BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NPYLL didn't work out so well this year - good luck with that.....

If the clubs are faced with staying grade based or forced to age based, the top clubs will all choose grade based. You're fooling yourself thinking it is just Crabs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the clubs are faced with staying grade based or forced to age based, the top clubs will all choose grade based. You're fooling yourself thinking it is just Crabs.

It has to be a external rule forcing all to go age. No other way will work 100%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Clapping. They are becoming more irrelevant to the other elite teams every day. They have not had any games in the hoco league where they did not have a coach screaming threats at them and that they did not need to keep their hold backs in not did they get out of double digits but once so kudos to all the teams that have played them so far. They would be truly irrelevant if they were playing on age and you have shown your stuff by challenging them despite 40-80 pound weight differences and at times over a foot height difference. You are truly the standouts - must feel great for them to get beat on defense by a kid so much smaller and younger then them!

40-80 lb differences... What is your team from the land of tiny? Team Waif? Hilarious

Crabs has kids 180-190 pounds. Look at their profiles. The average 13-14 year old boy is 120-135 pounds so yes, 40-80 pound difference. Do you even watch the games?

My son doesn't play for Crabs, is an on-age 2020, and just turned 14 in January of this year. At the doctor yesterday he measured in at 5'11" and 179 lbs. There are at least 4-5 other kids on his team in the exact same situation - on age, just turned 14, and are between 5'10" and 6'1", 175-195 lbs. These boys do exist, they may not be "average", but they are all over the place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Clapping. They are becoming more irrelevant to the other elite teams every day. They have not had any games in the hoco league where they did not have a coach screaming threats at them and that they did not need to keep their hold backs in not did they get out of double digits but once so kudos to all the teams that have played them so far. They would be truly irrelevant if they were playing on age and you have shown your stuff by challenging them despite 40-80 pound weight differences and at times over a foot height difference. You are truly the standouts - must feel great for them to get beat on defense by a kid so much smaller and younger then them!

40-80 lb differences... What is your team from the land of tiny? Team Waif? Hilarious

Crabs has kids 180-190 pounds. Look at their profiles. The average 13-14 year old boy is 120-135 pounds so yes, 40-80 pound difference. Do you even watch the games?

My son doesn't play for Crabs, is an on-age 2020, and just turned 14 in January of this year. At the doctor yesterday he measured in at 5'11" and 179 lbs. There are at least 4-5 other kids on his team in the exact same situation - on age, just turned 14, and are between 5'10" and 6'1", 175-195 lbs. These boys do exist, they may not be "average", but they are all over the place.

Yes, they do exist but again they are not the norm as any pediatrician will tell you. Adding more kids of this size to a field that do not belong there is the point - not that there are some large on age kids but hooray for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NPYLL didn't work because Hoco was a better deal for all the clubs that wanted to play grade based. If Hoco stayed with age cut-offs, NPYLL or some other league would do fine.

Would you rather find fields and refs every week for all your club teams OR let a county do it for you and even subsidize it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally despise the holdback movement in youth club lacrosse! But, the Crabs did have the bigger, stronger, faster kids before the current rampant holdback crisis. My son is a 2018 that was a Crab at U13 (no holdbacks) and they looked like a basketball team compared to other teams they played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally despise the holdback movement in youth club lacrosse! But, the Crabs did have the bigger, stronger, faster kids before the current rampant holdback crisis. My son is a 2018 that was a Crab at U13 (no holdbacks) and they looked like a basketball team compared to other teams they played.

Don't you know that RM forged all the birth certificates when it was age based? He has to cheat to win right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the fat crab was able to get big on age kids that's the way it goes. Good for him. What he is doing now is not that - so let's not try to pretend he is some lacrosse guru. His game is holdbacks and everyone in youth lacrosse knows it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the fat crab was able to get big on age kids that's the way it goes. Good for him. What he is doing now is not that - so let's not try to pretend he is some lacrosse guru. His game is holdbacks and everyone in youth lacrosse knows it.

What we can not argue is the Crabs where the best club in MD when things where age based. I really do not think this is up for debate. So when things went Grade based the best players where still going to the Crabs. Once he saw how well the holdback game works I am sure he liked it. The holdback game for sure pushes really good on age players off the top teams this is a fact. So I do not think the Crabs will ever not be a top team. So if it goes back to age based the on age kids will go back to Crabs. They might be weaken but as you see on other forums all the clubs in the hot bed areas are being weaken by the total number of clubs. I would love for someone to count but I would guess the total number of clubs playing today is 5 times more then 8 years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were IT for a long period of time. That is not the case any longer. Hawks, 91, Looneys, FCA etc. are all very good programs that can go toe to toe with them.

Let me repeat again - the Crabs 2020 team is putting players on field who are 16 years old. 16 year olds vs 13 year olds.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were IT for a long period of time. That is not the case any longer. Hawks, 91, Looneys, FCA etc. are all very good programs that can go toe to toe with them.

Let me repeat again - the Crabs 2020 team is putting players on field who are 16 years old. 16 year olds vs 13 year olds.

I agree with you they are working the system hard core. But the name still has pull. Players will still go there. If we go back to age based. We can talk about the number of clubs on the east coast now and how this new number of clubs prevents one club from being the best at every age group. I would agree. But to think if one day we do go back the Crabs will be avg. to bad is just crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will be no better than any of the other teams mentioned. I think the name has been severely tarnished by the owners gaming of the system and his behavior on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you they are working the system hard core. But the name still has pull. Players will still go there. If we go back to age based. We can talk about the number of clubs on the east coast now and how this new number of clubs prevents one club from being the best at every age group. I would agree. But to think if one day we do go back the Crabs will be avg. to bad is just crazy.

If parents would stop putting their kids in this position to play on a club devoid of character and willing to do anything to win it might be helpful. How many of the current Crab parents said "I would never give that man or organization money for the way he manipulates the rules. I do not want to teach my son that." 3 families we know who ALL said this and are Crabs now and miraculously think they are above it. We have heard all the excuses: my kid wants to be a winner, my kid wants to get recruited and if they are on age they are not the problem. Newsflash: You are part of problem and parents who can not say no to their children and allow them to take advantage of younger kids or be on a team with kids who do this to look better are just as bad as RM and the parents who hold their kids back. Your kid may be on Crabs but you just showed your lack of character too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What we can not argue is the Crabs where the best club in MD when things where age based. I really do not think this is up for debate. So when things went Grade based the best players where still going to the Crabs. Once he saw how well the holdback game works I am sure he liked it. The holdback game for sure pushes really good on age players off the top teams this is a fact. So I do not think the Crabs will ever not be a top team. So if it goes back to age based the on age kids will go back to Crabs. They might be weaken but as you see on other forums all the clubs in the hot bed areas are being weaken by the total number of clubs. I would love for someone to count but I would guess the total number of clubs playing today is 5 times more then 8 years ago.

And years ago, those teams and players were respected for their talent. Today there is no respect for Crabs because of how they got to be so good in this grade based environment not to mention the behavior of their owner. The blue and yellow only means one thing - that they will do anything to win regardless of the impact on other kids and the knowledge that they have manipulated the rules. The families that join them now are not in it for the best training, good coaches or any of the other excuses they give - they want to be call themselves "winners **" and do not care what message they are sending to their child about sportsmanship etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You unwittingly made the point here. Now they look like a JV football team. Sure there are 6'2" kids in 8th grade who are on age. The difference is that they weigh 160lbs and are skinny. Crabs rolls out 6'2" 200lb "8th graders" now. See the difference?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just tell everyone they are 2020 - Crabs Handbook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is full of the biggest collection of cry baby dads I've ever heard in my life. I feel sorry for your boys that have you as male role models.

All the clubs operate under the same rules that they pushed for. Are they complaining or just a handful of you dads who's son has to play against kids 18 months older? I don't hear the Kelly's or Kevin Doyle or Matt Hogan crying and pushing things to go back to age based. Why is that? Really I'm asking why the clubs you hold up on a pedestal make no effort change the rules if they are at such a disadvantage. Because they all depend on them. The fact is, more of them choose to play for Crabs and you don't like that they kick your asses.

The horror your sons must face just stepping on the field. People here say Crabs are only in it to win. The crying her is because winning has become so important to you as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is full of the biggest collection of cry baby dads I've ever heard in my life. I feel sorry for your boys that have you as male role models.

All the clubs operate under the same rules that they pushed for. Are they complaining or just a handful of you dads who's son has to play against kids 18 months older? I don't hear the Kelly's or Kevin Doyle or Matt Hogan crying and pushing things to go back to age based. Why is that? Really I'm asking why the clubs you hold up on a pedestal make no effort change the rules if they are at such a disadvantage. Because they all depend on them. The fact is, more of them choose to play for Crabs and you don't like that they kick your asses.

The horror your sons must face just stepping on the field. People here say Crabs are only in it to win. The crying her is because winning has become so important to you as well.
Is it ethical? Uh, well, it's not illegal - Crabs Handbook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the horse dead yet? Nah. Let's keep beating it - Your Handbook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 years old vs 13 year olds. No crying - no whining - just stating a fact. Putting older kids on the field vs younger kids and pounding your chest when you win is bush league. If the other clubs are complicit in this sham they are guilty as well. However - no other organization games this system like the Crabs. Older kids is their saving grace - it's all they got.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical Crab response - look at everyone else grade school mentality amd profanity when called out. . You game the system to win - at least teach your kids that is the only reason they win and that it lacks character a quality their dad and fellow parents are surely missing. That can't be fixed after you have lived through your son's sport "career". Play in the age group you belong in or up -not down like a coward.. Sportsmanship 101.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are clearly demonstrating that you are the biggest cry baby, not the other people who challenge Crabs. Every opportunity is taken by the Crab faithful to push it away from them and try and make others look like they just like what Crabs is doing. And this bullsh*t you are saying about playing against 18 month older kids, you are way off base or you just can't count. Many of the Crab 2020 players are 24 to 30 months older than many of the other 2020 elite team players.
I'm the first to admit that other 2020 elite teams have some holdbacks, a few, maybe 2 or 3 and that is nowhere near the large number of holdbacks on Crabs 2020 team. Other teams do not design or try to crate a team of holdbacks, but that is exactly what the dbag Ryan McClernan does.
So, Crab nation, now it is your turn to start crying and yelling that you do nothing wrong blah blah blah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the horse dead yet? Nah. Let's keep beating it - Your Handbook
Nothing to see here, say anything or do anything to distract - Crabs Handbook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real talent plays up. End of story. Can not argue or deflect that fact. Will say it again just in case ....real talent plays up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when a parent makes the decision to send their kid out on the field with younger kids to play, they do it with the implied consent for their kid to go out and beat the crap out of the younger and less mature kid. That's it...that's what it is all about. It's not to make him better, it's not to improve his skill set...it's simply to get noticed by beating a younger and less developed kid. "Look at my kid coach...he should be in tenth grade but he spent the weekend playing eighth graders." Pathetic. It's the pathetic parents trying to get their entitled kid into Duke or Harvard...at the cost of some younger kids trying to just play a game. I know of two younger kids who have been blasted and hurt in recent games much to the enjoyment of these jackass playing down parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think youth sports should be played this way..Then fine ..Most dont and we will continue to put our opinion out there about grade based holdback/prefirst mentality lacrosse. It goes against everything YOUTH sports stand for. Many of us dont like the sport we love going down the sewer as it pertains to Youth sports...hardly ever heard about this in HS or above even tho it has been going in MD privates for a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think youth sports should be played this way..Then fine ..Most dont and we will continue to put our opinion out there about grade based holdback/prefirst mentality lacrosse. It goes against everything YOUTH sports stand for. Many of us dont like the sport we love going down the sewer as it pertains to Youth sports...hardly ever heard about this in HS or above even tho it has been going in MD privates for a while.
Please play Rec..It's fair there and you will not have to worry about great competion..otherwise...[lacrosse] off.I love watching my kid play Crabs...It helps us as a club figure out where we need to be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
love watching my kid play Crabs...It helps us as a club figure out where we need to be

Meaning...maybe we should start playing against 2021s!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...Please play Rec..It's fair there and you will not have to worry about great competion..otherwise...[lacrosse] off.I love watching my kid play Crabs...It helps us as a club figure out where we need to be

So you're acknowledging that club is unfair. Thank you, that's what we've been saying all along, I'm glad we agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please play Rec..It's fair there and you will not have to worry about great competion..otherwise...[lacrosse] off.I love watching my kid play Crabs...It helps us as a club figure out where we need to be

Another mature response from a crab dad. No wonder they behave the way they do. As a reminder, it is the non holdback on age kids that belong - not those who have to play down in order to look good. As earlier poster noted REAL talents plays up. The Crabs play down. That is not great competition. That is playing down to look better. Of course you love to watch your kid play crabs and be carried by the holdbacks. Real talent plays up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. [lacrosse] off, is that the best you can say to this individual. He made a good point and expressed his views clearly and you just give some useless babble and then [lacrosse] off. And what is this crap " it helps us as a club", do you play on your kids team, are you a daddy coach or you just think in your head you are part of his team. Loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. [lacrosse] off, is that the best you can say to this individual. He made a good point and expressed his views clearly and you just give some useless babble and then [lacrosse] off. And what is this crap " it helps us as a club", do you play on your kids team, are you a daddy coach or you just think in your head you are part of his team. Loser.

His point is that all the clubs know the rules. They agreed to them and they all pushed for grade based. They all have holdbacks as well.

If you don't like your kid playing with and against holdbacks, because if you are in the Elite division you are doing it every week, then play rec where it's age based. Of course rec is age based with 2 year age divisions, so I guess you'd complain about that too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The spirit/intent of the grade based system is clearly broken and needs to be changed. 16 year olds in 8th grade playing against 13 year olds is a freak show. It's unsafe, unethical and damages the sport over the long term. The funny thing about the Crabs is that even with their holdbacks they are barely beating teams (Hawks) who are fielding on age teams. Skill wise - Crabs are nothing special. Would surprise me if their cockiness gets the best of them and they lose in playoffs. What is Lyin Ryan going to do when the Looneys FOGO plays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The spirit/intent of the grade based system is clearly broken and needs to be changed. 16 year olds in 8th grade playing against 13 year olds is a freak show. It's unsafe, unethical and damages the sport over the long term. The funny thing about the Crabs is that even with their holdbacks they are barely beating teams (Hawks) who are fielding on age teams. Skill wise - Crabs are nothing special. Would surprise me if their cockiness gets the best of them and they lose in playoffs. What is Lyin Ryan going to do when the Looneys FOGO plays?

Probably protest as Looneys would be breaking a very clear rule also. It will be the battle of the true "winners".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His point is that all the clubs know the rules. They agreed to them and they all pushed for grade based. They all have holdbacks as well.

If you don't like your kid playing with and against holdbacks, because if you are in the Elite division you are doing it every week, then play rec where it's age based. Of course rec is age based with 2 year age divisions, so I guess you'd complain about that too.

REAL talent plays up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]...Please play Rec..It's fair there and you will not have to worry about great competion..otherwise...[lacrosse] off.I love watching my kid play Crabs...It helps us as a club figure out where we need to be

Maybe you can go play where your kid belongs instead of telling the majority to leave where they actually do belong. Typical Crabs all about me attitude. Real talent plays up - does not tell others to leave so they can play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REAL talent plays up.

True for every sport but Lacrosse. Kids should play up every year until they hit this 8th grade summer. Why you ask this is when the recruiting for D1 lacrosse starts. So if you take the whats fair, there kids, or social aspect out of it. And treat it as a job interview reclassing and playing down this year and all the years after are the best way to get the job (D1 spot). This is the reasoning the reclass parents are using. They are correct to get the result they want. There is no changing there minds because they are correctly getting what they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks fielding on age players. That's funny. You clearly have no clue what is really going on with youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks fielding on age players. That's funny. You clearly have no clue what is really going on with youth lacrosse.

Hawks 2020 has 1 player who would not have qulaified for wsyl. 91 force has one player this year that would not qualify. FCA has 4 at last count. Crabs half their roster being generous. Rising sons and Next level had added quite a few older players this year too. You are just angry that hawks got so close to your team of kids playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REAL talent plays up.

REAL talent plays CRABS - GO CRAB NATION!

Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard