BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 77 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He plays against some of the worst lacrosse teams on LI. Great player but he wouldn't have a quarter of his points playing in the real division in Suffolk.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patchogue or brentwood
or
Dewitt v Casenovia (Upstate leaders)
or
Syo v 'Pequa

Not sure whats better, Maybe LV v CSh on Friday

Some great games tomorrow!!

Dalers v Port
Foxlane v Yorktown (not sure how important this is since it is A vs B, only game that matters is 5/7)
Lakeland v Wappingers (oh who cares only game that matter is 5/7)
WM v HHW (Not even sure how to call this one, one being the operative number).
Penn Yan v Westhill
Pittsfield v Penfield
and Victor has a few great games coming up (Cazenovia Saturday).
Whitman v WI (I think it is an intriguing game, could lessen the blow Commack put on them)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where can I find the stats?

Section x1

I am not positive but I don't believe Sect Xi collects/distributes the stats. Newsday or MSGV posts the results called into them and sometimes those are incorrect or have discrepancies in spelling name from week to week. I have found both site have differing stats so I am not sure which to go by. So I don't fixate on the number just who is where.

Personally I don't think it so bad to look at stats and dream of AA. At 15/16 that is the stuff you dream of. Dare to dream I say. If you are a leader in a talented county such as Suffolk/Nassua why not?. Especially if your team will not make or go deep into the playoffs. Sure stats aren't everything. The better teams probably have depth and a balanced attack of offensive players and some of those players don't even see or get to be on the 1% of the leader board but trust me they are known. Just as those leading badass defenders!

but those on the top team and in the top part of the leader board, you definitely deserve those accolades.

Dare to dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As well the kid tied for 2nd in Suffolk for point has a horrible goal to Assit ratio, but I just looked up where his high point production were (I mean goals were) all in games the team needed it. Then I found out many of his goals were of the "One More" variety. So the player with the assist is top of the county in assists. Which means there is a middie or two out there with less assists (wonder if they are hockey players). See the numbers don't always tell the true picture.

Now the leader, he is just a beast and I wish him continued success closing out the season (I will say the goal leader does have another game over the other players).

Will any of them make AA not sure but Probably the leader. Not sure if you all know but AA nominations do take prior years accolades into consideration. So if you don't have any awards from a prior year some one just as good as you with an award from last year will get the nomination over you

How about a reality check. 8 goals against Lindy, 5 goals against Brentwood, 5 against Copiague, 5 against Floyd, 6 against North Babylon. That's 29 goals against horrible teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He plays against some of the worst lacrosse teams on LI. Great player but he wouldn't have a quarter of his points playing in the real division in Suffolk.

That's why you would never make him an AA this year and you wait and see how he does in a few years when he is playing Varsity at St Anthonys . Even then you have to see how the kids do in the big games and not the games against HT and Kellenberg and St Doms. Those games will be stat padding

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why stats in HS don't hold that much stock. Look at the list for Nassau and Suffolk scoring leaders for the past few years. A few D1 kids but most are kids on low level schools with no competition and very few teammates the share the rock with. Yea so a kid can put up 7 goals a game several times a year vs bad teams. Not a big accomplishment. As we all know that's why the club teams hold so much value with college recruiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were his stats vs. Islip, Quot, Floyd, Smithtown East, Huntington, HHHE and Riverhead? None of those teams are cupcakes. Clearly he is one of the few players carrying the load for a middle of the pack Conference 1 team. I guarantee he makes All County, deservedly. Will see how his team finishes up and how he does in the playoffs before discussing AA. I say doubtful. All the above being said--GREAT SEASON for him and clearly helped his team...i don't think you'd see the jr/sr. he displaced putting up half the points he did. Anyone disparaging him is just a flat out D!ck and a hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't talking about that kid. I said a lot of kids on the leaderboard from low conference schools . That kid dominates the club circuit. Read my post and point before you reply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't talking about that kid. I said a lot of kids on the leaderboard from low conference schools . That kid dominates the club circuit. Read my post and point before you reply.

I read. Heard point. Club circuit against 8th graders - he dominates! Against 2017 & 2018 would not be able to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As well the kid tied for 2nd in Suffolk for point has a horrible goal to Assit ratio, but I just looked up where his high point production were (I mean goals were) all in games the team needed it. Then I found out many of his goals were of the "One More" variety. So the player with the assist is top of the county in assists. Which means there is a middie or two out there with less assists (wonder if they are hockey players). See the numbers don't always tell the true picture.

Now the leader, he is just a beast and I wish him continued success closing out the season (I will say the goal leader does have another game over the other players).

Will any of them make AA not sure but Probably the leader. Not sure if you all know but AA nominations do take prior years accolades into consideration. So if you don't have any awards from a prior year some one just as good as you with an award from last year will get the nomination over you

How about a reality check. 8 goals against Lindy, 5 goals against Brentwood, 5 against Copiague, 5 against Floyd, 6 against North Babylon. That's 29 goals against horrible teams.

hey jack-wagon this post isnt about the player you noted - the 8th grader. Mine was about the goal Leader (SWR) and tied (WESTBab) since they were both upper classmen. I take the stance for the 8th grader of "holy cow" look at that kid go, regardless of quality of teams.

Someone made a silly comment of goals to assits, which I usually like to look at. I also noted I looked at the school and looked if it was one or a few feeding him. I saw a leader in Assits is also from that school. a Lower level B school.

The leader, the SWR kid is a beast and deserves accolades. Plays a tough schedule leads in goals and points. Anyone over 25 goals and 25 assits needs to be commended. anyone on a winning team with 20/20 is quite an accomplishment.

But as said earlier why not dare to dream!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, I have to imagine he is going against a few "club circuit" '17 '18 defensemen when BS plays the better conference teams, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were his stats vs. Islip, Quot, Floyd, Smithtown East, Huntington, HHHE and Riverhead? None of those teams are cupcakes. Clearly he is one of the few players carrying the load for a middle of the pack Conference 1 team. I guarantee he makes All County, deservedly. Will see how his team finishes up and how he does in the playoffs before discussing AA. I say doubtful. All the above being said--GREAT SEASON for him and clearly helped his team...i don't think you'd see the jr/sr. he displaced putting up half the points he did. Anyone disparaging him is just a flat out D!ck and a hater.

I agree to everything said but one. No one was displaced, it was an open position. The timing worked perfectly for both school and player. We can all admit he is more than just a "filler". Sometimes it is not enough to be good, great even,(plenty of good kids on benches all throughout the county) sometimes timing and luck are key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I read. Heard point. Club circuit against 8th graders - he dominates! Against 2017 & 2018 would not be able to compete.

Who cares, he is competing against other varsity HS players and doing well.

All of those better schools and players know who he is and appreciate what he does. Many of those same players think it would be very cool to play with him and that speaks volumes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now can we talk about Syo and 'Pequa or Dewitt and Casenovia game.

2 more Suffolk games to filter or muddy the water WI v WW game and the HHW v WM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of those better schools and players know who he is and appreciate what he does. Many of those same players think it would be very cool to play with him and that speaks

volumes.

Yea. Everyone keeps saying they want to play w him. I'm hearing it everywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 more Suffolk games to filter or muddy the water WI v WW game and the HHW v WM.

I've got Pequa over Syosset. By a couple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got Pequa over Syosset. By a couple.

I would give SYO home field advantage but something makes me want to pick Pequa by 3 (13-10). Hopefully I'm wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even though both play in the same conditions, it is who plays better in the conditions that may play a factor in the outcomes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even though both play in the same conditions, it is who plays better in the conditions that may play a factor in the outcomes

Should be perfect weather, temp low 50's, slight chance of precipitation, overcast. perfect for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I shut off RT and let the chips fall where they may.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of those better schools and players know who he is and appreciate what he does. Many of those same players think it would be very cool to play with him and that speaks

volumes.

My kid dreams every night that he hopes he would have the opportunity to play with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syo over Pequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syo over Pequa

another 1 goal game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

Quots goalie was injured and their backup goalie as well as WM played great. Both looked like they had equal saves. Quot also changed their LSM. Little changes make big differences. They looked like a different team.

Come on Connetquot - almost losing to Huntington. You had a good thing last game - why change it up today. That would make too much sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riddle: Only Two teams have scored double digits in the last THREE years.....what team am I ??? Yup, no respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

volumes.

My kid dreams every night that he hopes he would have the opportunity to play with him.

Mine too! It speak volumes! It's So cool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

volumes.

We can only hope and pray, lol!

Mine too! It speak volumes! It's So cool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riddle: Only Two teams have scored double digits in the last THREE years.....what team am I ??? Yup, no respect.

You probably don't deserve it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or just flat out being friends with the Coach and AD gets you a starting spot, right????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea. Everyone keeps saying they want to play w him. I'm hearing it everywhere. [/quote]

My kid dreams every night that he hopes he would have the opportunity to play with him. [/quote]

We can only hope and pray, lol!

Mine too! It speak volumes! It's So cool! [/quote] [/quote]

Please tell me you people arent serious.........scary

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lynbrook ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Washington played great for the most part today. Just needed a little more play from one end of the field and would have won.. The future will be bright going forward on that end next year and maybe sooner

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Port has some great 2028 kids that are studs. Should help them beat some of the top programs next year
Look out Victor and Hill academy the great Port infants are closing in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Washington played great for the most part today. Just needed a little more play from one end of the field and would have won.. The future will be bright going forward on that end next year and maybe sooner

Which end do you have a vested interest in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This would have been a win with a Frocarro. No Frocarro, no win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's sooner than next year and what end? Port parent here. What the heck are you trying to say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did farmingdale abandon their injured player lying behind the cage to go for their celebratory group hug ... Shouldn't they have waited for him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cat Fight....rrrrrr

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's sooner than next year and what end? Port parent here. What the heck are you trying to say?

If some defensive changes are made it might help for this year instead of waiting till next year

Port dad again. We don't need a cat fight. Let the season play out and see what happens. No need to air dirty laundry on an open forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Port Washington played great for the most part today. Just needed a little more play from one end of the field and would have won.. The future will be bright going forward on that end next year and maybe sooner

Port dad again. We don't need a cat fight. Let the season play out and see what happens. No need to air dirty laundry on an open forum.

Nice! Dirty Laundry!....Cmon'..mix it up...show us that Port Washington parents are just as dysfunctional as every other group on BotC...

Page 40 of 77 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard