BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 77 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
West Islip - Smithtown West game is big tomorrow.

If WI wins then the only have one loss to a Suffolk A rival.
Should make them the reg season champs in Suffolk A

Smithtown East has 2 big division losses WM & Smith West

Ward Melv has 3 losses WI, Quot, & Smith West

Smithtown West has 4 losses 3 division HHHE, Quot, NP

Connetquot has 2 division losses WI & Smith East

Safe to say Scotty Graig has put WI back on the Suffolk Big Boy map again.

by the way - not an alum nor do I have a kid there.

I agree, I stated that the other day. Not sure how Mr Caoch Criag does it. More talent on other teams for sure. But, kids are gritty and play for the name they all share on the jersey. If Smithtown East ever did that they would be unstoppable. Some things you can teach Something you cant.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two great goalies. That's why they score was low. ST. Anthony's needs to move the ball!

They are the best goalies out there by far on all of Long Island, I am glad someone finally gave them the recognition they deserve.

I guess you've seen every goalie on Long Island play? There are a lot of good goalies. Stop being silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if they are mediocre what does that make Syosset and Massapequa? [/quote]

By the way - Chaminade also beat West Islip. You know, the best team in Suffolk right now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if they are mediocre what does that make Syosset and Massapequa?

By the way - Chaminade also beat West Islip. You know, the best team in Suffolk right now... [/quote]

Best team in Suffolk??? We'll see about that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see PW getting a little write up
In Newsday..good players coming up in the ranks..will be tough to beat down the road

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Newsday..good players coming up in the ranks..will be tough to beat down the road

They beat Uniondale and may not even make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you have a link to the article? would love to read it. I can't imagine a town less deserving of an article, varsity is week, player internationally trying to injure opponents, HC cursing at players and score keepers, players cursing at HC, JV getting smoked - sounds like a bright future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any of the above teams can beat one another on any given day. Will all come down to which way the ball bounces, no clear favorite-

SME losses by a goal, Quot losses (and wins) are always close, WM and SME played a 3-1 game, safe to assume that will never happen again...

WI got beat pretty soundly by both SME and Chammy-so while they will earn number 1 seed assuming the beat HHHE today, they are on par, but clearly not ahead of the others.

Take out your coin and give it a flip each game is 50-50.

plus- you can't count out the teams that are just a fraction behind the above-

Can bayshore or HHHE shock someone...

Anyone have any idea how the section xi standings are calculated? Seeding will be more important this year than they have been in the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you have a link to the article? would love to read it. I can't imagine a town less deserving of an article, varsity is week, player internationally trying to injure opponents, HC cursing at players and score keepers, players cursing at HC, JV getting smoked - sounds like a bright future

Not an article just a small write up in Newsday talking about highlights of the game.Some kids playing Varsity that would normally be on JV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. I hear their 6th grade PAL team is pretty good. Really ??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any of the above teams can beat one another on any given day. Will all come down to which way the ball bounces, no clear favorite-

SME losses by a goal, Quot losses (and wins) are always close, WM and SME played a 3-1 game, safe to assume that will never happen again...

WI got beat pretty soundly by both SME and Chammy-so while they will earn number 1 seed assuming the beat HHHE today, they are on par, but clearly not ahead of the others.

Anyone have any idea how the section xi standings are calculated? Seeding will be more important this year than they have been in the past.

Doesnt West Islip play Smithtown West today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Visor Dad is warming up in the bullpen and launching the PR offensive for when his 2020 gets to PW next year.....Buckle up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact check:
West Islip plays Smithtown West not HHHE!

You must have had a freudian slip because you mention HHHE twice.
Are you an HHHE homer?

Sorry, but HHHE is not even in the discussion- 4 division losses including a bad loss to cross town rival- not good.

On the WI front, Scott Craig coaches a tough, gritty team with lunch pail/ hard hat mentality work ethic. Kids play hard and get the job done consistently. He gets more from his squad and talent than most coaches on LI.

Hope they take the Suffolk A back again.

Also love the WI rivalry with Cham.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade and St A rank 1 and 2 on Long Island is a joke. They both can't score

The catholic schools are better than given credit for. St Anthony’s and Charmy have strong teams every year and play one of the hardest schedules in the country.
Kellenberg lost 8 -7 in OT to Lynbrook and lost to Farmingdale 6-8.
St Doms beat Kellenberg 11-6.
SJB beat St Doms 15-10.
Lot of talent on these catholic school teams. Stop with the hating and enjoy the ride.

Those are some great loses by Kellenberg!! Is there an award for almost winning games ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, sorry. wi/smw
hhhe/quot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the PW pipeline drivel. Farmingdale, Syo and Pequa all ahve studs in the pipeline too, and more than PW. Your place in the middle of conference one will not change in the next decade. just enjoy watching and stop writing checks your kids can't cash and putting undue pressure on them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the PW pipeline drivel. Farmingdale, Syo and Pequa all ahve studs in the pipeline too, and more than PW. Your place in the middle of conference one will not change in the next decade. just enjoy watching and stop writing checks your kids can't cash and putting undue pressure on them...

Teams are going to have a hard time scoring. Let's leave it at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]West Islip - Smithtown West game is big tomorrow.

Fact check:
West Islip plays Smithtown West not HHHE!

You must have had a freudian slip because you mention HHHE twice.
Are you an HHHE homer?

Sorry, but HHHE is not even in the discussion- 4 division losses including a bad loss to cross town rival- not good.

On the WI front, Scott Craig coaches a tough, gritty team with lunch pail/ hard hat mentality work ethic. Kids play hard and get the job done consistently. He gets more from his squad and talent than most coaches on LI.

Hope they take the Suffolk A back again.

Also love the WI rivalry with Cham.
What exactly is a lunch pail/hard hat mentality? ESPN sound bite. What are the other LI teams? White collar and brief case? Come on it's lacrosse, that mentality exists on EVERY team. Let me guess, Manhasset, GC, Pequa, etc are not "lunch pail" guys? Clarify your statement as to why WI is lunch pail and what are the other teams across LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams are going to have a hard time scoring. Let's leave it at that.

OK Goalie daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scott Craig is an excellent coach and he certainly gets a lot out of his players. He has 5 rings and numerous Suffolk County Championships to show for his legendary career. This years version of the team has been winning a lot of close games and like all the other top teams in Suffolk I think they can beat and lose to anyone on any given day. Ill say this, in a one game scenario Ill take Scott Craig over any coach in Suffolk or Nassau hands down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scott Craig is an excellent coach and he certainly gets a lot out of his players. He has 5 rings and numerous Suffolk County Championships to show for his legendary career. This years version of the team has been winning a lot of close games and like all the other top teams in Suffolk I think they can beat and lose to anyone on any given day. Ill say this, in a one game scenario Ill take Scott Craig over any coach in Suffolk or Nassau hands down.
I will give you my opinion on why West Islip varsity programs do well on both the boys and the girls side. Both varsity coaches live in West Islip their kids go to West Islip. They are very invested in the PAL programs within the town. I can't speak for coaches of other varsity teams, but I would imagine that they live outside the school district where they coach. Therefore are probably invested in the PAL programs within their own town. So these coaches in West Islip know these kids from the time the five years old and they build a very strong personal program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor Dad, thought he was a Manhasset Super Hero? PW does have an excellent 2022 team, saw them at a town tourney recently and they were the cream of the crop. A little small to play varsity though. Other than that team there is nothing else to comment on up there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A is not a two horse race. The top 6 can each beat any of the other top teams and have done so this season.
No disrespect to the bottom 6 in the playoffs but here is how the top 6 have done against each other.

West Islip 3-1 (Smithtown West today)
Smithtown East 3-2
Connetquot 2-2 (HHHE today)
Ward Melville 2-3
Smithtown West 2-2 (West Islip today)
Half Hollow Hills East 1-3 (Connetquot today)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you my opinion on why West Islip varsity programs do well on both the boys and the girls side. Both varsity coaches live in West Islip their kids go to West Islip. They are very invested in the PAL programs within the town. I can't speak for coaches of other varsity teams, but I would imagine that they live outside the school district where they coach. Therefore are probably invested in the PAL programs within their own town. So these coaches in West Islip know these kids from the time the five years old and they build a very strong personal program

Some Coaches talk about how they're great coaches and how they live and breath coaching. Others are just really strong lacrosse coaches and prove it on the field, year in and year out. Craig is LI legend. He just knows the game. Love him or hate him, you can't deny his Coaching ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you know that Scott Craig was one of the founding fathers of Suffolk PAL ?? He gets 110% at of all his players and your right he's the best out there right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you know that Scott Craig was one of the founding fathers of Suffolk PAL ?? He gets 110% at of all his players and your right he's the best out there right now.

West Islip has a GREAT PAL program,, not denying the coaches ability, but he has great players coming up every year. Show me the coach who wins in North Babylon and that's a great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Port parents I must apologize for the rants by Port parents on here. Can't be 100% sure they are a Port parent due to the anonymity of post on here. Everything is cyclical. Towns have good teams and bad teams. Like every program there are some graduation years that are stronger than others. It happens to most programs. To come on here and make claims of great pipelines is ridiculous. As for the claims of changes need to be made and airing that out on here is also ridiculous. Speak to coaches or the booster club but please stop with the nonsense. You are embarrassing the parents that have kids in the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Port parents I must apologize for the rants by Port parents on here. Can't be 100% sure they are a Port parent due to the anonymity of post on here. Everything is cyclical. Towns have good teams and bad teams. Like every program there are some graduation years that are stronger than others. It happens to most programs. To come on here and make claims of great pipelines is ridiculous. As for the claims of changes need to be made and airing that out on here is also ridiculous. Speak to coaches or the booster club but please stop with the nonsense. You are embarrassing the parents that have kids in the program.

What is airing it out to the booster club going to do?They don't have say in who plays I hope.. Coaches should only discuss playing time with the kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is airing it out to the booster club going to do?They don't have say in who plays I hope.. Coaches should only discuss playing time with the kids

Please stop. Its better to discuss in house than air your dirty laundry out on Back of THE CAGE. So tell me all knowing lacrosse guru why dont you coach the team. Dont say you have a job etc because then you are not coming up with solutions just excuses. I am sure your kid isnt playing because wind was too strong or sun was in his eyes. Maybe you feel slighted. Go speak to coach. Its that plain and simple. Maybe he can enlighten you as to why he isnt starting on the defensive end of the field. Could be he is telling you one thing and doing another at practice. I have coached and its funny to hear what parents think of little johnny at the meeting they demanded and what he actually is doing. Kids tell some interesting stuff to mom and dad. As a Port parent I am asking you please stop trying to stir the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what does airing it out on back of the cage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do the coaches help build the PAL program? Betting they are NOT invested in the PAL program as they do not want to become friends with too many parents who they will then have to disappoint later on when they cut little Johnny from the Varsity. It's a mighty uncomfortable feeling to have to tell a "friend" that his son is not good enough to play for the H.S. Is the coach from W.I. telling the dads what plays to run? Is he developing drills for the third graders? Is he at the field overseeing the PAL program? PAL is run by the parents. Kudos to the W.I. moms & dads who are shuttling their kids to practice and games, coaching teams and teaching their kids the fundamentals of lacrosse. THAT is the reason W.I. has a good program, the kids are coached by dads who work on with them, kids go to camps, lacrosse is a big deal there. The coach is not getting "more" out of the kids, they are good athletes and talented lacrosse players from years of playing and practice. Enough said!! (not a W.I. parent)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what does airing it out on back of the cage

Talk to the coach who talks to the booster club. Probably not the smartest move

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have SW-WI game update ? WM over Northport 11-8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately he ran out of Galassos the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On any team? Would you take him coaching Any team in Suffolk A Vs. West Islip this year? One game? His coaching style and acumen give ?? team a victory over W.I.? Is it the players or the coach or both? Sorry, but winning with elite players does not make the coach. It's a whole lot of both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He won a state title without Galasso, try and be somewhat informed before you make a ignorant comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have SW-WI game update ? WM over Northport 11-8

9-8 West Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smithtown east over sachem east 12-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On any team? Would you take him coaching Any team in Suffolk A Vs. West Islip this year? One game? His coaching style and acumen give ?? team a victory over W.I.? Is it the players or the coach or both? Sorry, but winning with elite players does not make the coach. It's a whole lot of both.

I agree it takes talent and coaching to win consistently, but my answer to your question is that I would take Scott Craig coaching any of the top 10 teams in Suffolk right now against West Islip. This years version of WI has no standouts, they have a bunch of very good to solid players. I have no doubt in my mind their success this year has everything to do with coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see some stat padding was being done yesterday . Helps the kids resumes but smart people know what happens in big games against the better opponents.

Page 47 of 77 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard