BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No commack dad commented anything on this site. Stop stirring pot. Its getting old.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uhhh, how do you know?
Are you from commack? If so, someone from commack just posted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a competitive bracket for syosett tourney..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rvc and manhasset, very good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I'm from RVC and thanks for the props, but I have no idea if the boys are any good. I just hope they have fun! Good luck to all!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm from RVC and thanks for the props, but I have no idea if the boys are any good. I just hope they have fun! Good luck to all!

Don't all the good RVC kids play on Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, buying their way into "heaven", I mean Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they do, express Coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you really mean St Anthony's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you really mean St Anthony's

Anybody can get into St.A's

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious - if a Sachem Lacrosse Mom and Dad get divorced - would they still be brother and sister?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they would
Hater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your lack of intellect is crystal clear.you have nothing intelligent to say so you must resort to nonsense. Commack dad get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear JS and his 2025 YJ girls team dominated the 2024 division of the Stonybrook tourney. You 91 parents might want to put on your lipstick before you kiss him goodbye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear JS and his 2025 YJ girls team dominated the 2024 division of the Stonybrook tourney. You 91 parents might want to put on your lipstick before you kiss him goodbye.

The bigger question might be...why did he abandon his own 91 brand who have girls teams at that age? Guess he must think 91 girls suck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bigger question might be...why did he abandon his own 91 brand who have girls teams at that age? Guess he must think 91 girls suck!

Valid point. It's very likely that 91 can't field a team at that age. YJ has the girls side locked up though, no doubt. It's the right play by him. Most of his SB team are YJ's. The writing is in the wall for that 91 team though. They won't see him till tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More [lacrosse] stirring. We see JS every week at practices. How he does it all I dont know but he gives the team His full focus at practice and tournaments. His daughter plays boys lax which is probably why she kills it with the girls. Same thing with the goalie. Can't see that changing any time soon. Maybe when they start putting on lipstick lol. Don't hold your breath, they don't seem like the lipstick types.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More [lacrosse] stirring. We see JS every week at practices. How he does it all I dont know but he gives the team His full focus at practice and tournaments. His daughter plays boys lax which is probably why she kills it with the girls. Same thing with the goalie. Can't see that changing any time soon. Maybe when they start putting on lipstick lol. Don't hold your breath, they don't seem like the lipstick types.

You don't even believe what you just wrote. But it's ok, no one else does either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not take the bait. Coach hasn't missed a practice. Sounds like sachems dads getting worried as they should. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not take the bait. Coach hasn't missed a practice. Sounds like sachems dads getting worried as they should. Lol

He's angry his boy used as his lipstick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shhhhhhh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're saying that dads with kids on Sachem's town team should be worried that the top 91 might be able to beat them this year? That's the angle you're going with? If I were JS and my team couldn't beat town teams I might head for the hills too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack dads...yes all 3 of you. Why on earth do you give a s- what people say or think if JS is actually coaching your sons? Enjoy getting top notch coaching for your boy and stop the insanity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going forward, coaching is more than making your kid practice btb 3 hours a day, and then positioning them in the crease the entire game. This won't fly in HS, will be laid out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is 91's top team on the grade level so either the team wins or there will be changes. With that being said, my son's team played them at Shamrock and I think that they will win a lot more than they lose this year and anyone that thinks differently is nuts. Granted, they will still swap out the bottom 3rd of the team every year for the next few years until they find the right mix of players, but they will always be a good team. What I would be concerned about if I were a parent on the team is playing time. The 2024-2020 A teams have a history of riding their best player and letting the rest watch. Is that what you think is best for the development of your son (and/or daughter, in this case)? That's the call the parents have to make. It's awesome to tell people that your kid plays for 91 Orange, but is it really worth it if he rides the bench or is the number 5-8 middie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going forward, coaching is more than making your kid practice btb 3 hours a day, and then positioning them in the crease the entire game. This won't fly in HS, will be laid out!

Will be laid out- What a dumbthing to write. yea because there is so much hitting now in lacrosse. your post really has no bearing on the conversation either. Your def one of the dads thta just yell"hit him"!! the entire game. Skills will almost always prevail.
Get a grip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how to present a topic of conversation that has been discussed so many times on so many levels but call it an epiphany I finally see the light that is PAL lacrosse and how much of a joke they make of it.
Preach all you want about coaches volunteering time, blah blah blah. I know nothing about the game but I will volunteer if it means my son will play over 80% of the time at a position he is not comfortable with at this stage of his ability.
PAL rule, no child in first or second grade will be allowed to play up, false, if you are a coaches son.
Negativity surrounds the bench, parents always putting the good players down.
Don't tell me it's about the kids when it is clear as day that you have blinders on because you can't coach a practice while looking at your phone for most of it.
Lead by example or move over for someone that will.
Put your ego on hold and do the "right thing" for the kids.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS. NOT KID!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how to present a topic of conversation that has been discussed so many times on so many levels but call it an epiphany I finally see the light that is PAL lacrosse and how much of a joke they make of it.
Preach all you want about coaches volunteering time, blah blah blah. I know nothing about the game but I will volunteer if it means my son will play over 80% of the time at a position he is not comfortable with at this stage of his ability.
PAL rule, no child in first or second grade will be allowed to play up, false, if you are a coaches son.
Don't tell me it's about the kids when it is clear as day that you have blinders on because you can't coach a practice while looking at your phone for most of it.

Don't know what Town you are in, but I am plenty happy (and more importantly my kid is happy) with our PAL. And honestly all of the kids are learning positions, so why would the be comfortable? Sounds like you need to focus on working with your kid. No disrespect intended, but if you spend 15 minutes over two or three days going over what he is uncomfortable with, it would go a long way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are playing in NCPAL all you have to do is contact the President Mike Nelson mikenelson1021@gmail.com and report the coach and it will be stopped. It is a safety issue absolutely no 2nd grader boys or girls is allowed to play up in the 3rd grade division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know what Town you are in, but I am plenty happy (and more importantly my kid is happy) with our PAL. And honestly all of the kids are learning positions, so why would the be comfortable? Sounds like you need to focus on working with your kid. No disrespect intended, but if you spend 15 minutes over two or three days going over what he is uncomfortable with, it would go a long way.

The above is spot on. You have been up front and said you don't know the game, which is fine. There are still ways that you can work with your son. After his next practice, approach his coach and ask for a couple of simple drills that you can do at home. There are tons that he can do in his own, or with your help. If you can't catch and throw, grab a baseball glove and throw with your arm and have your son use his stick.

For 3rd grade, don't get caught up with who coach keeps where. These are 8 year old kids....some are more advanced, physically and within the game. Puberty will hit in a few years and change everything. Work on skills right now and it will pay off.
Catch, cradle and throw both right and left
Get him used to getting low for grounders
Understanding positioning and where to be and when
Etc

Skill work now will translate to stronger play in 5th/6th grade and beyond. Coach won't be able to take your boy off the field.

Good luck to him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must play for Sayville, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a great idea however somehow I don't think that will work!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville has that issue too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great advice but I think the point is that there is a player in 2 nd grade playing up on a 3 rd grade team which according to Nassau county PAL rules is not allowed. He happens to be a coach's son. He plays 80% even though his ability does not warrant such play time and he shouldn't be there anyway since he's not a 3 rd grader. So if that parent volunteers does it mean his 3rd grader will now get a lot of play time. The rules also state equal play time. Unless there is only 12-13 kids on a team 80% is too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great advice but I think the point is that there is a player in 2 nd grade playing up on a 3 rd grade team which according to Nassau county PAL rules is not allowed. He happens to be a coach's son. He plays 80% even though his ability does not warrant such play time and he shouldn't be there anyway since he's not a 3 rd grader. So if that parent volunteers does it mean his 3rd grader will now get a lot of play time. The rules also state equal play time. Unless there is only 12-13 kids on a team 80% is too much.

You can't just come on here and expect something to be done about it. Reach out to NCPAL or call your director of boys in your town and repair it. The coach will probably be suspended if it is his son and he is clearly breaking a major rule in the second grade division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe this is one of the rare instances when a child was held back academically but plays lax on age level? Kudos to him if that's the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville has that issue too?

Just a coach that plays his kid the whole game while others ride the bench for 3/4's of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He wasn't successful with the orange team or the ducks or his sayville team.maybe time to look for a better coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He wasn't successful with the orange team or the ducks or his sayville team.maybe time to look for a better coach

He's obnoxious. There's a big difference between coaching varsity and coaching 8 year olds. He's terrible with the young kids. Terrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's obnoxious. There's a big difference between coaching varsity and coaching 8 year olds. He's terrible with the young kids. Terrible.

He's not that much better with varsity kids either!! He has been lucky to get a lot of good players come thru his high school. Stud players help coaching all the time.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard