series thought we would stop in

Coming down? From upstate NY? Must be Primetime trying to scout them for WSYL should they meet in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cantiague Park 630

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cantiague Park 630

Be there or be square. We'll meet you at the OK corall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse from Ct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At st Pauls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cantiague Park 630

2 games at Cantiague. 1st game 6:00, 2nd game at 8:00

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was just told St. Pauls 6pm 2021 and 2022 are hosting Texas teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey anyone catch 91 Blaze today at NLF ? Just wondering what's up with the inconsistencies with such a stacked roster ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team is not a team. Stinks because there is some serious talent. Maybe the good parents will wise up to this and realize that the important thing is having your child on a team where favorites are not "personal relationships', but everyone favors the team chemistry. The talent will leave and what's left are kids with the ego parents that have already prevented their kids from being accepted on any other teams. Shame.

New Flash - College coaches don't want the liability of carrying kids with egotistical parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After today it looks like the two Long Island teams Expess and the other one have shown that what what they have been doing for the past few years have not worked and will not work for 2021. The truth is Express and the other team in part are not as good as their older teams because in 2021 icon and igloo have some of the best 2021 players that would otherwise go to Express and the other team. The older year teams do not have an icon or igloo to compete with so they have more talent to choose from and can play favorites in player selection and playing time. Too bad Igloo was not there but why would they be Invited to this? After all the two Long Island teams who do the invites did not do well against teams Igloo would beat by ten.

That team is not a team. Stinks because there is some serious talent. Maybe the good parents will wise up to this and realize that the important thing is having your child on a team where favorites are not "personal relationships', but everyone favors the team chemistry. The talent will leave and what's left are kids with the ego parents that have already prevented their kids from being accepted on any other teams. Shame.

New Flash - College coaches don't want the liability of carrying kids with egotistical parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Personal relationship "?? sounds sort of sleezy..Are there a few sleezy parents on that team who gives all sorts of favors to the coaches ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.

But it's more than not getting the pick of the litter. Many people have realized Express is not all that it used to be. The smart consumer is tired of the money grab, hate the lack of organization, see through the politics, the donor machine, the mother hens, the 30 man rosters and don't want to be on a team with a philosophy and game plan that focuses only on 2-3 chosen ones. It's not team play.

Why would any family in their right mind subject themselves or child to such an unpleasant experience? ...and don't say recruitment because participating in the Express program is not worth the agony, stress, the BS or an $8k scholarship. Toxic environment.

After today it looks like the two Long Island teams Expess and the other one have shown that what what they have been doing for the past few years have not worked and will not work for 2021. The truth is Express and the other team in part are not as good as their older teams because in 2021 icon and igloo have some of the best 2021 players that would otherwise go to Express and the other team. The older year teams do not have an icon or igloo to compete with so they have more talent to choose from and can play favorites in player selection and playing time. Too bad Igloo was not there but why would they be Invited to this? After all the two Long Island teams who do the invites did not do well against teams Igloo would beat by ten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Personal relationship "?? sounds sort of sleezy..Are there a few sleezy parents on that team who gives all sorts of favors to the coaches ??

This comment is completely uncalled for and should be removed from this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is this eclipse team? Never heard of them at youth level.
they really help express and 91 to a few goals????/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Team. Strong players and good goalie play this weekend is what I heard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoke to a parent they are from Fairfield County, Ct. Team mostly comprised from Darien & New Canan. Good youth programs up there. I think Blaze & Express smoke them the next time they play. It will not be such an unknown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoke to a parent they are from Fairfield County, Ct. Team mostly comprised from Darien & New Canan. Good youth programs up there. I think Blaze & Express smoke them the next time they play. It will not be such an unknown.

Eclipse was hands down the best 2021 team at NLF. Not even close. Stacked with big, athletic, and seemingly well coached kids. I watched the Express game. Both teams played hard but Eclipse is flat out better. Express was sloppy in spots and made the Eclipse goalie look like an All American. The kid is a great goalie but they made him look even better by not finishing several 1v1 opportunities. Should have been a 2 goal game but Express got beat soundly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze isn't smoking anybody. They got spanked last weekend. That team is in trouble!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaze is good but not great. They are on the same level as express. I'm sure if they played a bunch of times most games would be close and either team may win by a lot once in a while. If express does not have the guest player they may not even be an A team. Igloo's B team beat them a few weeks ago a lot to a little. If express was a true elite team a few missing players should not have made so much of a difference against igloo B who has never beat a top five Long Island team before beating express.

Eclipse was hands down the best 2021 team at NLF. Not even close. Stacked with big, athletic, and seemingly well coached kids. I watched the Express game. Both teams played hard but Eclipse is flat out better. Express was sloppy in spots and made the Eclipse goalie look like an All American. The kid is a great goalie but they made him look even better by not finishing several 1v1 opportunities. Should have been a 2 goal game but Express got beat soundly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few Parents on Blaze were overheard talking about the disappointment on the real true colors of this team. Along with guest players being brought in I gather doesn't sit easy with the all American parents ! Really is disappointing to hear parents being so gullible on great marketing strategies that were presented to them from the start , and now turning the attitude around in the negative when things don't go their way. I know that Express is the same way as well. Your sold a product that really doesn't exist , plain and simple. I guess the coaching staff fluctuates like the final results these past few weeks.

Blaze is good but not great. They are on the same level as express. I'm sure if they played a bunch of times most games would be close and either team may win by a lot once in a while. If express does not have the guest player they may not even be an A team. Igloo's B team beat them a few weeks ago a lot to a little. If express was a true elite team a few missing players should not have made so much of a difference against igloo B who has never beat a top five Long Island team before beating express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea I happened to overhear two Blaze parents talking. What kind of tool box makes this crap up Your boy must be a real treat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Known Fact ! Unhappy parents.. No tool box here , just mentioning loose lips sink ships... You know the ones who smile like everything's fine , team is great . But pissed off that none of the "coaches" are there?? , And honestly coaches who are spread thin and utilize other coaches to train , isn't really a coach ! especially the poster child one .. But oh yea this weekend its ran by the organization so they will get all the attention for this one! Have fun trying to figure out whos who , especially when its time for your son to be replaced by the 4-some...

Yea I happened to overhear two Blaze parents talking. What kind of tool box makes this crap up Your boy must be a real treat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Known Fact ! Unhappy parents.. No tool box here , just mentioning loose lips sink ships... You know the ones who smile like everything's fine , team is great . But pissed off that none of the "coaches" are there?? , And honestly coaches who are spread thin and utilize other coaches to train , isn't really a coach ! especially the poster child one .. But oh yea this weekend its ran by the organization so they will get all the attention for this one! Have fun trying to figure out whos who , especially when its time for your son to be replaced by the 4-some...

It is really important for you to read your writing before pressing send. Our coach is always there and clearly YOU think the WSYL is way more important than it is referencing the 4 kids coming in. Come on man get yourself together and look around your team may be a little better now but look at the landscape ahead the amount of quality tournaments your B league organization can get in is limited. Before screaming back just breathe deeply and look at the tournament schedule of the 2020 team of anyone other than the NLF TEAMS That is the reality and can not be disputed, facts my dear friend facts only, you have a great team perhaps best in grade but.......,, what are the main reasons we all run this race ?

Page 37 of 44 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard