BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2026-2nd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
...playing in tournaments in or around the Dix Hills area?

It was cancelled.
Really? Is that confirmed? Who bailed???

Come on dude. There is no drama. This is 2nd grade. You know what happened. Stop being stupid.
No drama... My boy was excited.. was going to offer to make calls to other clubs to try and fill in to keep it alive. Not everything is about generating drama... Especially at 2nd grade. You are obviously tainted from hanging on BOTC too much...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was cancelled.

Come on dude. There is no drama. This is 2nd grade. You know what happened. Stop being stupid.
No drama... My boy was excited.. was going to offer to make calls to other clubs to try and fill in to keep it alive. Not everything is about generating drama... Especially at 2nd grade. You are obviously tainted from hanging on BOTC too much...

What happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was cancelled.

What happened?
two teams bailed. Likely holiday or other commitments. All good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's it. I'm tired of 2026 teams not interested interested in playing. I'm going to bring my 2nd grader down to Maryland and play some real competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's it. I'm tired of 2026 teams not interested interested in playing. I'm going to bring my 2nd grader down to Maryland and play some real competition.

But those 2nd graders are 9....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just found this forum. I would have mentioned it earlier if I knew about this message board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just found this forum. I would have mentioned it earlier if I knew about this message board

Old news. No one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do. Sorry Igloo dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do. Sorry Igloo dad.

So call the cops and present them with your "evidence". They will not care either and you can go to "back of the precinct" and complain there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That guy is out of control... Same personality on the field. Tourney was great. Goalie wars was fun to watch, face-off challenge was destroyed by that nonsense mentioned above. Kids loved speed shot challenge and watching the accuracy challenge tie breaker was great. All kids were cheering!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can't wait! Lol

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anything new going on in this age group?

NOT trying to start trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

tooth fairy came last night & got $5!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tooth fairy came last night & got $5!

There was a scrimmage tonight at Seamans Neck Park for two of the bigger clubs. Good time... Both teams played hard, but the bugs won. Orange and blue team vs. blue and white.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids had fun, good game

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
nice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to love Express... 2025/2026 Express North playing in 2026 division...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who won lax clash?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 Outlaws team or the 2025 Express North team. Loved this tourney.... Two 2025 teams in true 2026 bracket and 2025 Express North using long poles against 2026 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 LI Sharks coaches are really nuts. Walking by after my sons game at McGrath and I could not help to watch the yelling and screaming. Parents on that team must be really psyched their 9 year olds get to be coached by lunatic dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 LI Sharks coaches are really nuts. Walking by after my sons game at McGrath and I could not help to watch the yelling and screaming. Parents on that team must be really psyched their 9 year olds get to be coached by lunatic dads.
Same goes for their 2024 coach...the NYP guy. Totally insane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if your 9 year old is in 2nd grade, he's a holdback.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There looked like there could have been some holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There looked like there could have been some holdbacks.

RVC 2nd grade is a good group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 Outlaws team or the 2025 Express North team. Loved this tourney.... Two 2025 teams in true 2026 bracket and 2025 Express North using long poles against 2026 teams.

Stop whining. Those teams are mostly 2026 with a few 2025s. No different than igloo with holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is 9, there is a chance he is held back 2 years....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. Outlaws 2025 and Express N 2025 are in fact the best 2026 teams out there...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Do they start checking birth certificates anytime soon?

This is my son's 2nd year playing. He plays football too. And goes to school like every other normal kid. And has lot of friends. None of his friends/classmates are that big/tall, fast, talented all at once. Neither was there such a disparity in the 20+ other games he's played in (including teams that beat us badly). I never suspected this once in any other game before Saturday. Football either... 2nd grade field day at school.... Birthday parties... Summer camps... Pickup games with neighborhood kids... etc... etc... Some of the kids' combination of size, speed, talent, coordination, aggression, had me scratching my head for sure. He also does PAL track and is unlucky enough to be at the age cutoff that puts him against kids a year older than him. I see first hand there what a difference one year makes. I really don't want to be like this. But some of the kids stuck out like a sore thumb. Or maybe the kids have great genes. Who knows.

All that complaining aside, my son still had fun playing and competing and I don't poison his attitude by letting him know about my suspicions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go check out the 2026 Igloo coach. Completely insane, lots of unhappy parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is 9, there is a chance he is held back 2 years....
my kid is 9 and he's on a 2024 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great guy. Knows the kids by name at tryouts, speaks loudly so he can be heard and get the tykes attention. Always teaching. If that is not your style, there are other programs that will have 3rd grade teams for next year, so you can move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Tony. He is the best coach I have ever seen for kids. They all love him.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our team played against a few of Tony's teams (Igloo, Seaford). Top notch guy. Great reputation. Even took time to give my son (opposing player) a few pointers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the problem and why parents are unhappy are due to AW and the fact that they have 26 kids on the roster. TB is a great coach, just has a maniac assistant...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 kids on a second grade team and an 1800 price tag. At this age level everyone should play to learn the game. Having a 2nd grader sit on the bench for half the game is not what 2nd grade team should be about. As they get older, the better kids play more and the not so good kids sit more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 kids on a second grade team and an 1800 price tag. At this age level everyone should play to learn the game. Having a 2nd grader sit on the bench for half the game is not what 2nd grade team should be about. As they get older, the better kids play more and the not so good kids sit more.

You're kid is not on the team, and therefore you should not be concerned with Igloo. My son is on the team and I have been around with multiple teams with my older son, and I can say that this club and coaching as well as caring for the kids is the best I have seen. I have gotten a lot for my money!! There is no owner involvement, but who cares when my son loves Tony and Tony cares about my son, and everyone gets equal playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AW is waxed out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're kid is not on the team, and therefore you should not be concerned with Igloo. My son is on the team and I have been around with multiple teams with my older son, and I can say that this club and coaching as well as caring for the kids is the best I have seen. I have gotten a lot for my money!! There is no owner involvement, but who cares when my son loves Tony and Tony cares about my son, and everyone gets equal playing time.

get back to us in a couple of years and let us know if they still care ...its all a business and everyone is replaceable! and if you have an older son you should know this already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a thought, but what if having more kids in this grade would allow more kids to develop, maybe because they are so young, it would benefit both the players and the club to see more kids develop and then shorten the roster. I mean how can you tell in 2nd grade if a player is going to be good or not, and maybe allowing more kids the opportunity to train more often allows kids to see if this is a sport they like or love. Also what about practices, having more kids allows for full field drills to teach the kids about the game. There is all these good reasons to have a larger roster at this age, but yes the only down side is playing time during the games.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard