BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 97 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost 2 All Americans including Sec 1 All Time leading scorer, a lock down D1 defensemen, most of their scoring save for 1 Jr Mid (UNC) and also lost another Jr D1 Pole to privates.

Very good FOGO, strong in net and good LSM will keep them in games and have a couple of mids but green on attack and D poles.

time will tell...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lost 2 All Americans including Sec 1 All Time leading scorer, a lock down D1 defensemen, most of their scoring save for 1 Jr Mid (UNC) and also lost another Jr D1 Pole to privates.

Very good FOGO, strong in net and good LSM will keep them in games and have a couple of mids but green on attack and D poles.

time will tell...

Yorktown also lost a ton of talent from the offense to graduation. Bronxville and Ytown meet up later in the season so we'll see where they shake out. I still think this could be John Jay's year to knock off Ytown. Do tryouts end tomorrow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

time will tell...

Yorktown also lost a ton of talent from the offense to graduation. Bronxville and Ytown meet up later in the season so we'll see where they shake out. I still think this could be John Jay's year to knock off Ytown. Do tryouts end tomorrow?

Tryouts are done chief, the team is picked. I guess we'll see if JJ is prepared to take the title belt from the champs. Huskers will be ready for the challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse adopting age based bracketing of youth leagues. How will we be able to verify the DOB of kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upload a copy of the birth certificate right in your account on the US Lacrosse website. I did it yesterday for my son and got a confirmation email within a few hours. The email said the documentation has been approved and does not expire. It also said the documentation I submitted will be securely deleted.
US Lacrosse adopting age based bracketing of youth leagues. How will we be able to verify the DOB of kids?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upload a copy of the birth certificate right in your account on the US Lacrosse website. I did it yesterday for my son and got a confirmation email within a few hours. The email said the documentation has been approved and does not expire. It also said the documentation I submitted will be securely deleted.

I just renewed by sons subscription and was not asked to upload a birth certificate. Will this be required for Spring 2017?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the Yorktown Husker team heading down to Maryland to play St. Mary's!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always good to see Westchester team do well out of County. Good luck Y town!

Scrimmage results were interesting over the weekend. Could see some competitive games with more parity this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First game of the season in HV. Arlington -12 Put.Valley -2. Tough times for PV without Kuczma.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First game of the season in HV. Arlington -12 Put.Valley -2. Tough times for PV without Kuczma.

Starts with youth program... How long has Brian been out of Pv hs and youth. Give it time they will be back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always good to see Westchester team do well out of County. Good luck Y town!

Scrimmage results were interesting over the weekend. Could see some competitive games with more parity this season.

Is anyone streaming the Yorktown vs MD game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my opinion here but have been playing with Roy and the SS program for a couple of years. He's been great and my kids have enjoyed playing there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown 2-0 versus out of state competition. Good showing boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to Primetime & Eclipse for making it to Denver in the WSYL. They both had good days at the Regionals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darien 12 Yorktown 3. WOW!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They must be taking more than 4 teams from the North if Primetime is going to the WSYL. They were third in their bracket and Eclipse was second in the other bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They must be taking more than 4 teams from the North if Primetime is going to the WSYL. They were third in their bracket and Eclipse was second in the other bracket.
More teams more money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town has a great D but thin in middle and inexperienced at Attack. They will be fine in Sec 1 but could not run with the athletes from the Blue Wave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to Primetime & Eclipse for making it to Denver in the WSYL. They both had good days at the Regionals.

primetime doesn't belong. they got beat up pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

primetime doesn't belong. they got beat up pretty good.
They only had a few indoor practices, and at least they showed up with only their 2021 team as opposed to a couple of LI teams bringing 2020 age eligible players. An early spring qualifer really only benefits the so called 360 teams. I'm not saying they 'belong' with '91, Legacy or Black Ice, but congratulations to the PT 7th graders who get to go to Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown over a much weaker Bronxville team from 2015. Yorktown still having some offensive issues (finishing) but the off-ball movement was improved from other game I saw. Bronxville needs better flow to the O, Quick middies can cause slides, but the other kids need to get open before slide reaches dodging middie. Yorktown, the motion offense looked good and the defense was lights out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AFter Darien, Bronxville's D must have been a sight for sore eyes. They pack it in a zone and rely on goalie, forcing off ball movement and good passing.
Mids can alley dodge but good sliding teams and double poling the mids will cause them problems. Attack cannot break down better Dmen, more of a cutter O.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT had a much harder bracket than Eclipse. Eclipse was lucky to get 2nd place should of lost to a small Icon team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown vs John Jay Thursday is a big game. Two very young teams that are trying to find some flow on offense. Yorktown needs to minimize the turnovers and John Jay needs to control between the restraining boxes. Whoever scores the most unsettled goals will win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT had a much harder bracket than Eclipse. Eclipse was lucky to get 2nd place should of lost to a small Icon team.

How is the 2020 Predator team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid.

Predators, PrimeTime, and 3d Tri-State 2020's are all evenly matched based on fall tourney play. Not much more than 2 goals separate any of them. All have strengths and weaknesses.

Express North and Eclipse are unknowns having either not played or played in weaker tourneys/brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid.

Predators, PrimeTime, and 3d Tri-State 2020's are all evenly matched based on fall tourney play. Not much more than 2 goals separate any of them. All have strengths and weaknesses.

Express North and Eclipse are unknowns having either not played or played in weaker tourneys/brackets.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
john jay imploded last night 3rd quarter up 5-1 - threw away their game plan , got cocky and Yorktown put 5 goals in the net 3rd quarter- have to blame the coaches for that one -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
john jay imploded last night 3rd quarter up 5-1 - threw away their game plan , got cocky and Yorktown put 5 goals in the net 3rd quarter- have to blame the coaches for that one -

Neither team is going anywhere this year. Yorktown has no real offense, I'm really not sure what they run? JJ doesn't have a deep enough team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true that both teams have room for improvement.

having said that - odds are one will win the section and then be difficult to beat thereafter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown gave up a 3 goal lead over Ridgefield with 3 minutes to play. Three turnovers on odd calls doomed them. They need to clean up their play, finish around the goal and get something going on offense overall to go anywhere this season. Defense looked good but they seemed to be out of position at times and overall aggressive. Some slides were unnecessary. Goalie played great again. Young team, time to pick up overall play to contend.

Ridgefield has some crafty players with quick feet that can finish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade made Yorktown look like Putnam Valley. Sloppy, bad decisions, trouble clearing. Some kids look lost on offense.

Maybe try something new on offense, what they run (?) doesn't seem to be working with this group.

Chaminade has 2-3 standouts, maybe. Shocking for a school that recruits kids form all over LI. Outstanding goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade made Yorktown look like Putnam Valley. Sloppy, bad decisions, trouble clearing. Some kids look lost on offense.

Maybe try something new on offense, what they run (?) doesn't seem to be working with this group.

Chaminade has 2-3 standouts, maybe. Shocking for a school that recruits kids form all over LI. Outstanding goalie.

Thanks Goalie Dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester lax is a mess. Can you really say who is good in A they play all B and C schools. Is this a power conference set up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class A has never been the cream of the crop for section 1 (or Westchester) lacrosse. A, B and C are dictated soley by size of school. Some strong teams in Class A (Fox Lane, Lakeland Panas, Mamaroneck) and some very weak teams (New Rochelle, Clarkstown). Class B has always been the strongest (Yorktown, John Jay, Somers, Rye) and Class C has been very good recently (Bronxville and Pleasantville). Lots of parity in Westchester this year. Good to see some upsets and the better teams playing each other (regardless of size) and competing out of section. Should be fun Section 1 playoffs for all classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
play most of your games in your division (A,B,C). If you want to go out of the division you should play the better teams like Yorktown, JJ, Pleasantville, Somers, Fox Lane, L/P. It would be a shame if you make the playoffs after beating up on the weak sisters of each division. IE: Mahopac plays a very hard schedule and they have a losing record. A team from Dutchess County plays a much easier schedule and they are undefeated. Those teams play Thursday and if Pac wins what does that tell us. I don't know, it is a little strange that division foes have such different schedules.
"Just a thought"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scheduling out of conference is determined by the coach, so weak or strong is a choice.

Some big games this week including Yorktown vs Fox Lane tomorrow and the Charlie Murphy Cup Lakeland vs Yorktown on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown goalie could be the best in the area. Makes tough saves, very strong on low shots. I assume he also plays hockey. Lakeland v Yorktown should be a good game but I think Lakeland is over rated. Who have they played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown goalie could be the best in the area. Makes tough saves, very strong on low shots. I assume he also plays hockey. Lakeland v Yorktown should be a good game but I think Lakeland is over rated. Who have they played?

both Lakeland(Panas) and Yorktown are overrated. Love the two school combined motto, not! All three schools should be B schools playing each other. Imagine if two LI High schools combined as one team. Smithtown East + West or Sachem East + North. (oh wait there is Middle country Newfield and Centerreach no excuse at close to 1200 kids in each school)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

both Lakeland(Panas) and Yorktown are overrated. Love the two school combined motto, not! All three schools should be B schools playing each other. Imagine if two LI High schools combined as one team. Smithtown East + West or Sachem East + North. (oh wait there is Middle country Newfield and Centerreach no excuse at close to 1200 kids in each school)

Lakeland was exposed over the weekend. Yorktown may not have a dynamic offense but Lakeland is stunted. They have a dominant long stick FOGO (actually drops down to play D) that allows them to control the time of possession, eventually you will score. It was a very entertaining game charged with emotion. Yorktown goalie was rock solid again, using every part of his body to make saves. Defense was suffocating at times. My little guys have really grown to love watching them play.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 97 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard