BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 58 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's Princeton people. Take the education and move on. It's an IVY LEAGUE degree and oh by the way a varsity sport add on for good measure. You go to the top of every resume pile. You 100% lacrosse people are NUTS! Play for satan if that's what it takes to set you up for the rest of your life

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can all say what you want but Princeton will honor 90 percent of the previous coaches verbals , you may have a few kids use it as an excuse to opt out . My son plays at a Princeton and when he went thru the recruiting process the AD was slightly involved but was made aware at the end of each parties "commitment" and I was told that the school would honor the agreement weather that particular coach was there or not . Yes there are some academic mile stones that your kid needs to meet but they are significantly lower than the average Princeton student and quite honestly if you struggle to meet those standards you do not belong there.

The academic standards are high and they should be non negotiable. I believe the number will be far less than 90%. Coaches have the latitude to administer their programs within constraints. Follow rules, graduate players, win. If the new coach doesn't see the upside or quality he wants in the Princeton commits or is unsure, especially the ones down the ladder in 2018, 2019, he likely will and should release them. There is no commitment from Princeton here. Not the AD and certainly not the admissions office. It is a verbal arrangement between a coach and a family. Of course every kid with a chance to attend Princeton should jump at it. But I think you're overstating the depth of the commitment other principals at Princeton have here. If your son was recruited by Bates, I'd be more than a little worried now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Talk about Princeton. Who is the new coach? Anybody heard any 3rd had rumor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Talk about Princeton. Who is the new coach? Anybody heard any 3rd had rumor

I think they named an assit. as acting head coach. They will probably wait until NCAA tournament is done to interview top assistants from a top 15 team or a head coach from a rising program. They may just keep the acting guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they named an assit. as acting head coach. They will probably wait until NCAA tournament is done to interview top assistants from a top 15 team or a head coach from a rising program. They may just keep the acting guy.
DeLuca will be

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I think they named an assit. as acting head coach. They will probably wait until NCAA tournament is done to interview top assistants from a top 15 team or a head coach from a rising program. They may just keep the acting guy."

Thanks, that clarified things...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd expect several more firings and job openings. My question is who are all the new qualified coaches to take these jobs? The assistants who have been the early recruiting bozos? Club guys who have been throwing out lousy / unsightly fundamentals club ball for college placement services? I'm getting really concerned that the college sport will be dominated by only a small few programs run by guys who are actually great coaches, then a huge garbage pile after that.

I've been around this sport for almost all of my 53 years and this was the first year where I went to D3 games and saw teams that could compete with or bear D1 teams. Many of coaches are obviously unable to develop talent. I question now whether or not Starsia and Petro ever did know how or if they just appeared smarter years ago when they could out talent other programs and roll a ball out. These programs are obviously recruiting poorly too. One of the things that struck me watching UVA this year was their body language leaving the field after a game. 45 individuals. And talent wise more than 30 of them didn't belong in that uniform anyways. Hopkins is now a program ever 5-6 kids quit every fall. What kid spends his whole youth chasing this and quits at the end of fall ball? Hopkins has some serious character issues in their program. Petro is a great guy but don't sell me that he recruits well and coaches to the talent. He's gotten a few more stars like the Stanwicks and Tinney,, but then again Starsia has been about as lucky there too over the last several years. It's getting to a point where I don't see how a kid dreams of being a Hoo or a Blue Jay anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd expect several more firings and job openings. My question is who are all the new qualified coaches to take these jobs? The assistants who have been the early recruiting bozos? Club guys who have been throwing out lousy / unsightly fundamentals club ball for college placement services? I'm getting really concerned that the college sport will be dominated by only a small few programs run by guys who are actually great coaches, then a huge garbage pile after that.

I've been around this sport for almost all of my 53 years and this was the first year where I went to D3 games and saw teams that could compete with or bear D1 teams. Many of coaches are obviously unable to develop talent. I question now whether or not Starsia and Petro ever did know how or if they just appeared smarter years ago when they could out talent other programs and roll a ball out. These programs are obviously recruiting poorly too. One of the things that struck me watching UVA this year was their body language leaving the field after a game. 45 individuals. And talent wise more than 30 of them didn't belong in that uniform anyways. Hopkins is now a program ever 5-6 kids quit every fall. What kid spends his whole youth chasing this and quits at the end of fall ball? Hopkins has some serious character issues in their program. Petro is a great guy but don't sell me that he recruits well and coaches to the talent. He's gotten a few more stars like the Stanwicks and Tinney,, but then again Starsia has been about as lucky there too over the last several years. It's getting to a point where I don't see how a kid dreams of being a Hoo or a Blue Jay anymore.

Wow, really? Do yourself a favor, go to a high school recruiting tournament this summer and stand in the parking lot and take a poll of the kids coming out. I guarantee you 99 out of 100 of them would trade one of their siblings for a shot to play at either UVA or Hopkins. Yes their programs might be down, but they are both historic programs and excellent academic institutions. Hopkins has a tendency to over recruit which explains why kids will quit or transfer but dont fool yourself, its still Hopkins and kids would kill for a shot to play there. UVA is a disaster right now and I firmly believe they need a coaching change. However, to say that kids dont wanna go there is silly, its still UVA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this was the first year where I went to D3 games and saw teams that could compete with or bear D1 teams. [/quote]

Top 10 D3 could beat anyone below top 20 D1, definitely hang with 10-20 D1, and probably lose to by 5-7 to top 10 D1. Top level D3 is really really good lacrosse - the coaches can actually coach - not rely on spoiled kids that peaked in 9th grade and were only better than everyone else because they matured first...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, really? Do yourself a favor, go to a high school recruiting tournament this summer and stand in the parking lot and take a poll of the kids coming out. I guarantee you 99 out of 100 of them would trade one of their siblings for a shot to play at either UVA or Hopkins. Yes their programs might be down, but they are both historic programs and excellent academic institutions. Hopkins has a tendency to over recruit which explains why kids will quit or transfer but dont fool yourself, its still Hopkins and kids would kill for a shot to play there. UVA is a disaster right now and I firmly believe they need a coaching change. However, to say that kids dont wanna go there is silly, its still UVA.

I do go to these things with my youngest. Of course all the 14 year olds want to go to the school with the cred, the cool uniforms and play on ESPN. And sure they'd sell a sibling. Their parents would likely sell a kin as well for a sexy commit announcement. I think you are missing the part where 14 year olds become college students later, arrive at these programs and barely hang on for fall ball because the coaches are over recruiting to compensate for the fact that the way they recruit is a disaster. Kids who have these values because they are taught them...look how that turns out. Every UVA and Hop player learned only how to hog it for an individual highlight, didn't care about winning club tournaments and cared more about walking around as a college commit over being a high school player. Hopkins and UVA are the two worst coached, underachieving and culturally cancerous programs in the sport now. Sure they are great schools. I have a degree from one of them. But neither school is a good fit for a lax bro who just wants to stay eligible for four years and play ball. Pretty soon the cool destinations can be Ohio State and Penn State if Hopkins and UVA can stay off TV in games that count in May. If I were the AD at either Hop or UVA, I'd fire both coaches tomorrow morning. Let them sit on the other side of the field at middle school club tournaments coaching some club team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, I'd like to say the UVA just looks and feels like a college should and all they need to do is get a kid on Campus with his parents and I suspect they sign up (and no, I did not attend but have been there enough). Hopkins? (lovely Baltimore)? Not so much, so Petro has a tougher sell than many others. Going forward, it is going to be even tougher for him, you can bet on that.

But don't bet against seeing the Hop Memorial Day weekend. They are not good enough this year, but stranger things have happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, I'd like to say the UVA just looks and feels like a college should and all they need to do is get a kid on Campus with his parents and I suspect they sign up (and no, I did not attend but have been there enough). Hopkins? (lovely Baltimore)? Not so much, so Petro has a tougher sell than many others. Going forward, it is going to be even tougher for him, you can bet on that.

But don't bet against seeing the Hop Memorial Day weekend. They are not good enough this year, but stranger things have happened.

Baltimore, the city, might not be as picturesque as UVA, but a degree from Hopkins is prestigious. Some people actually care about the degree, you know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore, the city, might not be as picturesque as UVA, but a degree from Hopkins is prestigious. Some people actually care about the degree, you know?

If you can get into Hopkins, then you probably have lots of choices. Is it a prestigious, of course, but we are talking about elite lax players who are ER, are we not? And Baltimore is a handicap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can get into Hopkins, then you probably have lots of choices. Is it a prestigious, of course, but we are talking about elite lax players who are ER, are we not? And Baltimore is a handicap.

Hey now. There might be some significant social issues, but Baltimore is a cool city -- rich in history, art, and music. Get beyond the superficial and dig a little. It's a quirky town. An artsy, foodie, cool place. Don't diss my hometown, man! Lots of great people in Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
problem with the hop is you only have lax. Add to that the fact (like most kids do at others) you hang with lax players all the time 24-7. Not much else there. Slim choices with the ladies as well. Go to a UVA football game and enjoy the sun and scenery. The sun dresses are hard to look away from. Basketball team is hot right now as well and as a Varsity athlete you get free admission to all. Nice perk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey now. There might be some significant social issues, but Baltimore is a cool city -- rich in history, art, and music. Get beyond the superficial and dig a little. It's a quirky town. An artsy, foodie, cool place. Don't diss my hometown, man! Lots of great people in Baltimore.

Well, the mayor is a moron, the county attorney is a moron and WHEN, not if, the next riot strikes, Baltimore is going to look a lot like Ferguson Missouri. But Hopkins is a GREAT school with a historically great lacrosse program. One I feel will recover nicely. Remember ND won a football NC in 1988, then struggled for years before Chip Kelly came along. Same with Bama, now Miami struggling to compete in football. Cyclical, they'll be back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all out of your mind if you think Hopkins or UVA have any trouble getting the recruits they wants. Both of them can draw from the hotbeds as well as out west and Canada. If Petro calls you and your a high school soph or Jr, youre saying no? Not a shot in [lacrosse]. As for Baltimore, yes there are some pretty shady spots but they also have Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Federal Hill, etc. Not sure if you noticed but NYC has some really shady spots as well and last time I looked Hofstra wasnt in the greatest neighborhood either. In regards to UVA, your talking about a beautiful campus, a great academic institution, a pretty sizable and powerful alumni and a storied lacrosse program. So who wouldnt go there and why???? If your talking about deciding between and IVY and UVA you have an argument, otherwise its a no brainer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Homewood Field is a dump and so is the JHU campus. I get UVA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all out of your mind if you think Hopkins or UVA have any trouble getting the recruits they wants. Both of them can draw from the hotbeds as well as out west and Canada. If Petro calls you and your a high school soph or Jr, youre saying no? Not a shot in [lacrosse]. As for Baltimore, yes there are some pretty shady spots but they also have Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Federal Hill, etc. Not sure if you noticed but NYC has some really shady spots as well and last time I looked Hofstra wasnt in the greatest neighborhood either. In regards to UVA, your talking about a beautiful campus, a great academic institution, a pretty sizable and powerful alumni and a storied lacrosse program. So who wouldnt go there and why???? If your talking about deciding between and IVY and UVA you have an argument, otherwise its a no brainer.

I think you've gotten off track a bit. The discussion is about ER, not about whether or not a 16 year old, two or three time ninth grader will accept an offer. Clearly, the reason these two schools are in the predicament they are, is precisely because they are making offers to 16 yo ninth graders that are accepting those offers. They are not getting the best kids... That is why they can't win. 10 years ago Hop would have beat Rutgers with their 3rd lines. 16 year olds playing against 14 year olds in tournament look like superstars. When the arrive on campus at age 20 they now have to play up. Most will not be able to do it. Remember, if they really were that good, they would have been playing up at 16, not 2 years down. The biggest offenders are all suffering the same fate. UVA, Hop, UNC. Its only going to get worse for them, they have recruited the same type of players in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. It's great for the other programs, and great for D3. Parity is here to stay, and it will only continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you've gotten off track a bit. The discussion is about ER, not about whether or not a 16 year old, two or three time ninth grader will accept an offer. Clearly, the reason these two schools are in the predicament they are, is precisely because they are making offers to 16 yo ninth graders that are accepting those offers. They are not getting the best kids... That is why they can't win. 10 years ago Hop would have beat Rutgers with their 3rd lines. 16 year olds playing against 14 year olds in tournament look like superstars. When the arrive on campus at age 20 they now have to play up. Most will not be able to do it. Remember, if they really were that good, they would have been playing up at 16, not 2 years down. The biggest offenders are all suffering the same fate. UVA, Hop, UNC. Its only going to get worse for them, they have recruited the same type of players in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. It's great for the other programs, and great for D3. Parity is here to stay, and it will only continue.

I disagree with you. ER may be playing a role but it is definitely not the whole story. In the cases of UNC and UVA, both of their rosters are loaded with talent and athletes, so to me it is a coaching problem not a recruiting problem. Breschi missed his chance last year when he had that all world attack. Starsia looks lost and disinterested and I think its filtering down to his players, definitely time for a change at UVA. As for Hop, they did make the final four last year and they had some big wins this season and it remains to be seen what they do in this tourney, they have a tough 1st round matchup with Brown. You did hit the nail on the head with parity, the talent is much more spread out and more athletes are playing the sport which is why your seeing some of the upsets youre seeing. I think parity and good coaching is more on the money than ER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Bill Tierney was the coach at UVA, they would be in the top five. UVA's play has nothing to do with ER or lack of player talent. Hopkins lost two first line mids for the season and still are in the tourney. UNC is in the tourney. These programs are fine and full of great athletes. Not d3 players as hater dad states.

The guy bashing programs and players is only doing it because his son didn't get recruited. Dude, get over it. Hop, UVA and UNC will always be highly respected and desirable places to play. Everyone would go to these three schools in a heartbeat.

There is more talent than ever, and ER has yet to take effect good or bad. Parity is simply more good D1 players and more good D1 coaches getting the most out of their players. This is all a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they have great riots! Amazing police and great political leaders.

Seriously, Baltimore might be great under the surface, but I think that my 18 year old from the suburbs might find a bunch of lacrosse powers more appealing. Petro is handicapped by the surroundings. So is Yale, if that makes you happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for bringing Hofstra into this, your pretty spot on and the NYC comparison it too broad and we are surely not talking Wagner or Manhattan. But if you are a lax ER then you have a choice and Hop is lucky they have the aura to overcome the location.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Petro called - I'd still look elsewhere. Hopkins location, facilities, campus, etc. is a major issue. They are not the only game in town anymore. Sorry - old news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, Baltimore might be great under the surface, but I think that my 18 year old from the suburbs might find a bunch of lacrosse powers more appealing. Petro is handicapped by the surroundings. So is Yale, if that makes you happy.

Again, sorry but if youre in any way insinuating that someone actually might think twice about going to Yale because of its location you are absolutely out of your mind. It could be on the surface of the moon and people would gouge each others eyes out to have the opportunity to go there. As for Hop and being in a shady neighborhood, let me ask you, do you think Duke has a problem recruiting? Have you ever seen the area surrounding Duke? Not desirable by any stretch. How about UPenn? There are many schools that are situated in bad neighborhoods, but I really dont think its that big of a factor when kids are deciding where to go to school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Petro called - I'd still look elsewhere. Hopkins location, facilities, campus, etc. is a major issue. They are not the only game in town anymore. Sorry - old news.

Congrats, your kid must be something pretty special then. Not many kids have the option of turning down one of the premier academic and lacrosse institutions in the country. Ive been to Hop more than a few times, the facilities and the campus are just fine. I agree the surrounding area is an issue but nothing that would stop me from sending my kid there if he had the chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopkins in the 80's and early 90's was it. Now even though they are still great, there are a ton more choices and many of them are very attractive. Schools have evolved. NO knock on the Hop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia AD pretty much indicated the end for Starsia today. If your son is a UVA early commit you'd better hope the new guy loves you in the morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia AD pretty much indicated the end for Starsia today. If your son is a UVA early commit you'd better hope the new guy loves you in the morning.

Although I agree he has to go, I have a hard time believing they will kick him out on his rear. The man has had a great deal of success there and has done wonders for the program. It is time for a change but hopefully they do it the right way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, sorry but if youre in any way insinuating that someone actually might think twice about going to Yale because of its location you are absolutely out of your mind. It could be on the surface of the moon and people would gouge each others eyes out to have the opportunity to go there. As for Hop and being in a shady neighborhood, let me ask you, do you think Duke has a problem recruiting? Have you ever seen the area surrounding Duke? Not desirable by any stretch. How about UPenn? There are many schools that are situated in bad neighborhoods, but I really dont think its that big of a factor when kids are deciding where to go to school

But these kids are the best of the best at the time they are getting recruited, THEY HAVE A CHOICE! New Haven to Cambridge, Baltimore to Charlottesville and so many in between. You can not look at this as if it is the choice between Binghampton and Yale as a lax player. Kids the ER for lax are not deciding a Government major at Harvard vs a pre-med at Yale or Hopkins.

Bottom line is Petro is handicapped by his surroundings, it can not be denied. At UVA, there is no handicap and I would look towards the coaching. Frankly that place is a bonus for the coach, he is the problem there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early or late recruit
The entire idea of athletics for the over whelming majority is help the get to a school that may have not been able to attend without given sport
A degree from many of the schools listed above will aid them tremendously in the rest of the lives not just the 4-5 yrs they spend at the school
And as far as ER what you think you may want at 15
Many times is completely different from what you want as a 18 yr old senior
Good day all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former UVA student athlete, here is what I wonder about...George Hugely was a bum and a violent drunk for 4 years in that program. The twins, same thing. Nothing but trouble and more trouble. Back in the day in my team and other teams at UVA the teams and guys took care of each other and their team. If there was a cancer on the team the team members and captains would make sure the coaches knew. Nobody wants it. Starsia knew Huguely and the twins were bad seeds the whole way and he did nothing.

I don't want to hear it that he won this many games and championships. None of that matters when you don't do things the right way and you look away when you have kids committing crimes on your team. 2010 wasn't an isolated incident. It was by far the worst and most horrible think imagined, but it was also the outcome of a pattern which was tolerated for years and was a part of the UVA lacrosse culture for decades. Don't late the door hit you on the [lacrosse] on your way out, coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former UVA student athlete, here is what I wonder about...George Hugely was a bum and a violent drunk for 4 years in that program. The twins, same thing. Nothing but trouble and more trouble. Back in the day in my team and other teams at UVA the teams and guys took care of each other and their team. If there was a cancer on the team the team members and captains would make sure the coaches knew. Nobody wants it. Starsia knew Huguely and the twins were bad seeds the whole way and he did nothing.

I don't want to hear it that he won this many games and championships. None of that matters when you don't do things the right way and you look away when you have kids committing crimes on your team. 2010 wasn't an isolated incident. It was by far the worst and most horrible think imagined, but it was also the outcome of a pattern which was tolerated for years and was a part of the UVA lacrosse culture for decades. Don't late the door hit you on the [lacrosse] on your way out, coach.

That's a powerful post. And makes me think a little bit about how he decries ER and then offers a rising 9th grader in early July.

It will be VERY interesting to see whether the new UVA coach is an ER guy or not. As someone whose kid would be in-state, I hope not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA -- that summary is 100% spot on. The program has had a bad internal reputation for many years. The tired old beer guzzling bro culture goes back to the Ace Adams years. The University and this program would be best served if there is a change and a complete overhaul. Based on Littlepage's comments it looks like change is a given now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a powerful post. And makes me think a little bit about how he decries ER and then offers a rising 9th grader in early July.

It will be VERY interesting to see whether the new UVA coach is an ER guy or not. As someone whose kid would be in-state, I hope not.

Kills me to write this, but Frank Beamer at VaTech always said the first pillar of any great college program is recruiting the state. Your program is always better when you respect that fact that if there are in-state kids you could recruit, you want to always keep a wicked bias toward them. Those are the kids who grew up rooting for the Hoos and would appreciate wearing the jersey and give more of themselves. My UVA teams in another sport always had a few walk-ons from the Quantico base. O'Connor is the baseball coach and he believes in this too. Tough and straight military brats who were tough s.o.b.'s. I went to a UVA lacrosse game this spring and that was obviously a group of 45 individuals. That would never happen if you had glue guys, character guys, guys who only want to be a part of UVA success. Blow that sh$t up and start over. Doesn't mean a thing they are loaded with IL ranked recruits and UA All-Americans. That means nothing. Starsia doesn't get it, he always thought he could out talent everybody with LI and Baltimore kids and look at them now. Next guy needs to be someone who cares about the state. Can't be any other way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kills me to write this, but Frank Beamer at VaTech always said the first pillar of any great college program is recruiting the state. Your program is always better when you respect that fact that if there are in-state kids you could recruit, you want to always keep a wicked bias toward them. Those are the kids who grew up rooting for the Hoos and would appreciate wearing the jersey and give more of themselves. My UVA teams in another sport always had a few walk-ons from the Quantico base. O'Connor is the baseball coach and he believes in this too. Tough and straight military brats who were tough s.o.b.'s. I went to a UVA lacrosse game this spring and that was obviously a group of 45 individuals. That would never happen if you had glue guys, character guys, guys who only want to be a part of UVA success. Blow that sh$t up and start over. Doesn't mean a thing they are loaded with IL ranked recruits and UA All-Americans. That means nothing. Starsia doesn't get it, he always thought he could out talent everybody with LI and Baltimore kids and look at them now. Next guy needs to be someone who cares about the state. Can't be any other way.

I guess that is why ND is always going to be special, everyone if from there and they have God watching the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a dumb thing to write. In any sport if you have talent in your state and can't recruit your state, you will stink. If you have talent in your state and won't recruit it, your dumb and you will stink. I understand that North Carolina high school lacrosse hasn't been huge in the past 10 years, but when there are players good enough to recruit it is a mistake if Breschi ignores the kid. Lots of kids will want to go away for college anyways but everyone notices the validation when the program in the state in the ACC recruits a kid from the state, and more important everyone notices when the program in the state doesn't. Starsia is hated among Virginia high school coaches. They have very long memories and now that Virginia has excellent high school lacrosse talent, the resentment is very high. It's like Pitino saying he wouldn't recruit a Mr. Basketball from Kentucky to UK. He didn't get it. Starsia didn't get it either. If he wants to keep coaching, go coach Hofstra or something like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And look how it went for Towson recruiting all those Maryland public school grinders.

Ty Xanders never ranked character, bi&$es.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Binghamton (no p) needed is a fresh h coach. School is behind Athletics while it prides itself on academics.

2020 2019 keep an eye on this one. School can be seen as a place to be if rumors of an Indoor facility comes to fruition.

Talk about keeping it in state. 15 D1 school
Cause
Albany
Stony Brook
Army
Colgate
Cornell

Hofstra
Marist
Siena
Binghamton
Manhattan

Wagner
St John's
Canisius
Hobart

If you don't have an Indoor facility in NY you put yourself behind the 8ball. Tough to compete with those school with mild Temps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Binghamton (no p) needed is a fresh h coach. School is behind Athletics while it prides itself on academics.

2020 2019 keep an eye on this one. School can be seen as a place to be if rumors of an Indoor facility comes to fruition.

Talk about keeping it in state. 15 D1 school
Cause
Albany
Stony Brook
Army
Colgate
Cornell

Hofstra
Marist
Siena
Binghamton
Manhattan

Wagner
St John's
Canisius
Hobart

If you don't have an Indoor facility in NY you put yourself behind the 8ball. Tough to compete with those school with mild Temps.

And so many D2 and D3

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 58 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard