BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 28 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Damn...a typo. They edit Team 82+9 but won't fix my errors! It should say "...not YOUR son who may score one or two goals on a smaller boy."

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My last comment on this...for all you dads who play your kids down you are making them losers. You are giving them biology for now which will eventually equalize when all of the boys mature. My 12 year old will grow from your mistake. Your sons will fall below their peers. Their peers aren't 12 year older. They are older kids. Make the game about the sport...not YOUR son whimsy score one or two goals on a smaller boy.

For Christ sake we got it. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My last comment on this...for all you dads who play your kids down you are making them losers. You are giving them biology for now which will eventually equalize when all of the boys mature. My 12 year old will grow from your mistake. Your sons will fall below their peers. Their peers aren't 12 year older. They are older kids. Make the game about the sport...not YOUR son whimsy score one or two goals on a smaller boy.

If your son will grow from this, than you should be happy all these teams have holdbacks. Are these entire teams all holdbacks? It really doesn't matter for your little muffin if his opponent has 4 holdbacks but his man isn't. I hope sporto is kicking their butts...for his sake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What big kid? What team is he on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An age base league and a required Maryland walking ID will fix all of this dumb [lacrosse].

If you are telling the truth that some of these kids aren't hold backs then you shouldn't have an issue with getting the ID.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There sure are some big 12 year olds growing up in Baltimore and Annapolis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea - let's self impose rules on our team and then join a league without those rules, then call everyone who beats us a cheater even if we have no idea if they are or are not following the rules we made up. Fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There sure are some big 12 year olds growing up in Baltimore and Annapolis.

And some really small ones, too. It's middle school, dummy. Kids grow at different times. Pay attention. The Little guys are getting the job done on these teams, too. Before you cry hold back and cheater, pay attention to what's happening on the field. Talk to the parents of the other team. There really are some very big and very small 12 year old players in this league. Don't make assumptions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea - let's self impose rules on our team and then join a league without those rules, then call everyone who beats us a cheater even if we have no idea if they are or are not following the rules we made up. Fun.

No one self imposes rules not allowing holdbacks. The clubs that don't have holdbacks just didn't have any show up at tryouts or accept spots on the team. No club would tell an older kid, if they are better, that they can't play for them. Most of the lower level clubs have prefirst kids on them too. You just don't notice them because they aren't good enough to stand out. Looneys 2022 has a bunch, and they play in the B division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one self imposes rules not allowing holdbacks. The clubs that don't have holdbacks just didn't have any show up at tryouts or accept spots on the team. No club would tell an older kid, if they are better, that they can't play for them. Most of the lower level clubs have prefirst kids on them too. You just don't notice them because they aren't good enough to stand out. Looneys 2022 has a bunch, and they play in the B division.

If half of what people say is the truth here..Maryland is the land of kids being heldback..There is no where else in the country like this. In the majority of country , holding your child back is looked at as having a child that is not able to keep up with 99% of kids his age. Most actually feel sorry for parents that their child couldnt make it in his grade. Here in Maryland it is celebrated it looks like!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If half of what people say is the truth here..Maryland is the land of kids being heldback..There is no where else in the country like this. In the majority of country , holding your child back is looked at as having a child that is not able to keep up with 99% of kids his age. Most actually feel sorry for parents that their child couldnt make it in his grade. Here in Maryland it is celebrated it looks like!

No! 5% of what is said on here is not even true. If kids are held back, it is usually in 8th grade. I do not know any 6th grade holdbacks, and my kid is in 6th grade at an MIAA school. Yes, some kids do pre-first, but they are not doing it for sports. They are doing it because they are late summer birthdays and are too young to begin elementary school. Furthermore, none of those kids are on a club lacrosse team. None. People are conflating a lot of different issues here and acting like this is an epidemic. There are a few, yes. But not at all as it would seem from these ranting lunatics on this site. Especially at this age level. Everyone on my son's club team (which I shall name so as not to embarrass him or the coaches) is 11 or 12 years old. And it is a good team. Competitive. We know many other kids on other teams and the situation is the same. And some of the kids are huge 12 year olds. And some of the kids are small 12 year olds. What you have on this 2022 thread at this point is a case of sore loser-itis. You will find in MD that when a team that was formerly quite successful begins to have loses, rather than look to themselves, they immediately start accusing others of cheating. So much easier than working harder and off season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes it's not working harder as much as working harder to keep kids. Then, the question is why do kids switch teams? Playing time, coaches, commitment, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad thing is I hear they are doing this with the SAT test now . In private school they can take a extension on the SAT. They don't have to take the test all at ounce if the have note from a doctor . This is crazy ..everybody wants to bend or work the system some how ..The sad part is it's the parents not the kids..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All joking aside I don't care who has them or not . I don't care who beat who . But one fact you can't say it's not . It's a Safety issue with these much bigger and stronger kids.. Some one could really get hurt .The problem is that iswhat has to happen for them to change ,is some one has to be seriously hurt for them to change...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad thing is I hear they are doing this with the SAT test now . In private school they can take a extension on the SAT. They don't have to take the test all at ounce if the have note from a doctor . This is crazy ..everybody wants to bend or work the system some how ..The sad part is it's the parents not the kids..

Any public school child can do this as well. It's called an accomodation, and it's so that children with learning differences have an opportunity to be successful taking the SAT or ACT. Don't be a dolt. It has nothing to do with entitlement. Or lacrosse for that matter. Or holding back. It has to do with allowing kids with learning differences to be successful. You nitwit. And it's not exclusive to private school. Geez. The ignorance of people on this site never, ever, ever ceases to amaze me. Get out and talk to some parents of other kids or teachers once in a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All joking aside I don't care who has them or not . I don't care who beat who . But one fact you can't say it's not . It's a Safety issue with these much bigger and stronger kids.. Some one could really get hurt .The problem is that iswhat has to happen for them to change ,is some one has to be seriously hurt for them to change...

Listen, there are going to be bigger kids that are the same age! There is a kid who is the same age as my kid and he is 7 or 8 inches shorter. They are both 2022, they are both 12. They are the same age!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To any parent who has a kid on a 2022 team that doesn't think teams fielding holbacks is an issue - I encourage you to go watch the Crabs 2020 elite team. I have seen the roster, know the players and their DOBs. This is not whining or moaning - this is stating a fact that their are multiple 16 year olds in their line up and a slew of 15 year olds that will turn 16 by the end of 2016. Putting 16 year olds on the field with 13 year olds is unsafe. Unless HOCO adopts a grade based program with an age cutoff or goes strictly age based - your 8th grade kid is going to be playing against someone who can drive themselves to the game. It's a sad state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To any parent who has a kid on a 2022 team that doesn't think teams fielding holbacks is an issue - I encourage you to go watch the Crabs 2020 elite team. I have seen the roster, know the players and their DOBs. This is not whining or moaning - this is stating a fact that their are multiple 16 year olds in their line up and a slew of 15 year olds that will turn 16 by the end of 2016. Putting 16 year olds on the field with 13 year olds is unsafe. Unless HOCO adopts a grade based program with an age cutoff or goes strictly age based - your 8th grade kid is going to be playing against someone who can drive themselves to the game. It's a sad state.

Understood. Completely. But folks are coming on here accusing teams in 2022 of having holdbacks simply based on the fact that there are size differences at this age. With no facts to back up the accusations. The fact of the matter is that some 12 year olds have hit puberty and some have not. Some have had growth spurts and some have not. This means some teams have a handful of kids who are a lot bigger. It's just the way it is in middle school. Has nothing to do with holdig back. It has to do with development. Go look at any sixth grade middle school class. There is an incredibly wide range of development. It is unfair to tarnish a coach and team's reputation by saying they are cheating because kids on the team have grown. It's wrong, and it's cowardly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it but just changing to age based won't stop a lot. Cheaters will still cheat. I know for a fact (because I personally know the kids involved) who have played in u9, u11. U13 and have been too old for the cutoff.

No one that i can remember has ever asked for my so 's birth certificate yet. He is 11 but what is stopping me (excepty own integrity) from letting him play in a u9 tourney this summer.

Even if birth certificates are required, unless they are checked with a picture ID EVERY game.....it still won't solve anything. I have a good friend who's son plays on a rival club. They have added 3 players and had 2 leave to go to other teams in the past couple weeks. I thought rosters had to be set? I don't think any of this was "cheating" as much as survival because they are a non playoff B team.

Nothing, except the integrity of the coaches, directors and families will keep teams from cheating regardless of the rules.

Well, one thing might.....you hit them in the pocket. Not an attorney but would be interested to know the liability if a 15 year old who has signed up to play in a u13 tourney because his grade based team is there. The 15 year old seriously hurts a 12 year old. I know we sign waivers but aren't they protecting the tourney? Couldn't a parent sure Club XYZ for playing a 15 year old in a u13 if a child was badly injured?

Trust me, I get why a parent would holdback a kid. I have 2 kids with summer birthdays and if I had to do it over again, I would with mine. However, both are starters on 2 different playoff high end teams and are both the 3rd youngest on their teams. So if you are good enough, you play up or at age. If i held them back tomorrow. I wouldn't want them to move down, it would hurt both of them lacrosse wise. Yeah, they would probably be the best or top 3 on their squads but so what. They will get better being the 3rd best middie on their current team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Trust me, I get why a parent would holdback a kid. I have 2 kids with summer birthdays and if I had to do it over again, I would with mine. However, both are starters on 2 different playoff high end teams and are both the 3rd youngest on their teams. So if you are good enough, you play up or at age. If i held them back tomorrow. I wouldn't want them to move down, it would hurt both of them lacrosse wise. Yeah, they would probably be the best or top 3 on their squads but so what. They will get better being the 3rd best middie on their current team

What you say is exactly what will be happening with many parents and players due to this grade based teams at Youth level.
If you had to do over again you would hold them back. I actually dont blame you. Why should your children be at a disadvantage age wise when many parents decide to hold their child back either at prefirst or 8th grade.
All parents are seeing the effects of other people holding their child back.Soon it will be normal to have many teams full of holdbacks. This ridiculous way to do Youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking MPLL so long to release the playoff schedule.

Hopefully they are putting the playoff games on turf and the consolation games on the beat up grass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for this weekend?

Prediction: dbacks will lose and these boards will fill up with whiny dads claiming its because of hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D-Backs win both leagues!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is red hot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dbacks will beat team 91 ...team 91 has peaked Dbacks are just warming up.. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dbacks will lose both leagues to the hawks and come august there will be a bunch of ugly api helmets at hawks tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking MPLL so long to release the playoff schedule.

Hopefully they are putting the playoff games on turf and the consolation games on the beat up grass.

Hawks vs. RR 9:30 Upper grass
API vs. Team 91 12:30 Upper grass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 peaked early .D-Backs is now hitting their stride . D-Backs will beat 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are a good team but the DBacks don't have any holdback's so they won't want the DBacks players ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are a good team but the DBacks don't have any holdback's so they won't want the DBacks players ...
I get, there is always a troll trying to diminish what kids have worked so hard to become. In this case really good players for their grade/age. I think everyone who reads this board gets that part. But in this case of trying it against the 2022 Hawks is just quite silly. Hogan himself is requiring any player who plays in his tournament to register through PASSPORT in order to play in his tournaments - doesn't seem like that is something he would want to do if he had a bunch of older holdback on his younger teams. But hey, troll on. Hope doing so makes your day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you stop making anonymous comments and introduce yourself? That way, the teams you are accusing can defend themselves. It's easy to say these things anonymously. And cowardly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from some one who posted anonymously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt many of the dbacks players could even make the hawks team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt many of the dbacks players could even make the hawks team.

STOP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But this person is not accusing other teams of cheating. There is this one dbacks person who keeps accusing other teams of having holdbacks. I would like that person to be accountable. I wonder if he/she would say these things to their friends on the other teams. I doubt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you really are not helping you sons life by lying to him and yourself. Trying to make yourself feel better about your sons team losing a few games. you have called every other team in the league cheaters! Seriously, speaks volumes with no proof . good luck in that helicopter you fly over your kids. Sad to see coming from a parent of a winning team and good coaches.( now that they kicked out all the daddies from the sideline).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on in the MPLL Playoff schedule? Who does Koopers play this weekend? They are in 3rd place .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But this person is not accusing other teams of cheating. There is this one dbacks person who keeps accusing other teams of having holdbacks. I would like that person to be accountable. I wonder if he/she would say these things to their friends on the other teams. I doubt it.

just go to one of their games he is probably the one standing on the sidelines going crazy yelling and screaming at everyone. oh wait everyone on the dback sideline acts like that.

Page 9 of 28 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard