BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 75 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey anti NW guy , give it a break. I am not a NW fan but it's obvious you have an obsession and it most likely is a result of some perceived wrong that happened to your kid . Maybe they rejected her or maybe some kid that goes there was always favored over your kid , who knows but give it a rest , it's just pathetic and sad.
If this is in reply to the post just before it , I'm a different person than the one you're sparing with, N.U. Is a good school, but it's not for everyone. It must be hard for you it imagine, but some kids don't want to go there. I'm glad your daughter got into the school of your dreams, but you coming on here and saying anyone that didn't choose N.U. Was slighted or not smart enough to get in makes you look like an unbelievable tool. Let's face it , there team did not perform well this year. You never answered the question, did you go to N.U. or are you just living your dream through your kid.

There are several different people on here on both sides. Their team didn't perform up to their own standards for sure. Those standards are very high. But they are a good team. This is a women's college lacrosse forum. Why don't you try putting forth a topic or argument about something more relevant than calling people tools. You sound like one when you do that.

What team do you think has a chance to knock off Maryland?
What do you think about the rule changes implemented this year now that we have seen them for a full regular season?
What do you think of the shot clock as it is currently structured for next year?
Who should be coach of the year this year?
Where should there be coaching changes?
What do you think of the spread west and south of programs and how that will shape the future of college lacrosse?

Want some more?
1 no one will beat MD. 2 don't like the fast restart, they should go to the men's format of everyone can move on the dead ball whistle, ball restarts on refs whistle. 3 can't really give an opinion on shot clock but hope it works, will definitely fix some of the stall issue . Cathy Reese until someone can beat her. 5 at many schools. Some coaches are no longer producing as they once did. Say spread of the game is good but still need to disperse top talent evenly. And here is one for you, don't you think only the 3 woman on the draw circle should be able to be between the restraining lines until there is possession gained by one of them or until the ball crosses the line. It's a mess on the draw hard to watch with too many Ricky dink fouls determining possession, especially in critical situations

totally agree w possession before restraining lines released.

They have eliminated some of the rinky dink fouls with no more empty checks but no question the draw circle becomes a mess.

I was thinking COY Munday. Or even Jessie Morgan at George Mason. Off the radar a little but has turned around that program very quickly. Reese is an obvious choice I guess, but you probably could coach that team and win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cue the dumb guy w:

Coaching changes: NW Amonte-Hiller

Knock off Maryland: Not NG hahaha ...

Thanks for saving me this post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not be better the preliminary bracket has the NW hating morons dream game . Good luck to the hater but I think NW will prove just what a moron he is. Strength of schedule has to matter and the committee has to try to put the best teams into the tournament taking , record, strength of schedule and other factors into account.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not be better the preliminary bracket has the NW hating morons dream game . Good luck to the hater but I think NW will prove just what a moron he is. Strength of schedule has to matter and the committee has to try to put the best teams into the tournament taking , record, strength of schedule and other factors into account.

Confused. What preliminary bracket?

They are certainly in now though with the win over Michigan. They are assured of a .500 or better record. Ohio State is definitely out now with their second loss to Rutgers. Congrats to an improving Rutgers team. Unfortunately they now get Maryland in the B1G tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you truly are pathetic. Every tries to move on but you will not stop. Even if they win that game, they're out next round

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you truly are pathetic. Every tries to move on but you will not stop. Even if they win that game, they're out next round

What is truly pathetic is the fact that you are saying everyone is trying to move on while addressing the topic and you do not see how truly moronic that is. You go on to further show your ignorance by saying they have no chance at winning their second round game, personally I hope they lose but that game can go either way. Have no allegiance to NW but will defend any group of girls that work as hard as they do against idiotic comments from you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get a separate NW thread so these guys can move on and the rest of everybody can talk about a very exciting time of year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is truly pathetic is the fact that you are saying everyone is trying to move on while addressing the topic and you do not see how truly moronic that is. You go on to further show your ignorance by saying they have no chance at winning their second round game, personally I hope they lose but that game can go either way. Have no allegiance to NW but will defend any group of girls that work as hard as they do against idiotic comments from you.

That team just isn't very good so get over t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't agree more!! ugly city, ugly lacrosse, ugly fans there and here. close down that outpost for the good of the game, and this tread. make it stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't agree more!! ugly city, ugly lacrosse, ugly fans there and here. close down that outpost for the good of the game, and this tread. make it stop

I think until they are eliminated, NU man will not stop. Its unfortunate.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The haters must be miserable this morning especially the lead hater as the kid he is so jealous of played awesome . Got to love when a group of hard working young people prove a few vocal so called adults to be ignorant . Hopefully this ends the ill informed jeolous hateful spewing .That said does anyone know if the NCAA brackets that were out are legit or is there still some tweaking .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not been around the girls game long but how about this for the stall solution. Make it like the boys game were the refs call a stall warning and the offense has to keep the ball in the "Box," this reduces the field and puts pressure on the offense to be able able to keep the ball. Allows for easier doubles and stops the offense from spreading out the field What are the pros and cons of this? To my limited experience in the game this might solve some of the stall problem. No?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not been around the girls game long but how about this for the stall solution. Make it like the boys game were the refs call a stall warning and the offense has to keep the ball in the "Box," this reduces the field and puts pressure on the offense to be able able to keep the ball. Allows for easier doubles and stops the offense from spreading out the field What are the pros and cons of this? To my limited experience in the game this might solve some of the stall problem. No?

they r going to a 90 second shot clock next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The haters must be miserable this morning especially the lead hater as the kid he is so jealous of played awesome . Got to love when a group of hard working young people prove a few vocal so called adults to be ignorant . Hopefully this ends the ill informed jeolous hateful spewing .That said does anyone know if the NCAA brackets that were out are legit or is there still some tweaking .

Not sure what brackets you're talking about, but the NCAA selection show is tomorrow night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what brackets you're talking about, but the NCAA selection show is tomorrow night.

The NU unconditional love crowd is a little ahead of themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which hasn't been well thought out, blowouts are going to be insane scores - Maryland is beating Hofstra 13-4 at halftime, what are they supposed to do for the next 30 minutes? the rule maybe helps a handful of close games and playoff games from getting stalled to death and being unwatchable, but will have a negative impact on most games. I agree that something more along the men's lines would be infinitely better for the game than the 90 second clock

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NU unconditional love crowd is a little ahead of themselves.

Wow , very powerful and detailed statement , difficult to dispute your statement as no one knows exactly what you are babbling about .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the season winding down, any HUGE surprises either good or bad with your teams?
1 Maryland
2 North Carolina
3 Florida
4 Syracuse
5 Towson
6 Southern California
7 Notre Dame
8 Princeton
9 Penn
10 Penn St.
11 Stanford
12 Stony Brook
13 Northwestern
14 Cornell
15 Loyola Maryland
16 Louisville
17 Virginia
18 Duke
19 Massachusetts
20 Boston College
21 UConn
22 Johns Hopkins
23 Albany (NY)
24 James Madison
25 Delaware
26 Ohio St.
27 Jacksonville
28 Colorado
29 Winthrop
30 Elon
31 Georgetown
32 Drexel
33 Temple
34 Dartmouth
35 Lehigh
36 Michigan
37 William & Mary
38 Canisius
39 Navy
40 High Point
41 Boston U.
42 Old Dominion
43 Harvard
44 UMBC
45 Oregon
46 George Mason
47 Monmouth
48 Denver
49 UC Davis
50 Rutgers
51 Yale
52 Duquesne
53 Coastal Caro.
54 Bryant
55 Columbia
56 Marist
57 Furman
58 Marquette
59 Virginia Tech
60 Vanderbilt
61 Colgate
62 Davidson
63 Campbell
64 Bucknell
65 Brown
66 Fairfield
67 San Diego St.
68 Niagara
69 Villanova
70 Saint Joseph's
71 Wagner
72 Iona
73 Binghamton
74 New Hampshire
75 Richmond
76 Hofstra
77 California
78 Detroit
79 Vermont
80 Fresno St.
81 American
82 Longwood
83 Lafayette
84 Cincinnati
85 Robert Morris
86 Liberty
87 Holy Cross
88 Sacred Heart
89 La Salle
90 George Washington
91 Siena
92 Mercer
93 Stetson
94 VCU
95 Mt. St. Mary's
96 Central Mich.
97 Kennesaw St.
98 Gardner-Webb
99 Saint Francis (PA)
100 Army West Point
101 Central Conn. St.
102 Manhattan
103 Quinnipiac
104 St. Bonaventure
105 UMass Lowell
106 St. Mary's (CA)
107 Presbyterian
108 LIU Brooklyn
109 Radford
110 Delaware St.
111 Howard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought VCU would finish higher than Mercer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which hasn't been well thought out, blowouts are going to be insane scores - Maryland is beating Hofstra 13-4 at halftime, what are they supposed to do for the next 30 minutes? the rule maybe helps a handful of close games and playoff games from getting stalled to death and being unwatchable, but will have a negative impact on most games. I agree that something more along the men's lines would be infinitely better for the game than the 90 second clock

Pretty simple solution ... shut off clock at 10 goal lead just like running time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty simple solution ... shut off clock at 10 goal lead just like running time

Another simple solution is to sub. Keep putting different girls into the game and spread the playing time in blowouts. Game gets close then you put better players back in. No need for a girl to get 10 goals in a 20-5 blowout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another simple solution is to sub. Keep putting different girls into the game and spread the playing time in blowouts. Game gets close then you put better players back in. No need for a girl to get 10 goals in a 20-5 blowout.

Watched garbage time of the MD semi the other night - really surprised by the steep drop off in talent. Guess the next tier you would expect to be there went somewhere else where they could get minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke to a D 1 coach and they said they would never go past 30 girls on the roster because right now 24-30 are drill killers. More does not nesesarily mean better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched garbage time of the MD semi the other night - really surprised by the steep drop off in talent. Guess the next tier you would expect to be there went somewhere else where they could get minutes.

Most notable, Alex Aust left as Volunteer Assistant and her younger sister left as well. Sister would have been a sophomore this year....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Alex are you talking about?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Terrible draw for Stony Brook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

And how about the UNC bracket?

UNC
Notre Dame
Louisville
NU
Duke
Loyola

Toughest top to bottom.

Penn gets the cake walk to a meeting with Florida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the MD NU game shows just how physical the womens sport is. more chopping than a hibachi restaurant and the officials haven't pulled out a single card. NU players with cut off shirts to show how jacked the are from old-school powerlifting routine. game is changing so rapidly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No respect - looks like a 13 seed based on playing #4 in the Quarters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
Notre Dame
Louisville
NU
Duke
Loyola

Toughest top to bottom.

If Penn deserves the 7 seed (no idea if they do) they should play Florida (#2) in the Quarters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the MD NU game shows just how physical the womens sport is. more chopping than a hibachi restaurant and the officials haven't pulled out a single card. NU players with cut off shirts to show how jacked the are from old-school powerlifting routine. game is changing so rapidly.

And also shows that NU has improved a lot over the course of the season. However, just as their defense was starting to gel, holding penn st. to 6 and keeping Maryland under control, they lose one of their key defenders to what looked like a bad shoulder/collar bone injury. Just not their year, but looked better against Maryland than I thought they would.

Final four looks to definitely include Florida and Maryland based on the brackets. SB/BC/SYR/USC is a tough one to call, but likely SYR and the other bracket looks tough. UNC is the favorite of course, but they had a one goal win over Duke in the ACC tournament, an OT loss to Louisville, an OT win over NU and a couple of tough games w ND that they pulled away late in each.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
Notre Dame
Louisville
NU
Duke
Loyola

Toughest top to bottom.

If Penn deserves the 7 seed (no idea if they do) they should play Florida (#2) in the Quarters.

Penn and Cornell being seeded is a joke. The committee has some strange ways of doing business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB wasn't taken seriously losing 3 of the only 4 hard games they had. Their big goal scorer won't be taken seriously in the Tewaaraton voting either. Most points doesn't mean best player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact they are not seeded is embarrassing when Penn and Cornell are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO one wants to watch women looking like men. Keep the speed creativity and fluidity in and get the jacked women out and GET THE HACKING OUT OF THE GAME! This is 4 years and done. Have the ladies still be ladies after 4 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB wasn't taken seriously losing 3 of the only 4 hard games they had. Their big goal scorer won't be taken seriously in the Tewaaraton voting either. Most points doesn't mean best player

That's the LI way at every level - Club, High School, College Pad pad pad those stats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What great wins does Cornell or pen have ? That committee got some explaining interesting how committee for me are very transparent with NCAA rankings last few weeks and a full explanation on seeds w last few in or out. Women's side always seems warped

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And also shows that NU has improved a lot over the course of the season. However, just as their defense was starting to gel, holding penn st. to 6 and keeping Maryland under control, they lose one of their key defenders to what looked like a bad shoulder/collar bone injury. Just not their year, but looked better against Maryland than I thought they would.

Final four looks to definitely include Florida and Maryland based on the brackets. SB/BC/SYR/USC is a tough one to call, but likely SYR and the other bracket looks tough. UNC is the favorite of course, but they had a one goal win over Duke in the ACC tournament, an OT loss to Louisville, an OT win over NU and a couple of tough games w ND that they pulled away late in each.

I think you are mistaken about the UNC louisville game

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

UNC
Notre Dame
Louisville
NU
Duke
Loyola

Toughest top to bottom.

Penn and Cornell being seeded is a joke. The committee has some strange ways of doing business.

Check out the D3 bracket if you really want to be confused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$ brackets and seedings are based on $$$. Clearly the NCAA is looking to keep the travel cost down.

JMU and Penn State look to be the only two teams that need to fly to first and second round games.

Makes it easier and less costly for the schools, families and fans.

Good luck to all.

Page 21 of 75 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard