04/30/16 02:19 PM
04/30/16 02:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah. Maybe in PAL. Not in varsity sports where a game has more meaning emotionally and historically than the rules dictate. Analogous to NFL playoff game... Referee is going to give lee way to a pass interferece call which will give the offensive team the ball on the 1 yard line and virtually guaranteeing them a winning TD. That ref makes damn sure that foul warrants the flag and NOT just because it's in a rule book. Same difference. The officials cannot dictate who wins or loses.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162361
04/30/16 03:52 PM
04/30/16 03:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree any one of them could do it. Lot of one goal games. Connetquot beating WM yesterday with a lot of injuries. Both goalies were awesome. Shame someone had to lose that one.

Quots goalie was injured and their backup goalie as well as WM played great. Both looked like they had equal saves. Quot also changed their LSM. Little changes make big differences. They looked like a different team.

Yes - they did and quot should do well this week against WI and SE
They don't allow for much depth on the team so this was a surprise.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162367
04/30/16 04:38 PM
04/30/16 04:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Donít let your mouth write checks your body canít cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

Hopefully he will step up
And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: America's Game] #162401
04/30/16 08:53 PM
04/30/16 08:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but the refs were letting the kids play all game and not calling many penalties. There were a lot worse penalties that were not called all game long. Refs need to be consistent and should not decide game.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #162408
04/30/16 09:38 PM
04/30/16 09:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City wins Woodstick Classic 9-7

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162417
04/30/16 10:58 PM
04/30/16 10:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Moron, GC beats Set 9-7, JV smoked Set JV by 6 goals, GC girls win in OT. How ya like me now ????

GC? They look horrible this year. Will lose to Manhassett and Long Beach and go out in second or third round of Nassau playoffs. Just like last year. And no hope in sight for that team.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162440
05/01/16 07:23 AM
05/01/16 07:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now if you think that's funny , you deserve a beating. If you think spoiled Manhasset kids don't do the same your just nieve. Very immature. That's like me saying who has more money ? We have Fortune 500 owners not cop /teacher combine salary struggling to live on NHP road. Grow up.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162458
05/01/16 08:24 AM
05/01/16 08:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.
I would also Watch
Hills east and WW- Both could upset and beat any one on given day

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

So Much for WW. WW goalie very good. Kept them in the game. Score would have been worse with out him. 19 saves.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162478
05/01/16 10:04 AM
05/01/16 10:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.
I would also Watch

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

So Much for WW. WW goalie very good. Kept them in the game. Score would have been worse with out him. 19 saves.

Now your starting to sound like the Port Washington father...Geeezzz

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162488
05/01/16 10:58 AM
05/01/16 10:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also Watch

Get in Playoffs and anything can happen. This is the best most balanced year ever in Suffolk d 1- The Best in the Country

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162489
05/01/16 10:59 AM
05/01/16 10:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just an observation..I really thing putting in the paper the leading scorers is almost a joke in HS lacrosse. Most kids seem to score a lot of goals against weaker teams and try to pad their own stats . It's sad but in no way to me indicates who the better players are. Nothing worse then seeing someone score over 5 goals in a game and maybe have one assist and the team wins by 8-15 goals in a game. At the end of the year you see the kid with over 40 goals and a limited amount of assists but in the big games against the good teams they are either shut out or score very little in comparison. I understand the kids being selfish but the coaches should either pull their kids out or tell them to pass it to their teammates . Jus my opinion and I'm sure some will agree and many will disagree

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162494
05/01/16 11:31 AM
05/01/16 11:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also Watch

Get in Playoffs and anything can happen. This is the best most balanced year ever in Suffolk d 1- The Best in the Country

I think the MIAA and New England West might have something to say about that. Reality is you have 5 teams right now in Suffolk that are legitimate. As far Class A, upstate power Victor is one of the best teams in the country. Assuming any of the Suffolk teams get off Long Island, they have a tall order if they make it to the state finals.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162495
05/01/16 11:34 AM
05/01/16 11:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Donít let your mouth write checks your body canít cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

No Frocarros, no chance.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #162533
05/01/16 04:19 PM
05/01/16 04:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Frocarros, no chance.

I think they have more then a chance

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #162556
05/01/16 05:45 PM
05/01/16 05:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City Boys Varsity won 9-7 against Manhassett. Girls Varsity won in overtime. Both GC JV teams won as did the alumni. With one exception, each game was a nailbiter. I saw 4 of the games, and don't remember a single cheap hit or unsportmanslike penalty. While the fans were load, they were respectful of sitting in mixed bleachers. The Manhasset fans couldn't have been a better group. Hope we can send as nice a group to Manhasset next year.

Page 102 of 205 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 204 205