Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com || Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 12/02/20 07:57 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 12/02/20 07:48 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/02/20 07:44 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/02/20 07:16 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 12/02/20 04:57 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,147
Posts278,013
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 73 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 72 73
Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164220 05/10/16 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great idea - let's self impose rules on our team and then join a league without those rules, then call everyone who beats us a cheater even if we have no idea if they are or are not following the rules we made up. Fun.



No one self imposes rules not allowing holdbacks. The clubs that don't have holdbacks just didn't have any show up at tryouts or accept spots on the team. No club would tell an older kid, if they are better, that they can't play for them. Most of the lower level clubs have prefirst kids on them too. You just don't notice them because they aren't good enough to stand out. Looneys 2022 has a bunch, and they play in the B division.


If half of what people say is the truth here..Maryland is the land of kids being heldback..There is no where else in the country like this. In the majority of country , holding your child back is looked at as having a child that is not able to keep up with 99% of kids his age. Most actually feel sorry for parents that their child couldnt make it in his grade. Here in Maryland it is celebrated it looks like!


No! 5% of what is said on here is not even true. If kids are held back, it is usually in 8th grade. I do not know any 6th grade holdbacks, and my kid is in 6th grade at an MIAA school. Yes, some kids do pre-first, but they are not doing it for sports. They are doing it because they are late summer birthdays and are too young to begin elementary school. Furthermore, none of those kids are on a club lacrosse team. None. People are conflating a lot of different issues here and acting like this is an epidemic. There are a few, yes. But not at all as it would seem from these ranting lunatics on this site. Especially at this age level. Everyone on my son's club team (which I shall name so as not to embarrass him or the coaches) is 11 or 12 years old. And it is a good team. Competitive. We know many other kids on other teams and the situation is the same. And some of the kids are huge 12 year olds. And some of the kids are small 12 year olds. What you have on this 2022 thread at this point is a case of sore loser-itis. You will find in MD that when a team that was formerly quite successful begins to have loses, rather than look to themselves, they immediately start accusing others of cheating. So much easier than working harder and off season!

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164230 05/10/16 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes it's not working harder as much as working harder to keep kids. Then, the question is why do kids switch teams? Playing time, coaches, commitment, etc.

Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164238 05/10/16 09:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad thing is I hear they are doing this with the SAT test now . In private school they can take a extension on the SAT. They don't have to take the test all at ounce if the have note from a doctor . This is crazy ..everybody wants to bend or work the system some how ..The sad part is it's the parents not the kids..

Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164252 05/11/16 04:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All joking aside I don't care who has them or not . I don't care who beat who . But one fact you can't say it's not . It's a Safety issue with these much bigger and stronger kids.. Some one could really get hurt .The problem is that iswhat has to happen for them to change ,is some one has to be seriously hurt for them to change...

Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164254 05/11/16 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The sad thing is I hear they are doing this with the SAT test now . In private school they can take a extension on the SAT. They don't have to take the test all at ounce if the have note from a doctor . This is crazy ..everybody wants to bend or work the system some how ..The sad part is it's the parents not the kids..


Any public school child can do this as well. It's called an accomodation, and it's so that children with learning differences have an opportunity to be successful taking the SAT or ACT. Don't be a dolt. It has nothing to do with entitlement. Or lacrosse for that matter. Or holding back. It has to do with allowing kids with learning differences to be successful. You nitwit. And it's not exclusive to private school. Geez. The ignorance of people on this site never, ever, ever ceases to amaze me. Get out and talk to some parents of other kids or teachers once in a while.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164255 05/11/16 05:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All joking aside I don't care who has them or not . I don't care who beat who . But one fact you can't say it's not . It's a Safety issue with these much bigger and stronger kids.. Some one could really get hurt .The problem is that iswhat has to happen for them to change ,is some one has to be seriously hurt for them to change...


Listen, there are going to be bigger kids that are the same age! There is a kid who is the same age as my kid and he is 7 or 8 inches shorter. They are both 2022, they are both 12. They are the same age!

Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164261 05/11/16 06:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To any parent who has a kid on a 2022 team that doesn't think teams fielding holbacks is an issue - I encourage you to go watch the Crabs 2020 elite team. I have seen the roster, know the players and their DOBs. This is not whining or moaning - this is stating a fact that their are multiple 16 year olds in their line up and a slew of 15 year olds that will turn 16 by the end of 2016. Putting 16 year olds on the field with 13 year olds is unsafe. Unless HOCO adopts a grade based program with an age cutoff or goes strictly age based - your 8th grade kid is going to be playing against someone who can drive themselves to the game. It's a sad state.

Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164267 05/11/16 06:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To any parent who has a kid on a 2022 team that doesn't think teams fielding holbacks is an issue - I encourage you to go watch the Crabs 2020 elite team. I have seen the roster, know the players and their DOBs. This is not whining or moaning - this is stating a fact that their are multiple 16 year olds in their line up and a slew of 15 year olds that will turn 16 by the end of 2016. Putting 16 year olds on the field with 13 year olds is unsafe. Unless HOCO adopts a grade based program with an age cutoff or goes strictly age based - your 8th grade kid is going to be playing against someone who can drive themselves to the game. It's a sad state.


Understood. Completely. But folks are coming on here accusing teams in 2022 of having holdbacks simply based on the fact that there are size differences at this age. With no facts to back up the accusations. The fact of the matter is that some 12 year olds have hit puberty and some have not. Some have had growth spurts and some have not. This means some teams have a handful of kids who are a lot bigger. It's just the way it is in middle school. Has nothing to do with holdig back. It has to do with development. Go look at any sixth grade middle school class. There is an incredibly wide range of development. It is unfair to tarnish a coach and team's reputation by saying they are cheating because kids on the team have grown. It's wrong, and it's cowardly.

Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164284 05/11/16 08:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To any parent who has a kid on a 2022 team that doesn't think teams fielding holbacks is an issue - I encourage you to go watch the Crabs 2020 elite team. I have seen the roster, know the players and their DOBs. This is not whining or moaning - this is stating a fact that their are multiple 16 year olds in their line up and a slew of 15 year olds that will turn 16 by the end of 2016. Putting 16 year olds on the field with 13 year olds is unsafe. Unless HOCO adopts a grade based program with an age cutoff or goes strictly age based - your 8th grade kid is going to be playing against someone who can drive themselves to the game. It's a sad state.


I get it but just changing to age based won't stop a lot. Cheaters will still cheat. I know for a fact (because I personally know the kids involved) who have played in u9, u11. U13 and have been too old for the cutoff.

No one that i can remember has ever asked for my so 's birth certificate yet. He is 11 but what is stopping me (excepty own integrity) from letting him play in a u9 tourney this summer.

Even if birth certificates are required, unless they are checked with a picture ID EVERY game.....it still won't solve anything. I have a good friend who's son plays on a rival club. They have added 3 players and had 2 leave to go to other teams in the past couple weeks. I thought rosters had to be set? I don't think any of this was "cheating" as much as survival because they are a non playoff B team.

Nothing, except the integrity of the coaches, directors and families will keep teams from cheating regardless of the rules.

Well, one thing might.....you hit them in the pocket. Not an attorney but would be interested to know the liability if a 15 year old who has signed up to play in a u13 tourney because his grade based team is there. The 15 year old seriously hurts a 12 year old. I know we sign waivers but aren't they protecting the tourney? Couldn't a parent sure Club XYZ for playing a 15 year old in a u13 if a child was badly injured?

Trust me, I get why a parent would holdback a kid. I have 2 kids with summer birthdays and if I had to do it over again, I would with mine. However, both are starters on 2 different playoff high end teams and are both the 3rd youngest on their teams. So if you are good enough, you play up or at age. If i held them back tomorrow. I wouldn't want them to move down, it would hurt both of them lacrosse wise. Yeah, they would probably be the best or top 3 on their squads but so what. They will get better being the 3rd best middie on their current team

Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164294 05/11/16 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]
Trust me, I get why a parent would holdback a kid. I have 2 kids with summer birthdays and if I had to do it over again, I would with mine. However, both are starters on 2 different playoff high end teams and are both the 3rd youngest on their teams. So if you are good enough, you play up or at age. If i held them back tomorrow. I wouldn't want them to move down, it would hurt both of them lacrosse wise. Yeah, they would probably be the best or top 3 on their squads but so what. They will get better being the 3rd best middie on their current team


What you say is exactly what will be happening with many parents and players due to this grade based teams at Youth level.
If you had to do over again you would hold them back. I actually dont blame you. Why should your children be at a disadvantage age wise when many parents decide to hold their child back either at prefirst or 8th grade.
All parents are seeing the effects of other people holding their child back.Soon it will be normal to have many teams full of holdbacks. This ridiculous way to do Youth sports.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164322 05/11/16 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking MPLL so long to release the playoff schedule.

Hopefully they are putting the playoff games on turf and the consolation games on the beat up grass.


Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164323 05/11/16 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for this weekend?

Re: Boys 2022
Anonymous #164330 05/11/16 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Predictions for this weekend?

Prediction: dbacks will lose and these boards will fill up with whiny dads claiming its because of hold backs.

Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164331 05/11/16 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D-Backs win both leagues!

Re: Boys 2022
TLaxOne #164332 05/11/16 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is red hot!

Page 23 of 73 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4