BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen why doesn't someone file a "right to know" request for the Crabs HOCO Roster? It run by the county which is government body. The roster has everyones birthdate. I think they would have to honor your request.

On what grounds? It is a GRADE BASED LEAGUE. What difference does it make what their DOB is. Play in AA if you don't want to play all the teams with holdbacks.

My goodness the incessant complaining about this is really tiresome. Talk about beating a dead horse. Move on

Sounds like someone is getting nervous. Don't even need to file that - just look at 8th grade grad lists for the private schools, old Hudl pages etc. it is all right out there. Heck, these kids even brag about getting their learners permit.

No one with Crabs is getting nervous. WHy would they? Things are staying grade based. Do you think they would if Crabs was the only club that wanted it this way? You are completely blind to what is going on. All the clubs prefer grade based. If the clubs were as upset as you guys are, they would push the leagues an tournaments to follow the USL guidelines. This isn't happening. Ever ask yourself why? If Crabs is the big bad monster and the other clubs have "had enough", then why aren't they pushing for change? It's just a few of you cry baby dads that are up in arms about this.

It is much more than a few cry baby dads here. Most people against this have never heard of this site.
Many lacrosse coaches I have talked to think it is disgusting. But the one area it is not disgusting is the MIAA. It is holdback/prefirst central. And it is where all Top lacrosse players want to play in MD if given the chance.
Every MIAA starting lineup is full of kids that were heldback or did prefirst. A couple years ago a father whose son was on BL team told me the entire starting line up except a couple kids should be Freshman in College.
The Clubs that prefer grade base are the ones associated with MIAA schools or players. Crabs are a perfect example. Most clubs would prefer age base.
No one playing at top level wants to upset the MIAA or top clubs and its holdback/prefirst mentality. They all think their child or club player might get to play there.
Letting select kids that are heldback/prefirst get an advantage goes counter to everything we constantly hear about the spirit of Youth athletics..But somehow the schools that preach the most Character Education are the biggest drivers of letting select kids play down in youth lacrosse. Go figure.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen why doesn't someone file a "right to know" request for the Crabs HOCO Roster? It run by the county which is government body. The roster has everyones birthdate. I think they would have to honor your request.

On what grounds? It is a GRADE BASED LEAGUE. What difference does it make what their DOB is. Play in AA if you don't want to play all the teams with holdbacks.

My goodness the incessant complaining about this is really tiresome. Talk about beating a dead horse. Move on

Sounds like someone is getting nervous. Don't even need to file that - just look at 8th grade grad lists for the private schools, old Hudl pages etc. it is all right out there. Heck, these kids even brag about getting their learners permit.

No one with Crabs is getting nervous. WHy would they? Things are staying grade based. Do you think they would if Crabs was the only club that wanted it this way? You are completely blind to what is going on. All the clubs prefer grade based. If the clubs were as upset as you guys are, they would push the leagues an tournaments to follow the USL guidelines. This isn't happening. Ever ask yourself why? If Crabs is the big bad monster and the other clubs have "had enough", then why aren't they pushing for change? It's just a few of you cry baby dads that are up in arms about this.

It is much more than a few cry baby dads here. Most people against this have never heard of this site.
Many lacrosse coaches I have talked to think it is disgusting. But the one area it is not disgusting is the MIAA. It is holdback/prefirst central. And it is where all Top lacrosse players want to play in MD if given the chance.
Every MIAA starting lineup is full of kids that were heldback or did prefirst. A couple years ago a father whose son was on BL team told me the entire starting line up except a couple kids should be Freshman in College.
The Clubs that prefer grade base are the ones associated with MIAA schools or players. Crabs are a perfect example. Most clubs would prefer age base.
No one playing at top level wants to upset the MIAA or top clubs and its holdback/prefirst mentality. They all think their child or club player might get to play there.
Letting select kids that are heldback/prefirst get an advantage goes counter to everything we constantly hear about the spirit of Youth athletics..But somehow the schools that preach the most Character Education are the biggest drivers of letting select kids play down in youth lacrosse. Go figure.

I didn't say it's just cry babies here. My point is that nothing is being done to change anything other than complaining. And my other point is, the other clubs like the grade based teams. Whether they have 2 or 12 holdbacks, all the top clubs depend on them. Don't fool yourself. No clubs reject holdbacks so it's going to be an uphill battle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their roster and DOB are public record and easily accessible through a freedom of information request. Here is sampling of the month/yr of the Crabs line-up: 12/00, 11/00, 3/00. I don't need to go on - you get the picture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that all of this holdback/re-class nonsense is a joke like most here do. Crabs rolling out 6'2" 185lb, 6'1" 215lb "8th graders" is ridiculous.

If re-class is the way to go why don't the Kelly's do it or the McDonogh coach with his boys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a f'in moron. This information is not available through a freedom of info act request. You lose all credibility when you start making this nonsense up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You jealous dads are funny. Sorry things aren't working out for you.
We only play down - Crabs handbook

You're just mad because your son got cut at Crabs tryouts... Can't beat em, can't join em, so trash em....
. I don't think anyone's son was cut from Crabs because no one on here can tolerate what Crabs stands for. You forgot one thing in your rambling about can't beat/join them so trash them, the ending to your rambling is [lacrosse]*k em. Yep, [lacrosse]*k em, so now Crab dad GFYourself.
Yup...Most likely the same Dad on here complaining...Kid must have been cut from the team...The views on this stie do not in any way reflect what is thought outside of this useless forumn.... This should not be called Boys 2020. It should be called I hate Crabs and Loonyes because my kid could not make their rockstar teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're just mad because your son got cut at Crabs tryouts... Can't beat em, can't join em, so trash em....
. I don't think anyone's son was cut from Crabs because no one on here can tolerate what Crabs stands for. You forgot one thing in your rambling about can't beat/join them so trash them, the ending to your rambling is [lacrosse]*k em. Yep, [lacrosse]*k em, so now Crab dad GFYourself.
Yup...Most likely the same Dad on here complaining...Kid must have been cut from the team...The views on this stie do not in any way reflect what is thought outside of this useless forumn.... This should not be called Boys 2020. It should be called I hate Crabs and Loonyes because my kid could not make their rockstar teams

Actually it should be called "People who don't give a fvck about how their actions impact others". Let's call it what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall and Mcdonogh both have significant amounts of holdbacks. In fact the one double holdback that everyone rails on constantly is transferring next year from BL to Calvert Hall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their roster and DOB are public record and easily accessible through a freedom of information request. Here is sampling of the month/yr of the Crabs line-up: 12/00, 11/00, 3/00. I don't need to go on - you get the picture.

Freedom of Information? Are you serious? That is a petition to request the US Government release information. These are middle school kids DOB, not finding out who killed JFK.

The ignorance on this site never ceases to amaze me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I have an on age 2020 son and it drives me NUTS that people re-class their kids for athletic reasons. I just do not understand the mentality. And, I hate playing the Crabs, because it is truly laughable how much bigger and faster they are. I also think it is very dangerous (at this age) to be playing a team that is loaded with older kids

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it should be called "People who don't give a fvck about how their actions impact others". Let's call it what it is.
Perfect comeback....You must be "that" Dad... By the way to make your point heard more...What club does your kid play for? Let's compare and figure out why you are so angry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I have an on age 2020 son and it drives me NUTS that people re-class their kids for athletic reasons. I just do not understand the mentality. And, I hate playing the Crabs, because it is truly laughable how much bigger and faster they are. I also think it is very dangerous (at this age) to be playing a team that is loaded with older kids
If you are complaining about playing better competition then you should be on a Rec team...Seriously...If you think that somehow your club is better because they do not have playbacks then you are lying.. Every club has playbacks....Quit crying and go back to Rec....They need kids like yours and parents like you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that all of this holdback/re-class nonsense is a joke like most here do. Crabs rolling out 6'2" 185lb, 6'1" 215lb "8th graders" is ridiculous.

If re-class is the way to go why don't the Kelly's do it or the McDonogh coach with his boys?

What are you talking about. There are as many holdbacks at Calvert Hall as there are anywhere else. Why do you think FCA has so many? The Kelly's run that organization.

And as far as McDonogh goes, they have more prefirst kids on Crabs teams than any other MIAA school.

Nice try, but you are completely wrong on your assessment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me what you will - but - YOU know those mo/yrs are accurate. Defender, Middie and Attackman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about. There are as many holdbacks at Calvert Hall as there are anywhere else. Why do you think FCA has so many? The Kelly's run that organization.

And as far as McDonogh goes, they have more prefirst kids on Crabs teams than any other MIAA school.

I was referring to their own children. They play on age. I know that both have holdbacks, particularly McDonogh but Hilgartners and Kellys OWN CHILDREN play on age. Got it now sparky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me what you will - but - YOU know those mo/yrs are accurate. Defender, Middie and Attackman.

You know what else is accurate? They are in 8th grade. Playing in a grade based league. Playing in the 8th grade division. So who the [lacrosse] cares how old they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was referring to their own children. They play on age. I know that both have holdbacks, particularly McDonogh but Hilgartners and Kellys OWN CHILDREN play on age. Got it now sparky.

Well of course they do not play the hold back game they do not need to. They are the system there kids will be seen. There kids will play in front of anyone there parents want them to play in front of. If your father is a head coach of a college or large private lacrosse school you do not need to cheat. Its like if you played in the NFL your son will get the option to play D1 football no matter how avg a player he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to stop now....Stop talking about particular kids no this site...BOTC....Way over the line here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall and Mcdonogh both have significant amounts of holdbacks. In fact the one double holdback that everyone rails on constantly is transferring next year from BL to Calvert Hall.

Didn't expect that, if it is the middie double holdback you are talking about. His father is an assistant football coach at BL.
Plus, Boys Latin is also loaded with holdbacks, Crabs is the feeder system to BL. Many, but not all, Crabs go to BL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in 8th grade because they couldn't hack it against kids their own age and mummy and daddy decided to hold them back so they can "dominate" younger kids and they can't even do that well. Having a driver's license in 8th grade - ROTFLO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try, but you are completely wrong on your assessment.[/quote]

I was referring to their own children. They play on age. I know that both have holdbacks, particularly McDonogh but Hilgartners and Kellys OWN CHILDREN play on age. Got it now sparky.[/quote] You need to stop now....Stop talking about particular kids no this site...BOTC....Way over the line here... [/quote]
Really there kids are kids of Lacrosse gods (LOL) So its like talking about the Presidents kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 in 8th grade. Unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't expect that, if it is the middie double holdback you are talking about. His father is an assistant football coach at BL.
Plus, Boys Latin is also loaded with holdbacks, Crabs is the feeder system to BL. Many, but not all, Crabs go to BL.

In terms of numbers, BL is in the minority if terms of kids on Crabs in 5th-8th grade. There is a total of 8 BL kids on the Crabs 2020-2023 team. One of those is going to Calvert Hall as mentioned.

I believe there are more McDonogh kids with Crabs these days than BL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what else is accurate? They are in 8th grade. Playing in a grade based league. Playing in the 8th grade division. So who the [lacrosse] cares how old they are.
Is it ethical? Uh, well, it's not illegal - Crabs Handbook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was referring to their own children. They play on age. I know that both have holdbacks, particularly McDonogh but Hilgartners and Kellys OWN CHILDREN play on age. Got it now sparky.[/quote] You need to stop now....Stop talking about particular kids no this site...BOTC....Way over the line here... [/quote]
Really there kids are kids of Lacrosse gods (LOL) So its like talking about the Presidents kids. [/quote] Not all of their kids play on age....Check the FCA 2022 roster...Just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really there kids are kids of Lacrosse gods (LOL) So its like talking about the Presidents kids. [/quote]

No they Don't...Kelly kid on the 2022 FCA Roster is a play back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to stop now....Stop talking about particular kids no this site...BOTC....Way over the line here... [/quote]
Really there kids are kids of Lacrosse gods (LOL) So its like talking about the Presidents kids. [/quote]

No they Don't...Kelly kid on the 2022 FCA Roster is a play back[/quote]

Don't ruin this guys day with actual facts. Crabs is the only club with holdbacks if you didn't know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to stop now....Stop talking about particular kids no this site...BOTC....Way over the line here...

Don't ruin this guys day with actual facts. Crabs is the only club with holdbacks if you didn't know. [So true. Double holdbacks, drivers licenses, hysteria, hand wringing, truth in information acts, teeth gnashing, lacrosse gods, victim society, oh the horror of it......hilarious!]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in 8th grade because they couldn't hack it against kids their own age and mummy and daddy decided to hold them back so they can "dominate" younger kids and they can't even do that well. Having a driver's license in 8th grade - ROTFLO.

You're right. They sure did struggle when they played for Crabs 2019 last year. Don't act like they went from some crappy B clubs 2019 to Crabs 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it should be called "People who
don't give a fvck about how their actions impact others". Let's call it
what it is.
Perfect comeback....You must be "that" Dad... By the
way to make your point heard more...What club does your kid play for?
Let's compare and figure out why you are so angry

Yes...it was a perfect comeback.

I am from the club that is tired of having to explain to our 13 year olds
why they have to play against 15 year olds, why some people believe that
this is perfectly normal, and why they continue to defend their flawed
logic in spite of overwhelming consensus from the community and increased
scrutiny from the organizing bodies of the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played for the 2019 team last year and now they play for the 2020 team. They are repeating a grade in order to get an advantage over on age kids. Enough said. Own your cheating ways.

Curious - do the 16 years olds drive the team van to practice? 16 years old in 8th grade!!!! BAHHHAAHAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2019 team was actually a 2018 team. That is how the crab ball rolls....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs Motto: If you're not playing down you're playing up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what it is.

So you come to an anonymous website to stand on your high horse and yell your claims to the world! Way to go Hero!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS...Take a look at the UNC roster and tell me the Kelly's are not holdback's. By the way I have no problem with holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well of course they do not play the hold back game they do not need to. They are the system there kids will be seen. There kids will play in front of anyone there parents want them to play in front of. If your father is a head coach of a college or large private lacrosse school you do not need to cheat. Its like if you played in the NFL your son will get the option to play D1 football no matter how avg a player he is.
Seriously. Obviously your kid does not play basketball in Baltimore...6'2 7th graders are the norm. Just because a kid is big and strong does not mean he is not of age. My kid is constantly being accused of that and it is very annoying......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. They sure did struggle when they played for Crabs 2019 last year. Don't act like they went from some crappy B clubs 2019 to Crabs 2020.

If they were competitive on their 2019 team, they would not have held back to play on 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a Kelly hold back on the FCA 2022 team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really there kids are kids of Lacrosse gods (LOL) So its like talking about the Presidents kids.

Don't ruin this guys day with actual facts. Crabs is the only club with holdbacks if you didn't know. [So true. Double holdbacks, drivers licenses, hysteria, hand wringing, truth in information acts, teeth gnashing, lacrosse gods, victim society, oh the horror of it......hilarious!][/quote]

Sounds like the Crabs are not liking all their dirty laundry being aired on a public forum. Double holdbacks, learners permits, perceived lacrosse gods all true. I would say your kids are more the victims as they are the ones caught in their parent's and coaches living life through them and having to play down when real talent plays up. No hysteria or handwringing on the receiving end - think the Crabs are starting to do both though now that the community is turning against them and their nonsense. Long time coming and well deserved. Would expect a well developed 15 year old to plow through a 13/14 year old - you should be the one embarrassed about doing it. Not the 13/14 year old who has the guts to get out and play despite your nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what it is.

So you come to an anonymous website to stand on your high horse and yell your claims to the world! Way to go Hero!

Original poster only speaks the truth - surprised you have not gotten the message from McClernan yet that your team is not allowed to post out here. For the very reason that you are proving - you trying to dispel things that are true just reduces you to petty name calling EVERY TIME because there is no defense for what the Crabs do. Comical actually. What is your name again?

Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard