BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: U15 Championship Disney
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sending kids going into their sophomore year in high school to a U15 tournament? LOL.

U15 - U15 - U15
not 2015 or 2016
it was a U15 tournament and was open to any kid that was born after 9/1/96 - if it was a 2015 or a 2016 tournament everybody would be complaining that teams had older kids playing - most U15's are going into 10th grade. enough already

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As with any tournament you go to there will be teams that can compete and teams that don't belong. With that being said the haters out there who did not go to the u 15 can say what they want about the crabs not being there or kids going into soph year shouldn't be playing in a u 15. For those who were there you know the competition was legit! There were teams there that would have beaten the crabs or West Coast Stars (who are without a doubt in the top 5 teams in the nation). I do believe that many WCS kids were their playing for the west teams. Congrats to Express as they beat a very good FCA team. Looneys, team Florida(who was very impressive) Nor Cal, DH Elite, Ballers, Jesters, Blue Devil, 3d select all competed at a high level. For those who say it was not a legit tournament, you are sadly mistaken! ps would have been nice to see laxachusetts there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the U stand for in U15? Maybe this is the confusion for everone. U=Under? If Under then yes most are all to old for this bracket by defition.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I heard the date was November 1, not September.

The way I've always understood it, U15 means your kid turned 15 within the established calendar year. Not that they are under 15.

On the girls' side, which presumably has the same age criteria as the boys', the girls were for the most part rising sophomores with a few younger kids added on and also a scant few rising juniors with late birthdays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So should be 15O - 15 or Over. look at Baseball - 15U is 15 and under - you can't be 15 before a certain date. So older 15 year olds need to move up. Not sure what is the best way but I think the issue is what people understand or the consistancey in tournement requirments. I've been at tournements like most have where the expectation is thar your kids will be playing their grade age to see them walking onto fields with kids just having shaved before the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Born after 9-01-96 as per the us lacrosse rules was u-15 for the national championship .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder you of all people should know the push is to move the respectable Nov date (which most NY can understand) to a Sept 1 date to accomidate the rest of the country which uses school year.

but remember, there will always be a younger or older child, had I would've know that I woulld have planned my kids to be born in Sept or Oct!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the U stand for in U15? Maybe this is the confusion for everone. U=Under? If Under then yes most are all to old for this bracket by defition.

USLacrosse U15 - a player may not have turned 15 on or before 8/31/2011 - the tournament was for any player born on or after 9/1/1996. most of those kids were 9th grader going into 10th grade and graduating high school June 2015. but grade was not an issue it was an aged base tournament - anybody know if Jester coaches son played? is he a rising 11th grader? was he still age eligible?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two boys played for the Jesters from last years team. Both were age eligible one of them was a coaches son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to say it but nobody cares about this stuff. You are all talking in circles since NOBODY is going to check since there are no requirements for ID's/rosters. It is an important topic but since NOBODY is going to check for ID's/rosters etc there will be those teams that cheat and those that don't. Thats the biggest problem with Lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As with any tournament you go to there will be teams that can compete and teams that don't belong. With that being said the haters out there who did not go to the u 15 can say what they want about the crabs not being there or kids going into soph year shouldn't be playing in a u 15. For those who were there you know the competition was legit! There were teams there that would have beaten the crabs or West Coast Stars (who are without a doubt in the top 5 teams in the nation). I do believe that many WCS kids were their playing for the west teams. Congrats to Express as they beat a very good FCA team. Looneys, team Florida(who was very impressive) Nor Cal, DH Elite, Ballers, Jesters, Blue Devil, 3d select all competed at a high level. For those who say it was not a legit tournament, you are sadly mistaken! ps would have been nice to see laxachusetts there.

And also the Tri-State team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to say it but nobody cares about this stuff. You are all talking in circles since NOBODY is going to check since there are no requirements for ID's/rosters. It is an important topic but since NOBODY is going to check for ID's/rosters etc there will be those teams that cheat and those that don't. Thats the biggest problem with Lax.

There is an age verification for this tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I"m asking this question because I truly don't know the answer. There is an age verification but is this at the time of registration or with ID cards and before each game? How to they manage the age limits once the tourn starts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I"m asking this question because I truly don't know the answer. There is an age verification but is this at the time of registration or with ID cards and before each game? How to they manage the age limits once the tourn starts?

There is no way to prevent people from cheating, there was no verification at this tournament - it was like every other tourney. once we registered and sent in a copy of the birth certificate you were done, no photo ID or anything, the only thing preventing cheating was if other teams knew the kid. anybody could have shown up and played under another registered kids name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is simply not true, all kids are required to supply birth certificates and rosters and credentials are checked, yes, of course if someone really wants to cheat and use someone else's birth certificate, it can be done, but hat is the case with all youth sports. I really think for the most part kids were age appropriate. Date of Birth 9/1/96 or later...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it so hard for US lacrosse to require a photo to be saved of a child every year. and issue cards.

The only issue is getting hacked and having the kids info and picture out.

Please it isnt that hard..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
football and soccer have this all figured out....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

football and soccer have leagues that have administrations, rules and over-site - each tournament has its own rules, age based, grade based ect. and teams are constantly adding players - PAL is an example of a lacrosse league trying to do this, all kids register by grade and age, if a kid is too old for the grade by PAL definition they must prove grade with a report card or letter from the school but once the roster is set it is still up to the individual coach and PAL director to police themselves and most do but some still cheat, the only way to catch them is if you happen to know the illegal player and call the coach on it. Then the league can take the matter to a disciplinary level but by and large it is an impossible task. now try and take that to a 6 week summer team with no league to answer to and constantly changing rosters and I think it is an impossible task.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those sports are better at reducing age issues but cheating still happens.If someone is determined enough they find a way.That being said the teams from long island have little secrets with regard to a child's grade and a coach,parent,playervwould be foolish to attempt to cheat in regard to age.I would think this is true of most teams entered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those sports are better at reducing age issues but cheating still happens.If someone is determined enough they find a way.That being said the teams from long island have little secrets with regard to a child's grade and a coach,parent,playervwould be foolish to attempt to cheat in regard to age.I would think this is true of most teams entered.

Then maybe the answer is league play vs tournement play. who is benefiting from these tournements? those who host the tournement and make the money - the kids aren't benefiting, playing 3 games in 4 or 5 hours. unless older and at a recruiting venue there is some value. Maybe we are exploiting our kids to much for the betterment of tournement hostes. On LI we wind up playing all LI teams for the most part when we travel. A local league for club play with controlled ages would be better, plus it would force more competition with these clubs to play agasint each other. 91 vs Express more often?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate the tournaments , even the local ones. Not because of those who run them, but they are too dam loooong. I would so much rather be in a league where you play 2 games in a row with a quick break in between once a week

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard