BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 77 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just another example of a FEW wimpy, cowardly parents wanting to further DE-BALL their sons in a nation that has been drastically transformed. In three decades we went from the Greatest Generation to these silly milennials.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whether the coach is great or not, the players support him or not, the board will have last say. Remember a certain coach from a rather prestigious neighborhood in Nassau who faced the same type of "abuse" allegations. His players loved him, most of the parents as well, but a small minority pushed it and ......GONE. So I wish the coach well, hope this works out for the community, but don't hold your breath, because the opinions of the boys don't matter to the board, the size of the impending lawsuit does.

^^^This, absolutely^^^^

Whether the coach is great or not, the players support him or not, the board will have last say. Remember a certain coach from a rather prestigious neighborhood in Nassau who faced the same type of "abuse" allegations. His players loved him, most of the parents as well, but a small minority pushed it and ......GONE. So I wish the coach well, hope this works out for the community, but don't hold your breath, because the opinions of the boys don't matter to the board, the size of the impending lawsuit does.

wow - you actually get it, thank you for a post that makes sense

You nailed it! well stated, it's a matter of whether this coach exposes the district to legal suit filing. Many may feel the infraction was not lawsuit worthy, but unfortunately that's not for us to judge. Sad but that's the reality of the situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are telling me all 50 players have same personality.
Some kids do not even want to get change in a boys locker room
You have no clue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way he should be suspending- are you kidding me!!!!
He did that for whatever reason to humiliate the players.
That is not good coaching- it is absolutely horrible.
Coaching is getting you players to play 100% all the time which is not easy
Screaming at, humiliating or intimidating players never works- players play scared.
the x and o are the easy part of coaching
Some not all of the players were absolutely humiliated by walking out in their under wear
It could - not saying it will- have lasting effect on team
Time will tell
Measuring a coach by his wins is not always the best indicator of his coaching ability- Talent can make up for a lot of bad coaching decisions and Syosset has a lot of talent.
That was an absolute horrible coaching decision and in most towns he would not be coaching anymore

45+ players wearing t-shirts to school yesterday supporting there coach and 45+ players at a last minute emergency board meeting last night in support with many speaking in support of their coach - clearly the majority of the players on the team support the coach and clearly were not humiliated.

FYI poster, I'm sure that none of the boys who preferred NOT to wear shirts were not pressured into wearing them in fear of being harrassed. Guess the coach has taught the first string players well and they follow his lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way JC should be suspend, fired or anything over what happened, it is all about crying parents and pampered kids whose moms still wipe the kids behinds. Great coach who is very well respected among other coach's and college coach's. What a joke these parents are.

How many NYS championships does this great coach have? Zero...despite pretty good talent. He's a mediocre coach at best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quotes...

A coach will impact more young players in a year the the average person does in a lifetime.

OUR COACH:
Leads by Example
Dedicated and Determined
Teaches Teamwork
Motivates and Listens
Builds Character
Challenges and Develops
Committed to Our TEAM
Our Biggest Fan

A good coach will make his players see what they can be, rather than what they are. -Ara Parasheghian

Where can my team find a coach like this? Our coach takes away confidence, warms up the whole team and only practices his 10 main kids. Doesn t acknowledge the remaining 20+ kids, picks favorites, plays favorites when it is not benefitting the team, doesn't play Seniors on senior day - even when up by 6+, has boys quit every year, doesn't sub, can't sub because the remaining 20+ on the side line don't get to practice the 2 plays or zones taught to the 10 starters, if we have a close game he says the boys played flat or the ref made bad calls.... and the funny thing - if he reads the "Our Coach" he would believe it was writtten about him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way he should be suspending- are you kidding me!!!!
He did that for whatever reason to humiliate the players.
That is not good coaching- it is absolutely horrible.
Coaching is getting you players to play 100% all the time which is not easy
Screaming at, humiliating or intimidating players never works- players play scared.
the x and o are the easy part of coaching
Some not all of the players were absolutely humiliated by walking out in their under wear
It could - not saying it will- have lasting effect on team
Time will tell
Measuring a coach by his wins is not always the best indicator of his coaching ability- Talent can make up for a lot of bad coaching decisions and Syosset has a lot of talent.
That was an absolute horrible coaching decision and in most towns he would not be coaching anymore

45+ players wearing t-shirts to school yesterday supporting there coach and 45+ players at a last minute emergency board meeting last night in support with many speaking in support of their coach - clearly the majority of the players on the team support the coach and clearly were not humiliated.

FYI poster, I'm sure that none of the boys who preferred NOT to wear shirts were not pressured into wearing them in fear of being harrassed. Guess the coach has taught the first string players well and they follow his lead.

FYI replier - the post clearly wrote 45+ and the majority, and did not write all - no need to read between the lines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the first string players "pressured" the other kids to where their shirts in support of the coach?

The first string players were organized enough to make calls to the "weaker players" saying "wear your shirt to support the coach or else", your intimidation, but this well-organized proactive kids cant be held responsible for not bringing an extra pair of pants and thus having to walk around in their underwear. Got it.

Lady, and you must be a lady, really need a bite out of a reality sandwich.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the kids know the type of parents that would [lacrosse] and moan over something like this, and they are embarrassed so they decided to support the coach against a bunch of wussified parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa parent here... Enough already. I am glad for Coach and his team. Now we can have a rematch in playoffs hopefully with no BS excuses. Good for Syosset and their team and their coaching staff. NEW SUBJECT PLEASE

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So he should be fired because Syosset hasn't won a NYS Championship? Really? What makes you write such dribble?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa parent here... Enough already. I am glad for Coach and his team. Now we can have a rematch in playoffs hopefully with no BS excuses. Good for Syosset and their team and their coaching staff. NEW SUBJECT PLEASE

Coach is back as of a few minutes ago. Who has had to make excuses? We beat you last year badly in playoffs, we beat you the other day.... don't worry about us Pequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So he should be fired because Syosset hasn't won a NYS Championship? Really? What makes you write such dribble?

Because some parents are morons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach is back as of a few minutes ago. Who has had to make excuses? We beat you last year badly in playoffs, we beat you the other day.... don't worry about us Pequa

Meaning... Let's keep the playing field all even. No excuses if Syosset (incredible as it may be) loses along the way. I'm on your side Brother. Good luck rest of the season and we would love to play again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meaning... Let's keep the playing field all even. No excuses if Syosset (incredible as it may be) loses along the way. I'm on your side Brother. Good luck rest of the season and we would love to play again.

Nice to hear. My bad, assumed it was a typical nasty BOTC poster, celebrating a team's misfortune. Thanks and best of luck to you for the rest of the season. Would think we'll see you again in the playoffs. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope he brought something to wear to the game today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope he brought something to wear to the game today.

If they lose to Port, they should walk around in their Birthday suits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow - refreshing to be talking about lacrosse and not who lives in a nicer neighborhood or which coach should be suspended for making someone walk outside in his underwear! No clear powerhouse this year unless SME figures out how to stop their opponent from putting up double-digits. If that happens - no contest. I think you see a rematch of last night's game in the finals - WI vs Quot. still a little shaky on Quot, but they have a football, blue collar mentality - very tough and athletic. And while they only win by 1, they have at least been consistent. WM too young and very inconsistent, they are probably a couple of years off. SMW is dangerous but a little inconsistent as well.
My Two Cents
good luck everyone. its been a fun ride
WOW still a Powerhouse !
West Islip over Connetquot 10-9 OT.

Suffolk is a ton of fun this year-

WI
Quot
SME
SMW
WM
hhe
hhw
comack
huntington
nport
whitman
sachem N
bayshore
riverhead...

Almost any one of these can beat any other on any day. Ok, maybe not bayshore and riverhead, but the rest can all play and most oif this list will be in playoffs.

anyone care to pick the teams that make it to stonybrook for Suffolk championship? a little light fun on a rainy miserable Friday-no seedings yet-still a few games to play-so just take a shot

mine-

SME v WM -repeat of last year

Riverhead may surprise - but my pick is SE vs WI

Most years I would say there are one or two teams that have an over abundance of athletes and talent. Not this year . I think it will come down to coaching and if that is the case you will see West Islip and Smithtown East in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a show of support I think all the Syosett parents should wear their underwear to the game today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They couldn't beat CSH a small school..enough said . There is only one top team pound for pound and that is CSH ...Ok give LV some credit but they haven't played any tough teams yet in or out of conference

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a show of support I think all the Syosett parents should wear their underwear to the game today.

Lmao. I read this site for the humor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow - refreshing to be talking about lacrosse and not who lives in a nicer neighborhood or which coach should be suspended for making someone walk outside in his underwear! No clear powerhouse this year unless SME figures out how to stop their opponent from putting up double-digits. If that happens - no contest. I think you see a rematch of last night's game in the finals - WI vs Quot. still a little shaky on Quot, but they have a football, blue collar mentality - very tough and athletic. And while they only win by 1, they have at least been consistent. WM too young and very inconsistent, they are probably a couple of years off. SMW is dangerous but a little inconsistent as well.
My Two Cents
good luck everyone. its been a fun ride
WOW still a Powerhouse !
West Islip over Connetquot 10-9 OT.

Suffolk is a ton of fun this year-

WI
Quot
SME
SMW
WM
hhe
hhw
comack
huntington
nport
whitman
sachem N
bayshore
riverhead...

Almost any one of these can beat any other on any day. Ok, maybe not bayshore and riverhead, but the rest can all play and most oif this list will be in playoffs.

anyone care to pick the teams that make it to stonybrook for Suffolk championship? a little light fun on a rainy miserable Friday-no seedings yet-still a few games to play-so just take a shot

mine-

SME v WM -repeat of last year

Riverhead may surprise - but my pick is SE vs WI

Most years I would say there are one or two teams that have an over abundance of athletes and talent. Not this year . I think it will come down to coaching and if that is the case you will see West Islip and Smithtown East in the finals.

West Islip has been living dangerously last 4 games and it is not easy to sustain. They got destroyed by SE the last two times they have played. WI does not have the face off or defensive units to hang with SE and its a nightmare matchup for them. WM is too young and I dont see Quot as a real threat so its gonna be SE coming out of Suffolk again. Good season all around in Suffolk A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa beat CSH soundly by at least 4 goals in preseason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams make the playoffs in Suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Locust Valley beats CSH 11-8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lmao. I read this site for the humor

Agreed.... very funny. They need to get a "Like" button on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CHS Downef by the Valley! Northport beats SMITHTOWN West. Love this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Pequa do ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa 10 Farmingdale 9mwEr3R

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much for the CSH power house. It looks like LV will finish the season undefeated and should move way up in national rankings..Good for them and well deserved, these kids are studs that look like they won't be stopped. CSH looked like deer in headlights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the dalers on their way back. Nice to see. All this talk of pequa and Syosset lately, historically neither can compare to farmingdale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No matter how good Pequa is or how easy farmingdale schedule was , that usually is a good game. As it was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH Score was 9-10. Very impressed with LV. Quick attack man and their execution in the clearing game was fantastic. Well scouted. They pushed while csh subbed and converted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH Score was 9-10. Very impressed with LV. Quick attack man and their execution in the clearing game was fantastic. Well scouted. They pushed while csh subbed and converted.

It seems with all the talk about Mass farm Syosset the two top teams are in the lower conference ..so enough with all the talk and realize the best teams are in the conference below you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much for the CSH power house. It looks like LV will finish the season undefeated and should move way up in national rankings..Good for them and well deserved, these kids are studs that look like they won't be stopped. CSH looked like deer in headlights.

Studs vs Deer in headlights?

One goal game!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One goal game!!

Final score was 11-8 but yeah deer in the headlights is a little much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One goal game!!

A one goal game that CSH did not expect. That's the shocking part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One goal game!!

If you're not a winner......you're a loser! No second place trophies in this house! Only one thing to do....GO BACK TO WORK!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One goal game!!

If you're not a winner......you're a loser! No second place trophies in this house! Only one thing to do....GO BACK TO WORK!

Thanks Knute Rockne, I can start my day now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome effort by St Doms yesterday vs. St Anthonys. Was 7-5 at half. Final was 11-7.

Page 44 of 77 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard