BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 77 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, maybe the coach should wipe their bottoms too.

Anything else you would like the coach to cater to your child's needs on?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son on the team. I did not know anything about this till last night so I asked him what happened last week. He told me JC did not take uniforms away as punishment. These specific uniforms are distributed before the game and collected after the game whenever they are used. The kids know this ahead of time. Some kids did not have something to change into after they got back to school. I asked my son what did he wear home and he said sweats that he kept in his locker. He also told me some of the boys thought it would be funny to go home in their UW and others were just lazy and did not want to change. The point is that it was not done to punish or humiliate. The uniforms were collected inside the school after they got off bus. They did not ride home in their UW. They were not paraded around or shamed, however there are some parents, like every district on LI, who have an axe to grind who made a complaint. Error in judgment by the coach. Yes probably, but to be fired over it seems extreme. You have to remember that these kids are on the verge of becoming young men. We ask these coaches to help guide them into young adulthood. I do not think the coach should have to remind them like they are in 2nd grade to bring a post game change of clothes. BTW my son is not a starter so with or without JC in Syosset I have nothing to gain or lose by writing this. I do know it is the boys who have worked hard this year who will suffer if he is removed over a mistake being blown entirely out of proportion.

So, if the uniforms are distributed before the game and collected after the game, all players should have worn street clothes to school, correct. Do you see where you went wrong in trying defend a coach who was in the wrong. This isn't the first time, if fact, there have been several complaints over the years about this coach both berating and humiliating players in front of others. The coach should do as most of us were raised, I emphasize 'most', if you would be offended if your child would be treated this manner, don't treat others in the same way. Think before you act!

the kids had the uniforms and wore them to the school that day (it was a vacation day) and some, repeat SOME kids either did not have extra clothes and did not to borrow from a team mate - this was not done to humiliate or punish them.....now you can move on to other topics

but that is not what was stated, RTFP! "These specific uniforms are distributed before the game and collected after the game whenever they are used." now let's move on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half these kids have done their college applications, and you want the COACH to remind them because of a break they might not have a change of clothes?

are you serious? cant the mom's and dad's figure that out?

jesus, you people are ridiculous. Take some personal responsibility for your kids.

AMEN TO THAT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by America's Game
How is the coach in the wrong. The uniforms are distributed as usual before and after games. So it's now the coaches fault that the High School aged boys forgot their cloths to change into. Come on. Stop being so sensitive.

Sensitive???? So kids should go home in their underwear????? How about this "adult", when realizing that some kids didn't have a change of clothes, told them "OK, take the unis home but bring them back at the next practice or I'm running you all day. You forget the uni, you're running". That's how it should have been handled, not tough, you're going home in your skivvies. Sensitive? Unreal.

As someone in the know said kids decided on their own to not change get into their cloths and wear just underwear. How did the kids get to game. Must have just worn underwear. Please stop posting anonymously so people know who has the axe to grind. No one can Coach in this day and age without getting crushed for everything they do. Guess it's the coaches fault kids didn't have cloths to change into.

You realize your "someone in the know" is absolutely, unequivocally 100% WRONG. No axe to grind at all. Actually, why are YOU defending him so much, are you his wife, brother, neighbor? See it works both ways. The team received the unis ahead of time, they wore them to the game that day. Never have they turned in a dirty, sweaty uniform before. They were always instructed to take them home, wash them and bring them back. BUT, the team just suffered a tough loss and the "coach" was not happy. He sure taught them a lesson didn't he??? Can you see it now???? Plain as day what happened. I can't believe people are defending someone that thought it was OK to send KIDS home in their UNDERWEAR!!!!!!! Again, UNREAL

I'm all for personal responsibility, and I agree kids are coddled WAY too much in today's society. I hate participation trophies and I agree that only the best should get playing time, just like real life. But this is too far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this is silly - ever hear about a situation where no one is in the right.

*Players, Assumed (you know how that goes)...
*Coach, took advantage of the situation... (no coach in his right mind allows a young man to step foot out of a locker room (in this day and age) knowing he is in his underwear. Knowing another players mother or younger sister could be in sight. Regardless if the player wants to.

Lets use common sense, another coach who used the wrong sense of Judgment! at worse run'em at the next practice. Don't think it is fireable offense, unless this is not the first action of this sort in his history

(One thing i would like to know is why some get to keep their jersey and some have to hand it in, did I read that correctly )

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on the team. I did not know anything about this till last night so I asked him what happened last week. He told me JC did not take uniforms away as punishment. These specific uniforms are distributed before the game and collected after the game whenever they are used. The kids know this ahead of time. Some kids did not have something to change into after they got back to school. I asked my son what did he wear home and he said sweats that he kept in his locker. He also told me some of the boys thought it would be funny to go home in their UW and others were just lazy and did not want to change. The point is that it was not done to punish or humiliate. The uniforms were collected inside the school after they got off bus. They did not ride home in their UW. They were not paraded around or shamed, however there are some parents, like every district on LI, who have an axe to grind who made a complaint. Error in judgment by the coach. Yes probably, but to be fired over it seems extreme. You have to remember that these kids are on the verge of becoming young men. We ask these coaches to help guide them into young adulthood. I do not think the coach should have to remind them like they are in 2nd grade to bring a post game change of clothes. BTW my son is not a starter so with or without JC in Syosset I have nothing to gain or lose by writing this. I do know it is the boys who have worked hard this year who will suffer if he is removed over a mistake being blown entirely out of proportion.

So, if the uniforms are distributed before the game and collected after the game, all players should have worn street clothes to school, correct. Do you see where you went wrong in trying defend a coach who was in the wrong. This isn't the first time, if fact, there have been several complaints over the years about this coach both berating and humiliating players in front of others. The coach should do as most of us were raised, I emphasize 'most', if you would be offended if your child would be treated this manner, don't treat others in the same way. Think before you act!

the kids had the uniforms and wore them to the school that day (it was a vacation day) and some, repeat SOME kids either did not have extra clothes and did not to borrow from a team mate - this was not done to humiliate or punish them.....now you can move on to other topics

Cats out of the bag. Spin it as you want. Ever hear of the smell test, this doesn't pass. A responsible adult is not going to have kids running to the cars ON SCHOOL PROPERTY in the underwear.

Just say a mistake in judgment was made, then I think people will move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you "agree so much that kids are coddled WAY too much", why do you rag on the coach and not the kids for not being prepared under any circumstances? At least be consistent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of opinions and statement of "facts" being posted but I only know what I saw with my own two eyes and heard from my son who is on the team, they have turned these "special patriotic" uniforms in after games in the past, they are not their regular uniforms and are collected after games that they are worn in and yes they turn them in dirty and smelly. My son went to his locker after turning in the uniform grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and left, most kids did the same, some kids had warm ups or sweats but a few did go home in boxers or compression shorts but very few and not the whole team and it is no different then what they would wear to the park or to the beach. This is a pile of hot steaming BS but they also got Al Capone on tax evasion so I think the lesson learned is if they (disgruntled parents) want to get a coach they will keep trying and trying until they get him on anything.

I assume that when they assistant coaches are in charge all 50 kids will play equal time and everybody will be happy and well clothed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you "agree so much that kids are coddled WAY too much", why do you rag on the coach and not the kids for not being prepared under any circumstances? At least be consistent

Wow, if you can't see the difference between kids being coddled and making them go home in their underwear......I can't help you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset was Class A LIC last year... Thrashing Pequa and SE.

This was won by the Boys not their parents.

Stop the hating.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guess you cant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the case- he was mad at loss.
Can not believe all the idiots defending this coach He is an absolute lunatic on sidelines.
He has screams at players on the opposing team. Badges the refs
Screams at his players. I said last year watching him coach that he will lose his cool, and be out of coaching within a year. Did not even take that long.
Terrible decision and in no way will it help the team or any player on the team.
It could even destroy team now with all parent fighting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh lord.........he screams at players. Oh lord.

Better hope your kid doesn't work in a high pressure environment when he grows up. Might get yelled at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A HS lax coach, or any school coach for that matter, should not be the one "guiding your son into young adulthood". That's your job!!! Damn, some parents today just don't want to raise their kids. It always someone else's job to do it. You're their parent, not their best friend.

You--are an a%%.

Of course a high school varsity coach is guiding boys and teaching them..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, you are patting yourself on the back for saying he would lose his cool and be "out of coaching within a year", yet he has been the head coach at Syosset for 10 years already?

Am I missing something or is this Dad ranting and raving about a coach that yells and badges the refs out of his mind?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cats out of the bag. Spin it as you want. Ever hear of the smell test, this doesn't pass. A responsible adult is not going to have kids running to the cars ON SCHOOL PROPERTY in the underwear.

Just say a mistake in judgment was made, then I think people will move on.

Was the kid on the U SA team involved?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen Brother

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip over Connetquot 10-9 OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW still a Powerhouse !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is what you get when you have great coaching , west islip will always be a contender with this coaching staff . they know how to get the most out of there players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW still a Powerhouse !

Suffolk is a ton of fun this year-

WI
Quot
SME
SMW
WM
hhe
hhw
comack
huntington
nport
whitman
sachem N
bayshore
riverhead...

Almost any one of these can beat any other on any day. Ok, maybe not bayshore and riverhead, but the rest can all play and most oif this list will be in playoffs.

anyone care to pick the teams that make it to stonybrook for Suffolk championship? a little light fun on a rainy miserable Friday-no seedings yet-still a few games to play-so just take a shot

mine-

SME v WM -repeat of last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way JC should be suspend, fired or anything over what happened, it is all about crying parents and pampered kids whose moms still wipe the kids behinds. Great coach who is very well respected among other coach's and college coach's. What a joke these parents are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is what you get when you have great coaching , west islip will always be a contender with this coaching staff . they know how to get the most out of there players.

Agreed - Quot out coached again. No respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW still a Powerhouse !

WI
Quot
SME
SMW
WM
hhe
hhw
comack
huntington
nport
whitman
sachem N
bayshore
riverhead...

Almost any one of these can beat any other on any day. Ok, maybe not bayshore and riverhead, but the rest can all play and most oif this list will be in playoffs.

anyone care to pick the teams that make it to stonybrook for Suffolk championship? a little light fun on a rainy miserable Friday-no seedings yet-still a few games to play-so just take a shot

mine-

Final Four

Smithtown East
Smithtown West
West Islip
Connetquot

Not sure who make it to the finals or who wins it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW still a Powerhouse !

WI
Quot
SME
SMW
WM
hhe
hhw
comack
huntington
nport
whitman
sachem N
bayshore
riverhead...

mine-

Riverhead may surprise - but my pick is SE vs WI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW still a Powerhouse !

WI
Quot
SME
SMW
WM
hhe
hhw
comack
huntington
nport
whitman
sachem N
bayshore
riverhead...

mine-

Riverhead may surprise - but my pick is SE vs WI

Most years I would say there are one or two teams that have an over abundance of athletes and talent. Not this year . I think it will come down to coaching and if that is the case you will see West Islip and Smithtown East in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way he should be suspending- are you kidding me!!!!
He did that for whatever reason to humiliate the players.
That is not good coaching- it is absolutely horrible.
Coaching is getting you players to play 100% all the time which is not easy
Screaming at, humiliating or intimidating players never works- players play scared.
the x and o are the easy part of coaching
Some not all of the players were absolutely humiliated by walking out in their under wear
It could - not saying it will- have lasting effect on team
Time will tell
Measuring a coach by his wins is not always the best indicator of his coaching ability- Talent can make up for a lot of bad coaching decisions and Syosset has a lot of talent.
That was an absolute horrible coaching decision and in most towns he would not be coaching anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Screaming at, humiliating or intimidating players never works- players play scared.
Some not all of the players were absolutely humiliated by walking out in their under wear
Time will tell
Measuring a coach by his wins is not always the best indicator of his coaching ability- Talent can make up for a lot of bad coaching decisions and Syosset has a lot of talent.
That was an absolute horrible coaching decision and in most towns he would not be coaching anymore

Before you make comment learn the facts about what happened!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way JC should be suspend, fired or anything over what happened, it is all about crying parents and pampered kids whose moms still wipe the kids behinds. Great coach who is very well respected among other coach's and college coach's. What a joke these parents are.

JC is an @$$ and should have been fired years ago when the complaints started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell

Agree, if the coach was truly "a good coach" this Syosset team would be unstoppable, there is a lot of talent with a bunch of great players but they play at an average level. All aspect of coaching, training, motivating, inspiring, building and mentoring should all lead back to TEAM to make them play together as a TEAM, not make the coach look better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quotes...

A coach will impact more young players in a year the the average person does in a lifetime.

OUR COACH:
Leads by Example
Dedicated and Determined
Teaches Teamwork
Motivates and Listens
Builds Character
Challenges and Develops
Committed to Our TEAM
Our Biggest Fan

A good coach will make his players see what they can be, rather than what they are. -Ara Parasheghian

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell

45+ players wearing t-shirts to school yesterday supporting there coach and 45+ players at a last minute emergency board meeting last night in support with many speaking in support of their coach - clearly the majority of the players on the team support the coach and clearly were not humiliated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell

Agree, if the coach was truly "a good coach" this Syosset team would be unstoppable, there is a lot of talent with a bunch of great players but they play at an average level. All aspect of coaching, training, motivating, inspiring, building and mentoring should all lead back to TEAM to make them play together as a TEAM, not make the coach look better.

if you were truly a "good poster" this post would be informative, there are a lot of talented posters on BOTC and some great posters but you post an average level post. all aspects of posting, thinking, humor and facts should lead back to great POSTS to make BOTC better not make you the anonymous troll better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether the coach is great or not, the players support him or not, the board will have last say. Remember a certain coach from a rather prestigious neighborhood in Nassau who faced the same type of "abuse" allegations. His players loved him, most of the parents as well, but a small minority pushed it and ......GONE. So I wish the coach well, hope this works out for the community, but don't hold your breath, because the opinions of the boys don't matter to the board, the size of the impending lawsuit does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You BOTC for making me laugh, I have to say that it is quite humorous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone that has coaches young teenage boys for over a decade, and is the father or two, I know of no male athlete that would be "humiliated" by having to walk in his underwear. Esp if he was not the only one. Most would laugh and shrug it off. I don't believe any boy was humiliated. Udder bullsh%t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether the coach is great or not, the players support him or not, the board will have last say. Remember a certain coach from a rather prestigious neighborhood in Nassau who faced the same type of "abuse" allegations. His players loved him, most of the parents as well, but a small minority pushed it and ......GONE. So I wish the coach well, hope this works out for the community, but don't hold your breath, because the opinions of the boys don't matter to the board, the size of the impending lawsuit does.

wow - you actually get it, thank you for a post that makes sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the case- he was mad at loss.
Can not believe all the idiots defending this coach He is an absolute lunatic on sidelines.
He has screams at players on the opposing team. Badges the refs
Screams at his players. I said last year watching him coach that he will lose his cool, and be out of coaching within a year. Did not even take that long.
Terrible decision and in no way will it help the team or any player on the team.
It could even destroy team now with all parent fighting

Sounds like every lacrosse coach on long island from 2nd grade on up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell

45+ players wearing t-shirts to school yesterday supporting there coach and 45+ players at a last minute emergency board meeting last night in support with many speaking in support of their coach - clearly the majority of the players on the team support the coach and clearly were not humiliated.

Well said also we didn't see the parents who hide behind the emails show up last night!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^This, absolutely^^^^

Page 43 of 77 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard