BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 77 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Port Washington played great for the most part today. Just needed a little more play from one end of the field and would have won.. The future will be bright going forward on that end next year and maybe sooner

What's sooner than next year and what end? Port parent here. What the heck are you trying to say?

If some defensive changes are made it might help for this year instead of waiting till next year

Port dad again. We don't need a cat fight. Let the season play out and see what happens. No need to air dirty laundry on an open forum.

Nice! Dirty Laundry!....Cmon'..mix it up...show us that Port Washington parents are just as dysfunctional as every other group on BotC...

Your right I have said too much already. Hopefully the boys make the playoff and have a good run.. Just gets frustrating sometimes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Alright, that's enough.. Move it along

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the take on Locust Valley this year?

I don't see them as real. Their schedule is a weaker, true C schedule.

CSH is next on their schedule and I expect it wont be pretty for LV.

CSH has impressed... Beating the following:
- A division power Syosset
- B div power Manhasset

and playing other tough non conference teams.

LV on the other hand played a weaker A & B division schedule including Port and Lynbrook (both down this year).

CSH by 4 (at least)

I don't have any stake in the game - just watching.

"I'm not a real lacrosse player but I watch them on TV"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

Quots goalie was injured and their backup goalie as well as WM played great. Both looked like they had equal saves. Quot also changed their LSM. Little changes make big differences. They looked like a different team.

Quot backup is real good. Had 16 against WM. WM goalie is great also had 10 against Quot. Quot goalie outlets were sick.

Come on Connetquot - almost losing to Huntington. You had a good thing last game - why change it up today. That would make too much sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

Quots goalie was injured and their backup goalie as well as WM played great. Both looked like they had equal saves. Quot also changed their LSM. Little changes make big differences. They looked like a different team.

Quot backup is real good. Had 16 against WM. WM goalie is great also had 10 against Quot. Quot goalie outlets were sick.

Come on Connetquot - almost losing to Huntington. You had a good thing last game - why change it up today. That would make too much sense.

Typical 1 goal game for Quot!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As good as their season has been, I will be shocked it Quot is the Sec. 11 Rep in the State A playoffs. No offense meant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale faces Massapequa on Friday. Another good game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale is a pretender. Soft out of conference schedule for such a Big School. Pequa by at least 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa by 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at standings in Suffolk A

Some of the top teams haven't played each other yet. Could be a mixing of the top 6 order.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games remaining

Connetquot - West Islip, Smithtown East and Hills East

West Islip - Connetquot and Smithtown West (also Hills West)

Smithtown East - Connetquot (also Commack and both Sachem's)

Smithtown West - West Islip (also Northport)

Hills East - Ward Melville and Connetquot (also Huntington)

Ward Melville - Hills East (also Whitman and Northport)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa coming off back to back losses. Chaminade and Syo both 1 goal games. No way they will lose to fdale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the take on Locust Valley this year?

I don't see them as real. Their schedule is a weaker, true C schedule.

CSH is next on their schedule and I expect it wont be pretty for LV.

CSH has impressed... Beating the following:
- A division power Syosset
- B div power Manhasset
Brook is 10-2 and will be # 1 seed in B-2. I bet a bunch of teams wish they had a "down" year like them
and playing other tough non conference teams.

LV on the other hand played a weaker A & B division schedule including Port and Lynbrook (both down this year).

CSH by 4 (at least)

I don't have any stake in the game - just watching.

"I'm not a real lacrosse player but I watch them on TV"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Washington played great for the most part today. Just needed a little more play from one end of the field and would have won.. The future will be bright going forward on that end next year and maybe sooner

What's sooner than next year and what end? Port parent here. What the heck are you trying to say?

If some defensive changes are made it might help for this year instead of waiting till next year

Port dad again. We don't need a cat fight. Let the season play out and see what happens. No need to air dirty laundry on an open forum.

Yes, there will be plenty of time for drama in Port. Just wait til the tool bag fathers of certain 2020s get in the mix. Buckle up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As good as their season has been, I will be shocked it Quot is the Sec. 11 Rep in the State A playoffs. No offense meant.

Probably right Quot coach doesn't play enough kids. They will be shot by playoffs. They are a great team and I hear they have some depth but not many of second level kids see the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, there will be plenty of time for drama in Port. Just wait til the tool bag fathers of certain 2020s get in the mix. Buckle up!

2019 not much better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big win for North Shore, bet Bethpage would like that one back. Tough way to lose. NS and BP both real deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably right Quot coach doesn't play enough kids. They will be shot by playoffs. They are a great team and I hear they have some depth but not many of second level kids see the field.

Because he doesn't think the second level kids are good enough. He'll ride the starters and hope he can beat a dead horse. It's his one shot for a while and he knows it after last year and this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 not much better

There is drama on every sideline. Why are you isolating Port?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Syosset coach was suspended for making the players walk out of bus in their underwear after loss to St Anthony's. If this is true it is absolutely ridiculous.
He should be immediately fired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, there are some um, "little" guys on that team that must've been flat out embarrassed being seen in their skivies and the couple of guys that don't wear underwear, well that was a debacle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it that Syosset coach was suspended for making the players walk out of bus in their underwear after loss to St Anthony's. If this is true it is absolutely ridiculous.

Stop it. They are big boys. If this is a wake up call demanding their jerseys back.. More power to Coach. Old school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walking out in their underwear is a wake-up call?
It shows that all the coach cares about is his win loss record not about building character.
If the captain of the team did this to another player he would be kicked off the team and suspended from school.
Why does the head coach get special privilege.
It was a terrible decision
Horrible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rumor has it that Syosset coach was suspended for making the players walk out of bus in their underwear after loss to St Anthony's. If this is true it is absolutely ridiculous.
He should be immediately fired. [/quot

Is this a rumor or did it actually happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"if the captain of the team did this to another player he would be kick off he team and suspended from school"?

Oh lord, are you serious?

Unless it is repeated and on-going bullying, suspending someone for that kind of boyish stupidity is a bit over the top. I've seen worse in nursery school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it is true. No one deny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rumor has it that Syosset coach was suspended for making the players walk out of bus in their underwear after loss to St Anthony's. If this is true it is absolutely ridiculous.

Yup, and heard he made a JV boy who borrowed a varsity shooting shirt to practice shirtless during a practice because Varsity paraphernalia is ONLY for Varsity.... then made entire Varsity run laps as punishment for one kids indiscretion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES! HOORAY! ABOUT TIME!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it. They are big boys. If this is a wake up call demanding their jerseys back.. More power to Coach. Old school.

So, if you loose, it's ok to line boys up, make them strip down to skivvies and send them out in public? Buddy, you need some serious help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, there are some um, "little" guys on that team that must've been flat out embarrassed being seen in their skivies and the couple of guys that don't wear underwear, well that was a debacle.

Embarrased is an understatement. This is downright humilation tactics. How does an adult actually do something like this and think it's fine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES? this post about Syo is a waste!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"if the captain of the team did this to another player he would be kick off he team and suspended from school"?

Oh lord, are you serious?

Unless it is repeated and on-going bullying, suspending someone for that kind of boyish stupidity is a bit over the top. I've seen worse in nursery school.

yes, you'd be suspended. kids have been suspended for far less in Syosset. Not sure what type of neighborhood kindergarten you went to but ..... well enough said, you wouldn't understand anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Syosset coach is one of the top coaches on the island I bet it is more of the crying parents who disagree with their kids play time and have influence in the district who put this together. He is a great coach, great person and it will be Syosset's loss. It was ok in Garden City to have kids smoking pot during a lacrosse trip and under-age drinking during football season and nothing done. Where have we come to, what a bunch of crying baby parents in Syosset. Look what this guy has done since taking over the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Syosset coach is one of the top coaches on the island I bet it is more of the crying parents who disagree with their kids play time and have influence in the district who put this together. He is a great coach, great person and it will be Syosset's loss. It was ok in Garden City to have kids smoking pot during a lacrosse trip and under-age drinking during football season and nothing done. Where have we come to, what a bunch of crying baby parents in Syosset. Look what this guy has done since taking over the program.

No argument about his merits, but if he did what is being claimed you cannot have him overseeing young boys. There is a fine line between tough coaching and hazing and it sounds like the line might have been crossed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Making team run together for one boys indiscretion is frequently used by coaches to control kids and bring them together. Makes them all responsible for each other. I do it all the time.

seems just good crowd control and coaching to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record since you decided to take a cheap shot at Garden City, the incident you referred to led to 6 kids being thrown off the lacrosse team and each kid being suspended from school for a week. One player lost his lacrosse scholarship.

that your definition of "nothing"???

grow up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is exactly what you said in your initial post.... A RUMOR!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Making team run together for one boys indiscretion is frequently used by coaches to control kids and bring them together. Makes them all responsible for each other. I do it all the time.

seems just good crowd control and coaching to me.

You miss the point... do you think the indiscretion was truly something so egregious? Also, do you think that making a young man practice shirtless is appropriate.. why not make the entire varsity team practice in their underwear as punishment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record since you decided to take a cheap shot at Garden City, the incident you referred to led to 6 kids being thrown off the lacrosse team and each kid being suspended from school for a week. One player lost his lacrosse scholarship.

that your definition of "nothing"???

grow up

C'mon, man. It's not worth arguing with Syosset whiner parents. They are masters at deflection. It stems from their low self-esteem and persecution complex. You know the type.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to hear a story of how a LI lax team visited a children hospital or sat at an old age home for an hour... just to hang with some people who could probably use an hour out of their day of something different.

How bout we turn the perception around. and I am not talking one player, we all know they are out there I am talking a team.

Page 41 of 77 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard