BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 with a big come back win today over MadLax. Go win for a good team. MadLax is a team none will want to face in playoffs

Too bad madlax won't make the playoffs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax parents need to be smarter.

If your kid is being recruited to play for another program you may want to ask why?

Is it that they think my son is good and they need him? OR
Is it that they want to weaken a team they have never been able to beat?

Sad when you think your child is needed on the other team and your son barely plays now. (After being a starter and having a big role on the other team)

Sad when he finally does get in the game he looks pretty mediocre and shows no growth.

Pick wisely. The grass isn't always greener.

Parents have to remember that these big programs that carry a lot of kids do so to make money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is being recruited to play for another program you may want to ask why?

Sad when you think your child is needed on the other team and your son barely plays now. (After being a starter and having a big role on the other team)

Sad when he finally does get in the game he looks pretty mediocre and shows no growth.

Parents have to remember that these big programs that carry a lot of kids do so to make money.

Lax parents need to be less clueless.

If a kid leaves your team to play for another team, you might want to ask why.

What exactly is considered a "big program?" A full roster? The ability to sub?

PSA: if you want to rebuild a fledgling program, you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Sometimes the grass is greener.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PSA: if you want to rebuild a fledgling program, you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

So your looking for honey?

Didn't realize the parents wanted their son to be subbed out of the games. Not what they demonstrated in the past. Unfortunately now he is the hardly used sub.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Statement from one of the recruited to weaken another team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love the big programs only want money statement. Yes the big clubs are more for and about money. But guess what you do get what you pay for is 99% of the cases. Yes most of the top clubs skim and charge 400 to 600 more then they really need to. But these clubs have the pull to play in the top tournaments and also to make sure your son if good enough or really if he is not good enough to get them into these top showcases. I have friends with 2019 kids on the cheap clubs and on the big money clubs. And the kids on the big money club have the pick of the litter when it comes to showcases and college camp days. We can agree these are/might be money grabs but you have the option when you play for a big club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the cannons team more kids leaving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love the big programs only want money statement. Yes the big clubs are more for and about money. But guess what you do get what you pay for is 99% of the cases. Yes most of the top clubs skim and charge 400 to 600 more then they really need to. But these clubs have the pull to play in the top tournaments and also to make sure your son if good enough or really if he is not good enough to get them into these top showcases. I have friends with 2019 kids on the cheap clubs and on the big money clubs. And the kids on the big money club have the pick of the litter when it comes to showcases and college camp days. We can agree these are/might be money grabs but you have the option when you play for a big club.

Showcases and day camps? You talking about prospect camps?

Those invites have nothing to do with your club team. Most are money grabs too. All players recieve those invites. Some are actually getting a legit look others are used as filler players so the ones that are really there for a look have someone to play against.

What do you think is the likelihood that a recruiter will see your son play when there are multiple games being played at the same time at these tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gonna be alot of college recruiters at the 12 year olds game. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those invites have nothing to do with your club team. Most are money grabs too. All players recieve those invites. Some are actually getting a legit look others are used as filler players so the ones that are really there for a look have someone to play against.

What do you think is the likelihood that a recruiter will see your son play when there are multiple games being played at the same time at these tournaments?

No offense, but you're off the mark here. This person above is just bitter grapes. When the season ends, and your team loses players like a stab victim loses blood, take a look at the coaches and families on your team. There's your problem. Nobody wants to spend a year in a sea of negativity and in-fighting. Just isn't worth it no matter whether you're always winning or the kid is a starter. NO FUN.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure these recruiters that come out to the 12 year old games are going to find a player that is on the sideline. He may need to actually be seen playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the younger kids, coaching, amount of practice time, and effectiveness of practice time is by far the most important aspect of any club.

For the older kids in high school, 8th grade, and even some in 7th grade, the club and coach contacts with high schools and colleges become more important.

My 2 cents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hoping the NCAA steps in a limits this stuff until junior year....and I have already gone through this with my 2 older older kids who play for top D1 schools (academics/lacrosse).Hoping that my younger son can just focus on his game when he is in 8th grade instead of trying to impress college coaches...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hoping the NCAA steps in a limits this stuff until junior year....and I have already gone through this with my 2 older older kids who play for top D1 schools (academics/lacrosse).Hoping that my younger son can just focus on his game when he is in 8th grade instead of trying to impress college coaches...
Ha good one....just checked this on snopes and it says your a big fat liar.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah our family has gone through this as well with our 3 boys....Yale, Penn, Princeton...Please stop calling our 8th grader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha but don't forget about the LI 8th grader who committed to PSU earlier this year....only 2 years away for our 2022s!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's funny is a verbal commitment means nothing ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, but bad form for the school to break it--word gets around and the next crop of recruits may think twice about committing...schools now are more subtle: will tell a senior before signing day that he or she may want to reconsider attending because playing time looks dim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, but bad form for the school to break it--word gets around and the next crop of recruits may think twice about committing...schools now are more subtle: will tell a senior before signing day that he or she may want to reconsider attending because playing time looks dim.

Also, verbals are just something for the headlines. Essentially, the school is saying that they want you; however, certain criteria must be met before any actual commitment. GPA and SAT scores, for instance, must be of a certain level. As does the continued growth in ability on the field as well as endeavors off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will stay undefeated this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did hoco schedule change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach from team 91 won't play rough riders because his son got hit. So they change the schedule for him. Diamondbacks play rough riders and team 91 plays cannons... What a Baby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. Check the old schedule and you will find your answer if you have been around these teams for the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach from team 91 won't play rough riders because his son got hit. So they change the schedule for him. Diamondbacks play rough riders and team 91 plays cannons... What a Baby

Not true. Roughriders v Hawks has been on the schedule for 5/6 since the beginning. Stop stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Roughriders v Hawks has been on the schedule for 5/6 since the beginning. Stop stirring the pot.

Roughriders vs Hawks is tonight. No is stirring the pot. 91 was supposed to play Roughriders Saturday. They refuse to play each other so now 91 plays Cannons and Roughriders plays D-Backs. Just like the posters said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roughriders vs Hawks is tonight. No is stirring the pot. 91 was supposed to play Roughriders Saturday. They refuse to play each other so now 91 plays Cannons and Roughriders plays D-Backs. Just like the posters said.

What happens if they have to play each other in playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The current rules in Hoco and the way they are applied by the refs are not designed to protect YOUTH players. Wish all coaches would do a bit more to keep the kids safe or challenge the status quo a bit. Maybe we would not have teams of holdbacks at the 2021 and 2020 level despite the rules; maybe fogos would not be flying in from Florida to participate in only some games despite playing for a high school team in Florida which is also against the hoco rules that are ignored. There may be better ways of handling this particular issue but any kind of criticism or request for rule enforcement or greater ref awareness goes unanswered in hoco and it is a coach' first priority to protect their players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So which it... "They refuse to play one another" or the coach refuses to play which is the earlier accusation? Sounds like maybe it was warranted if Hoco changed the schedule for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens if they have to play each other in playoffs?

RoughRiders gag on it so they aren't in any playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 9D1 takes out the Crabs. Only Dbacks and Hawks left undefeated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought Hawks beat dbacks pretty badly a few weeks ago?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Crabs 2022 goes down to team 91 Comical how the Crabs parents think their bigger, older, kids should be allowed to use their size for illegal cross checks, pushes, checks to the head, slashes to the back and legs, etc. without being penalized.

What do expect when a crab parent loses? This person probably never played the game just like his club director and is going to take pot shots at people who know the game and thr way it should be played. God forbid anyone wants to keep kids safe and to teach them to rely on skill and finesse instead of hitting. But crabs knows nothing but bigger and stronger and older so would not expect them to understand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did in the MPLL and they will do it again in the HOCO playoffs. Dbacks are not the team they used to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did in the MPLL and they will do it again in the HOCO playoffs. Dbacks are not the team they used to be.

Wrong DBacks same team as always Hawks are a different team added 4 cannons players and 3 holdback players. Plus 2 kids from OC and 2 from Baltimore. Plus a coach for every kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong DBacks same team as always Hawks are a different team added 4 cannons players and 3 holdback players. Plus 2 kids from OC and 2 from Baltimore. Plus a coach for every kid.

Dbacks players leaving to go play elsewhere because of dbag coaches and daddy ball. Next year they will be a b level team at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not one thing here is true. My son's friend is on that team. This is complete fabrication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that statement about the Hawks is a flat out lie. Funny how half the the Dbacks go to school or play other sports with the hawks players .. same rosters with 4 total new kids and 1 coach.
telling lies on here won't make it better for you next time they meet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Win , Crabs did not look like an undefeated team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that statement about the Hawks is a flat out lie. Funny how half the the Dbacks go to school or play other sports with the hawks players .. same rosters with 4 total new kids and 1 coach.
telling lies on here won't make it better for you next time they meet.

I bet half of that dbacks team shows up at hawks tryouts in August.

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard