05/01/16 06:06 PM
05/01/16 06:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to see the moronic comment from earlier is gone.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #162611
05/01/16 09:14 PM
05/01/16 09:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, looks like BS 8th grader is Suffolk County stat leader! Could he be an All-American? Looks like Penn State got it right in recruiting!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #162622
05/01/16 10:13 PM
05/01/16 10:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if deserved that team has another kid that somehow gets awards instead. Not sure how it happens SMH

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162630
05/01/16 11:06 PM
05/01/16 11:06 PM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.
I would also Watch
Hills east and WW- Both could upset and beat any one on given day

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

So Much for WW. WW goalie very good. Kept them in the game. Score would have been worse with out him. 19 saves.

Now your starting to sound like the Port Washington father...Geeezzz

Ok so as a moderator who happened to know the Port Washington goalies dad. I will tell you this it's not his father posting because he is deceased. It's some asshat trying to stir up crap. Cut the crap!!! Or you will be banned from the site. Promise.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162638
05/02/16 12:15 AM
05/02/16 12:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Donít let your mouth write checks your body canít cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

Hopefully he will step up
And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

No Frocarros, no chance.

I think they have more then a chance

Dude, Port has already lost to 3-8 Oceanside, Hewlett and a Class C team. Class B RVC took them to OT. Give it up. No chance until the next Frocarro arrives.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162643
05/02/16 12:42 AM
05/02/16 12:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just an observation..I really thing putting in the paper the leading scorers is almost a joke in HS lacrosse. Most kids seem to score a lot of goals against weaker teams and try to pad their own stats . It's sad but in no way to me indicates who the better players are. Nothing worse then seeing someone score over 5 goals in a game and maybe have one assist and the team wins by 8-15 goals in a game. At the end of the year you see the kid with over 40 goals and a limited amount of assists but in the big games against the good teams they are either shut out or score very little in comparison. I understand the kids being selfish but the coaches should either pull their kids out or tell them to pass it to their teammates . Jus my opinion and I'm sure some will agree and many will disagree

Unless you see a game don't comment. I know a few boys on the list. Seen lots of games. Some players on the list have a good G:A ratio, some no ratio. Even those with a good ratio could be better. You mention a player with a lot of goals. A few of the scoring leaders would have 50% more assists if other players just finished. Not to mention some get a looser definition of an assist over others.

So please let's congradulate their accomplishments because anyone on the first page or two of any ranking deserves the accolades, just know everything is relative and not as black and white as it is in print. Some are better some are not.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162649
05/02/16 05:28 AM
05/02/16 05:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just an observation..I really thing putting in the paper the leading scorers is almost a joke in HS lacrosse. Most kids seem to score a lot of goals against weaker teams and try to pad their own stats . It's sad but in no way to me indicates who the better players are. Nothing worse then seeing someone score over 5 goals in a game and maybe have one assist and the team wins by 8-15 goals in a game. At the end of the year you see the kid with over 40 goals and a limited amount of assists but in the big games against the good teams they are either shut out or score very little in comparison. I understand the kids being selfish but the coaches should either pull their kids out or tell them to pass it to their teammates . Jus my opinion and I'm sure some will agree and many will disagree

Unless you see a game don't comment. I know a few boys on the list. Seen lots of games. Some players on the list have a good G:A ratio, some no ratio. Even those with a good ratio could be better. You mention a player with a lot of goals. A few of the scoring leaders would have 50% more assists if other players just finished. Not to mention some get a looser definition of an assist over others.

So please let's congradulate their accomplishments because anyone on the first page or two of any ranking deserves the accolades, just know everything is relative and not as black and white as it is in print. Some are better some are not.

I've seen a lot of games myself .Too many blowouts to be honest and it's the coaches fault for letting these kids stay in and keep scoring against weaker teams . It looks like the coachs and players have an agenda to make the kids look good. The stats are so misleading it's sad to read it the next day.. It's actually a joke and the most misleading thing I have seen.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162652
05/02/16 06:36 AM
05/02/16 06:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree with your post. Not to take away from some really good players but it is a joke. What's worse is when you look at their teams weak schedule and see a player put up 8 goals, 6 goals, 5 goals. Then they play someone decent and he has none. They should post the players SOG also. That's where the real story is told. That being said it is high school lacrosse and you play who is in front of you. It sure does help when your head coach likes to pad his wins with a weak schedule.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162659
05/02/16 06:56 AM
05/02/16 06:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen a lot of games myself .Too many blowouts to be honest and it's the coaches fault for letting these kids stay in and keep scoring against weaker teams . It looks like the coachs and players have an agenda to make the kids look good. The stats are so misleading it's sad to read it the next day.. It's actually a joke and the most misleading thing I have seen.

So true. No fault of the players. Coaches want to bang their chest about the 50 goal scorer that he coached. Look at strength of schedule and who they put up all their goals against. It is probably good for the players ego and may actually encourage him to take a lot of bad shots. Never saw a shot I didn't like syndrome. What's an assist?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162663
05/02/16 07:28 AM
05/02/16 07:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree a lot has to do with coach keeping starter in in these blowouts. But when daddy picks the coach and has a personal relationship to him, it's so obvious that coach is helping said player pad stats for college resume.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162666
05/02/16 07:42 AM
05/02/16 07:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Don’t let your mouth write checks your body can’t cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

Hopefully he will step up
And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

No Frocarros, no chance.

I think they have more then a chance

Dude, Port has already lost to 3-8 Oceanside, Hewlett and a Class C team. Class B RVC took them to OT. Give it up. No chance until the next Frocarro arrives.

Port has some good kids coming up in a few years. 2022 class is very strong. 2020 has a few also. Let's not talk smack until the games are played. Port has had a mediocre season so far. Just hope they make the playoffs.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162696
05/02/16 09:52 AM
05/02/16 09:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.
I would also Watch
Hills east and WW- Both could upset and beat any one on given day

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

So Much for WW. WW goalie very good. Kept them in the game. Score would have been worse with out him. 19 saves.

Get in Playoffs and anything can happen. This is the best most balanced year ever in Suffolk d 1- The Best in the Country

HHHW is very interesting. They lose 90% of the FO to the quality FOGO out there, yet they only lose by a couple. If they can get to 50% maybe best in the division.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162698
05/02/16 09:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree with your post. Not to take away from some really good players but it is a joke. What's worse is when you look at their teams weak schedule and see a player put up 8 goals, 6 goals, 5 goals. Then they play someone decent and he has none. They should post the players SOG also. That's where the real story is told. That being said it is high school lacrosse and you play who is in front of you. It sure does help when your head coach likes to pad his wins with a weak schedule.

Agreed. get your one or two goals and get out or practice passing. I like to hit the game by game stat and see if they score 2 to 3 goals per game against all competition.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #162699

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'22 kids are in 6th grade... a little early to project... only 4 kids in '20 that play at a high level now...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162701
05/02/16 10:06 AM
05/02/16 10:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post I've read on BOTC. CSH dad.

Page 103 of 205 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 204 205